Police are a leading cause of death for Black men in the US

I'm proud of my young brothers in Minneapolis for standing up, but I wish our people would show this type of anger and demand for justice and change when AfroAmericans kill EACHOTHER.

Unfortunately, AfroAmerican men are more likely to be killed by OTHER AfroAmerican men than by police officers of any race. I don't say that to take away from the responibility of the police, but to put things in perspective. As a community, we need to get our priorities straight.

Troy, perhaps it's statements like THIS that makes you say that I'm not a Liberal....lol.

I believe there's a spiritual component to many of the problems that AfroAmericans face.
When we as a community are righteous and no longer commit atrocities among ourselves then we become strong enough to resist outside forces who attempt to aggress against us.

But hell.....
If you're just as wicked and murderous as the White Supremist or even more so, is it justice that the Divine support YOU over THEM?

For example-
Imagine you're in jail getting your ass kicked by a racist guard.
But YOU are a gang member who has shot and killed dozens of other AfroAmerican men.
Is that guard kicking your ass and calling you a nigg*r worse than YOU?

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

but I wish our people would show this type of anger and demand for justice and change when AfroAmericans kill EACHOTHER.

but to put things in perspective. As a community, we need to get our priorities straight.

we become strong enough to resist outside forces who attempt to aggress against us.

@Pioneer1 You are NOT looking at the bigger picture. So, maybe my constant anguish may help to understand what I mean:

Some years ago, 'I was drugged through the mud' so-to-speak by a lot of evil hateful Black women who put out false allegations against my husband and me. 

The judge was a Black woman and she cross the state lines to seize my children and had me and my husband jailed. An attorney I hired said that this woman, [and other Black women] hated me NOT MY HUSBAND BUT ME even though they never knew me. After a very long time, I was able to get media to expose the cover up that they seized my children with no evidence but tried to get my children to lie after they seized them to support their reasons. We were completely denied a court process until we got media coverage. Then, in court my attorney threw down a stack of PEDIATRICIAN REPORTS and said on record THE JUDGE NEVER SUPOENAED ANY MEDICAL RECORDS, etc. 

None of the allegations were founded. NO CHARGES WERE EVER APPLIED. However, we were never able to get back into court to sue for thousands of dollars we spent to prove this kind of abuse. Now, Pioneer, all of the BLACK WOMEN in the court and social services [except for my relatives] that conspired to break up our family were single Black women, never married and no children.

This judge has many times spoke about how she hated her father. She hates black men. But, she hated me--NOT MY HUSBAND--she blames me for being with a Black man. 

Nevertheless, I said all of this to say that I was and still am completely powerless due to this kind of Black-on-Black Hatred because it is the White System that gives these kind of Black women this kind of power to hurt Black families and Black people.

This judge resides over FAMILY COURT but she never has been married nor has any children. 

This goes back for thousands of years... Black-on-Black violence stems from White Supremacist systems that have been allowed to set up on the back of Black conflict that becomes escalated. So to focus on Black-on-Black violence and NOT realize the bigger picture will never help solve this problem. It will end though, but not until White Supremacy has been dealt with completely. That aspect has to be removed first. Until then, what can we do?

Behind those hateful BLack women the entire time was a bunch mocking non-Black women who were loving the fact that our babies were ripped away from us on complete lies that they knew were indeed LIES. I am still very angry about that too. They said some evil things to me. 

That had to have been a nightmare of an ordeal you and your husband went through.
You guys should keep fighting until you get all of your money back AND THEN SOME.

I agree with you that it is this evil racist system that makes many of our people act the way they do. Also if you read what I posted in another thread I also talk about how much of that evilness was already in Black people for millions of years before Caucasians even came into existence.....so you can't put it ALL on them.

However, yes it is the racist system that is the main culprit.

But like Al Sharpton said.....
If somebody came along and knocked you to the ground, it's THEIR fault for doing it but it's YOUR fault for staying down there!

Once it has been brought to the attention of AfroAmericans that drugs and guns have been put into their neighborhoods by racist Caucasians for the purpose of them killing eachother....yet they STILL rap about it, brag about it, and engage in the killing and dope dealing.....then it's THEIR fault as well, because they know better.

Most of our people not only know that Caucasians are racist, but they also know that much of what THEY are doing is wrong and harms the community....yet they continue to engage in it.
They only lament the CONSEQUENCES of their foolishness.

What happened with George Floyd shouldn't have happened on MANY levels.

One of those levels is the fact that out of 4 officers who were there on the scene...none of them were Black!

I've been to Minneapolis enough to know that there are a LOT of AfroAmericans and Africans there....enough to fill up the police department if they had the desire to do so.
Who's fault is it that so many racist police are on the force when AfroAmericans could literally TAKE OVER the police department and push them out if they had the will to do so?

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I agree with you that it is this evil racist system that makes many of our people act the way they do. Also if you read what I posted in another thread I also talk about how much of that evilness was already in Black people for millions of years before Caucasians even came into existence.....so you can't put it ALL on them.

THANK YOU! I will try to keep fighting; it's been a long road.

I agree but yet, that is separate from White Supremacy though. Black people WILLINGLY supporting White Supremacy is a reality too.

But like Al Sharpton said.....
If somebody came along and knocked you to the ground, it's THEIR fault for doing it but it's YOUR fault for staying down there!

No Way @Pioneer1 It is NOT George Floyd's fault for staying down there on the ground where he was knocked down!!!

then it's THEIR fault as well, because they know better.

Your blaming YOUTH. They need direction. 

enough to fill up the police department if they had the desire to do so.
Who's fault is it that so many racist police are on the force when AfroAmericans could literally TAKE OVER the police department and push them out if they had the will to do so?

