Claude McKay via September 1919 issue of Messenger Magazine

"If we must die, let it not be like hogs,
Hunted and penned in an inglorious spot,
While round us bark the mad and hungry dogs,
Making their mock at our accursed lot.
If we must die, oh, let us nobly die
So that our precious blood may not be shed
In vain; then even the monsters we defy
Shall be constrained to honor us, though dead!
Oh, kinsman! We must meet the common foe;
Though far outnumbered, let us still be brave,
And for their thousand blows deal one death-blow!
What though before us lies the open grave?
Like men we’ll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
Pressed to the wall, dying, but - fighting back!"

Messenger Magazine was one of the best black-owned publications in U.S. history. It encouraged armed struggle and dying with dignity in a land that views us as 3/5 of a human being. Of course about 18 months later, June 1, 1921, white imperialists torched and destroyed the Greenwood District of Tulsa, Oklahoma, known as "Black Wallstreet," killing about 1,500 black children, women and men in the process; and looting millions of dollars worth of merchandise, furniture, food, jewelry, etc. The only mistake the armed brothers made there was first going to local police and volunteering to help them stop the destruction. But the cops were on the imperialists' side and killed the armed brothers before they could help their families and neighbors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7sjUmlgsI8

But the cops were on the imperialists' side and killed the armed brothers before they could help their families and neighbors.

This is one of the reasons I'm so much in favor of more AfroAmericans joining the police force at all levels of government as well as helping to write and make the laws that this society operates by.
As long as you're in a victim's POSITION you're subject to being victimized.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:26 PM, Pioneer1 said:

This is one of the reasons I'm so much in favor of more AfroAmericans joining the police force

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that. Joining the police force means you are joining their imperial forces. There is no such thing as "changing it from within." We covered the murder of a little 17-year-old white girl named Kristiana Coignard by Longview, TX cops in 2015. The kicker - the cops were BLACK and white America worships and loves those badges more than they do their own kids. They took the side of the cops. But read the rest of the story and real-life examples of how black cops are treated in that system.

https://opnateye.com/kristiana-coignard-white-cop-lovers-chose-black-police-over-white-teenaged-girl/

I have a few relatives and friends who are cops. And yes, when I was a kid, my cousin cops let me go when I was clearly drunk and driving (he drove me home). But those rare occurrences are not the norm. In fact, our statistics and outside research shows that black cops are just as likely to kill black people as white cops.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/black-cops-are-just-as-likely-as-whites-to-kill-black-suspects

Again, you're working for a slave-catcher establishment. I mean, the Washington, Missouri police department website straight up says they were founded as a slave-catching organization.

https://operation-nation.com/washington-missouri-police-departments-history-a-microcosm-of-usa/

Just like Muhammad Ali said, he would rather go to jail than fight in white imperial armies killing poor, non-white people. Military are the foreign enforcers of white supremacy. Police are the domestic enforcers of white supremacy.

Kareem

Yes sir, I'm aware of the foundations of the modern police departments of the United States and their origins as slave "patty rollers" and patrolers as well as their current official status as protectors of property and property owners.
I guess having grown up in a Black city (Detroit) and seeing so many AfroAmericans in positions of power like Mayors, judges, police officers, and lawyers, ect.....it gave me a different perspective on the police than a lot of AfroAmericans from other parts of the country.

i didn't grow up in the ghetto but in one of the many working class Black neighborhoods in Detroit so most of the police we saw WERE AfroAmerican and for the most part only got on the silly  negroes who WERE  actually committing crimes and being violent.
Not to say there were no corrupt Black cops, but that wasn't the norm.  Most of them were like "Officer Smitty" of Sanford and Son, lol.

Coleman Young who was Mayor of the city at that time FORCED a more even and balanced police department and didn't allow Caucasian officers to patrol the city by themselves.  In a sense he SHELTERED his AfroAmerican citizens from the vicious racism so many other AfroAmericans around the nation experienced.

