Barack Obama Didn't Do a Darn Thing For Black People

“Barack Obama Didn’t Do a Darn Thing For Black People.” —Dr. Claud Anderson

Cornel West expressed this sentiment throughout Obama’s Presidency despite aggressively campaigning for Obama. Black folks vilified West for his unrelenting critique of Obama.  I wonder how history will record Obama's presidency vis-a-vis Black Americans.

You can watch the complete interview here.

This was one of the responses posted on twitter.  I read an article that Black people are disproportionately represented on twitter.  That is too bad.

This generated even more conversation on Facebook.  Interestingly, the reaction was overwhelmingly in favor of Obama.  Here was one comment, "People are always wanting somebody to do something for them do for your damn self!" 9 others loved or liked the comment  The problem with the reaction to Anderson comment is that doing for self is exactly what Anderson preaches. But the writer is clearly just reacting to the statement, "Barack Obama Didn't Do a Darn Thing For Black People" which is the problem with social.  It is easy to react to something out of context without digging deeper  

I don't know if this is a result of the Facebook filter bubble of if Black folks know to keep their mouths shut when it come to saying anything sideways about Obama -- it worse than saying you're a Trump supporter 🙂

“Barack Obama Didn’t Do a Darn Thing For Black People.” —Dr. Claud Anderson: What do you think?

Posted by AALBC.com on Thursday, January 2, 2020

I'm not sure what I need to do to get people to engage on this site; 65 people have visited this post in the last hour, but no one has commented. 

In the past hour 191 people on Facebook have followed the link, commented, shared, or liked/loved a comment.  On twitter the engagement was far less 106 Impressions, 2 and 1 of each of the following (Replies, Retweets, Likes, and Detail expands). 

Both platforms are prompting me to pay to promote the posts.  I don't paid to promote on social anymore -- I'm sure they hold back on showing my posts to my followers, holding my posts hostage, in an effort to bribe me to pay so that more of my followers can see the links I've shared...

18 hours ago, Troy said:

I wonder how history will record Obama's presidency vis-a-vis Black Americans.

I am pessimistic about this thought.

I don't really think it matters now, what Black Americans think about his 8-year of indoctrinating us into being the facebook 

for homosexual-pedo culture. And because of the overwhelming vote -- to vote on the basis of COLORISM-- now we are 

hit with this Trump mess.

We should have never been convinced to vote for a 'COLORED MAN' to represent all that being African descent includes.

What a trick.

We should have petitioned for issues that support Black American issues, and not vote for 'an idol' to put forth these issues.

I've heard it said or reported that 90% of the Chruch voted for him, but -- what a contradiction. 

With one sweep, Obama convinced the Black Church to abandon their faith in exchange for him.

I am a believer in 'the kingdom' form of government and not a Matriarchal format, and therefore, this kind of system

absolutely strikes against THE PRIESTHOOD form of government-- that is why HOMOSEXUALITY is a must!

I do not agree. But now that is how the Black Church voted, so -- oh well, -- The scriptures define the government of the Church,

and the Church cannot change the scriptures. 

THE PRIESTHOOD COMES FIRST. No matter, the scriptures also say too, that there must be a great falling away before the end times can happen.

I don't hate president Obama -former president Obama, but I loathe his beliefs on homosexuality, because for Blacks, it starts with pedophilia, historically.

I admire his passion to help Black people, but his position is all wrong when he struck down the priesthood.

@Delano this post, despite the engagement does not help AALBC at all. The whole benefit goes to Facebook, because as of this morning only 37 people visited this link from Facebook and none of the visitors commented here.  As of this morning only 39 people watched the youtube video clip.  Essentially all of the engagement benefited facebook.  Again, this is why I believe Facebook should compensated people who create the engagement on their platform

I may have also harmed by brand; one of the commenters said that they almost unfollowed the site.  I thought about replying, but decided against it.  If someone would consider rejecting everything that I have done, because I shared a quote from one person, that they disagreed with, that person should not be following AALBC anyway.

I read more of the comments.  Someone wrote where were are all of Obama's critics like West and Smiley, why are they not criticizing Trump?  People liked the statement?  Tavis basically lost his platform and West has as been hyper-critical of Trump to suggest that West was only critical of Obama is just stupid and ignorant.

Nowadays, I share a couple of links per week on Facebook.  Facebook does not give those posts much visibility.  It is funny Facebook showed this post 10 times more than my average post (see chart below).  Facebook knew this post would stoke an emotional reaction encouraging engagement on their website, so they showed it to more people. 

You see the problem with the way Facebook works? 

1. Content producers see the nature of the of the posts that get the most engagement, then they create more content like it.  Over time social media becomes biased to toward content like this.
  2. Not one person agreed with Anderson's quote or was even sympathetic to it. This creates the impression that all of my followers are rabid Obama worshipers.  Anyone familiar with just discussion forum knows some people, including myself, has been critical of Obama.
  3. People make demonstrably false statements about Anderson, then others react to the false statements as if they were true, which makes the lie true -- this is how fake news is born
  4. No one probed deeper in the the statement or tried to understand why it was made. Facebook makes it easy not to do this

facebook-engagement.jpg

The wisdom of the crowd!

It's fleeting still though.

We are existing in a moment and facebook will not be leading in the future, so for me, following the crowd who tends to

believe in lies is completely fruitless.

I look for truth. I listen critically to whatever comes up on the table though, but if it has no weight, I don't waste time

delving into it.

Right now, even though I will continue to absorb information from Black forums, I know that Massa is always looking so, 

I contribute, but I am not naive on that score. Therefore, I have started to gear up to writing a book myself and publish

some of my research, especially on my family background which seems interesting to me.

