Protests regarding George Floydd

Guest Camila

Guest Camila

It was horrific what happened to George Floyd!!  I understand the anger and anxiety of the protesters and it is interesting to see white folks protesting with us.   This nonsense has  been going on for a long time.  What triggered whites to finally "appear" to wake up?   Well, in my opinion, we as black people need to bring up other issues while we have all this media attention.   Gentrification and job discrimination!!!!    White Degeneracy tactics are raising property taxes in black neighborhoods, raising the rents and therefore forcing black people to leave.   Who moves in?    WHITE FOLKS!       So...all these white people who protests at our sides  go back to their lily-white neighborhoods, to their lily-white jobs  (now they are working from home),  to sip coffee at their local lily-white Starbucks!   Oh...I forgot-now Starbucks is closed.

Camila

Hello, welcome to the site.

You said now is the time for us to bring up gentrification and job discrimination.

Got a question for you.......

Let's say you're working on a job that is VERY hard physically, gives you very few benefits, no breaks, and only pays you $7 an hour.......but all of your supervisors and managers talk nice to you.

But lately SOME...but not all....of the supervisors and managers have began talking abusively to you and berating you and some have even threatened to harm you insisting that you work harder while others still talk nice.

What would you do in that situation?

To Pioneer1,

Thank you for posing this question to me.   I would not allow myself to be subjected to this type of disrespect and abuse and would look for other employment and/or start a business.   I would also report this matter to the proper agencies.

• Thanks 1

Camila

I would not allow myself to be subjected to this type of disrespect and abuse and would look for other employment and/or start a business. I would also report this matter to the proper agencies.

So what I'm hearing is.....
Your answer to that type of abuse is to express your grievances but then LEAVE that abusive environment and for a better one or better yet CREATE one for yourself that would no doubt be far better!

Splendid!

Now apply this hypothetical to OUR REAL condition as AfroAmericans in the United States.

Instead of using this uprising as an oppportunity to complain TO racist Caucasians in power about OTHER racist Caucasians in power not treating us right, attempting to gentrify our neighborhoods, and discriminating....we should use this opportunity to not only express out outrage BUT ALSO announce our "permanent" vacation  from  "massa's planation" !

This is our opporunity to build a society of our own with our own economy, our own social systems, our own family structures, and our own institutions.

If Caucasians want to gentrify Harlem.....I say let them.
Take Washington Heights too while you're at it!
There are over 10,000 square miles of relatively undeveloped land in the REST of New York state that we as AfroAmericans can fan out into and develop for our livelihood

Now is the time to do so....

If Caucasians want to discriminate against AfroAmericans on the jobs, maybe we shouldn't be working for THEM in the first place anyway.
I don't know about you but I don't want Caucasians tell me what to do anyway.  
Never was too crazy about it.
When they hired me, I'd tell them to train me properly how to do the job and then get the hell out of my way....lol.

Instead of wasting time and energy trying to seek justice in THEIR society and live under THEIR rules and regulations.....
Maybe it's time for us to just establish our own businesses and make our own money and generate our own wealth and use our own wealth to make our own clothes and build our own houses and tell the Caucasians who don't like it to go straight to hell.

Unfortunately @Pioneer1 it teally is not that simple. We all have to learn to live together. 

I don't wanna have to build a brand new community in upstate new york from scratch.  We helped build and maintain communties all over the country and i want enjoy the fruit of our labor.

Even if we did set up our own private community. We can't create everything we need we have to engage in trade.  

Suppose our community is attacked who would fight with us. What about a neigborhing community poluting our water supply? Who will enforce our laws?

Man i could on and on with a million reasons why not only Black and white people need to work together, but why everyone on Earth does. 

Troy

I wasn't talkng about forming our own separate nation, although that's what we NEED to do.

I was talking about remaining citizens of this nation as AfroAmericans paying taxes and serving in offices but establishing our own institutions (banks, schools, buying property, ect.....) so that we are more independant citizens.

However since you asked the questions.....................

When you say "we" have to live together:

-We can all live together.

Or

-We can all live apart.

Or we can do BOTH with some choosing to live with Caucasians and others choosing not to.

I know you don't believe it but keep in mind I've said that Black people are TRILLIONS of years old and have been on this planet for TRILLIONS of years before the Caucasian even came into existence. How were we surviving THEN without them?

We don't need them to live, they need us.

Now, if we choose to live together.......

Then it become a question about who will be in charge.

If Caucasians are in charge, most of the Original peoples of the planet will not live in peace and comfort.
As I said in another thread, their nature is different than ours and If they are in charge they will build laws and a system that works great for THEM but will not agree with US.

