Perceptions on how Afrofuturism influences fashion!

Guest Abena

Hello everyone,

I am a graduate student in fashion at Kent State University looking for people to participate in a study i'm conducting on Afrofuturism and visual expressions. 

For my study, I am looking to understand Black people's perceptions and definitions of Afrofuturism and how we (specifically Africans, African Americans and 1st generation Africans in America)   visually employ Afrofuturistic themes through fashion ( clothing choices, hair styling methods, makeup practices, etc.). I am seeking to interview potential participants to find out the differences that may or may not be evident due to cultural differences amongst members of these communities.

Participation includes:

• a brief 2-minute survey that will determine if you will be a good fit to go on to step two of the study: 30-45 minute individual interviews. You will be contacted via email if you are a match! 

If you are interested in participating, please copy and paste the link below in your browser to be directed to the survey:

https://kent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1YzFejqvcJvUrXf

For more information about this study or how to participate, please contact me at mamoah@kent.edu.

And please do share this study with anyone who you think might be interested in participating.

Have a blessed day!

FASHIONFUTURISM FLYER-final.jpg