I saw a White 'write up' on my Great grandmother, because it turns out that she was also his Great grandmother.

This guy, upholds the Confederate pathway and uphold the rebel flag. He wrote that my Great grandmother was

an adult when she gave birth to an half-white son, however, due to my relatives who are still living, I realize that this

was a complete lie. 

My aunt lived to know my Great-grandmother and was about 10 years old when she was still living and lived for more years

beyond that time. So, the White guy wrote that his White-great grandfather fell in love with my Great grandmother.

He wrote that he was indeed a slaveholder who was married to his White wife and had five children, and he admitted that my 

Great-grandmother and also, his, was indeed Black. However, he also tried to script her to be from Free Blacks living in the Deep South

at this time too. 

Now, based on my aunt and other relatives, how can the White man, slaver, fall in love with a 12 year old child!?

My relatives said she came off of the slave ship when she was 'a baby' and my research turned up the very slave port that she

came through. But what this White rebel flag guy doesn't realize is that the very Free BLacks he attempts to script her to be from, is also my father side of the

family. My father and uncles tell me the exact same story, that he wrote about the Free Blacks and took me to the very land, these Free Blacks

owned and still today own!!! So yeah, I am thinking about writing my own book. I am not flattered by Facebook and all of the other

people exploiting subjects in order to thrive. But I hope that Black business will still fight back though.  

@Chevdove There is no correlation between black people going to church and blacks voting for Obama (not that there's anything wrong with going to church!). 95% of blacks voted for Obama in 2012 (about the same in 2008), yet less than half of black people go to church weekly. I understand it's sexy to blame the black church for everything one dislikes about black people or our decision-making, but the facts usually prove religion-haters wrong.

6 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

There is no correlation between black people going to church and blacks voting for Obama (not that there's anything wrong with going to church!). 95% of blacks voted for Obama in 2012 (about the same in 2008),

I understand it's sexy to blame the black church for everything one dislikes about black people or our decision-making, but the facts usually prove religion-haters wrong.

Okay, thank you FAS.

yet less than half of black people go to church weekly.

Yes, this seems to be true, too.

I understand it's sexy to blame the black church for everything one dislikes about black people or our decision-making, but the facts usually prove religion-haters wrong.

I absolutely believe in Church and I believe that there will always be a core Church and believers in God. 

Again thank you FAS.

5 hours ago, Kareem said:

This quote from Dr. Claud has low engagement because it isn't very profound. Like @Delano alluded to, anyone with critical thinking skills knows that Obama doesn't care about black people.

To be clear, my point was that Anderson's quote got a high level of engagement. Further, no one agreed with Claud's quote many disagreeing with it with it quite strongly --even getting on me for sharing the opinion.

You may like this video I took of Michael Eric Dyson being harshly critical of Obama. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:16 PM, Troy said:

Further, no one agreed with Claud's quote many disagreeing with it with it quite strongly --even getting on me for sharing the opinion.

This phenomenon is so sad to me. Granted all of us got out and voted for Obama in 2008 purely for the symbolism and his lying (telling us what we wanted to hear) during the campaign. But any black person that still defends this guy (other than from baseless white supremacist attacks) is so easily manipulated and lost. Obama did far more damage to black people than Trump and George W. Bush combined. It is Obama who turned black America into a fruit loop, emasculated, white liberal echo chamber. Quite sad.

The only thing Obama did for Black people was provide an example or role model for AfroAmerican youth to aspire to should they decide to go into politics.

Oh, don't get me wrong!
He...himself....didn't do shit for us, but his simply being in office and holding the position (as token and symbolic as it was) still projected the IMAGE of AfroAmerican intelligence and respect.

He didn't make AfroAmerican men look strong, but atleast he didn't make us look stupid or buffoonish either....lol.....na'mean?

Now a days if a brother just don't come on television in a damn DRESS, with blond hair, snapping and going on....or tossing up gang signs and rolling blunts while avoiding his probation officer......as far as I'm concern he's a good role model for yo' ass.

On 1/15/2020 at 4:46 PM, Pioneer1 said:

The only thing Obama did for Black people was provide an example or role model for AfroAmerican youth to aspire to should they decide to go into politics.

100% true. But damn. Can't we demand more? I defended Obama for eight years from baseless racist attacks. Now I don't give a damn. Everyone kind of knows who and what he is now.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:16 PM, Troy said:

You may like this video I took of Michael Eric Dyson being harshly critical of Obama.

I'm no fan of Dyson. His collective body of work shows his first allegiance is to white liberals. But yes, he was constructively critical of Obama in this video, which is much appreciated since he actually has a platform.

Kareem

Can't we demand more ?

To simply answer your question......YES.
And we should.
The problem with demanding more is as a group AfroAmericans/ADOS don't have a standard master list of demands to hold those accountable to.

I'm no fan of Dyson. His collective body of work shows his first allegiance is to white liberals. But yes, he was constructively critical of Obama in this video, which is much appreciated since he actually has a platform.

Tavis Smiley and Cornel West were also pretty critical of Obama both before AND during his tenure as President.

nels

I came to the research-driven conclusion that he was aloof and incompetent, with absolutely no hope of redemption.

"incompetent" or merely indifferent and inconsiderate?

It seems to me that Obama managed to accomplish what he WANTED to accomplish, and if he left office not having done a "darn" thing for Black people....the logic would follow that it was because he DIDN'T WANT to.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:28 PM, Pioneer1 said:

It seems to me that Obama managed to accomplish what he WANTED to accomplish, and if he left office not having done a "darn" thing for Black people....

