AfroAmerican Men Crying On Televison

It's getting a little tiring seeing so many grown ass AfroAmerican men getting on national television crying and carrying on.

I understand if you lost a loved one, it's natural to be deeply hurt and cry.
I cried when both of my Parents passed away.

I'm not saying AfroAmerican men should NEVER cry....but there's a time and place for everything.

I'm saying this in reference to so many AfroAmerican men who have been crying on television lately as a reaction to the George Floyd situation as well as the latest shooting in Atlanta.

Mr. Flyod's brother has a right to cry.
Mr. Brook's brother has a right to cry.
But some of these other negroes on the screen weeping and wailing...….

If it  WAS NOT  you or your loved one who experienced the pain and tragedy and you're just some distant relative who barely even knew the person killed but now you're all on television with tissues stuck to your face doing more crying and snotting than the man's own MOTHER.....maybe somebody needs to grab your ass by the collar.

AfroAmerican men getting on television and crying TOO MUCH will often times make them look weak and helpless and invite MORE targeting from the racists.
If they see too many AfroAmerican men crying and acting hopeless instead of  fighting back....it's almost like a green light for them to do more harm.

I can only imagine how men from around the world sit down and look at AfroAmerican men squealing and swaying and rubbing their eyes over being called a "n*gger" or because some Caucasian woman clutched her purse when he got on the elevator.
Crying because somebody looked at them wrong or didn't "treat them right" in a restaurant.
Crying over being a "Black man in America"
Crying over this....crying over that.

You ain't fighting....you're either running away with your pants half-way down your ass or you're crying.

How do these other men around the planet see us and think of us?

And what do OUR OWN WOMEN think of us?

Yeah a woman will tell a man he should express his emotions and it's alright to cry, but do MOST women really feel this way and find that attractive?

Too much crying by grown men makes them look immature....LITERALLY immature....like little boys who haven't grown intellectually.
It also makes many of them look emotionally unstable.

Most women don't want to be around a man who is ready to cry at the drop of a hat because she wonders what the hell will he be able to do FOR HER when SHE needs a shoulder to lean on !

Something bad happens in the family and your lady is crying her eyes out and now she's gotta STOP crying and offer YOU some damn tissue and rub your back on because you're doing more weeping and wailing and nose-blowing than HER on live television!

Anger and rage is much more of a masculine trait than crying and being depressed.
When tragedy strikes, most of the time a man will get enraged and become violent while most of the time women will ball up and go to bed and cry.
This is because anger and rage is much more masculine trait than crying.

Nature has made the man as such that when something terrible happens and tragedy strikes his community  he gets ANGRY an ENRAGED to go out and take action and do SOMETHING (even if he doesn't know what to do yet). 

We should all hope that we don't find ourselves in a position that makes us even WANT to cry out of pain; however  I must say I DO see something quite pathological about so many AfroAmerican men on television crying lately.
It's not enough that so many are dressing up in drag and putting on dresses and wigs and calling themselves "trans"  in an effort to no longer be men but instead become women.; but the overwhelming feeling of helplessness and hopelessness to the point that all some can do is cry, is disturbing.

Guest QueenX

Nothing wrong with crying as  long as you are a righteous man. The Macho men are the ones raping women and killing children.

They don't know how to be real men and are tearing this country down worse than the gay men.

Queen X

Well.......

Would you feel protected and secure if you had a husband who cried more than you?

I'm not talking about crying WHILE fighting or crying WHILE  making plans to take action and secure you.

I mean him laid back on the couch with streams of water running down his beard-stubbled brown face blinking and staring at the ceiling;  or him sitting at the dining room table with his arms folded and his head buried down in his arms bawling his eyes out not knowing WHAT to do.

Too often AfroAmericans (both men and women)  have to rely on CAUCASIAN MEN  (police officers, military men, and even "good" white neighbors) to come to their rescue and help them out because they don't have the motivation, confidence, training to get up and TAKE CHARGE of their own communities like Malik Shabazz used to teach.

