Looking for New Releases by Indie Authors

Dear Indie Authors, 

Word Lovers Book Club is publishing its last issue for the 2019 and want to promote your book! A few authors thought this was too good to be true, but it is good and true. Part of our mission is to help promote indie authors free of charge. Email us at wordloversbookclub@gmail.com. Send us an image of  your book and your website address. 

Guest Christie Sever

Would it surprise you to learn that every American 12-year-old I’ve asked, does not know what the term “apartheid” means?

As I made author presentations to middle-schoolers about my first historical fiction book, I questioned the students about their familiarity with apartheid.  Their innocent ignorance of the topic of apartheid inspired me to write my second book.

“The Magic March” follows the adventures of all-American twins, Izzy and Joe, who time-travel to South Africa in 1976.  Joe has waited until the last minute to write a school report on Nelson Mandela, and plans to interview him in person.  The twins have many adventures with wild animals before finding their way to Johannesburg to meet Mandela.  An older boy from Soweto befriends them as they learn about life under apartheid.  They take part in the youth protest of June 16, 1976. 

51UDE4ZbjpL.jpg

For more information, please visit my website, childrenoftheworldbooks.wordpress.com

Thanks!

Christie Sever

• 4 weeks later...

@Troy, yes, it's a publication. It's linked to http://taniscawilson.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Knowing-Why-Education-Matters.pdf

My apologies for the delayed response. 

On 12/31/2019 at 11:33 AM, Guest Christie Sever said:

Would it surprise you to learn that every American 12-year-old I’ve asked, does not know what the term “apartheid” means?

As I made author presentations to middle-schoolers about my first historical fiction book, I questioned the students about their familiarity with apartheid.  Their innocent ignorance of the topic of apartheid inspired me to write my second book.

“The Magic March” follows the adventures of all-American twins, Izzy and Joe, who time-travel to South Africa in 1976.  Joe has waited until the last minute to write a school report on Nelson Mandela, and plans to interview him in person.  The twins have many adventures with wild animals before finding their way to Johannesburg to meet Mandela.  An older boy from Soweto befriends them as they learn about life under apartheid.  They take part in the youth protest of June 16, 1976. 

51UDE4ZbjpL.jpg

For more information, please visit my website, childrenoftheworldbooks.wordpress.com

Thanks!

Christie Sever

Hi Christie, 

We got it--thanks for sending. 

• Like 1