The strategic use of black people by white imperialists to commence detrimental agendas is simply slavery. White imperial society knows our minds, bodies and souls like no other people on Earth. They have literally raped us, cut us open while alive for their fun torture entertainment, burned us alive, etc. They know our reactions to literally any and all imaginable human torture and manipulation. Obama introduced this homophile agenda because his Euro-Zionist masters knew it would work, and ordered him to do it.

That alone, in my view, makes Obama just as evil as Adolph Hitler, who also was a tool of Zionists. Obama and his top lieutenants, Oprah and Tyler Perry, are killing black people in the most deliberate, evil manner. Damage is irreversible now too.

How have black people stayed at only around 13% of the US population since the 1970s? No growth at all, yet ni**as are out here with 5-6 kids. I think the United States deliberately lowers the black population numbers. If black people knew we were in the 20-25% range of the US population, which may very well be accurate right now, that may give us the "devious" idea of uniting and voting for our true politics. They don't want us to know that we're still multiplying and growing despite their deliberate, wanton agenda to kill us - cops killing us, dumb nigro stuff in hoods, Planned Parenthood, school-to-prison pipeline, AIDS, etc.

The homo agenda is Obama's mad scientist way of making black people voluntarily eliminate themselves from the planet. Obama will be forever lionized and protected in white supremacist society because he did his masters a huge solid. Killing Gaddafi helped Obama's rep among his masters even more.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:28 PM, Pioneer1 said:

the logic would follow that it was because he DIDN'T WANT to.

He did exactly what he wanted to do to black people.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 6:50 PM, Kareem said:

This quote from Dr. Claud has low engagement because it isn't very profound. Like @Delano alluded to, anyone with critical thinking skills knows that Obama doesn't care about black people. Obama and his wife showed their true colors six months into his first term as president.

@Kareem I do remember the media coverage of this story a little and thank you for refresing my memory.

This outline is so profound. 

I did not follow everything, but after I heard the negativity that came from the public, therefore, I became so upset that I refused to watch anymore reports.

Now, I look at how they went after Former President Obama and, it is just as bad as I thought.

Then, after they went after him in that fashion, it seems as if you can see and feel the laughter and mockery.

They clearly showed that he was selected, NOT VOTED, but selected to be a puppet president. smh.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:16 AM, Troy said:

To be clear, my point was that Anderson's quote got a high level of engagement. Further, no one agreed with Claud's quote many disagreeing with it with it quite strongly --even getting on me for sharing the opinion.

@Troy I was finally able to watch most of the video and it was really good. I liked it.

I also didn't realize that Bill Cosby was degrading Black people to that great degree! I knew that he did though, but now, I have heard it more and more.

I also agree with what Dyson said about accountability. I think he said that when Black people did not hold former president Obama accountable for his actions then, 

it kind of was a set up for the future leaders in how they would regard us.

My only probkem with Dyson is that he was not nearly as vocal when Obama was in office. Cornel West was consistently critical once Obama revealed he was not going do anything specifically for Black people would contnue the war mongering, and uplift the wealthy at the expense of the poor.  West was crucified by Black people for this.

Obama was beyond sacrosanct; it was like the imagery of his presidency as the first Black (or half Black man) was more important than than any of the issues plaguing Black people in America.

No, I'm not aware of anything he did specifically for Black people other than allow us to tick the box to saying Black president... check.

Obama was the president of "all people;" this is the most common refrain of his uncritical supporters. Obama, like every other president, save Kennedy and Lincoln who both got their heads blown off, was the president of the plutocracy. 

It is not Obama's fault he, like 45, is a product of American's "peculiar" form of government.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Troy said:

Obama was beyond sacrosanct; it was like the imagery of his presidency as the first Black (or half Black man) was more important than than any of the issues plaguing Black people in America.

@Troy Yes, I agree. Well said.

I do believe, that he wanted to help Black people in America, though, but just like that clip that @Kareem posted, he would have been viciously and constantly attacked by White American racist people if he did anything that made him seem like 'a civil rights' president. 

Just like Dyson said, Obama 'inadvertently made them uncomfortable, but he did not challenge them on certain issues. I don't thing though, that he did not have 

the courage though, however, he would have been attacked viciously, and he felt that.

Also, I wonder if many Black Americans realize that Obama is HEBREW ISRAELITE?

His father is from KENYA, and there are many tribes over there in Kenya and the Horn that are the Original Israelites.

Some of what I write is in websites including Wikipedia and etc. 

Because my ancestor was stolen from that region, I have done a lot of research and I believe that Obama 

was pre-selected for this specific reason and therefore, I don't believe that Black Americans really know the whole

issue with what has just transpired in this world with voting in a Hebrew Israelite/African president that 

legalized homosexuality.

I think we are in for 'a calm before the storm' so-to-speak.

Those African people over there are really divided on many issues over there.

It really bothers me when I see Black people attack President Barack Obama because they think he didn’t do anything for Black America.

President Obama was hamstrung by the political processes that govern our reality. He needed to get Congress on board for everything he wanted done. But here is what Obama managed to get done for our people:

1)  His biggest achievement was definitely his ability to deliver healthcare insurance to 22 million Americans who didn't have it. That helped Black people immensely.

2)   And he managed to stop a terrible recession, saving the country from a deep Depression. By doing this, he also saved most of Black America.

3)  He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act which ushered in equal pay for women which helped our Black women workers.

4)  Obama launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential.

5)  He put Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice. Justice Sotomayer sides with Blacks on social issues.

6)  Obama saved U.S. automakers that employ thousands of Black Middle Class workers who would have lost their jobs when their companies failed.

7)  He signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act, which forced financiers and banks to clearly identify their fees for credit cards. This saved everyone millions of dollars. This helped Blacks, too.

😎  Obama improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act. You know damn well this helped Black school children.

