Looking Kinda Scrumptious With That Mask On!

Is it me, or does it seem like wearing those masks make many women look more attractive?

Just going to the grocery store gets me worked up now as I see dozens of women of all ages rolling around with masks on and I'm seeing one set of pretty eyes after another.
Even women I'm intimate with and am already attracted to, when I see them with that mask on it's like meeting someone new for the first time....lol.

It reminds me of those old television shows when a man invades an Arabian harem and sees a bunch of women laying around half naked with mask on.
All you see is a pair of pretty eyes batting and staring at you.

The Charged, Complicated Racial Dynamics of Cardi B's 'Bodak ...

A couple of other brothers have mentioned the same thing to me when I brought it to their attention.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 10:26 PM, Delano said:

You sound Old Testament.

Old or new, the question is does it work.
You'd be surprised at how many times calling a woman "scrumptious" has worked......lol.

Old Spice cologne is OT like a mug, but a lot of women still like it....lol.

Troy

I used to think it didn't matter.

Now I understand that wearing masks not only LIMIT (key word) the amount of viral particles you may be exposed to but also if everyone is wearing a mask it's quite effective in preventing those with the virus from spreading it beyond themelves.

@Pioneer1 I know science does little to inform what you think about various subjects (a lot of people are like you probably most). Cursory research will reveal the truth.  Here is what the US Surgeon General Tweeted:

Troy

I hear what you're saying, however how does what you AND the Surgeon General are stressing about how ineffective the masks are square with what Governors and community health officials all over the nation are requiring that people wear masks in public?

Gov. Cuomo will require New Yorkers to wear masks in public 
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday he would sign an executive order requiring everyone in the state to wear a mask or a mouth and nose covering when not able to social distance and when riding public transportation. It's part of the state's effort to slow the spread of coronavirus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/18/us/mta-keep-them-covered-coronavirus-face-covering-campaign-trnd/index.html

If masks are NOT effective, why are so many community officials requiring them?

And according to THIS article......
https://www.washingtonpost.com/

While the federal government is telling YOU that you don't need a mask they are running around like crazy securing them for THEMSELVES!

It seems as if mixed messages are being sent to the public.

44 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

If masks are NOT effective, why are so many community officials requiring them?

I don't know. Why does our president tell people the stuff he tells them?

The masks health care providers and others are frantically trying to secure are the types  that are effective. The surgical and fashion statement masks the general public are wearing will not prevent you from inhaling the airborne particles. 

You expect me to click a link leading to Amazon's newspaper? What did the article say?

48 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

It seems as if mixed messages are being sent to the public.

Welcome to America (#WTA)

Troy

Lol.....
I didn't know the Washington Post was owned by Amazon.

It basically points out the hypocrisy of the Administration and how THEY are trying to secure masks for themselves while downplaying and minimizing the need for others to use PPE.
Just like they've been minimizing the need for testing the public while at the same time ramping up testing for THEMSELVES.....especially after so many of Trump's staff have recently been infected with the virus.

And again.......
They are stressing wearing the masks not so much in preventing you from inhaling the virus....although the less of it you inhale the less likely you will be infected....but wearing the mask prevents YOU from spreading so much of it by sneezing, coughing, or talking if YOU are infected.

It may not be perfect, but most of the medical experts agree that any little bit will help.

Why do you think so many people have been on the Administration officials' asses lately for NOT wearing masks in meetings and other engagements?

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I didn't know the Washington Post was owned by Amazon.

Technically Jeff Bezos owns it, but that is mincing words.

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It may not be perfect, but most of the medical experts agree that any little bit will help.

Perhaps.

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Why do you think so many people have been on the Administration officials' asses lately for NOT wearing masks in meetings and other engagements?

Hell if I know.  I guess the critics are concerned with the optics, sending false or mixed messages.  My local Costco was handing out free masks last week as they now require people to wear them in the store, meanwhile restaurants are opening up across the city at 25% capacity I believe. 

