White Domestic. Terror!!!

2- Mass. Shootings.  Done. By. White. Men.  News. Says.  In.  Texas,And,Ohio. Racist. White. Men.  Murdering,Wounding People..In. Texas.  ,,,Racist. White. Man. Hated  Hispanic,Hispanic  Communities...Some  News  Idiots  Saying  ,White  Men  With. Mental-Problems..  No  Place  Is  Safe. . White  News  Talkers. Not  Talking  About,Neo  Nazi  In  The  U.  S.  Military ,Or  Klan  Police,,White  Police,Fired  For  Being Klan  Members.  Black  News  Talkers  Not  ,Talking. About  Black  Street Gangs,Being  Domestic  Terrorist,Slaughtering. Black. People. In.  The. Streets.. Seems. Black. Men.  Genociding   Black. People. Is. Condoned. By, NAACP ,Black-Politicians ,Black. Churches....Neo. Nazi Coast. Guard Member,He. Was,Planning. Terror. Attacks, I. Think. The. News. Said He. Was. ,Thinkng. Of . Ways. To. Kill. Black. People....

This is going to sound like a conservative talking point, but as long as AfroAmericans are butchering eachother in the ghettoes of America it's hard to point the finger at what White males are doing even though it's happening more frequently.

In Chicago alone there's a "mass shooting" several times a week.
Let's not throw in what's happening in Detroit, D.C., St. Louis, and other urban communities.

White Republicans are decreeing the shootings as racist, calling for an end to white supremacy. Even Trump is condemning white supremacy in the wake of the latest shootings.  Chicago doesn't even make the top 10 cities of 100,000 or more in homicides. Doesn't even make the top 20.  We should be like Chev Dove and do our own research before take the orange man in the white house's word for anything black. There is no comparison between black gangbangers shooting AT each other and managing to hit one or two, and white SANE criminal white supremacists slaughtering hundreds of strangers, and in the first 8 months of this year alone, wounding over 2,000.

8 hours ago, Maurice said:

And what the hell was the shooting at a garlic festival about? The mind boggles.

This comment caught me off guard LOL.. but men are crazy.  So, really that's all the answer ever needed.  The only time "life" is sacred is when a woman is carrying it in her body and a man gets to decide through his laws whether she's allowed to terminate.  After that all bets are off.  So, really if roe vs wade is overturned here in the states - all women have to do is give birth ...and then keep it moving. Some man will eventually kill the kid anyway.

Whoa, @Mel Hopkins I'm not accustomed to such sardonicism from you. Most people will move through this life without being murdered :-) That said it seems like Roe V Wade as has a better than even money chance of being overturned.  More unwanted children will mean more crime and poverty.  Murders are already on the rise... maybe you are right.

Guest FAS, please consider creating an account -- so that I don't have to manually approve each of your comments -- thanks.

@Maurice, maybe everyone's bad breath set him off. 

On a related note: Neil deGrasse Tyson.  Posted the following tweet which resulted in a shitstorm of negative reaction:

Neil followed the next day with the following post of Facebook, which makes me wonder why anyone of moderate celebrity would post anything on social media. Neil seems to think like so many other that you can change the world via social media.  At best you provide fodder for people to ridicule you. I guess this "controversy" will help raise the profile of Neil brand as he emerges from hiding after his sexual assault allegation was resolved in his favor.  We live in a weird world.

The data he presented as "facts" is controversial as well.  Fr example the number of deaths he associated to medical errors was disputed to Twitter by actually  physicians.  But physicians are of course biased which tells you that you can learn anything in a tweet. You really have to research everything or else you are being lied to... 

TweetStorm

NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON·MONDAY, AUGUST 5, 2019·READING TIME: 2 MINUTES

Yesterday, a Tweet I posted in reaction to the horrific mass shootings in America over the previous 48 hours, killing 34 people, spawned mixed and highly critical responses.

If you missed it, I offered a short list of largely preventable causes of death, along with their average two-day death toll in the United States. They significantly exceeded the death toll from the two days of mass shootings, including the number of people (40) who on average die from handgun homicides every two days.

I then noted that we tend to react emotionally to spectacular incidences of death, with the implication that more common causes of death trigger milder responses within us.

