Required Listening: A Clear Explanation of Amazon's Dominance and Why it Matters

In reaction to my article about I no longer send readers to Amazon's website, someone sent me this interview. Here Stacy Mitchell explains, in layman's terms how, Amazon became so dominant and how they are adversely impacting our society.

I believe as long as people perceive they are getting inexpensive goods easily and quickly, Amazon's dominance will only grow. The ultimate damage will be incalculable.

Our politicians have utterly failed us on this one.  Unfortunately give the ease at which consumers are manipulated, the government is the only entity that can stop Amazon.

Troy

Our politicians have utterly failed us on this one

In order for politicians "fail" us, their GOAL would have to had to involve us in the first place....which I don't believe was the case.

I believe the goal of most politicians were/are to help and do the bidding for Amazon, big pharma, and other major corporations and institutions.
As long as they have achieved that goal they have not failed, nor have thei failed us because we weren't the goal anyway.

I think expecting or even believing that this current government can or will stop Amazon will only take you further down the rabbit hole.
Don't even expect them to.

Hell, the government is the reason they even EXIST in the first place because the government enabled them to grow to "too big to fail" status.

Only the PEOPLE collectively can (if they choose....because many of them have no desire to) stop these mega corporations.

Maybe I think too much of humanity @Pioneer1 but I don't think any politician gets into politics to hurt people or the country.  Some really do want to make a difference others, perhaps most, are in it for self-aggrandizement, wealth, power, fame.  Any benefit, or harm, to people is incidental and only of interest which people start to bitch. 

The motivation of the politicians is important because they are the only entity that can stop Amazon.

Sure people can stop Amazon but to do so outside the political process would require a complete boycott or violence.  I'd put my money on government action.