Black People Dying from Covid-19 at an "Alarming" Rate

OK here is some actual data showing Black people are not immune to Covid-19.  Anyone who continues to say that Black people are immune is trying to kill Black people -- full stop end of story.  

Propublica: https://www.propublica.org/article/early-data-shows-african-americans-have-contracted-and-died-of-coronavirus-at-an-alarming-rate

As of Friday morning, African Americans made up almost half of Milwaukee County’s 945 cases and 81% of its 27 deaths in a county whose population is 26% black. Milwaukee is one of the few places in the United States that is tracking the racial breakdown of people who have been infected by the novel coronavirus, offering a glimpse at the disproportionate destruction it is inflicting on black communities nationwide.

In Michigan, where the state’s population is 14% black, African Americans made up 35% of cases and 40% of deaths as of Friday morning. Detroit, where a majority of residents are black, has emerged as a hot spot with a high death toll. As has New Orleans. Louisiana has not published case breakdowns by race, but 40% of the state’s deaths have happened in Orleans Parish, where the majority of residents are black.

The early data provided above is not at all surprising to any semi-woke Black person -- of course Black people would be disproportionately affected by Covid19 in America.  “We are not in the same damn boat.”

Read Obscene Rhetoric by Frederick K. Foote, Jr. https://aalbc.com/content.php?title=Obscene+Rhetoric+by+Frederick+K.+Foote%2C+Jr.

This is one of the reasons I cautioned Kareem and those AfroAmericans I know in real life to be careful running around talking about who is getting what. Even if it STARTED OFF as an "Asian disease" or a "White man's disease"....Caucasians can take it and infect many AfroAmericans with it just out of spite!

If you don't own any hospitals and very few medical institutions and are in a helpless and vulnerable position to where you must rely on your historical enemy to take care of you then almost ANYTHING can be weaponized against you.

Regardless of how dire this sitution gets, as long as their are some AfroAmericans still around then I believe good can come from this.

This should be a real wake-up call for AfroAmericans for us to get off our asses and get our shit together. Start building hospitals of OUR OWN like Garvey did with our own doctors and nurses.

Del

Pioneer the solution is either the end of racism or Black people leave.

The options you offer are as dismally limited as they are impractical, lol.
Neither will happen anytime soon.

How about AfroAmericans taking the chance on building our own healthcare infrastructure in this nation despite any racist opposition that may challenge it?

Can you imagine what would happen if A Black Hospital was successful.

Walt just look at the history.

You can't be seperate and Black people as a whole function as the barometer for the bottom. So unless the powers that be change their mind. This is how it's gonna be.

Also you will have a hard time stopping Black Brain drain. 

I laid out an overview for a Black Astrology group how to grow into a national group. A few people thought is was well thought out, yet nothing happened. 

We can't move forward because of ego and disorganisation. 

You want to be successful look at the beginning of House Music. Marginalised people congregating to express themselves. The coolest party had gay men and lesbian women. And at a certain point the best dancers danced together. I saw this happen once over literally thousands of parties.

7 hours ago, Delano said:

...you will have a hard time stopping Black Brain drain. 

@Pioneer1 that is sufficient reason right there. Most Black strive for white validation, because white folks have all have the money and power.

We see this in every corner of society. Black people may use Black business as a stepping stone to work for a white one.

I could write a book out how this plays out on the web.

Of course there are those of us who struggle to build and support Black businesses and institutions, but we are in the minority. I have no illusions of it being easy, for there is so much to overcome. The structural inequalities made plain during this pandemic, keeps us dependent upon white folks because we have and control so little.

• Like 1

Troy & Delano

I've learned that the key to stopping Black "brain drain" is to offer our people the PROPER incentive to continue to work for the community.

But you have to be REAL with Black people.
You can't offer them cliches and try to sell them abstract ideas like "honor" and or doing things simply for the greater good of the community and expect them to offer their services and talents.
You have to promise them WEALTH and PROTECTION

For example............
If you have several smart young men who would make great candidates for doctors, don't tell them to just stay in the ghetto and work under dangerous and stressful conditions for the "greater good" of helping their people.
Provide them with nice well furnished apartments or houses!
Provide them with attractive sex partners (multiple if they want) for comfort! 
Provide each of them with a nice car and their choice of foods.
If they like to drink or smoke weed, as long as it doesn't interfere with their work provide them with that also!

I'm not joking!
If you want to keep AfroAmericans from running away from our community then give them what THEY WANT.....not what you THINK they should have or what Caucasians have trained you to believe they should want!

Some people smirk or even frown at the idea of providing  Black men who are servicing the community with the sexual partners they desire for their comfort and show of appreciation.
Why?
Because they have been trained by Caucasian men to THINK that this is wrong.
Many of our people have been trained to believe that men shouldn't want sex and definately shouldn't be polygamous and this attitude not only created unnecessary guilt but it also forces many of our brothers to sneak around and lie about what they're doing.
Many then leave the community so they can go somewhere and get the money and sex they really want without dealing with the judgemental attitude of so many of our people.

It's simple.
If you expect people to perform a great service for you compensate them properly and give them what they ask for and you won't have to worry about them leaving.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

It's simple.
If you expect people to perform a great service for you compensate them properly and give them what they ask for and you won't have to worry about them leaving.

@Pioneer1 Sure that sounds logical, but it is far more complex than that. 

Before writers used to complain that Black publications did not pay writers enough. The reason was that many publications simply did not have the resources to pay a lot.  Of course this could have changes, overtime, as publication grew and became more profitable.

One day HuffPost comes along and amazingly they are able to get talented Black writers to write for free ... FREE! Sure they got a byline and they could argue that HuffPost had a large audience, but The Huffington Post, run by a white woman, had a large audience, in part, because got talented writers to give them free content! 

Once HuffPo went public and Ariana Huffington got billizons many of the same Black writers were disgruntled because they never did share in the wealth. Today you hear very little of the Huffington Post and very few author benefited materially as a result.  Most would have been better off taking what little the Black publications could pay.  Who knows maybe some of those Black-owned publications may still be around.

Today many of the same Black writers and countless neophytes have turned to social media publishing their content freely on social media giving those platform complete control over copyright, working hard to amp up the followers and engagement.  These social platforms are some of the wealthiest companies around and their owners are billionaires. Facebook has never paid any writer for their content either.  This is why you will never see me post more than a link back to my site on social. 

No Pioneer, it is not that simple.

Pioneer that's good in theory. Troy has worked in corporate America got his paper and created his own business. Yet you are telling him what people like him need. And that is the problem. Like I said we can't move forward because of ego and disorganisation. 

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I've learned that the key to stopping Black "brain drain" is to offer our people the PROPER incentive to continue to work for the community.

Congratulations then there's nothing I can tell you.