The cloth and surgical masks, as I'm sure you have read, do not protect the wearer from contracting the virus. You need an N95 mask for that. It does however help prevent a carrier from infecting others, but the masks have to be worn properly, people need to wash their hands and stay away from others.  We have to do all of it, but we can't because people are suffering -- not from the virus -- but shitty living conditions exacerbated by the pandemic. 

Troy

It does however help prevent a carrier from infecting others, but the masks have to be worn properly, people need to wash their hands and stay away from others. We have to do all of it, but we can't because people are suffering -- not from the virus -- but shitty living conditions exacerbated by the pandemic.

Well, if you'd rather add OTHER ISSUES to the mix instead of acknowledging that I have a good point about wearing the masks....you're welcomed to do so. But your acknowledgement that it does HELP prevent a carrier from infecting others is the point I've been making for the past few posts....lol.

As far as people not wearing the masks properly; I'm seeing a racial difference in this also....

About half of the AfroAmericans I see aren't wearing masks, but those who DO wear them are wearing them properly. On the other hand most Caucasians I see are wearing masks but a large percentage of them are NOT wearing them properly. Many Caucasian men are wearing the masks just under their noses with their mouths covered but beaks fully exposed!

OMG This is crazy!!

ROFL!

I guess that is why, today, Walmart posted a banner outside about what is NOT allowed in their store!

They will only allow manufactured face mask.

No bandanas

No homemade mask

No scarves

But a White man came in behind me with a bandana and he was not stopped.

I can't stop laughing. Oh God, I am literally crying. I don't know what looks the craziest, the man with the horse mask... I don't know how the cashiers kept a 

straight face. 

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It was in California, in San Diego

That is terrible. 

I am beginning to think that there is a correlation to the Coronavirus and White Rage in how some of them have become outraged that  

some Black people are getting Stimulus Relief from the government and etc. 

Well they're saying this OPENLY.

A lot of Republicans in Congress are trying to kill further stimulus bills and other forms of economic aid that struggling Americans of ALL races are getting just to keep Black and Brown citizens from getting them.

They claim that giving people benefits and assistance during the pandemic encourages them NOT to work but to rather stay home. But we know in Europe the government is literally PAYING people outright to stay home and not work so as not to spread the virus and no one is arguing against this logical move.

Just like they have free healthcare over in Europe and no one is arguing against it.

The only reason these things are a "controversy" in America is because Black people benefit from them.

Honestly........

It may seem outrageous, but I believe the ONLY reason most Republicans went along with and supported the bills to give Americans extra benefits and economic assistance to begin with was they didn't expect most of them would live long enough to receive them.
In other words, a few months ago the predictions of the virus was so dire.....these Republicans figured MILLIONS of Americans would have died by now so they wouldn't have been able to collect anyway.  But many are social distancing and wearing masks and the death toll isn't what they predicted so now they want to pull back the benefits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well they're saying this OPENLY.

@Pioneer1 I did not know this.

A lot of Republicans in Congress are trying to kill further stimulus bills and other forms of economic aid that struggling Americans of ALL races are getting just to keep Black and Brown citizens from getting them.

WOW You said a lot here! 

Well, I am pretty sure that I won't get that kind of 'economic relief check' because in the past two times it was handed out, I did not receive it.

I have finally paid all of my 'back taxes' off  a few years ago. Due to trying to get into family court years back, I filled out my taxes so that I could get a larger pay check from my job to pay court fees, so for many years and INTEREST, I would always owe until after my children were grown. So, if you owed taxes, you could not get that relief back in, I think 2003 and then maybe 2008 during presidential elections. And now, the block is medical bills!! LOL. So, I screwed in every way!

They claim that giving people benefits and assistance during the pandemic encourages them NOT to work but to rather stay home. But we know in Europe the government is literally PAYING people outright to stay home and not work so as not to spread the virus and no one is arguing against this logical move.

Just like they have free healthcare over in Europe and no one is arguing against it.

