COMING SOON: 24-HOUR BLACK NEWS CHANNEL

blacknewschannel.png

The first 24 hour Black News Channel is expected to launch November 15, 2019 @6:00 AM. The cable network is the brainchild of  J.C. Watts, Jr., former U.S Representative (R-Oklahoma) now BNC chairman and Veteran Journalist Bob Brilliante who will serve as the cable network's CEO.  BNC Newsroom management made their rounds at the National Association Black Journalists Job fair in Miami, FL earlier this month.  The news channel, headquartered in Tallahassee, Fl, will broadcast to 33 million households nationwide with a major presence in Los Angeles, Atlanta and New York.  ~MH  You can read the release here: https://blacknewschannel.com/wp-content/uploads/BNC_NABJ-Press-Release_2019.pdf

Edited by Mel Hopkins
edit date, typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kareem

You kind of summed up my feelings of skepticism about this channel.

Although AfroAmericans desperately need our own INDEPENDENT media, I have to wonder is this the real deal or will it just be another FRONT to push the LGBTQIA+  agenda as well as other forms of self-destruction on AfroAmericans.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I have to wonder is this the real deal or will it just be another FRONT to push the LGBTQIA+  agenda

It really comes down to who owns it and who finances it. JC Watts is apparently the brainchild of it and probably wouldn't want any of that alphabet stuff based on his history. Once Robert Johnson sold BET to Viacom, it turned into a perpetual minstrel show. The Root is all alphabet stuff. I honestly don't believe the USA will ever allow a true black channel with true black voices, thus the skepticism.

Even if the station was a clone of BET there is SO much competition it will be tough to garner eyeballs.  Of course with more intelligent programming it will be a miracle if it survives.

If the show does produce intelligent programming and is available through a streaming service I will watch it.

Speaking of "alphabet stuff" it seems Dave Chappelle latest routine was not appreciated by the alphabet community.  I watched two Sisters (one gay and one straight) hotly debate the merits and humor of Dave's latest. The straight sister thought it was funny and lesbian sister thought it wasn't funny at all. 

I just watched it last night.  The "alphabet" bit was mildly humorous and I saw no reason for offense -- they are jokes. The part about the use of the word "Faggot" was particularly telling.

• Thanks 1

@Troy That cracked me up! Dave is the only brother in show biz who doesn't give a damn. He knows his fans will always be there and he doesn't need network money, so he can do and say what he wants and feels. That interview he did with Oprah years ago said it all - when he told those white producers to go f*** themselves when they wanted him to wear a dress in the movie "Blue Streak." That's also why I started my own business right out of college and invested in Bitcoin years ago. As long as your paychecks (meaning your food, water, shelter and well-being) come from white people, you have to obey them and live by their rules. Which circles right back to this new black network. I have to believe you need white money to start a TV network. So we'll see.

• Like 1

@Del They'll need to show videos like Normani'sNicki Minaj's and Cardi B's below for at least 6 hours a day (I wonder if @Pioneer1 and @Mel Hopkins think Cardi B's video's visuals and language is appropriate for kids too? I nicknamed it "nipples galore"). 

A number of "reality" TV show where provocatively dressed Black women, with Blond weaves (that all the Black women here love), throw drinks in each others faces and engage in affairs and other dysfunctional behavior.

They'll need some Tyler Perry dramas like the ones that saved Oprah's network. Another Empire or Power program would be helpful.

Of course well need sports but I doubt they have money to get professional sports out the box. Maybe they can broadcast some HBCU games the half time shows with dancers and music might would draw viewers.

They shouldn't waste money on journalist to cover relevant news of the day. They can simlly troll "black Twitter" for the freshest viral content and have some trendy millennials discuss it. They could take Tavis Smiley or Roland Martin out of mothballs to provide some semblance of serious journalism without actually doing it.

Maybe live stream TD Jakes and some other megachurches each Sunday, followed by a weekly motivational message from the Obamas.

Have some infomercials for HTC, CBD, Vape, Opiod, liquor, hair care, and weight loss products.

Finally they'll need comedy and pleny of it!

These things will help guarantee broad appeal and financial success of the new network.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 2:53 PM, Kareem said:

It only took six months for the "first black President" to reveal his true colors.

Lol! Yes!!!

On 9/2/2019 at 3:22 PM, Pioneer1 said:

LGBTQIA+ 

@Pioneer1 What does QIA+ reference?