9)  He signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification. It’s not Obama’s fault that jurisdictions refuse to honor this law and allow many racists and homophobes to get away with their crimes.

10)  Obama tried to get Congress to address the inequities in our criminal justice system. Republicans in Congress ignored him.

11)  He tried to push through his jobs bill which would have gainfully employed millions, including many Blacks. Republicans blocked this initiative.

12) The Obama administration financed a pilot police body camera program in many city police departments. The result was that complaints of police brutality went down about 60% in some cities. The Obama administration put $75 million towards the program.

This is what Obama did for Black people. But that does seem to satisfy those  who believe he should have done something to make their personal lives better.

Well, get this: Obama tried to make everyone’s lives better, not just those of Black people. Because that’s what Obama was elected to do: To be President of these United States, not Black America.

I think most of the discontent directed towards Obama is because too many expected America's first Black President to fix all the ills of Black America. Only Black people can do that. What did anyone expect Obama to do:

1) Cure the insipid hatred of inner city gangs who relish gunning each other down?

2) Make every Black parent care deeply about the education their children are receiving?

3) Instill a work ethic in every single Black male and female adult? Because not everyone has it.

4) Make every Black person stop getting high or drunk?

5) Magically make White Congressmen actually care about America's Black citizens?

6) Make the jealousy and envy many Blacks have for each other disappear?

Seriously, what did you people expect Obama to do?

Open a chicken place on every block? Raise welfare payouts to match that of middle class salaries? Give every person who wants one, a brand new car?

Or did you expect him to be able to:

Stop cops from killing our innocent and unarmed?

Wrestle more money for our communities from racist White state governors?

Force every company and corporation to hire any Black who wants to work?

Make all the illegal guns floating around our hoods turn return to their factories?

What Black people need to accept is that 40% of eligible voters sat on their rear ends during the 2016 election. The reasons are varied. 

So, now ask yourselves. Are you happy with Trump?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

President Obama was hamstrung by the political processes that govern our reality.

Yes, I agree. But, it was not like we didn't know this, or we should have realized that this would happen.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

But here is what Obama managed to get done for our people:

1)  His biggest achievement was definitely his ability to deliver healthcare insurance to 22 million Americans who didn't have it. That helped Black people immensely.

Oh no, it didn't. I don't understand how Black people couldn't see what was going to happen with this one. I believe that the Baby Boomers are not harmed by this HEALTHCARE-TAX LAW. But I suspect now, many Black people are quiet because they are flooded with tax problems due to this law.

I don't believe Baby boomers understnad what happened because they are not the one really crushed, but it is the X-generation and the millennials that became dropped.

Okay, so, for me, it went like this;

If you did not clear a certain salaray range, to at least make about $16,000/year you DID NOT QUALIFY for the tax break for a cheap healthcare program nor could ou qualify for the Health Marketplace program. So, you would be charged about $1,600 EVERY MONTH!-- unless you bought an healthcare program which would have been very high!

If you did not buy healthcare, then come tax file season, your taxes were seized and you would owe IRS and this is probably going on for years.

So, let's talke about me, as an example. I graduated from college with a degree in Biology/Secondary Education. I passed NTE--National Teacher's Examination above average. I worked in my field of sciences until I was married and had children and this interupted me. Then, I was pursued by the 

government to pay back college loans so, I was pressed to work and leave my children with babysitters. Soon, I lost jobs for reasons due the care of my children. Soon Obamacare becomes a FEDERAL LAW and I now, am struggling to make the income to NOT be charged $1,600 every month...

I escaped this horrible fate because of following my faith. I didn not abandoned my children and go back to work a paycheck to paycheck existence salary.

I made a sacrifice for my children and supported my husband. So, my children did better at school than me, and helped me escape that terrible 

HEALTHCARE-TAX LAW until Trump's cabinet shot it down.

So, for the past years, I have not been able to get adequate healthcare at all!... That's another problem!

As of 2019, if you did abide by Obamacare, up to 2018 before it was knocked down, now, you then qualify to be comepletely EXEMPT from the fines of having to pay @1,600 every month because you don't make a high enough salary. If you don't make enough, now, you do NOT have to pay that high penalty. 

So for the past years, many millennials who had to work 2-3 jobs to care for their young kids and make enough to avoid that penalty, and as a result, drop their kids off at babysitters they probably could not afford, or drop their kids off at school and had them wait until nighttimge to be picked up, are sacked.

For the X-generationals who had to help their adult kids while working low-paying jobs to avoid the tax penalty, their lives won't get better and they probably will owe taxes for a long, long time.  I don't think baby boomers know what is going on.

I agree that Obama tried to help us, but he did not. It is worse now.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Because that’s what Obama was elected to do: To be President of these United States, not Black America.

In this, Black America should have NOT supported a 'Black' president. As you say, under this system, whether it's a black man or white, they cannot go against a government that was set up to suppress Blacks. 

This is a bait and switch system. It set up on religion, all the while having chattel slavery, and then switch over to election,

in order to keep chattel slavery.

• Thanks 1

The premise of the thread is that President Barack Obama did nothing for Black people. I responded with ample evidence that such a belief is patently false.

You expressed an issue with only one of Obama’s programs, the Affordable Care Act. You remain miffed because over the extra money some had to lay out because of refusing to purchase health insurance. While some complained loudly about this, it is their fault. It is also selfish.

Why should any Community be forced to undertake the monetary responsibility of those who don’t heed health warnings and become seriously ill? Ever been on public transit and have to sit or stand next to someone who is coughing all over the place? Has open sores? You know darn well there's a risk of getting ill.