My intent was to offer objectively true information that might help shape conversations and reactions to preventable ways we die. Where I miscalculated was that I genuinely believed the Tweet would be helpful to anyone trying to save lives in America. What I learned from the range of reactions is that for many people, some information –-my Tweet in particular -- can be true but unhelpful, especially at a time when many people are either still in shock, or trying to heal – or both.

So if you are one of those people, I apologize for not knowing in advance what effect my Tweet could have on you. I am therefore thankful for the candor and depth of critical reactions shared in my Twitter feed. As an educator, I personally value knowing with precision and accuracy what reaction anything that I say (or write) will instill in my audience, and I got this one wrong.

Respectfully Submitted
Neil deGrasse Tyson

10 minutes ago, Troy said:

Whoa, @Mel Hopkins I'm not accustomed to such sardonicism from you. Most people will move through this life without being murdered :-) That said it seems like Roe V Wade as has a better than even money chance of being overturned.  More unwanted children will mean more crime and poverty.  Murders are already on the rise... maybe you are right.

See @Troy !  I know that was harsh but sometimes I just don't feel like sugarcoating my thoughts.  Actually, I grew up in a household where we say the most inappropriate things - but for the most part, I play nice on these here internets :D

These are young white children,  they where hardly men, the hate they displayed was taught and I blame their parents. What makes a brother kill his sister, Yes our current head is different but I am very sure that these two grown kids had issues before he was elected, We all know white priveledge is real and caucasions have the right to buy guns an feel they can use them as they please, but why aren't the parents getting them help. Why are they seeking attention on this level, white black brown does it matter the color of a nation when at the end of the day we are hurting and in disbelief., I go to Walmart occasionally, and I am light bright damn near white, that could have been me or mine, it is apparent these children don't know anything about love, Kids have to much freedom, we had to fight for freedom, many die so we can claim free, my children got to be free when they left my home and then they learned that freedom is an illusion,  something they had to see for themselves, the Ghetto isn't even free.   and even if they don't say it when our young black men and women act out they to are missing something as well,  it's TV, Music, the news, games, what is raising these children, the gangs, it is defianly not parents who work 80 hours weeks with latch key kids, will we reach to the surface, down below the muck and try to understand the rage, it was't one word, it wasn't one sad song, it was people that taught these to devalue life, I could be wrong, but I am sure I am not.

• Sad 1

@Ldvirtue I hear you, but I have difficulty blaming the parents. We have a culture that empty and shallow. They suffer from the same things that afflict their parents.

I don't know what the answer is outside a reboot which will not be pretty, but nothing is gonna change for the better through the political process, Obama demonstrated that... 

Teach your kids Chinese.

• Like 1

I currently manage a prison in California and worked education and drug recovery prior to that, I have found that most will learn in the first 5 years how to manuver in this world,  children are like wet cement what falls on them leaves an impression and few of us realize the small seemly innocent things we door say in thier presence and how it effects them,   we control the TV, the radios the computers, determine the media effects,   we send them to school not paying attention to the totality of what they are learning, while it may not all be the fault of the parent I have come to in my experience to veiw so many falling because no one taught or showed them how to stand, we make excuses so they learn to make excuse we take short cuts so do they.  these where children that lacked love and this world is violent, we teach tem violence itin the media the games they play what they watch from the bedroom to the classroom, to the boardroom,  hear no evil, see no evil speak no evil, those monkeys meant so much but little did we understand

• Like 1

FAS

White Republicans are decreeing the shootings as racist, calling for an end to white supremacy. Even Trump is condemning white supremacy in the wake of the latest shootings.

Lol....and you seriously believe them?

There is no comparison between black gangbangers shooting AT each other and managing to hit one or two, and white SANE criminal white supremacists slaughtering hundreds of strangers, and in the first 8 months of this year alone, wounding over 2,000

Ofcourse not.
Because these SANE White racists have the good sense to KNOW what they're doing while most of the Black gangstas usually don't.

Whether it comes to murder, slavery, colonialism, or domestic terrorism......Caucasians KNOW who their enemies are and tend to move on them in a logical manner. Exactly why these silly negroes in the hood are busting and banging on eachother like rats fighting over rotten cheese is still a great unknown to most people including themselves.
Almost running out of excuses as to why so many of our people behave the irrational way they do.

