Sign in to follow this  
Troy

Why Covid19 is FAR More Dangerous Than the Seasonal Flu

Troy

Yes I'm aware thisecwhites were using junk science to advance the udea of racial superiority.

Well that's the actual theory of evolution!
It's racist in it's very concept.....read:

On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or The ...

The subtitle of Darwin's Origin of Species is the preservation of FAVORED RACES!

You can't separate the theory from it's racist origins.

I must have missed them. Do me a favor and pose them again.

According to contemporary Caucasian science, there are DOMINANT genes and RECESSIVE genes.
Would it be a mistake to assume that genetically speaking, one with dominant genes would be "genetically superior" to one with recessive genes?

I never read the Origin of Species, so I don't know if he was spewing racist propoganda, but if he was a man of his time he probably was.

In any event the average 12th grader, from a half way descent school, knows more about genetics than Darwin possibly could. Why linger on 19th century ideas today?

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Would it be a mistake to assume that genetically speaking, one with dominant genes would be "genetically superior" to one with recessive genes?

The question does not make sense to me. Homo spaiens have approxinately 20K genes some are reccessive others aren't. The relative expression of human genes does not make one inherently superior or inferior.

Consider the gene that results in a sickness like sickle cell. If the person with sickle cell is a genius does that make him superior or inferior to a dumb person without sicke cell?

Troy

I never read the Origin of Species, so I don't know if he was spewing racist propoganda, but if he was a man of his time he probably was.

In any event the average 12th grader, from a half way descent school, knows more about genetics than Darwin possibly could. Why linger on 19th century ideas today?

Well the title alone speaks volumes even if you never opened the book.
If the title talks about "favored races" then that in itself suggests racism.

But the reasons why point out the Theory of Evolution's racist origins is important today is because most of the so-called civilized educated world BELIEVES in it!
And they either consciously or subconsciously believe that Africans are inferior in part BECAUSE of this theory.

You keep trying to separate the theory from it's racist origins, but you can't.

Consider the gene that results in a sickness like sickle cell. If the person with sickle cell is a genius does that make him superior or inferior to a dumb person without sicke cell?

Some would argue that sickle cell anemia isn't really a sickness but natures way of fighting malaria. According to science, it was found mostly among West Africans in a region where those who DIDN'T have the sickle cell trait would often die of malaria.

But in my opinion a genius IS intellectually superior to a dumb person.

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

so-called civilized educated world BELIEVES in it!

No these people are not civilized if they continue to believe this stuff and act upon these beliefs.  They are the exact opposite to civilized they are barbarian.  Political postions, money, and power does not make you civilized.  Is 45 civilized?

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But in my opinion a genius IS intellectually superior to a dumb person.

Not if he is dead from Malaria...

Look, there are stronger people, smarter people, people who are poets, and people who can make you laugh. Some are super nurturing and others can fight like hell. We need each other. No one is inherently better to superior to another.  We can not survive without each other. Dinosaurs lasted for millions of years.  Humanity will be doing good if we make it out the next century in one piece.... seriously.

Troy

No these people are not civilized if they continue to believe this stuff and act upon these beliefs. They are the exact opposite to civilized they are barbarian. Political postions, money, and power does not make you civilized. Is 45 civilized?

They are highly civilized.
...Immoral
...Diabolical
....but still civil, towards eachother.

I keep trying to tell people like I said about G.W. Bush.....don't play Trump cheap.
He's not stupid NOR is he a fool.
He talks the way he talks and acts the way he acts to CONNECT with his base that he needs for support.

Caucasian Democrats could learn a lesson or two from the Republicans on how to connect with the average American they CLAIM they're in office to help instead of talking and behaving in such a high-brown manner and speaking over the heads of the average American.

So Bernie Sanders spoke over the heads of the average American? Obama dud a great job of getting the masses to love him.

Communicating with the masses is not the Dems problem it is being gofers for Wall Street and the corporate elites and not delivering to the masses. Obama gave us "hope," but the failure to deliver the change he promised is what led us into the arms of 45.

Yes, Bernie DOES talk over the heads of most people but that's not why he doesn't get enough support. Most people just don't think he can seriously become president.

As for Obama, YES he did talk over the heads of most people and a lot of people actually criticized him for being aloof and too cerebral as compared to Bush. But people hated Bush so much it propelled Obama's Caucasian support into the Whitehouse and most AfroAmericans supported him....not because they completely understood what he was saying but because he was a fellow AfroAmerican who wasn't a brainwashed Conservative Republican.

Obama "aloof" and Bernie "talking over the heads of most people" you gonna have to provide an examolenof this because I completely disagree.

Do you mean the dems should appeal to the unwashed masses by blatantly lying to them?

Troy

Alright, I may have to walk back my statement about Bernie talking over the heads of people.
I admit I don't listen to him much....because I don't trust him....so I can't say this.
As far as Obama, even when he was running people were worried that he was so smart and used such educated language that the masses of people wouldn't be able to relate to him or understand what he's saying.

This perception of him was maintained through out his Presidency.

https://prospect.org/power/obama-aloof-sure.-matter-no./

https://www.nationalbcc.org/news/beyond-the-rhetoric/1181-our-president-is-aloof

Even HE recognized that this perception of him was pretty pervasive and said it troubled him.....

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/05/617091665/obama-staffer-looks-back-on-his-white-house-years-it-can-take-a-real-toll

Do you mean the dems should appeal to the unwashed masses by blatantly lying to them?

No.
But speak plainly and in more general terms.

For example, if you are a Democrat and are running for office and you believe that your Republican opponent is a gun toting racist......SAY THAT.
Tell your base that the Repubican party is a racist right wing party and want to lock up Blacks and deport Browns.

Now YOU Troy may be laughing at what I just said right now however you know that that statement about Republicans in general is fundamentaly true AND the masses of poor people and people of color will definately understand this!

What the hell is:
"Well, my opponent doesn't believe in diversity and supports unfair immigration laws!"

What kinda shit is that?
Diversity?
Unfair laws?
Most poor and half educated (or in many cases uneducated) people don't know what the fuck you're talking about!

Speak to them PLAINLY and motivate them (or scare them) to get their asses out and vote for you!
This is something Republicans have gotten good at doing over the past 40 years or so since Reagan.

It's not about lying but about properly selling whatever program you're pushing.
But when it comes to poor and working class people....you have to call a spade a spade and speak in GENERALITIES; something most educated people have been taught NOT to do.