People who are sick should stay home. But few have that luxury. The best option is not to get sick. Health insurance helps. Those who can pay for it should obtain it. If there is a program which allows them to do so and they do not avail themselves of it, then they should be penalized because when they become ill, they put everyone else at risk.

I am not going to debate the merits of ignoring vaccinations or engaging in undisciplined behavior. To do both is foolhardy in this era of rampant viruses and diseases. The Coronavirus is likely to kill thousands before researchers can offer an effective treatment or a vaccine. If you do not want this virus, you will be have to be vaccinated. Millions will not be able to afford it.

By refusing to purchase health insurance, you are transferring your personal fiscal responsibility on others. And I completely disagree with that. You need to pay your own health costs.

You are fortunate that you have a family who loves you. Millions do not.

Obama is no longer President. We now have an ignorant, boastful racist who thinks nothing if millions of poor, disabled or elderly die. That is the result of too many Americans being selfish.

his is what Obama did for Black people. But that does seem to satisfy those  who believe he should have done something to make their personal lives better.

------------------

Everything you said prior to the above quote, brother, I agree with wholeheartedly. I would, in fact, add the Black Farmers settlement. Unfortunately everything you wrote other than the above, I take umbrage with.

I think most of the discontent directed towards Obama is because too many expected America's first Black President to fix all the ills of Black America. Only Black people can do that. What did anyone expect Obama to do:

1) Cure the insipid hatred of inner city gangs who relish gunning each other down?

I no more expected him to cure inner city  (code name for black) gangs of gunning down each other than I expected him to cure white America of White on White violence (86% of blacks are killed by other blacks; 80% of whites are killed by other whites). Murder is an affinity crime.

2) Make every Black parent care deeply about the education their children are receiving?

How about EVERY white parent caring deeply or otherwise about the education their children are receiving? If you disagree, please give us your source for white parents caring more about their children's education than blacks.... whose (black) children are relegated/segregated to/in schools where the administrations rarely believe in their potential and oft-times couldn't care less whether they learn and succeed.

3) Instill a work ethic in every single Black male and female adult? Because not everyone has it.

Surely you're not postulating that every single WHITE male and female adult has a work ethic? If so, to give an example, why are foreign cars ALWAYS rated better made than white American ones?

4) Make every Black person stop getting high or drunk?

86% of all potheads live in the suburbs; only 14% (black, white AND other) live in cities, inner AND outter. The statistics are there, as in for every black person that gets a DUI, SEVEN (7) whites get one. And remember, if you get pulled over for driving while BLACK, pretty much every intoxicated black person will get a ticket. White people, especially pretty white girls, get a pass from the cops ALL THE TIME. In short, or maybe in actuality, that figure should prolly be 10 whites are pulled over for DUI, while 3 get to skate. NO blacks get to skate.

5) Magically make White Congressmen actually care about America's Black citizens?

I find it hard to believe any black person with a 5th grade education actually believed that. Or voted for Obama for white congress people to 'care' about them.

6) Make the jealousy and envy many Blacks have for each other disappear?

Only if he could have made the jealousy and envy many whites have for each disappear. Those pathetic "many" you speak of are a part of the human condition. Might as well have said "petty" or "vindictive." Negative characteristics are not exclusive to black people.

Seriously, what did you people expect Obama to do?

Open a chicken place on every block? Raise welfare payouts to match that of middle class salaries? Give every person who wants one, a brand new car?

This is just insulting. If a white person had written the above, everyone would be on his case calling him or her every kind of racist.

Or did you expect him to be able to:

Stop cops from killing our innocent and unarmed?

If I recall right (and I may be wrong), the blatant 'white cops and N word' game didn't ramp up until AFTER he was elected in 2008 (in response to black man DARING to reach for the brass ring -- and catch it?). So I doubt many expected that.

Wrestle more money for our communities from racist White state governors?

Now you're stretching. Presidents don't go from state to state "wrestling" money from governors. It would foolish. Like the Congress, State legislations are where state funds lie.

Force every company and corporation to hire any Black who wants to work?

You're past stretching. The word EVERY is the tip-off.

Make all the illegal guns floating around our hoods turn return to their factories?

Well, we have it better than the white folk with their "legal" weapons, turning them on white children at least 10 times last year (white on white crime, remember?). And they don't do drive-bys that net 1 or 2 homicides; they HANG AROUND and blast as many pre-schoolers as their magazines will hold.

What Black people need to accept is that 40% of eligible voters sat on their rear ends during the 2016 election. The reasons are varied. 

Black people do not make up 40% of the vote (we're only 13% of the country), so the above is kinda moot. Unless, you're suggesting blacks do a door-to-door 'get out the vote' initiative in the white community where 40% of their people didn't bother to vote.

So, now ask yourselves. Are you happy with Trump?

Don't get the relevance of the Trump question?

On 1/31/2020 at 7:02 PM, Stefan said:

Are you happy with Trump?

"Happy?" No, but I'm not losing any sleep over his presidency. 

Yeah, I heard most of these points before. Any of them that start with, "He tried..." can be ignored. @Chevdove'Chevdove's explaination of affordable health care hopefully helps you understand the impact of it. The reality is that the mandate and lack of a public option proved to be a windfall for private insurers.

The deep depression you give Obama credit for averting was just another windfall for banks as they destroyed a tremendous amount of wealth for poor and middle class people with crooked schemes. These same banks were then bailed out while millions of home owners lost their homes.

In any case, the accomplishments you attribute to Obama don't explain the pain many Black Americans are experiencing. 

The current president can boast even better accomplishments including a booming economy and record unemployment. This is all spin and rhetoric which hides profound problems with this country particularly as it pertains to Black people.