However if WE (Original people) are in charge then ALL people's will live in relative comfort and relative peace including the Caucasian, although many of them would still have a strong desire to dominate.

But enough of my rambling, I don't want to jack Camila's thread.....lol.

London protests

On 1 June 2020 at 1:45 PM, Delano said:

I wouldn't be so sure they and their ilk having been present. As was mentioned that quite a few of those arrested were from out of state.

Might've been members of ANTIFA. Maybe.

10 hours ago, Guest QueenX said:

Let us not forget White people who are mentally challenged are also being killed by the police.So all lives matter'

image.png.ab87b209bec9e8adb318b21af91aa74e.png

image.thumb.png.f4ba95f10b478fdc5cb653270a6a2207.png

Ms. Tirado is one of a number of journalists around the country who were attacked, arrested or otherwise harassed — sometimes by police and sometimes by protesters — during their coverage of the uprisings that have erupted nationwide after the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/30/us/minneapolis-protests-press.html

*My Note: Ms. Tirado's eye is permanently lost. 

______________________________________________________________________________________ 

Police threw tear gas canisters into crowds of protesters demonstrating against police violence in cities across the country this weekend. ... Fort Wayne, Ind.,

one of those canisters hit 21-year-old Balin Brake, a weekend editor at a local television station.

image.png.b2cc0eb2ea3fa2aa4e249d54a68673e1.png

fresh out of post op. I might have to have surgery for broken bones in my face within weeks to come but

for now all that happened is I did end up losing my eye. This pales in comparison to the hardships

aftican americans have endured for decades. Stand up for what u believe in.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/500467-texas-journalist-loses-eye-to-tear-gas-canister-during

*My Note: His eye is permanently lost! Oh no! He is NOT in the military. He, nor anyone,

should have to suffer this kind of loss. This government should not harm its citizens in this way.

Period.

GET THIS!

13 Years ago, a White Woman was yanked out of her car by Derek Chauvin. Guess why!?

The incident "tainted every experience I've had with the police since then," Borton said.

Borton, who is white, said the episode gave her a very small glimpse into how many black Americans feel about police. …

It was there she learned the reason she had been stopped — going 10 miles over the speed limit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/minneapolis-woman-recalls-run-in-with-officer-charged-in-george-floyd-killing-i-lived-to-complain/ar-BB151h3r?ocid=msedgntp

*My NOte: This woman launched a complaint, a formal complaint.

ANd she explains that all he received was basically a slap on the hand.

IMO, Racism is a form of insanity and will negatively affect many others not intended to harm. 

A Florida police officer pushed a kneeling protester to the ground. Then his black colleague stepped in

By Scottie Andrew, Tina Burnside and Sara Weisfeldt, CNN

Updated 9:47 AM ET, Thu June 4, 2020

image.png.3c707a7ce0f4c6762bf5c4161c9922bd.png

Fort Lauderdale Police Officer Krystal Smith points at Officer Steven Pohorence after he shoved

a kneeling protester in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on Sunday, May 31.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/florida-police-shoves-protester-suspended-trnd/index.html

exclusive-portrait-session-with-actress-

Jane Fonda

“It’s important for white people to understand the benefit of white privilege.

Talk to me about that quickly if you can,” Lemon asked her.

Fonda replied: “Because we’re white, we have had privilege.

Even the poorest of us have had privilege.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jane-fonda-george-floyd-don-lemon-interview-cnn-watch-a9543426.html

• Thanks 1

Much respect to Officer Krystal Smith!

This is what I was waiting on!

AfroAmerican officers having the courage to step up and CHECK the hell out of these race-soldiers when they attempt to mistreat our people!

It's not talked about much -because as I've said the Caucasian media LOVES to talk about some AfroAmericans getting choked, stomped, and their ass kicked by Caucasians but NOT fighting back because it makes some of our people look like dumb rabbits or deer hunted down for sport- but there was an incident in Detroit right after the 1967 riots where some Black police officers newly hired to the force were being taughted and harassed by Caucasian officers in one of the precincts.

The Black officers got together and confronted them in the parking lot and a fight ensued and then a SHOOT OUT took place!
I'm not sure what the outcome was after that but from what I was told by some of the old-heads, Black officers stopped being harassed and got welcomed to the force as equals after that incident.

Guest QueenX

Just because one has a blue suit on that on that doesn't  give the them the right to kill any one.

The person could be black and attacking  an unarmed white person.Or  vice versa . Or the policeman could be black and beating up on other black people.

In that case is Black on Black crime. In Baltimore a black woman helped to arrest a black man.

In some incidents , the police are not doing their job. Because when you call them and you really need protection they  don't get involved.

When someone is innocent and minding their own business they wind up getting killed.