Troy

Babies will still get aborted, it will just go underground and become messier and more dangerous. Especially for women of color who can't afford to pay for the GOOD underground medics who will still be performing the procedures for the well to do.

Ld Virtue

Welcome to the site.

These are young white children, they where hardly men, the hate they displayed was taught and I blame their parents.

I'm not an anthropologist but there are some who believe that the hate these young Caucasian males displayed was GENETIC or part of their RACIAL MEMORY.  In other words, they don't have to be TAUGHT to hate and want to kill people of color it's IN THEM already and it was BORN in them.

If anything, they have to be taught and constantly vigorously taught NOT to hate people who are different than them.

What makes a brother kill his sister,

Have you ever heard of so-called "honor killings"?
It's a tradition well established in Caucasian history where men kill their own female family members for so-called "shaming" the family through sexual misdeeds.

For many Caucasian males, the ultimate shame for a Caucasian  woman (mother, sister, daughter) is dating and having sex with a male of color.
If you look at the place he chose to shoot up, it was a club where interracial dating occured.

21 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

This comment caught me off guard LOL.. but men are crazy.  So, really that's all the answer ever needed.  The only time "life" is sacred is when a woman is carrying it in her body and a man gets to decide through his laws whether she's allowed to terminate.  After that all bets are off.  So, really if roe vs wade is overturned here in the states - all women have to do is give birth ...and then keep it moving. Some man will eventually kill the kid anyway.

Oops, apologies. Obviously it's HUGE news when this sort of thing happens in the States, we hear about it over here and it's with complete and utter disbelief . Mass shootings just don't occur in the UK. I mean, what the hell is going on ?

2 hours ago, Maurice said:

Mass shootings just don't occur in the UK.

Here in the United States @Maurice folks can go out and buy a gun as easily as they can get a prescription for Oxycodone or buy a pack of cigarettes.

Outside of the major urban centers, we have a gun culture here which I assumed was inherited from you guys :-) Are guns difficult to obtain in the UK or do people simply not worship them as they do here?

Mel

Oops...lol....I think you may have made a mistake and left out an important word in your statement.

You said:

The only time "life" is sacred is when a woman is carrying it in her body and a man gets to decide through his laws whether she's allowed to terminate. After that all bets are off.

But I think what you MEANT to say was:

The only time "life" is sacred is when a woman is carrying it in her body and a WHITE man gets to decide through his laws whether she's allowed to terminate. After that all bets are off.

Because in America, it's not Asian or Africa or Native American men making anti-abortion laws and playing legal games with women's reproductive rights.....it's almost ALL Caucasian men mostly in the Republican party.

We must be very specific when we cast blame and don't inclue ALL men in what racist conservative men have crafted.

Troy

Outside of the major urban centers, we have a gun culture here which I assumed was inherited from you guys :-) Are guns difficult to obtain in the UK or do people simply not worship them as they do here?

I know you were joking with Maurice but it should be pointed out that the Englishmen who founded the United States primarily came from the lower classes. The early colonies were heavily populated by the poverty stricken, destitute, and mentally ill as well as criminals and cast aways.
The fact that the most violent and criminal minded of British culture founded the United States explain a lot about why this current society is so gun-crazy and violent as compared to England.

It's the same with Australia.
Australia was founded and populated by the same type of criminals and destitutes who populated the early U.S. But New Zealand was established by the UPPER CLASSES of England!
And to this very day you still can see a clear difference between Australian and New Zealander culture. Even the way they talk is different.

@Pioneer1 every joke has truth in it ir it would not be funny.

The European colonizers exterminated the native population here and then enslaved the Africans. This country has a very violent beginning. Again, violence is part of our culture and guns are a big part of it.

The practice was repeated throughout the Caribbean.

There is not a single living indigenous Tasmanian today thanks to Brits. 

It seems like everyone has a gun here in FL. You are not considered much of a man unless you own one. You're weak, unable to protect your family.

13 hours ago, Troy said:

Here in the United States @Maurice folks can go out and buy a gun as easily as they can get a prescription for Oxycodone or buy a pack of cigarettes.