@Stefan everything you after and in including "1) Cure the insipid hatred of inner city gangs who relish gunning each other down?" is callus, nonsensical, sterotypical, victim blaming. Blaming the treatment of Black Americans themselves ignores centuries of oppression. Guest FAS adequately addressed those points.

Obviously you are doing well, and I'm glad for you. Thanks for sharing you ideas here. The perspective is illuminating. Hopefully you'll get something out of the exchange that will inform your position.

Reading most 2016 election post-analyses, the consensus was that 40% of all eligible Black voters sat home. I am well aware that the Black population amounts to only 13% of the U.S. population.

But many Blacks refused to vote or threw away their ballots by choosing to support third party candidates who had no chance of winning. By doing this, they doomed millions of poor, elderly, disabled and young people.

When I predicted this would happen in the weeks before the election, Bernie Sanders guffawed and said I was overreacting. I was not. This has been the dream of hateful Republicans: To completely destroy the country’s Safety Net in the belief those who are sick, poor or less educated have no business breathing.

Voting is one of the most viable weapons Black people can wield to effect change in our representatives.We will never know how many Blacks and those who believed in us lost their lives, were horrendously beaten or lost their livelihoods for siding with us in our long quest to win The Vote.

I believe one of the biggest disappointments for all Blacks is the continuing failure to obtain reparations. But again, this is not Obama’s fault. If anyone had been paying attention, Sen. Mitch McConnell has been making sport of blocking Obama’s initiatives for two years. Including a Supreme Court pick. Reparations was a non-starter.

Troy,

I'm a Senior and I'm not rich.

I understand the financial dilemma of those who refused to obtain healthcare.  My point stands.  Why should someone else pay their medical costs??

Edited by Stefan
spacing and to add a point.

10 hours ago, Stefan said:

Reading most 2016 election post-analyses, the consensus was that 40% of all eligible Black voters sat home. I am well aware that the Black population amounts to only 13% of the U.S. population.

Voter turnout was estimated to be 55.3% of the voting age population and 59.0% of the voting eligible population. This is corroborated by the following link. If you can give us a link that says the 41% of all U.S. citizens who did not vote were black, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://brilliantmaps.com/did-not-vote/

You say 40% of blacks didn't vote, Let's get real - 100% of blacks, who comprise only 13% of the population, cannot elect a POTUS. 62% of the populace, the white population, can. Stop acting as if it was our fault Trump won.

But many Blacks refused to vote or threw away their ballots by choosing to support third party candidates who had no chance of winning. By doing this, they doomed millions of poor, elderly, disabled and young people

Even if the Republicans had not gerrymandered districts, changed poll locations, illegally kicked black (and Hispanic) voters off the rolls so that when they arrived at the polls they were told FALSELY that they had voted in another STATE, thus could not vote where they resided, etc., we still could not have elected a nation-wide figure singlehandedly. Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million. Another CONSERVATIVE 1.5 million mainly black, but some Hispanic, voters who were likely to have voted for her were denied their Right to Vote by the Republicans. It's the Republicans who are guilty of any "doom," not black voters. In the end, if you can give us a link or 2 to your assertion that "many Blacks.... threw away their ballots by choosing to support third party candidates," I'd love to see them. I scoured the internet, but couldn't find any.

Btw, it was white voters who were hopped up on third party candidates, not black.

Let's not forget the fact of active voter manipulation through Facebook and other platforms designed to discourage voter turn out for Hillary by propagating targeted lies like pizzagate.

Then of course there was the media's outsized coverage of 45's every utterance -- even his stupid tweets dominated the news cycle -- crowding out meaningful coverage of other candidates.

Also Black don't vote in block. I know a few Brothers who voted for 45, because they are conservative and believe their self-interests are better served by Republicans. We also know the majority if white women didn't even support Hillary. Then, of course, is the electoral college that allows a candidate who received 3 million less votes win. 

The the points FAS mention regarding voting are on point. The electoral process is rigged and it has never really served the interests of Black people. As always we make due in a bad situation.

On 2/2/2020 at 4:12 PM, Stefan said:

Why should someone else pay their medical costs??

Stefan I really can't understand this statement. I mean why shouldn't the wealthiest nation in recorded history not pool resources to treat sick people? Think about how much we spend on defense. Think about how much we spend subsiding corporations and the wealthy. 

You're a senior @Stefan do you collect social security or take advantage of medicare? Why should we give you those benefits? 

It is true that Russian intelligence went all in on their attempts to deceive U.S. voters. And we know that Republicans insisted that Moscow was innocent of interfering in the 2016 election.

But that’s absolutely no excuse for Black voters to point their finger and proclaim: “Oh, that’s it! The system is unfair. Let me stay home.”

Whenever someone pops that nonsense that a Black vote does not count, I reply with two words: Barack Obama.

The main reason it is easier to rig elections today is because this country allowed one of the most ignorant and amoral sociopaths to win the White House.

Republicans love Trump. Because he gives them cover to do what they’ve always wanted: Attack Black and Latinos without let up and with little fear of reprisal.

I have no doubt hundreds of thousands of Democratic votes were either not counted or were counted and later deleted from ballot totals in 2016. But again, that is no excuse for deciding not to vote. Especially when many of our forebears lost their lives trying to bring the vote to our people.

Many Black voters also castigated Secretary Clinton, erroneously claiming she wrote the 1994 Crime Bill. She had nothing to do with that. Members of Congress fashioned that measure and all Bill Clinton did was sign it.

That legislation was heartily endorsed by the Black Congressional Caucus.  Is Hillary corrupt? Apparently not. Republicans and others have investigated the Clintons for more than two decades with absolutely no convictions of alleged charges. 

But on the other hand, six folks associated with her biggest detractor, Donald Trump, have been convicted.

