The Chicago Defender Has Ceased Print Publication

This is actually old news, as the Defender killed its printed newspaper in July of 2019.  I just learned about it last week.  I try to maintain a list of Black owned newspapers

The Chicago Defender, founded in 1905, was perhaps the most prominent Black newspaper in the country (to bad The Defender, was not a beneficiary of Google's largess)

Troy

I'm not surpised.
I've told you many times before and I've been saying for years that the intellect of AfroAmerica has been declining....(until now...the riots by the youth in Minneapolis seems to be turning the tide on this decline)....since the early 80s!

The decline of our media publications like Jet Magazine and many other Black publications along with the Defender and many other Black publications are just an example of this intellectual decline because people of low intelligence generally don't like reading or having to think in a logical and analytical manner.

....or lack of it.

When you and others have questioned why I thought the schools closing down has probably been the best thing to happen for AfroAmerican children in decades and wondered why I am so critical of Western education -this is the reason.

The current academic system in the West has a negative affect on the intellect of African children and it HELPS cause intellectual decline. When we had our own schools IN the West during segregation....we produced far more authors, doctors, lawyers, writers, and other professionals than are coming out of these universities today.
AfroAmerican students of the past has PURPOSE and DIRECTION.
Today, most just want to get a degree so they can get a job working for Caucasians and continue to be further humiliated.

A good example is what happened to Omar Jiminez who was an AfroLatino CNN reporter who was arrested and hauled away on live television this morning when he was covering what happened in Minneapolis.

His degree in journalism and professionalism didn't protect him from the racist mistreatement he received at the hands of Minneapolis officers.

A great example of why we need OUR OWN media publications.