On 9/2/2019 at 5:28 PM, Troy said:

I just watched it last night.  The "alphabet" bit was mildly humorous and I saw no reason for offense -- they are jokes. The part about the use of the word "Faggot" was particularly telling.

@Troy LOL! OMW this was so funny! Man! He is on point.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:12 AM, Troy said:

They'll need some Tyler Perry dramas like the ones that saved Oprah's network. Another Empire or Power program would be helpful.

Of course well need sports but I doubt they have money to get professional sports out the box. Maybe they can broadcast some HBCU games the half time shows with dancers and music might would draw viewers.

Get out! LOL This too, is so on point, in fact your whole post is on point. But, I hope that he will be able to be affective in another way!

I have not given up at all on my people throwing a fresh twist in order to counteract this kind of Blaxploitation that White people will only support.

That was the first time I ever saw anything that Cardi B did and man!--that is so out of my league! She's pretty, but that was so not interesting! That was crazy! I think this post may answer some questions to the other post I already scanned of @Pioneer1 ! But are Black people ready to take accountability though, for our part!!!?--in this cesspool of America Colonization!? 

On 8/23/2019 at 3:27 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

The first 24 hour Black News Channel is expected to launch November 15, 2019 @6:00 AM. The cable network is the brainchild of  J.C. Watts, Jr., former U.S Representative (R-Oklahoma) ...

@Mel Hopkins YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I am hopeful! YES! 

41 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

That was the first time I ever saw anything that Cardi B did and man!--that is so out of my league!

Yeah this was the first time i watched a cardi b video myself. I have not really watched music video since Yo MTV Raps! and boy have they come a looong way. The topless women surprised me. I guess soon they will just have intercourse in music videos. @Pioneer1 of course will say that is beautiful and our nature 😉

• Like 1

Chev

What does QIA+ reference?

Queer, Intersexed, and Asexual....lol.

Troy

If CARDIAC B did it....it almost certainly is NOT part of our nature as Africans.

She's, along with Nicki Minaj and another one called "Megan Thee Stallion" are a group of mulatto women who are getting paid to promote vulgar degenerate sexuality in the AfroAmerican community.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Get out! LOL. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Troy said:

boy have they come a looong way.

@Troy You ain't jokin! MAN!

I just went through a dejavu period a few days ago because of some tabloid that I clicked on and completely enjoyed myself getting caught up with some 90s music I did not get a chance to enjoy because I was so busy raising my kids and, Wow this Cardi B stuff seems even more crazier to me after watching and listening to some real talent and art.

I remember my baby standing in the kitchen next to me in his walker and then, all of a sudden, when he heard the harmonizing of some sistas on Sesame Street in the living room, he whipped his walker around and ran off! I followed and watched him mesmerized at the pretty ladies as he was also bopping in his walker to the music. Then, I saw the awards show and was so happy they won, but after that, I basically stopped keeping up with time until NOW!

So, I clicked on-- a yahoo article about Brittany Spears to learn more about the hype about her and then clicked on Shar Jackson... and then ... Moesha to find out why the Middle School boys in my classroom years ago kept associating me with Brandy!!! LOL, I never knew because I had not seen one episode of Moesha! Then I clicked on 

EN VOGUE!!!-- And for hours, became caught up in their music and videos.

I researched each of the 4 original ladies, and I do even have a favorite because they are all outstanding! MAXINE JONES, CINDY HERRON, DAWN ROBINSON and TERRY ELLIS, amazing! 

Now, that is class, pure class! WOW! I remember my baby running to the TV, to watch them on Sesame Street, harmonize. That CArdi B stuff cannot ever compare, imo.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:59 AM, Pioneer1 said:

What does QIA+ reference?

I did not know this until just now.  I thought about looking it up but never got around to it...

I agree with you all regarding Cardi B and En Vogue, TLC etc. from the lyrics, to their music videos, and the way they are packaged and delivered to our youth for consumption.

Now I maybe a 50+ year-old guy talking who is out of touch with "what happenin'" today.  I freely admit that I am. However, whenever I'm look I'm concerned.  Some older people probably felt En Vogue's videos were hyper-sexualized likening it to the devils music.  They would probably argue the videos of today are a natural progression from En Vogue.

I'd disagree what we see today is a perversion of En Vogue and the other artists from a generation before. Again I was actually surprised to see topless women on a music video of a mainstream artist on youtube.  This is obviously acceptable now.  So the boundaries will continue to be pushed. As corporation appeal to our baser natures for money.

