"Frankie Finds the Blues" (Foreword by Taj Mahal)

Guest Joel Harper

Guest Joel Harper

My name is Joel Harper and I am writing to share my  picture book titled "Frankie Finds the Blues". The book has multiple layers to the story with one key element being the importance of keeping the blues alive! 

Synopsis: When Frankie’s grandmother invites him to a blues concert, he’s hesitant at first—he loves hip hop! But he can’t resist his beloved grandmother’s invitation. Little does he know, that night ignites his passion for learning to play the blues. Along the way, an afternoon in the park opens a door for Frankie that proves to be life-changing. He not only learns to play guitar, but he also discovers the roots of the blues and its profound influence on popular music.

Immense thanks and gratitude out to the legendary musicians and non-profit organization The Blues Foundation for writing such dynamic and heartfelt testimonials for the book: Mavis Staples, Bonnie Raitt, Keb' Mo', and Charlie Mussellwhite. With a foreword by Taj Mahal. The book is distributed into the trade by National Book Network and Hal Leonard 

"The Blues are the Roots;

everything else is the Fruits." –– Willie Dixon

Joel Harper