My 10 Favorite Black-Owned Bookstores

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry I missed your emails @Maurice I probably did not recognize it as coming from you.

All of the stores in NYC are small. The Schomburg's store is park of the iconic research library. It would be good if you catch an event there. Revolution is just down the street so both can be easily visited together. Revolution is focused on Markist and or communist literature (don't quote me on the focus but they are a niche bookstore) they have hosted events featuring Walter Mosley and Cornel west. Sisters Uptown is across town. You can walk, but is a hike: a ride sharing service is probably the easiest way to get there. If Janfer is there tell her Troy from AALBC sent ya 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Troy said:

Sorry I missed your emails @Maurice I probably did not recognize it as coming from you.

All of the stores in NYC are small. The Schomburg's store is park of the iconic research library. It would be good if you catch an event there. Revolution is just down the street so both can be easily visited together. Revolution is focused on Markist and or communist literature (don't quote me on the focus but they are a niche bookstore) they have hosted events featuring Walter Mosley and Cornel west. Sisters Uptown is across town. You can walk, but is a hike: a ride sharing service is probably the easiest way to get there. If Janfer is there tell her Troy from AALBC sent ya 🙂

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I hope to make Sisters but will definetly visit the other two that I mentioned.