People will defend this because it generates revenue and they like to be aroused.  My problem is that this type of content is pushed to us by Google 24/7 (the video has over 85 million views in less than a year).  That is 85 times the number of view all of AALBC videos have obtained over a 10 years period. While YouTube is not AALBC's focus, that is still a staggering difference.

We know sex sells, we know Google pushes this type of content, and we know corporations invested a tremendous amount to produce and distribute this stuff to us.  I know at the end of the day most people don't really care, but we need to at least acknowledge what is being done and consider the implication on our culture. 

"All A Bad Bitch Needs is the Money"

cardi-b-video.jpg

The really crazy thing is that Google has banned an earlier version of this discussion forum (Thumper's corner) from showing google advertisements because of nudity, but Google themselves earn ad revenue showing nudity on their own platforms!  This is what happens when monopolies rule. They control our narrative and are the only ones who can profit from it. All the rest of us can do is hope they will share some of their profits with us -- provided we do what they say.  This makes us slaves.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 11:05 AM, Troy said:

They would probably argue the videos of today are a natural progression from En Vogue.

Yes, @Troy now that you mention this, I could see someone debating on this score, but I would beg the differ. 

En Vogue was organized, from what I understand, by two men! And, they put together a classy group that today, is dubbed to be one of the 

greatest girl groups of all time, and I would agree. They showed class, style, sexual appeal and etc., and that's should define 'a woman', but what Cardi B and 

some others of today show, is a freak show. And like @Pioneer1 basically said, this Whit government is trying to define Black people as this mess, in addition to trying say that Black people are all defined as MUTS or biracial immigrant freaks.

You know, Cindy Herron, of En Vogue, is Bi-racial, and she sure does not define us by these slutty standards! She is so amazing! 

We don't need White people defining us, we need to define ourselves.

Cindy Herron of En Vogue

BDPTRQ1CcAAhJ2e.png

hqdefault.jpg

Hold on-- Lead Vocals or Terry Ellis and Cindy Herron!

Troy

That picture you put up is a PERFECT example of what I mean about "slutty" and vulgar.
A picture of women calling themselves "bad bitches" and making grim mean-mug faces.

The titties exposed are alright with me (they're a little too small and too firm IMO...but they'll due..lol).
It's the NEGATIVE ATTITUDE and the push to purposefully be immoral and "bad" that I have a major problem with because now you're promoting immorality as attractive and encouraging our girls to be wicked and evil.

That's straight up SATANIC.

It reminds me of that biblical verse that goes something like,
"Fear not him who can just destroy the body, rather fear him who can destroy both body and soul in hell".

You ask me about a motive for promoting this garbage?

More so than the money, I think many of these wicked beasts are trying TRICK as many AfroAmerican youth into living an immoral lifestyle as they can hoping that they will lose Divine Salvation and end up in a terrible place.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I think many of these wicked beasts are trying TRICK as many AfroAmerican youth into living an immoral lifestyle as they can hoping that they will lose Divine Salvation and end up in a terrible place.

Perhaps. I still think it is to get as many eyeballs as possible by appealing to our baser natures. Any adverse impact on our mortality is incidental... they just don't care, either way, as long as they are making money.

You honestly believe that people who pretty much rule this world are just interested in making more money?

If that was the case, why did your boy 45 want to be President?
He could have made far more money staying out of office and focusing on managing his properties and businesses.

They are after something much larger....much more grand.....than money.

Troy

Ok, I'll meet you half-way and agree that much of the time money is first on the agenda toward the more ultimate goal of power; however I think you're speaking more on an individual basis while I'm talking about the Caucasians in control collectively.

They INVENTED the monetary system that we are dealing with today and they can add value to it or decrease it's value around the planet depending on how they see fit.

That takes POWER.

Money is just a MEANS to and end, but the end is POWER.

How about this.....

How about we can both agree that WEALTH is their ultimate goal because wealth INCLUDES money and power.....among other valuable things.

Like many wealthy Caucasian men, the motives of Bezos are MORE wealth so that he can have MORE control over this world.

And like many rich (not wealthy) AfroAmerican men, the motives of Jay Z are to get closer to those wealthy Caucasian men AND to do what Neely Fuller calls SHOW-CASING.
Showing off what little riches you have to other AfroAmericans to make yourself look superior and make them jealous.