Florida Man: "If I get Corona, I get Corona"

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

When you say "natural selection at work"........do you mean stupid or foolish people's behavior will get them removed from the gene pool?

@Pioneer1 BINGO! I did not understand what that meant in the past, but my son keeps saying this too. I'm like what do you mean?

LOL.

He calls it a Darwin selection. or something like that. I have to ask him to say his phrase again, now.

At any rate, 'God, Please help those young kids not get 'done in' in their innocence, and temptation during this time of spring break' in the name of your precious son, Jesus Christ. Amen'

I've heard many different terms for it like "Darwinism at work" and "Social Darwinism" but they all have the same theme.....that "stupid" people shouldn't reproduce.
It comes from the belief that intelligence is genetic.

I've often thought about the concept of Social Darwinism and what would happen if every individual were forced to support themselves and their offspring without social help.

Unlike much of nature where the weakest and less intelligent of a species often die at a young age (before reproductive age) from predatory or accidental means....in civilized human society we tend to take care of nearly everyone despite their abilities and levels of intelligence. So "stupid" people are protected and allowed to grow up and have children....usually with other people of the same level of intelligence.

I was joking about dropping the likes of Sluder from the gene pool. It is very possible that he can give birth to the person who cures cancer. Traits like intelligence, while inherited, has not been pinned down; there is no one gene for intelligence. I'm sure the environment's influence on gene expression relative to intelligence is not understood well either.

Troy

Traits like intelligence, while inherited, has not been pinned down; there is no one gene for intelligence. I'm sure the environment's influence on gene expression relative to intelligence is not understood well either.

I think intelligence...TRUE intelligence (one's ability to learn, understand, and retain) is a result of BOTH genetics and environment working together in harmony.

Genetically speaking, I believe your brain STRUCTURE or what type of brain you inherited from your ancestors has an influence on your intelligence potential. But when you say environment's influence on one's intelligence is not well understood...I beg to differ.
Those promoting liquor consumption, weed smoking, and purposely dumbing down the educational system know all too well the effects one's environment has on one's intelligence!