You have a mixed race neighborhood and there are a pack of wild dogs on the loose attacking children...…

If they don't call animal services, chances are Caucasian men will get together with their guns and hunt down those dogs and try to either capture or kill them.

But what do you think most AfroAmerican men would do?

….. besides standing on the porch in some shorts and flip-flops with a cell phone stuck to their head running their mouth and looking crazy?

Listen to him:

People, technology and communication. Charismatic young black ...

"What?

Huh?

Say what?

Nigga I don't know!

Dey talkin' bout some DAAAWGS  runnin'  round the 'hood or some shit.

You seen any?

Huh?

Naw

Huh?

Naw man.

Naw nigga.... I don't see shit

I saaaiiid naw!

Huh?

((grrrowwllll))

Oh shit!.....hold own!

((RUFFF  RUFFF GRRRRRR ROOOOOAR))

((tumbling and noise in the background))

Ahhh shit.....aaawwwwwwooooooaaaawww"

*You MIGHT hear a "bang-bang" if some Caucasian men happen to be in the area, see him being attacked, and save his ass in time.

Too many of us haven't learned to GROW UP and be men and TAKE CHARGE of what's happening in our community.

Too many of our people wait on Caucasians to do EVERYTHING for them and have gotten used to doing so to the point they don't know how to do anything for themselves and feel helpless when confronted with a challenge.

Too many AfroAmerican men were raised by single women without RESPONSIBLE adult males in thier life to SHOW THEM how a responsible mature man is supposed to act and protect his family and community.  Because they didn't have a good MODEL many (not all....some just naturally know how to ACT like a man without having to see one)  of them act like they saw the women of their family acting when they were growing up thinking THAT'S how a man is supposed to react.

And how is that?
They start crying, calling on Jesus, and calling on as many Caucasian men as they can think of to come help them.

I wonder what would happen if there were no Caucasian men in the area to call on and we HAD to take care of all of our problems OURSELVES.

On 6/15/2020 at 12:54 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I cried when both of my Parents passed away.

Sorry to hear that! @Pioneer1

way.

I'm not saying AfroAmerican men should NEVER cry....but there's a time and place for everything.

Yes, I have to agree.

I'm saying this in reference to so many AfroAmerican men who have been crying on television lately as a reaction to the George Floyd situation as well as the latest shooting in Atlanta.

Mr. Flyod's brother has a right to cry.
Mr. Brook's brother has a right to cry.
But some of these other negroes on the screen weeping and wailing...….

BUT, you know, I think this may be a form of depression. Many Black people of this generation, are feeling helpless. They may be in shock and disbelief

as to what seems to be 'a repeat of history', a throwback from the Jim Crow days, and they never thought this would happen now, so therefore, they 

are reacting this way, showing that they are unprepared; caught off guard. 

We've been conditioned to believe that those days were long gone, a false conditioning, and now all of a sudden, we are witnessing this kind of 

race hatred and was not prepared. 

Black men in chattel slavery times had to cope with so much, when it came to their manhood being taken from them, and now this!

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Too many AfroAmerican men were raised by single women without RESPONSIBLE adult males in thier life to SHOW THEM how a responsible mature man is supposed to act and protect his family and community. 

YES! Sad but true. 

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I wonder what would happen if there were no Caucasian men in the area to call on and we HAD to take care of all of our problems OURSELVES.

Well, here's the point though, to this thought; 

we've been attacked for so long, that even if there were no White Caucasian men around, there would still be a problem for a long time. 

I just recently attended a funeral and my heart goes out to the inner strength of the family.

The Black family members were so elegant and regal, even in this time of grief. When a

young person passes away, I would expect hard grieving, but most of the family 

members carried themselves so well, that I was astounded. 

• Thanks 1

@Pioneer1 I think you need to leave Detroit.  The Black men you are apparently being exposed to are not representative of the Black men I most frequently encounter.