You asked why I should receive Social Security and Medicaid? Because I worked steadily since I was 14. Nothing was given to me. I worked for my benefits. 

The entire capitalist system is about subsidies. Like the latest tax plan which was the largest wealth transfer upwards. Insurance, the dairy industry, Poor countries that produce everything you consume are subsidise Americas lifestyle. Tax exempt status to religion some universities and foundations. 

• Thanks 1

I believe trying to explain why White men and women i n Washington decide to do the things they do is pointless. The U.S. may be the richest nation on earth depending upon several yardsticks. However, the country operates at a deficit and has for many years.

The one word that keeps rolling around in my head is this: "Greed." 

I cannot change it. Millions hope Senator Sanders can. 

Edited by Stefan
correct spelling of "many."
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Stefan said:

image.png

According to 2016 post election analyses, 40% of all eligible Black voters did not cast a ballot.

That is 40% of eligible Black voters. That does not mean 40% of the U.S. population.

Someone asked for a link. Here ya go:

/www.politico.com/story/2017/05/10/black-election-turnout-down-2016-census-survey-238226

Your ONE link states:

The Current Population Survey is based on self-reporting and carries margins of error just like any other poll — and, in some cases, differs from the national exit poll and data collected from voter files in the various states.  

The above statement comes from YOUR link.

As for YOUR 40% figure, MY link states only 59% of eligible voters voted, ergo 41% of white voters didn't vote as well. AND, let us not forget that at least 1 million blacks who were kicked off the rolls because they had the same name as another black person in a neighboring state, e.g., Leroy Jones in Michigan was denied a ballot when he went to the polls because someone named Leroy Jones had already voted in Iowa... or if Hispanic, Maria Garcia was denied a ballot in Michigan because someone named Maria Garcia had already voted in Idaho, etc. as evidenced by the decrease in ELIGIBLE voters in the following:

In 2016, there were 231,556,622 voting eligible citizens in the United States — out of that number, only 6.5 percent were Black.

In 2012, there were 222,474,111 voting eligible citizens in the United States — with only 7.6 percent being Black. Hence, there was a 14.5 percent decrease between 2012 and 2016 in the Black voting eligible population (or “VEP”) that actually voted.

https://www.phillytrib.com/news/black-voter-turnout-a-look-at-the-numbers/article_49d1aed9-76be-550e-b063-15ad7639dc97.html

Again, even if every black person in America were eligible to vote, we STILL couldn't elect anyone to national office. We are NOT the reason Trump is POTUS.

But what I find so amazing about the people who want to blame black people for the Trump presidency is that they NEVER point out the people who DID elect him, i.e., white women who voted 51% for the man who likes grabbing their vaginas. Why this black self-flagellation? I really don't get it.

@Troy

On point. Every utterance. Especially the Social Security and Medicare benefits. I don't care how long a person worked, how many years,  The average SS check is $17,500/year. How many people do you know who PAY $17,500/year to FICA? One ambulance trip cost over $1,000. Add that to the $17,500 ALONG WITH all the medicines/pharmacology paid by Medicare each and every year for retirees. No individual paid anywhere NEAR that amount into the system. It's gravy for the elderly. It's not a real reflection of what anyone put into the system.

FAS, I already offered a link that stated 40% of Black voters sat home in 2016.  I will offer a graphic this time.

Blacks by far, bear the brunt of the blame for not voting in 2016. Forty percent is a huge number. Go ahead and find another community with such a poor turnout. Too many want to ignore the massive turnouts Blacks gifted Obama with. Not once, but twice. 

Black voters failed to deliver in key states that Obama won.

I understand wanting to put the onus for failing to vote on other peoples and on other factors. But the bottom line is this: We did not come out to vote in 2016. If anyone has alternative evidence from a legitimate and viable source, then furnish it.

When members of your own group collectively decide to surrender when they have a chance to fight on, that’s illogical. Refusing to vote is not a legitimate protest. It is surrender.  Voters in the U.S. traditionally have a low turnout, particularly during non-presidential election years.

Does anyone really think Blacks are not going to have a harder time surviving under Trump 2.0?

Trump won chiefly because of Black voter apathy, third party voters and women on all sides who did not care for a female Commander-in-Chief. At least, that is what some pundits think.

FAS, I applaud your defense of our people on the voting issue. But the truth must be out. We as a people just need to do better. We have before. And we can do it again.  Our votes can make a difference.

Troy, actually Blacks DO vote as a block when it comes to national elections. I posted a second graph that proves this.

I know some Black people claim the electoral process is completely rigged. So, how exactly did Obama win twice? I guess the GOP ran out of rope for their rigging.

One thing that is true is that Republicans have long used Voter Suppression to win elections. I also believe if votes are compiled by computer systems, that hackers can either add or take away ballots.  We definitely have challenges. This is no time to throw in the towel and proclaim: "Gee, we just can't win."

Blacks Vote for Dems.jpg

2016 Voter-turnout.png

Edited by Stefan
Remove a WashPost link

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Guest FAS, please consider creating an account so that I do not have to approve your posts.

@Troy

After this conversation, I'll prolly not be posting again. Thanks for your gracious offer, however.

@Stefan

Not only have I given a link that states 41% (not 40%) of ALL Americans didn't vote in 2016, but:

Go ahead and find another community with such a poor turnout

Even your link shows that Asians and Hispanics voted less than black people. Now if you rationale is to just keep refusing to deal with any CORROBORATED notion counter to your "implied" one of "blacks are the most powerful demographic in the U.S., able to elect a POTUS at a single bound", well, have at it.  

Btw, the kicking blacks and some Hispanics off the rolls wasn't a Republican tactic in 2008 or 2012. It started in 2016. And that white women voters outnumber ALL eligible black voters, male and female, means nothing to your narrative. well, more of your same ole, same ole.