Outside of the major urban centers, we have a gun culture here which I assumed was inherited from you guys :-) Are guns difficult to obtain in the UK or do people simply not worship them as they do here?

Id say guns are pretty difficult to get hold of but does seem to be easier now compared to say a decade ago. Virtually crime related, as in gangs.

13 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Maurice no apologies needed! I laughed because reading it - really highlights the absurdity of it all.  Like,  yes - who shoots up a “Garlic Festival?”

Indeed. Who does ? The worlds gone mad.

• Sad 1

Maurice

The worlds gone mad.

"gone"?????

What is happening today that hasn't BEEN happening for thousands of years prior?
In what era or age have humans NOT seen mass killings by the hundreds and thousands?

This is nothing new.
The methods and weapons used for mass murder may differ from one era to the next but the theme is pretty much the same:
-People...mostly young men.....who feel frustrated and angry at their lot in life either join a gang, the military, or if their too crazy to get along with other people become lone wolves and set out to make as many other human beings feel their pain as much as they possibly can.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, Guest FAS said:

We should be like Chev Dove and do our own research before take the orange man in the white house's word for anything black.

Thank you FAS!!!

On 8/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, Guest FAS said:

There is no comparison between black gangbangers shooting AT each other and managing to hit one or two, and white SANE criminal white supremacists slaughtering hundreds of strangers, and in the first 8 months of this year alone, wounding over 2,000.

... because there is a bigger picture! 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:09 PM, Troy said:

...but nothing is gonna change for the better through the political process, Obama demonstrated that... 

@Troy This is sad but seems true.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:25 PM, Ldvirtue said:

I currently manage a prison in California and worked education and drug recovery prior to that, I have found that most will learn in the first 5 years how to manuver in this world,

@Ldvirtue Yes, there is something to be said about these early years! 

As a parent though, It is so scary to see and live and know and... disagree with some of what my 'kids' do, and feels so helpless sometimes because of Big Government and all their propaganda... But, because I tried my best to guide them in the first few years of their lives, I still hope that they will make good and responsible choices in life.

I remember soaking up all of the magazines and information about the first few years of a child's life. And I love Dr. Dobson!!!

One day, I read a magazine about how to check your baby's intelligence and based on this test, it suggested that a child could likely have a very high intelligence:

It said somethink like, 'If you put blocks in front of a baby around the age of 11 months, an intelligent baby would begin to organize the blocks; and if a baby 

stacked the blocks to a certain level, it marks that they would probably have a high intellilect; somewhere between 19-22 blocks high meant a very higl level.

I was totally in doubt, but immediately grabbed my 11 month old baby and left my apartment, got in the car and drove around to the nearest Roses store, and I bought

a box of colorful blocks. I went back home and did as the magazine suggested.

I put the baby down, opened the box and dropped the blocks in front of him, disarranged, and then sat back on the couch. Okay . . . drum roll *****

Immediately, the baby began to become curious and mesmerized by the blocks and immediately began to stack the blocks!!! He stacked the blocks!

As the stack became taller, the baby stood up and carefully continued! Then, the last block that he decided to stack, was a rectangular shape and he 

carefully placed the block on its' broad side... I was so afraid the stack was going to crumble... but it did not! After that, the baby did not stack anymore blocks, he slowly backed up and then toddled away from the blocks and went on to play with another toy. I could not believe my eyes!!! 

The baby left the stack there all day and night. I counted the stack and it was 22 blocks...

... today, that baby did pass national exams above average! LOL! OMG! And i did the same thing to my next baby and his stack was also that high! 

Now, I would like to believe that all of the hell I went through to stay with my babies when they were [i felt] too young to talk and fend for themselves helped in their baby days of exploration... not that they seem to be all that grateful... now.... smh! But they both seem to be responsible, have a good sense of consciousness... acheived above average in academics and etc. 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:25 PM, Ldvirtue said:

we control the TV, the radios the computers, determine the media effects,   we send them to school not paying attention to the totality of what they are learning, while it may not all be the fault of the parent I have come to in my experience to veiw so many falling because no one taught or showed them how to stand, we make excuses so they learn to make excuse we take short cuts so do they. 