Here is the south, I'm pretty confident most Black men own a gun and would have no problem hunting down a pack of wild dogs terrorizing local children.

Some men are raised by single women, but most go on a do fine -- perhaps not optimal, but a far cry from the blubbering whims you've describe in great detail.

Lets focus on the positive brothers doing the right thing for the women, families, and communities.  🙂

Chev

BUT, you know, I think this may be a form of depression. Many Black people of this generation, are feeling helpless. They may be in shock and disbelief 
as to what seems to be 'a repeat of history', a throwback from the Jim Crow days, and they never thought this would happen now, so therefore, they  
are reacting this way, showing that they are unprepared; caught off guard.  

We've been conditioned to believe that those days were long gone, a false conditioning, and now all of a sudden, we are witnessing this kind of  
race hatred and was not prepared.  

AfroAmericans (especially the men) have been targeted by the police for decades, this is nothing new.  

Infact, on television now there is a lot of talk about "the talk" (as Caucasians have named it) that many AfroAmerican parents have with their sons about how to behave when they come into contact with law enforcement officers.   So our people have BEEN known that they were subjected to police brutality.

Why would they be caught off guard by something that happens on a routine basis?

Black men in chattel slavery times had to cope with so much, when it came to their manhood being taken from them, and now this! 

Sometimes, I wonder if the MANHOOD being taken away from some AfroAmerican men is the VERY REASON this is happening in the first place.

I don't see this happening to Arab men on a routine basis.

Well, here's the point though, to this thought;  
we've been attacked for so long, that even if there were no White Caucasian men around, there would still be a problem for a long time.  

I think you have a point to a certain extent!
However, I believe that most of the problems AfroAmericans have comes from CONFUSION.

Not just confusion from not being able to figure things out, but more importantly the confusion that comes DIRECTLY from Caucasians who insert it into our community to keep shit going.   If there were no more Caucasians constantly tossing rocks into our community and hiding their hands.....I gurantee you that within a generation or two ALL of the confusion will get sorted out and our community would be on the straight and progressive path.

We, as a race are IN TUNE with nature.
Like I said, we don't need "books" to civilize us or learn how to behave.  All Caucasians have to do is LEAVE US ALONE to our own devices and we would automatically gravitate towards our righteous and harmonious nature.

Troy

Here is the south, I'm pretty confident most Black men own a gun and would have no problem hunting down a pack of wild dogs terrorizing local children. 

Lol, well......I've lived in several southern states and didn't see AfroAmerican men come together to do anything like that.

I saw a lot of joking around and clowing by grown men.   

Infact, I saw a lot of AfroAmerican men down there calling Caucasian women "miss so-n-so" like slaves.

Some men are raised by single women, but most go on a do fine

It depends on what you regard as "fine".
If you mean they grow up and avoid getting killed or going to jail and manage to get good jobs and raise a family.....yes most can achieve that.

However WOMEN can do that.

Grow up?
Stay alive?
Avoid jail?
Have and raise children?

Yes, these are noteworthy achievements that should be honored, but the fact is BOTH men AND women can do this!

So what separates the men from the women?

What can you point to as a barometer that says ONLY a real man can get this done?

I'm not picking on men who were raised by only their mothers by the way, what I'm saying goes for AfroAmerican men in general even IF they had fathers in their lives because many times their own fathers don't know how to be REAL men who protect and secure their communities.

4 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

If you mean they grow up and avoid getting killed or going to jail and manage to get good jobs and raise a family.....yes most can achieve that.

Yep that is pretty much what I mean....

5 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

So what separates the men from the women that you can point to and say that this can only or mostly be done by REAL MEN?

Pioneer the America you seek does not exist. Women can vote and we may even see one as POTUS or Vice President in our life time.  Today women can serve in the armed forces and drop bombs from drones on innocent people, or stand idly by, as police officers, while another Black man is murdered.