At any rate, I'm done with this thread. For those who like black self-flagellating, it's yours. Bye.

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

I know some people claim the electoral process is completely rugged. So, how exactly did Obama win twice?

Stefan you are working on the assumption the the different parties matter. The interests of the oligarchy were well served by the Obama presidency.

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

Troy, actually Blacks DO vote as a block when it comes to national elections.

Actually, we don't and the charts you presented would tell this story if your first graph also considered the 40% of the so called Black voter "block" who did not participate. How we be considered a block when fully half the eligible Black people did not vote for Obama

Do you think Black voter turnout will be higher or lower this year? The towel was thrown in 2016 with the decrease in votes for the Democrat, an increase in votes for the Republican, and a sharp decrease in votes overall.

After this conversation, I'll prolly not be posting again.

I'm sorry to read this.

I’ve debated some strident, but intelligent, racists on a couple of news forums. This was in 2002 when I was debating the legitimacy of the coming Iraq War.

It took a while, but eventually I made quite a few friends on there. It was not all about fighting and trying to get the best of each other.

Even these Conservatives back then acknowledged facts from legitimate sources. In fact, it was a requirement on that forum to provide support for your assertions.

Now, not all liked my responses. But no one ever claimed I made stuff up. Most Black reporters get fired if we are caught faking news. So, I learned to do my work.

On 2/1/2020 at 5:13 AM, Stefan said:

because of refusing to purchase health insurance.

@StefanSo, here you come with this typical statement in that poor Black people simply refuse to purchase health insurance, that Obama has now made a federal tax-health law. 

And here you come with your efforts to try and define all Black people as negative because we don't worship Obama and your voting system and homosexual-pedophilia. 

Even though Obama was elected for 2 terms, to try and get us all to vote even though the damage is already done.

Obama won 2 election terms, so why are you whining about Black people not voting for him?

I agree with what the young man, Kaepernick once stated in that this system needs to be overhauled.

On 2/1/2020 at 5:13 AM, Stefan said:

Why should any Community be forced to undertake the monetary responsibility of those who don’t heed health warnings and become seriously ill?

Oh Wow, you need to go back many years when this whole earth has been set up to pay for health issues of the colonizers?

Europeans have caused this whole world to pay for health issues that coulds have been avoided.

Now, if African Americans were properly educated by this system, they would know how Europe was set up and it seems as if, they gave everybody healthcare, but then all of a sudden, ... millions of ethnic people were exterminated. This is what bothers me about this repeat.

I only mentioned certain topics that you listed because I feel that is the major issue that has damaged us.

Obama to suck them into having to pay for even more health issues that were not inherently our issues, in the first place.

Soon or later, many Black people are going to realize that they have been tricked into paying taxes, taxes, and more taxes through this healthcare-tax law, 

that was orchestrated for that very reason. 

All lower class people have been affected by that law, however, the poor AFrican Americans are completely sacked. 

They have been completely sacked and punished for being Black, and not being able to get decent paying jobs.

Obama knows that this system will not help Black people in the job market, yet he put this law on us anyway.

I am grateful, that I did not have to pay $1,6240 per month penalty, because, I fought and fought and fought the paperwork and stayed on the phone endlessly trying to learn how to be lawbiding, but it was difficult. 

Chevdove, you can believe as you wish. 

The ACA offered millions health insurance when they had none or had insufficient coverage

Many others have said the same. If one does not want to buy  health insurance that is on them. Because anyone can opt out.

Personally, I don't believe half the folks who claimed they suffered financially due to the ACA. Such ones tend to lie or exaggerate, absent any definitive proof.

Millions of folks in this country have been bankrupted because they lacked health insurance or the ability to pay high medical bills. If Black people decide to forego health insurance, don’t blame me. The onus is on them.

Do they think they’re really going to receive a great health insurance deal from Republicans? The bottom line is that Obama’s ACA gave health insurance to millions who never had it. If no one wanted to pay a fine, then they need to obtain insurance through other means, ya know, like a full time job?

I am aware that medical costs are ridiculous. So are prices for homes. When I had no health insurance, I just hoped I would not get sick. But if you have children, that is a difficult proposition.

Depending on what state and what health provider one goes to, there may be cheaper alternatives. But today, for those who do not have health coverage, they face an uncertain fate.

Would you drive your own car without insurance? Do you have home owner’s insurance? Renter’s insurance? If you own a company, do you obtain insurance? What happens if you there’s an incident and you’re held liable?

Or you can take a chance by not buying insurance.

20 hours ago, Stefan said:

Personally, I don't believe half the folks who claimed they suffered financially due to the ACA. Such ones tend to lie or exaggerate, absent any definitive proof.

Whether its ACA or otherwise, average white people's wealth almost doubled under Obama, and continues upward under Trump. Black people are still near ZERO today for wealth. Obviously being forced to pay for something when you have no money to begin with is a financial burden. White people gained more money under Obama, thus didn't take a hit being forced to buy insurance, which does nothing more than enrich the executives at Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, etc.

Black wealth.png

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 6:54 PM, Kareem said:

Whether its ACA or otherwise, average white people's wealth almost doubled under Obama, and continues upward under Trump. Black people are still near ZERO today for wealth. Obviously being forced to pay for something when you have no money to begin with is a financial burden. White people gained more money under Obama, thus didn't take a hit being forced to buy insurance, which does nothing more than enrich the executives at Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, etc.

@Kareem Thank you!

On 2/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, Stefan said:

The ACA offered millions health insurance when they had none or had insufficient coverage

@Stefan This is an old trick that Europe already did!

• Haha 1