Decisions by Caillen Fort

Guest Caillen Fort

Guest Caillen Fort

I am interested in a book review.

This fictional story highlights the importance of decision making for young adults as they maneuver through the most crucial years of their lives. As they adjust to the freedom and responsibility to make their own decisions, it can become challenging and at times life-changing. So often are young adults quickly labeled as; troubled, delinquent, reprehensible or just "bad". While in fact, they aren't always necessarily "bad" they have just made a "bad" decision. My hope is to speak to the gravity these poor-decisions can have and how they can change the course of your life or those around you. Encouraging sound-judgment, reasoning, or listening to that inner-voice that says "Maybe I shouldn't do this". We aren't always going to make the best decisions, let's just try our best to avoid the bad ones.

When I was a kid, my mom would always tell me "One bad decision can change your entire life."  Taking that same message, 10 years ago I started writing a novel that was meant to focus on the importance of decision-making and the effects they can have not only on you but those around you.  I made this book my lifetime goal and was determined to meet it.  Took some time but I got it done.  Happy to say I'm now a self-published author and eager to share my work with the world.

I was beginning to find myself going through the motions of just working day-to-day and enjoying my weekends.  I have a respectable profession but I've always known that it isn't my passion. Writing is.  It has always been a dream of mine to write full time and share all the thoughts and ideas I have in my head with everyone.  Writing allows that platform for me.  I have sooooo many other book ideas I have to get out. But I can't move on until I push Decisions to its furthest point.  And I feel it in my spirit that it hasn't gotten there yet.

Decisions

• ISBN-13: 978-1733805605
  • Publication Date: March 7, 2019
  • Author: Caillen Fort
  • Title: Decisions 

Guest Synopsis

Synopsis: Gavin Karlo’s mother always told him one bad decision can change your entire life.  The talented basketball athlete with an endless amount of promise struggles to stay on course faced with several tough life decisions.  Never quite grasping the importance of sound decision-making and how those decision effect not only him but those around him.  Gavin continues to make poor decisions often times motivated by his fiery temper that forces him further of course. Excusing his circumstances as a string of bad luck, never realizing how his decision-making lead him down his dreadful path.  Until it’s too late.