Even the concept of AfroAmericans having a hard life and stuck in the ghetto was FOREIGN to me as a kid because I saw AfroAmericans living in the hardest slums of Detroit AS WELL as in the nicest mansions and all points in between.  It wasn't until I got old enough to start traveling myself and seeing how MOST AfroAmericans lived around the country and what they went through that things like NWA and other rappers were talking about began to make more sense.
You didn't see Black men on the street homeless or begging in Detroit when I was a kid!
I didn't see it in Chicago where we used to go.

The first time I saw that shit was in Ohio....lol.
Now you see Black men around the country homeless and begging.

As far as more AfroAmerican police officers and even more AfroAmericans in the military.........
I think that if we are in able to achieve not just the grunt positions but also the positions of POWER in these institutions.....then the good will outweigh the bad.

During the riots of the 60s a lot of dust being kicked up was coming from the AfroAmerican men with military training fresh back from Vietnam.
If they had never went into the military, they wouldn't have known what little they DID.

As long as we LIVE in this society I think it's best to seek power in it at ALL levels for our own security and survival.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I guess having grown up in a Black city (Detroit) and seeing so many AfroAmericans in positions of power like Mayors, judges, police officers

Kwame Kilpatrick ruined my modern views of Detroit. I wanted to believe he was one of US. I worked for a few automotive manufacturers in the late 2000s (content marketing) and they all had connections to Kwame. They would all get really mad at me for even mentioning his indiscretions. I've looked at it all objectively. He definitely got the "nigger treatment" vs. the Felecity Huffman treatment. But he was in fact guilty.

Most of them were like "Officer Smitty" of Sanford and Son, lol.

I grew up in an all-white town and we had "Officer Freds." When I was a senior in high school, my drunk dumb self and my drunk cousin were caught vandalizing this whiteboy's car. "Officer Fred" showed up and cuffed us. 30 minutes later, he came back from his car and said "You dealing with your parents will be far worse than anything I can do to you." The cops drove us both home with $600 tickets to pay for the vandalism. This is what I naively thought police were...until I left my fish bowl for college.

As long as we LIVE in this society I think it's best to seek power in it at ALL levels

I agree. Fact remains the Sheriff Dave Clarke's and Reverend "I Love Trump" negroes use their power against us. I'd rather build our own power organizations than try to change established racist, imperial organizations. But that's just me. The National African American Gun Organization (NAAGA) is our answer to the NRA. I started a chapter in Phoenix years ago, at least informally. Those brothers and sisters are working hard against all odds to convince us that firearms are vital to any chance of success for us.

Kareem

Indeed you experienced what we used to call "community policing" which is how it should be done.

I'm not sure what era your encounter with the officer was in, but in the 70s and early 80s in most AfroAmerican communities you had VERY respectful Caucasian and AfroAmerican police officers who did a lot of COMMUNITY policing where they would get to know the citizens of that community, found out who was doing what, who were the good guys, and who were the "bad guys".   The reason for this was because of all the riots of the 60s when niggaz got all up IN their asses and shook them to the core and MADE them act civil and respectful toward us!

Now since those riots have died down and half the population is hooked on some sort of dope  many of them have returned to their same racist disrepectful behavior.  This is one of the reasons I say that AfroAmericans should be involved in law enforcement at every level.  To keep an eye on things.  There is no way in the world I would live in a nation or even a city where the police department didn't have ANY AfroAmericans on it, there's no telling what type of wickedness they could be cooking up among themselves.
Remember "The Spook Who Sat By The Door"?

I have mixed feelings about Kwame.
I actually met in a few times and had some brief discussions with him that didn't go as well as I would have liked.  I believe he may have been guilty BUT nearly ALL of the mayors of major cities were guilty of the same things he was accused of.  The current mayor of Detroit is a Caucasian who has been accused of doing EXACTLY what Kwame was prosecuted for but to the 10th degree, and he's not even being charged.

Most politicians in the United States lie and steal and bribe people, that's how they get things done. The only difference is the Caucasians in law enforcement put the AfroAmerican politicians under a microscope and monitor them 24/7 to catch them engaged in anything illegal to have an excuse to remove them while they don't do the same with their own.