The only reason these things are a "controversy" in America is because Black people benefit from them.

I totally agree!

• Sad 1

Chev

Well, I am pretty sure that I won't get that kind of 'economic relief check' because in the past two times it was handed out, I did not receive it.

I have finally paid all of my 'back taxes' off a few years ago. Due to trying to get into family court years back, I filled out my taxes so that I could get a larger pay check from my job to pay court fees, so for many years and INTEREST, I would always owe until after my children were grown. So, if you owed taxes, you could not get that relief back in, I think 2003 and then maybe 2008 during presidential elections. And now, the block is medical bills!! LOL. So, I screwed in every way!

What??????

Damn!
It's a shame that they don't want to just help out EVERYBODY who is living in the nation.

Initially the plan was to give ALL AMERICANS $1,200 to help the economy!
Then they turn around and started tying it to taxes, bank account, this, and that......

So, are people who DON'T owe taxes or child support the ONLY ones who have to eat and pay bills during the crisis?????

See, that's what I mean Sis....about how the economy is built off of lies and games and exploitation.

They have to play games and tricks with the money to LIMIT the amount of people being helped. Instead of cutting a damn check for everyone, they say you can get your $1,200 ONLY IF: A,B, C & D......if you are E & F you don't qualify.

Legal bills are another trick to keep many people broke.
Spending your time and money fighting over bullshit that should be legal and shouldn't cost you a dime.
There's no telling what Troy has to go through just to build and maintain this site and his book club.

Honestly, that "Cash for Clunkers" shit that Obama pulled on the peole was another joke.
Here I was getting ready to turn in a couple old cars that had been just sitting in the lot barely running thinking I could get $600 for them each....and find out that turning in the car is only good for CREDIT TOWARD ANOTHER.

So it was basically a TRICK to get you to buy another car and get into MORE DEBT.

This is why I'm GLAD to see those kids stand up and do what they're doing!
If the system can't be fair and treat people properly what the hell good is it for the long term?

Enough of the gotdamn games!

On 5/31/2020 at 2:31 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Legal bills are another trick to keep many people broke.
Spending your time and money fighting over bullshit that should be legal and shouldn't cost you a dime.
There's no telling what Troy has to go through just to build and maintain this site and his book club.

For real! @Pioneer1

Let me tell you--I have been harassed for years for this medical bill and although I continued to correspond to them, I was not able to really look into it until now.

Well, after they finally responded to my request and let me see PART of the details of the bill, they say it's too late for me to appeal.

I went to the emergency room for respiratory problems; I thought I had pneumonia. I had insurance BCBS. I asked them to check me for pneumonia and explained why.

The bill was for $4800.00+. My insurance paid all but !700.00+ 

Finally, I saw PART of the bill--

TURNS OUT THEY CHARGED ME FOR AMBULANCE!!!

I knew something was wrong! No one gets charged that much for emergency room visit to check for pneumonia. How in the Hell did they

charge me for being brought in an ambulance! My sons told me to calm down, but I told them, this crap always happens. 

They tested me for crazy things that did not have anything to do with respiratory. she checked my gall bladder. I am so angry.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:31 PM, Pioneer1 said:

that "Cash for Clunkers" shit that Obama pulled on the peole was another joke.
Here I was getting ready to turn in a couple old cars that had been just sitting in the lot barely running thinking I could get $600 for them each....and find out that turning in the car is only good for CREDIT TOWARD ANOTHER.

LOL. Oh no! But yeah. A trick. 

Obamacare stipulated that you had to have a job and a certain salary level to be approved for it.

If you did not clear at least $16,240.00 then you were not approved and had to get higher medical insurance.

For each month you did not get it, you owed $1640.00.

Thanks to my small business, I never had a problem, but a lot of African Americans owe a lot of back taxes today for this reason.

Minimum wage barely caused blue collar workers to even clear $1600.00 annually. 

At that time too, many jobs only offered parttime and no more than 35 hours to avoid the medical insurance loop.