Yes, I can understand what you say! But even still, this society competes with the parents that do care and do try too. That TV and now, internet are like--the BEAST of BEAST! LOL! You know, I was rigid [so says my kids, some of the time] about that TV and then came the internet...

On 8/5/2019 at 8:53 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Lol....and you seriously believe them?

LOL @Pioneer1 You don't? Yes, I believe them... maybe not pres. Trump, he says too much to know what to believe coming from him, but the others, yes, I do!

I do believe that these Republicans saying thiese acts of terrorism is racist-- in that they are sincere.

I'm not an anthropologist but there are some who believe that the hate these young Caucasian males displayed was GENETIC or part of their RACIAL MEMORY.  In other words, they don't have to be TAUGHT to hate and want to kill people of color it's IN THEM already and it was BORN in them.

No way! This is a conditioning, and a choice that is being made. This, IMO is not GENETIC at all. It is not apart of any RACIAL MEMORY and it is not born in them. This is all taught and conditioning. 

For many Caucasian males, the ultimate shame for a Caucasian  woman (mother, sister, daughter) is dating and having sex with a male of color.
If you look at the place he chose to shoot up, it was a club where interracial dating occured.

WOW! I was wondering about this! Did he kill his sister for this reason!? OMG!

Chev

You don't? Yes, I believe them... maybe not pres. Trump, he says too much to know what to believe coming from him, but the others, yes, I do!

I do believe that these Republicans saying thiese acts of terrorism is racist-- in that they are sincere.

Why would you not trust Trump yet trust the sincerity of his fellow Republicans?
They are ALL liars and racists; if not, they wouldn't have joined the Republican party to begin with.

Even the kids at the Florida highschool that was shot up a couple years ago no longer believe the lying words that come out of these politicians' mouths and told them their "thoughts and prayers" ain't worth a damn.

It's the love and trust so many AfroAmericans continue to have of deceptive and racist Caucasians that ALLOW them to carry out the domestic terrorist acts they commit.

Because you only distrust them AFTER they have done something horrible instead of not trusting them in the first place before they can get a chance to.

No way! This is a conditioning, and a choice that is being made. This, IMO is not GENETIC at all. It is not apart of any RACIAL MEMORY and it is not born in them. This is all taught and conditioning.

If their racism is all conditioning and a result of being taught....then WHO started it?
Who taught the first group of Caucasians to be racist and see themselves as superior to all the other people of color in their environment?

For nearly 4,000 years we've seen them commit the same theft, murder, and enslavement whether it's with Native Americans, Africans, or Asians.
If it's not part of their genetic make-up and they "learned" it from somewhere....where/who?

• Thanks 1

The truth is more and more parents are not there, they are not present, they are not involved, they are not placing blocks in front of their 11 month old children, they are out attempting to buy things to baby sit them so they don't have too, for these children there are no hugs,  their parents are not present to select the television programing or show them the off switch on the computer, we have all these internet bullies, Social media is being misused so of course we will see an impact on society, old folks unfriending old folks fighting via the net, no one takes responsibility, I mean most, not all black folks give privacy to a child until they can pay for their own privacy, there is no way my boys could have had a room full of guns, really. And these games have warnings, we have children killing children because the game resets, well the brother or sister they played with didn't reset, and more girls would turn off the computer, block, I mean block is a selection on Facebook twitter Instagram, likes determine your worth, and how many people have killed on Facebook live, I am sick of everyone blaming one another, and no Trump isn't helping by any means, I was kind of glad to know who my neighbors truly where, Trump brought out all those that smile in your face and truly because your skin is a tad bit darker hate your existence, We needed to know who's business to band from our black dollar, acknowledgment is the education that we need, So again I affirm that the majority of hate stems from poor upbringing, Parents not being present let alone involved, an engrained is a far assumption for me as several cultures contribute to my genetic makeup, We as parents need to be involved, we need to speak with our children not talk at them, ask them questions, view there internet activity, know their friends, Work is there, but I work so I can enjoy them, I refuse to make it more important than them.  