Again, another reason there should be more of us in the FBI and other investigative agencies.  Because I blame AfroAmericans in law enforcement for the harassment and incarceration of many of our AfroAmerican politicians from the local police department all the way up to the FBI.
Why aren't THEY just as organized and zealous in going after crooked Caucasian politicians as their Caucasian colleagues are with the AfroAmericans?

Also, do you have a website for your organization?
Not only should AfroAmericans have their own 2nd amendment organizations but just like the police departments and military I think they should JOIN the NRA as well....lol.
Now you say...."man hayelllllll naaaw!"
OK
Well, would you rather these institutions stay ALL WHITE?
Look at the hell they're raising WITH the few token negroes who are allowed among them.
Now, imagine if they were lily White and free to say and do what they REALLY want unbridled.
Hitler's Germany would look like elementary school in comparison.

On 9/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, Pioneer1 said:

but in the 70s and early 80s in most AfroAmerican communities you had VERY respectful Caucasian and AfroAmerican police officers

This was the case in most of the Midwest where I grew up and a lot of it has to do with perception. Most white people in the USA only know black people from what they see on TV. In the 1980s, they saw the Cosby Show, the Diff'rent Strokes, Facts of Life, The Jeffersons, Amen, etc. It even extended into the early 1990s with Family Matters, The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire, A Different World, etc.

But then NAFTA brought millions of Mexicans and African immigrants to small Midwest towns in the 1990s who took jobs that formerly paid $20/hr in 1990 (which is almost $40/hr today with inflation) for less than minimum wage. My home county lost three factories and thousands of jobs in the 1990s due to NAFTA. There were 10+ television shows with predominately black casts on regular networks in the 1980s.  By the mid-1990s, the only predominately black network sitcoms/dramas were Martin and In Living Color. Gangsta rap became mainstream, Bill Clinton gave $10 billion to private prisons to lock up anyone for five years who possessed a grain of crack cocaine...essentially black went from the Huxtables to the niggas with their pants hanging off their asses. Black America embraces this crap, and white America only saw black people that way on TV. Then of course internet became mainstream and the niggerization of black people was easy disseminated.

The current mayor of Detroit is a Caucasian who has been accused of doing EXACTLY what Kwame was prosecuted for

That's just white privilege. Nothing we can do about that. It is what it is.

Why aren't THEY just as organized and zealous in going after crooked Caucasian politicians as their Caucasian colleagues are with the AfroAmericans?

Because they are not allowed to do that. No sense in getting in a back and forth about it. But if you join a white imperial organization, you exist to enforce white imperialism. Police imperialism is what one of our sites has covered since 2007. There's no such a thing as a "good cop" because if they cross that "thin blue line," they get fired, arrested or worse.

Curt Stansbury, Ray Lewis, Shanna Lopez, Cariole Horne, Andrea Heath, Joe Crystal, Regina Tasca, Laura Schook...these are just a few names of "good cops" off the top of my head. Stansbury (Wilmington, NC) was fired for exposing corruption within his department. Tasca was fired when she jumped in to help a black kid being beaten by her COLLEAGUES. Same with Horne. You can look all these up yourself. Just four months ago, the Mesa, AZ police chief Ramon Batista was given a vote of "no confidence" by the local police union because he released tapes of Mesa cops beating a black man. I could go on forever because, again, we've been covering this stuff for over a decade.

Well, would you rather these institutions stay ALL WHITE?

Skin color doesn't matter. The uniform color does (blue). I already posted links in a previous post to several issues. NYPD black cops fear white cops when they are off-duty (Reuters). A black police chief was shot by a random whiteboy in Oklahoma. The whiteboy was not charged and the white cops on the force defended him. Again I can keep going. But this is also the reason we hardly ever publish new articles on said site. No matter how much evidence is presented, people still want to have confidence in cops and/or believe its just "the race card" or something. I'll leave it with our article that surpassed the 2 million views mark in 2017 after being shared on several websites, including Free Thought Project, Cop Block and NPR.

