Book Review Request for Just Before Too Late

Novel: Just Before Too Late by Mel Currie

ISBN: 978-1734191103

I'm the author, Mel Currie. Of course, I'm trying to drum up interest in my  novel, Just Before Too Late.  It was released on December 3, 2019 and is available at Amazon in both print and eBook formats.

Please find a  synopsis and a little bit about the author below. So far, the novel has received two reviews. I've read both of them with great gratification, but I cannot claim on the basis of these plaudits that the novel has gotten traction.  Clearly, I would need to hear much more in a positive vein before I could conclude that. Here's a link to the reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Just-Before-Too-Late-Currie/dp/1734191104/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=#customerReviews

Paul McCarahan has killed twice. The first time it was in Germany, his Afro-German mother’s country. The second time the theater was Pittsburgh, his hometown.  The latter killing made him something of a hero to the local African American community, from which he nonetheless has drifted away. However, it is the violent struggle in the Rhineland when he was nineteen years old that has marked him, apparently for life. This “victory” remains his dark secret. He muses that it might be his guiding light.

When he was four years old, Paul and his younger brother lost their mother. She returned to Germany due to the psychological abuse meted out by Paul’s father and, fearing her husband’s threats, did not return to retrieve her children. Paul was conceived in the immediate aftermath of World War II in Germany, but born in the United States. Fifty-eight years later, he is a mathematician struggling to find life’s formula. He is at a loss wherever he wanders, be it Germany, Yale College, or the Piedmont region of Virginia and North Carolina, where his paternal ancestors labored in bondage for two centuries. He eventually gives himself up to the possibility of redemption, when fate presents itself in the guise of a manifestly long-shot relationship.

Mel Currie earned a BA in mathematics and economics from Yale University and MA and PhD degrees in mathematics from the University of Pittsburgh. He taught mathematics in the Düsseldorf public schools for several years and has held professorships in mathematics at Auburn University and the University of Richmond. His career at the National Security Agency (NSA) spanned twenty-five years. Among several positions that the author held at NSA, he was Chief of the Cryptographic Research and Design Division (The Codemakers) for a decade. Mel Currie is a recipient of the NSA Director's Distinguished Service Medal. In 2019 he received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Association of Mathematicians. He is the author of the 2018 book Mathematics: Rhyme and Reason, published jointly by the American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute. He is also the author of the 2019 novel Just Before Too Late.

jbtl_full1.2.jpg