Realistically some parents are doing the best that they can but Society wins again, we promote dope, loose women and men, we marginalize sin and we glamorize death, we as people of color. While more us are attempting to reach down there are those that our girls attempt to mimic and our boys idolize, yes white America is terroristic, it doesnt concern themselves with our race, we must learn to love ourselves, no it wasn’t okay but I hate Walmart any way, and looking at the larger picture is if the sister was dating outside her culture where was the brother during her upbringing. Love is greater than hate, the school boys hate themselves, they shot of a school of their own, some of us are just angry. And who we blame if Obama was yet in office? These where two hateful boys and I hope it opens eyes, can we look past pointing fingers and really look at the issue, Trump is just a distraction.

1 hour ago, Ldvirtue said:

...Trump is just a distraction.

This is true.  Unfortunately he is a profitable distraction, so our media give him a great deal of focus and a disproportionate amount of their resources are dedicated to covering him. Even before he even before he was in office he got more attention than every other candidate combined.

Similarly social media ain't going anywhere. If you locked Zuckerberg up there'd be another parasite right behind him doing anything they can to profit off our attention and information. None of these guys care about the impact on our youth -- beyond the wealth they can extract from them.

It is hard for anyone to raise a kid in this environment, so it is hard for me to blame the parents.  

do we blame Ford for the miss use of an automobile, we could start off by teaching our children how to use social media responsibly, how to formulate their own opinions, there are driving school, perhaps internet access should come with a license, the government polices it to a point, but should young minds not have limited access, we should hold the parents responsible, it starts at home. when a child get a gun we hold the parents responsible, the internet, television and music holds the same threats to impressionable minds, as a game of Russian roulette especially if parents aren't watching the activity, when a seven year old girl meets and old man on the playground and he abducts her, her parents are not involved, I am sorry, I am not saying all children or parents, we need to pay attention to the words of the songs they sing, or the content of what they watch, who are they calling, why are they calling anyone at 6 years old, can we go back to the good old days of climbing trees, jumping rope, they sit and play games getting larger and larger, where is the tic tac toe or dodge ball, it's not going anywhere I agree with that, but we can choice how we approach it. These things are tools, no more, no less, 

I have shared these people with my children, used a selection of these to uplift my girls, Jill Scott, India Arie, Angela Stone because I love my black brothers, Erika and Mary J. I taught them to love themselves with the words of Maya, and Truth was Sojourner Truth helped me pave the way. Obama gave my boys something to aspire to, but so did George Washington Carver and I would be honored to say they know a little of what he knew, W.C. Brown, Latimer stood in the mix of men, when we teach them who they are no one can stifle them, I taught them that the internet cannot replace their friends and social skills are practiced and engaging in conversation is an automatic win, they know that games are make believe and Television isn't real, Real house wives of Atlanta. Empire a poor selection of what is real, Rap is a choice, so be selective of what you hear, We are educated people every shade of brown and depending on your community the net is the only place that information can be found. I try to show my children, and I gave birth to 6, I have fostered 30 and let’s throw 17 grandkids in the mix, more or less, My Sons are future kings and my daughters Queens to be and that legacy all began with me, (Well my grandmother) my family ate together daily and the phones lay in a box, every electrical device in my house, yes they all got shut off,

I shared this with my children, have been sharing it for years, this is how they see us, 

"Market for Ni$$as" - YouTube

this is truth, he is really good, I hope you enjoy I am just saying the parents can do more, it really does begin with them.....

they represent us (children)

one more thing just went camping with 122 family members for a week, No phones, limted internet.

2 hours ago, Ldvirtue said:

do we blame Ford for the miss use of an automobile

No. Of course not, but the analogy is flawed.  It is not a matter of simply "teaching" children how to use social media.  The first problem that you'll encounter is that most adults are not in a position to teach anyone how to use social media effectively simply because they don't know how to use it themselves.

But more importantly, unlike Ford's horseless carriage, social media is designed, by the best minds, through psychometric techniques to manipulate one's behavior. The techniques are enhanced dynamically through machine learning.  Stressed, overworked, and tired parents are not match.

Personally, I decided to opt-out. I do not engage on social media.  I post links and will reply when appropriate, but I don't do anything personal on social anymore. That was the best way for me to avoid the negative influences and manipulation of social media.  That strategy would not work with a kid.  Peer pressure would be too strong...