3 Reasons Intelligent, Rational Americans Don't Trust Police

https://opnateye.com/3-reasons-intelligent-rational-americans-dont-trust-police/

Kareem

I'm glad someone else has noticed the degradation of AfroAmerican television over the past 25 years or so.

Back in the 80s and 90s besides the sitcoms you listed, we also had a respectable list of of INTELLIGENT AfroAmerican talk shows like Arsenio Hall, Oprah, and Montel Williams.
Now they get rid of them and give us Wendy Williams.
...talk about a "freak show".

They had "Cops" in the 80s and 90s which some considered somewhat racist, but there were so many positive AfroAmerican shows on that it OFFSET the damage done by shows like Jerry Springer and Cops.
Today you have 1st Responders and Live PD which is FULL BLOWN RACIST and there aren't enough intelligent AfroAmerican programs on to offset it.

Because they are not allowed to do that. No sense in getting in a back and forth about it. But if you join a white imperial organization, you exist to enforce white imperialism. Police imperialism is what one of our sites has covered since 2007. There's no such a thing as a "good cop" because if they cross that "thin blue line," they get fired, arrested or worse.

I hear and understand exactly what you're saying my brother, yet and still.....as long as we're living in this society and don't have a police force of our own what's the alternative?

As racist and corrupt as the system may be, if it were to collapse overnight.....knowing what YOU know about many of our people it wouldn't be 72 hours before there was complete mayhem on the streets in certain areas because so many of our people haven't learned how to govern themselves peaceably and civily.

Just like you and your uncle can work in and with this system to establish justice for our people, are not atleast SOME AfroAmerican cops capable of the same?

BTW.....
To show you what kind of guy I am, here's an article I just read  today that actually bolsters YOUR argument of what happens to AfroAmerican officers who try to speak up.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/sheriff-helped-plot-his-own-deputys-killing-over-racially-offensive-tape-prosecutors-say/ar-AAHq9xj?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=TSHDHP

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm glad someone else has noticed the degradation of AfroAmerican television over the past 25 years or so.

I honestly think it was deliberate. The 1980s is/was the closest the USA will ever get to racial harmony and its because of television. The powers-that-be recognized that too and realized capitalism doesn't work unless you have people to capitalize on. "De-chattelizing" black people was a bad business move for them, so they quickly reversed course.

I never cared for Oprah. But you're right about Arsenio and Montel. In fact Arsenio's show was cancelled because he had Minister Farrakhan on as a guest, against the network's wishes. He knew he was going to get fired too, but he chose blackness over bucks. Bill Cosby also threatened to quit his show when it was at its peak in the late 1980s. Theo had "End Apartheid" posters on his bedroom walls in the show. The network ordered him to take them down. Bill Cosby told them the poster stays or I go. Guess who won that battle. Loved Bill Cosby for that.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

are not atleast SOME AfroAmerican cops capable of the same?

You're more hopeful than I am brother. Some of the worst cases of police brutality and police state murder with black victims was done by black cops. The Dymond Larae Milburn sexual assault (Texas) and the Sean Bell murder by NYPD involved black cops. I'd rather we get back to the Huey and Bobby method, and police our own communities. Cops are paid to kill and terrorize. The US Supreme Court has rued multiple times that cops have no obligation to "protect and serve." I was part of Phoenix Copwatch. We used to film cops during arrests. Man they HATED it. But we were organized and armed with knowledge and protection (Arizona is open-carry). I would bet we prevented several murders and assaults just for being there. The community loved us. Coincidentally or otherwise, one of our Copwatchers (and a good friend of mine) was killed by Mesa AZ cops. Another was framed for a crime and sent to prison for 20 years. Just is what it is.

I've been following that story in North Carolina that you posted closely, and have been in contact with a city official down there. Thanks for the update. We'll be publishing a story on it tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Kareem

Bill Cosby also threatened to quit his show when it was at its peak in the late 1980s. Theo had "End Apartheid" posters on his bedroom walls in the show. The network ordered him to take them down. Bill Cosby told them the poster stays or I go. Guess who won that battle. Loved Bill Cosby for that.

