When white folks say, “protest peacefully,” we mean “stop protesting.”

Those who have rarely been the target of organized police gangsterism are once again lecturing those who have about how best to respond to it.

Be peaceful, they implore, as protesters rise up in Minneapolis and across the country in response to the killing of George Floyd. This, coming from the same people who melted down when Colin Kaepernick took a knee — a decidedly peaceful type of protest. Because apparently, when white folks say, “protest peacefully,” we mean “stop protesting.”

Read the entire article by Tim Wise.

https://medium.com/@timjwise/violence-never-works-really-e0af884c03b4

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Troy said:

Read the entire article by Tim Wise.

I woke up and jumped right back in to finish reading this article!

i heard of Tim Wise before and was drawn to his comments. He's good! Man! This was an awesome article.

To speak of violence done by black people without uttering so much as a word about the violence done to them is perverse. ...

Even in the 1850s, during a period when black bodies were enslaved on forced labor camps known as plantations by the moral equivalent of kidnappers, respected white voices saw no issue worth addressing.

https://medium.com/@timjwise/violence-never-works-really-e0af884c03b4

Great statements! Now, I am thinking about Biden, I vaguely remember hearing briefly that 

he stated DOS did not need REPARATIONS, and wants Black people to vote for him!!!

Obama made the same statement; He does NOT believe in Reparations yet, they just gave out Economic Impact checks... hmh.

This system do NOT want to economically balance the DOS as a result of this FREE FORCED LABOR that has hurt us for centuries.

I say: Black people who have submitted to a HIGHER POWER need to be careful about ELECTIONS because HE loathes that

Voting System [Separation of Church & State] that set up on the backs of the enslavement of Black Africa.

'They'd Vote HIS own son JESUS out. LOL. 

HINT--the Hebrews were killed--the ground opened up and swallowed them up when A PETITION WAS RAISED TO

discard Moses and his brother Aaron out of their leadership positions. At no time was God's leaders allowed to 

be chosen by ELECTION. CLEROMANCY YES but choosing a person to be you leader and counting who chooses this person or that person--NO!!!

Be careful Black people. He loathes that voting system of the world and so, if he does 

not show up to help, this may be the reason why. But then again, if you don't vote, you will be severely

persecuted by this government; so that is why Eritreans vote every year for decades... and they keep

voting in their same INHERITED LEADER every year--they've been bullied by the Western World about voting... LOL.

NEVERTHELESS I still believe that LOOTING is human nature when the younger generation has been marginalized. 

HOWEVER, we should define PEACEFUL PROTESTING in our own way.

This system can out-violence us and I believed this is planned and we are being incited to be violent.

At this point we need to stop the looting and reacting violently.

We need to be on the FRONTLINES and shout it out!!!--But no violence. No to looting.