I fundamentally agree with you @Ldvirtue Yes parents need to do more.  You are obviously doing a good job, but don't use your strength, effectiveness, and consciousness as a basis to judge other parents.  They are not where you are and will need a LOT more help to get there -- assuming it is even possible.

2 hours ago, Ldvirtue said:

one more thing just went camping with 122 family members for a week

This sound great. But keep in mind many people are not as blessed as you are to be able participate in something like this.  Shoot I had one girlfriend that loved to camp but most didn't really want to have anything to do with it.  I took my kids several times and I'm sure I could get them to go today if I arranged a trip ;-)

LD Virtue

How would you explain our black Republican. There are Republicans of all cultures. How do we justify there decision,

It's funny you should ask that because I actually know some AfroAmerican Republicans personally and for the past year or so they've been so embarassed at the antics that's been going on in Washington that the last thing they want to do is talk politics with me....lol.

As Troy pointed out much of it has to do with financial reasons, however in my personal observations besides the AfroAmerican business owners who favor the lower taxes and deregulations the Republican party promotes, there are also 2 major reasons why AfroAmericans join the Republican party:

1. Self hatred.
You'd be suprised at how many AfroAmericans actually HATE other AfroAmericans and wish they can join Caucasian racists in harming and eliminating them. Often times this hatred stems from how they were treated in childhood by other AfroAmericans. They decide to get "even" as adults. But the self-hatred is REAL and not just an exaggeration or cliche.

2. Confusion over conservative principles.
Up until recently most AfroAmericans were SOCIALLY conservative. They were against abortions, against homosexuality, had strong family values, and were very religious. The more the Democrats moved away from these principles the more AfroAmericans lost faith in the Democratic Party and many turned to the Republican party because of their moral RHETORIC (which most really don't believe in) which tickled the ear of the average Jesus loving AfroAmerican who believed Republicans were the party of values and morals.

What's happening today is as this generation of AfroAmerican youth become more socially liberal they aren't as attracted to...thus aren't willing to fall for....the conservative/religious RHETORIC (which they really don't believe in) of the Republican party.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:20 PM, Pioneer1 said:

2. Confusion over conservative principles.
Up until recently most AfroAmericans were SOCIALLY conservative. They were against abortions, against homosexuality, had strong family values, and were very religious. The more the Democrats moved away from these principles the more AfroAmericans lost faith in the Democratic Party and many turned to the Republican party because of their moral RHETORIC (which most really don't believe in) which tickled the ear of the average Jesus loving AfroAmerican who believed Republicans were the party of values and morals.

Some of us were not socially conservative but fiscally conservative. 

We believed in the bootstrapping way in life.  -That was until I woke the eff up and realized that was a lie too.   (Pre-Obama)  I was actually a card-carrying republican appointed official for two years.  When I moved to Illinois, the GOP preyed on me like I was a lost native venturing too near to the door of no return in West Africa.  They snatched me up and appointed me an elected official.  Once inside, I saw the GOP for what they were really are; gang members.- The political party system in America is nothing more than a bunch of thugs and gangsters.  Prior to my two-year GOP stint,  I was strictly independent and only voted issues - and that's where I've returned.  I vote for folks who represent legislation that I believe is best for the nation.

• Thanks 1

Mel

Well if you had  stuck with them a little longer and rose higher in the ranks of the party you would have eventually realized that not only are they a bunch of thugs and gangsters but at the very top BOTH the Republicans and Democrats are one and the same.
The Left wing and Right wing are just different side of the same bird of prey.
Republicans and Democrats are just components of a political game controlled by the same group.

As far as the financial aspect of Conservatism.........
I can agree with it on a local and state level because these regions can't "make" their own money but must get it from other sources;  but I don't by fiscal conservatism at all on the federal level because this nation can literally "make-up" and print all of the money it wants and add as much value to it as needed to offset inflation.
And this is exactly what the U.S. has been doing since WWII.
So there is no need for America to be financially conservative at the federal level.