If Black people could, Obama would still be president but they do NOT have that kind of power.

Pioneer the things you are saying on the back of the death of George Floyd is completely wrong.

You are totally disregarding the set up of this system and how millions of Black people were successfully enslaved.

Black-on-Black Hatred was used to set it up. Black victims became powerless due to Blacks that were used to enslaved them.

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Unfortunately, AfroAmerican men are more likely to be killed by OTHER AfroAmerican men than by police officers of any race. I don't say that to take away from the responibility of the police, but to put things in perspective. As a community, we need to get our priorities straight.
Troy, perhaps it's statements like THIS that makes you say that I'm not a Liberal....lol.

Yes, indeed this is a conservative talking point. 

The difference, and this is a big one, is that the police are paid to serve and PROTECT us, not murder us.  

Just face it man you are, overall,  a pretty conservative Brother.  That does not make you bad. As I've gotten older I've been a bit more conservative as well. 

Sorry to hear about your ordeal @Chevdove.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Sorry to hear about your ordeal @Chevdove.

Thank you very much. Heartfelt. @Troy 

3 hours ago, Maurice said:

sorry too to hear about your ordeal. It must've been truly awful.

Thank you much @Maurice It was truly a nightmare that I still relive a lot. However, I am grateful and try to focus 

on the incredible support I received from many people, and the fact that I won my children back. 

I had always wanted to be a 'motherly type mother' so I became a 'Stay-at-home-Mom' and it was for that reason

that I was viciously attacked. So when my babies were seized, it really was like 'death' to me. Nevertheless, there were 

a lot of 'motherly type women' and angry men of all walks of life that came to my rescue and today, I still love to reflect on that

kind of love of humanity. 

3 hours ago, Troy said:

As I've gotten older I've been a bit more conservative as well. 

LOL, I am not that much of a political person, but I wish I could better understand what it means to be 'conservative'.

Does that mean being more like 'a Republican' and what does 'being a Republican conservative really mean'.

Does it mean that many Republicans believe that Black people should be responsible for themselves and do not need government protection and support and provisions?

3 hours ago, Troy said:

The difference, and this is a big one, is that the police are paid to serve and PROTECT us, not murder us.  

THANK YOU!

Chev

It is NOT George Floyd's fault for staying down there on the ground where he was knocked down!!!

I'm not saying it was George's fault for what happened to him. My quote by Al Sharpton wasn't meant to indict George but to illustrate a point that it's OUR responsibility as AfroAmericans to protect ourselves and help ourselves.....not simply point the finger at Caucasians for our problems AND expect these people to solve them too!

Your blaming YOUTH. They need direction

Well now I'm PROUD of the youth!
I think many of the AfroAmerican youth of Minneapolis...and many other cities in America today...are headed in the right direction!

HE'S BEEN ARRESTED! FINALLY.

Still, I don't understand why it took so long.

Yes he's been arrested.... ONLY AFTER HALF THE CITY WAS BURNED DOWN TO FORCE THEM TO.
Hell, they even burned down a police station!

Which pretty much supports the same thing I said to Maurice in the other thread;  historically AfroAmericans have had to take to the streets to get some sort of justice.

But now that they finally arrest him, look what they charge him with- THIRD DEGREE MURDER/MANSLAUGHTER
.....which is basically almost the same as killing someone by accident or negligence.
This won't get him 10 years behind bars...if any time.....if convicted.

Troy

Yes, indeed this is a conservative talking point.

The difference, and this is a big one, is that the police are paid to serve and PROTECT us, not murder us.

Just face it man you are, overall, a pretty conservative Brother. That does not make you bad. As I've gotten older I've been a bit more conservative as well.

Yes it IS a Conservative talking point point but it is the truth AND it is common sense.
Just because Conserivatives use this point, doesn't mean it BELONGS to them.
Conservatives don't necessarily have a monopoly on certain points.  But many of them are smart enough to TAKE certain points that ring true and everyone with good sense agrees with....and adopts them as their own.
For example,  many Conservatives will look at a transgendered man who puts on a dress and calls himself a "woman" and talk about how ridiculous it is.....which is true....while a so-called "Progressive" will say we should accept that man AS a woman.

The fact that many AfroAmerican families are broken and dysfunctional is ALSO another point that Conservatives often use, but it is also THE TRUTH.  Just because Conservatives believe it it doesn't mean we should reject it.

This is why we as AfroAmericans need to start defining OUR OWN reality like Dr. Amos Wilson said; because too many of our people are being led around like a bull with a ring in it's nose. Letting Caucasians TELL THEM what they should believe, who is Conservative, who is Liberal, who is Baptist, and what is a Christian......instead of deciding the definitions for these terms OURSELVES.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Common sense and intelligent observation like we should own businesses and build strong healthy families shouldn't be tied to or considered "Conserivative" values or talking points.

Further...........

Yes the police have a reponsibility to serve and protect you AND your fellow citizen also has a responsibility to respect you and not harm you!  Everyone has some responsibility in this society, not JUST Caucasians or JUST our people.
Problem is, currently MORE direct violence is being caused to our people by OTHER AfroAmericans and this has been happening for the past 50 decades or so.  Again, this is just intelligent observation and common sense.....neither Conservatively nor Liberally owned.

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But now that they finally arrest him, look what they charge him with- THIRD DEGREE MURDER/MANSLAUGHTER
.....which is basically almost the same as killing someone by accident or negligence.
This won't get him 10 years behind bars...if any time.....if convicted.

True!!! We need to keep fighting because that is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Common sense and intelligent observation like we should own businesses and build strong healthy families shouldn't be tied to or considered "Conserivative" values or talking points.

Thank you.

• Like 1