Man, in all these years I didn't hear about that one until just now.
As much as I criticize the internet, I'm glad it's available because I seem to learn something new every day.

As far as open carry states and permits, I don't understand why you need a "permit" to do what the 2nd Amendment already gives you the right to do.

Based on my LIMITED knowledge and understanding of the law, if you have the right to KEEP and BEAR something and that right SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED......that means you can own it, carry it, and if the Constitution is the highest law of the land then no one can make a law preventing otherwise.

@Pioneer1 Before I address everything else, I want to point out another black cop story. "Officer" Gerald Goines (Houston) shot and killed two white people in a raid last month. He was IMMEDIATELY charged with murder.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/houston-police-officer-gerald-goines-charged-counts-murder/story?id=65165276

I don't want to keep beating this horse. But I think its foolish for black people to join these imperial gangs. We all know if Goines was white, he would be sitting at home on paid vacation. Is what it is.

You don't need a permit in Arizona to open-carry. In fact you don't even need a permit to conceal-carry in AZ. I don't even bother with their little "2nd Amendment." I own several firearms and never had a background check. All private sales, which is legal in Arizona. You and I both know laws in the USA are fickle at best. Further all so-called "gun control" has ALWAYS been about keeping guns away from black people.

California was an open-carry state until 1967 when former GOP god before Trump, Ronald Reagan, signed the Mulford Act into law as governor, banning open carry. He had the full backing of the NRA. He did so specifically to disarm the Black Panther Party of Self-Defense and stop their armed Copwatch patrol and stop them from walking around with their guns. In other words, white people will sacrifice their precious "2nd Amendment" laws allowing open carry to ensure black people ONLY use firearms to kill each other; not for protecting themselves against imperial government.

• Thanks 1

Kareem

California was an open-carry state until 1967 when former GOP god before Trump, Ronald Reagan, signed the Mulford Act into law as governor, banning open carry. He had the full backing of the NRA. He did so specifically to disarm the Black Panther Party of Self-Defense and stop their armed Copwatch patrol and stop them from walking around with their guns.

On top of what you said, it's also my understanding that what really pushed him for this action was the Panthers storming the California legislative assembly.

Image result for black panthers california state house

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2019 at 6:10 AM, Pioneer1 said:

On top of what you said, it's also my understanding that what really pushed him for this action was the Panthers storming the California legislative assembly.

I just got a near-mint condition 9mm Uzi pistol over the weekend. Funny how Nino Brown's Cash Money Brothers are the ones who kept me in search of one of these over all these years.

And as Nino said, "ain't no Uzis made in Harlem." His speech in court at the end actually had a lot of truth to it.

Back to the Panthers. Yeah it was definitely a lead-up event to the Mulford Act when they stormed that government meeting. Loved the moxie by the brothers regardless. That took balls of steel. I believe a few of them went to jail for a while over that. Soon after Mulford; Oakland, LA, and other black areas in California suddenly had gun surpluses in the hood. All of a sudden, when these black gangs came about in the 1970s, guns were all of a sudden ubiquitous in black communities.

White people only want certain types of black men to have guns - black cops, black military, and gang members killing other black people. I really don't see the point in getting their little licenses and permit. How many licensed black gun owners have we seen in the last 3-4 years get shot and killed by cops simply for owning guns?

On 9/22/2019 at 4:06 PM, Troy said:

NRA actually backed that huh? Deep.

Both Reagan and the NRA became stars at that moment too. White people weren't cheering the law itself. They were happy that organized, armed brothers were disarmed by the government. Its why Reagan was so beloved by so many. There was actually a political party called Reagan Democrats when he was President.

It was a strategic move by the NRA. Prior to the 1960s, the NRA wasn't the hard right organization it became and is today. The NRA affirmed with their support of the Mulford Act, that they are for white people (conservatives) and by white people. Republicans knew California was morphing into liberal central anyway. The law was inevitably going to happen sooner or later. They made California white liberals happy too. It was proactive and clever. The Mulford Act fired up and appeased both white California conservatives and white California liberals...and produced a President.