It's similar to a degree over here. UAF I think are virtually all caucasian  with hardly anyone from the British Caribbean community or Asian (as in Muslims or Hindus). But they do a good job standing up to the far right as well as others like Stand up to Racism and Hope not Hate. These organisations are ALWAYS present when the far right demo. The latter do seem to have a good mix of people.

Guest QueenX

Some police just picked up about 4 young white men for plotting to commit mass murder.I think this is a step in the right direction. However Pres. Trump doesn't seem to be

interested in the safety of his American people when he remarked, "Guns don't kill.People do".That doesn.t explain why crazy people should have military-style weapons.

Maurice

Perhaps in both the UK and US many of the citizens of color aren't out in the streets challenging these right-wing facists because they're afraid they wouldn't be shown the same indifferent treatment to their activities that the Caucasian leftist activists are shown.

While the Caucasian activist may march and scream and duke it out and get back in their groups and drive off.....the African or Indian activist probably fears he'll find himself in cuffs or brought up on charges of assault and inciting a riot.

Queen X

That doesn.t explain why crazy people should have military-style weapons.

Those young men weren't "crazy" or insane.
Evil....yes.
Crazy....no.

They knew EXACTLY what they were doing and why they did it and showed no remorse for their actions.

Pioneer1

Hmmm,you may have a point there. But as I said,as with the group Stand Up to Racism, when they appear on the street, the crowd is extremely diverse. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the main focus is Islamphobia. Many Muslims do turn out for this,particularly when opposing far right groups. Thankfully violence doesn't occur that often and the two sides are often kept apart . 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 6:19 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Why would you not trust Trump yet trust the sincerity of his fellow Republicans?
They are ALL liars and racists; if not, they wouldn't have joined the Republican party to begin with.

@Pioneer1 I had to go back to this thread in order to understand the other one that you tagged me for, and so, I skimmed, this thread briefly. I've been busy.

But, no, I don't trust this government 'as a whole' but I do believe some when they admit this is racism. Are they liars? Well, it depends on what but, if they say yes, this is racism, I believe them. 

It's the love and trust so many AfroAmericans continue to have of deceptive and racist Caucasians that ALLOW them to carry out the domestic terrorist acts they commit.

Oh no. For me, it is not 'love' or 'trust' that I have in this racist system dominated by "Caucasians". 

If their racism is all conditioning and a result of being taught....then WHO started it?
Who taught the first group of Caucasians to be racist and see themselves as superior to all the other people of color in their environment?

For nearly 4,000 years we've seen them commit the same theft, murder, and enslavement whether it's with Native Americans, Africans, or Asians.
If it's not part of their genetic make-up and they "learned" it from somewhere....where/who?

Are you prepared for the whole truth @Pioneer1 !?

4,000 years!?

You have to go back much farther in time!!! --- Didn't you say that Black people existed a long, long, long.... time ago?

Are you really prepared to accept truth on this Pioneer1?

White Supremacist are OPPORTUNIST. They are supported to supplant their evil in a Black dominated environment! 

White Supremacy and Black Self-Hatred inter-react one with each other!

White Supremacy began long before 4000 years ago, by some 'BEING' that wanted to be WHITE because he began to believe that White was more superior

than his being black!... and so this BEING was MUTATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The beginning of PURE ALBINISM. So because of his agenda we in this world are 

affected; his justification of White Supremacy is a taught behavior and a conditioing that we, whether white or black, continue to carry on. 

We are all born now, in this mindset because we are taught and conditioned from our parents, whether we are White or Black or Asian or etc. This whole world is affected by issues of COLORISM and White Supremacy. So, if a White REpublican, feels that they are conservatives or whatever reason, they can still agree that racism is a problem, just like a Black person who chooses to believe in a democrat platform.  My response may seem strange, but we are all born in 'sin' [ie. eastern format] that White is more supreme and must be delivered out of this strange format. 

Chev

White Supremacy began long before 4000 years ago, by some 'BEING' that wanted to be WHITE because he began to believe that White was more superior

than his being black!... and so this BEING was MUTATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The beginning of PURE ALBINISM. So because of his agenda we in this world are 

affected; his justification of White Supremacy is a taught behavior and a conditioing that we, whether white or black, continue to carry on. 

Are you talking about Yacub?