Today, men are just women who are missing vaginas. Get used to it buddy.  I'm sure the non-binary movement has you shacking in your boots huh 😉

There. Are. Tears For. Black. People. Murdered. By. Black. Street. Gangs   Not. Seen.  On The News.  Black. Politicians ,NAACP-Black-Church.  People.  Are. Not. Angry.   For.   Street.   Gangs ,Murdering -Black.  People...It's.  Okay.  For.   Black.  Gangs. To. Genocide ,Black-People .

Troy

Pioneer the America you seek does not exist.

Not yet.
However I think it's in formation as we speak.

Like I told Chevdove
We are living in an ARTIFICIAL society where Caucasians continue to manipulate people and events that prevents things from taking it's natural course.

When Caucasians are no longer in power (whenever that happens) you will see both the males and females in our community settle into their NATURAL roles.
As long as Caucasians are manipulating society by locking up many AfroAmerican men, denying them good paying jobs, and getting many hooked on substances so that most are obsolete and unable to provide for themselves let alone anyone else - forcing the women to be not only the mother and father in the family but also the woman and the man in the community in general....you will continue to see dysfunction and confusion.

Take them OUT of the picture and the that distortion will correct itself almost immediately.

Harry B.

There. Are. Tears For. Black. People. Murdered. By. Black. Street. Gangs   Not. Seen.  On The News.  Black. Politicians ,NAACP-Black-Church.  People.  Are. Not. Angry.   For.   Street.   Gangs ,Murdering -Black.  People...It's.  Okay.  For.   Black.  Gangs. To. Genocide ,Black-People .

Minister Farrakhan said we are fighting a battle on TWO fronts.

An external enemy (White Supremacy) AND an internal enemy (Black thuggery).
Both enemies tend to feed off of eachother.

AfroAmericans slaughtering eachother takes away the moral power that is needed to properly and effectively defeat Caucasian racism.

22 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Take them OUT of the picture and the that distortion will correct itself almost immediately.

Wait, what?  Are you talking about removing white people from America, Earth?  What are you talking about?   Whatever it is lets try to keep it within the universe of possibilities.

Troy

Wait, what?  Are you talking about removing white people from America, Earth?  What are you talking about?   Whatever it is lets try to keep it within the universe of possibilities. 

I'm talking about Caucasians being removed from their positions of power and authority as is happening right now.

Caucasians will still have a presence on this planet for another thousands years or so, but they will not hold any power over people of color.

Oh, OK, you had be worried there. I thought you were talking genocide or something else crazy.

Seriously stress has different effects on people and some are under more stress than others. I've observed some really strange behaviors from people I'm aquainted with.

Talking direct violence on-line ???????

Perhaps you have me confused with brother Kareem.....lol.

I will say that the biggest problems Caucasians in the United States will face will come from THEMSELVES as they  destroy most of their own people in a prophecized and predicted 2nd Civil War they will have among themselves that they will not be able to prevent no matter how hard they try. 

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

you will see both the males and females in our community settle into their NATURAL roles.

By the way what are the "NATURAL" roles that you speak of for men and women. Are my roles as educatore, webmaster, bookseller, and nice guy natural for a man?

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Perhaps you have me confused with brother Kareem.....lol.

I thought he hacked your account for a second LOL!

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Caucasians in the United States will face will come from THEMSELVES as they  destroy most of their own people in a prophecized and predicted 2nd Civil War

Prophecized by whom, Nostradamus? What will be the factions of white people who will fight each other? It is not like the slave states taking up arms against the federal government. Will it be the Alt-right against the LGBTQIA+, the Republicans against the Democrats, or some other groups?

Troy

By the way what are the "NATURAL" roles that you speak of for men and women. Are my roles as educatore, webmaster, bookseller, and nice guy natural for a man? 

Those professions that you listed are SOCIALLY CONSTRUCTED occupations that can be practiced by EITHER men or women.  Them, as well as the ability to perform them has less to do with biological  chemistry and more to do with what occupation you choose and your level of intelligence.

The roles I speak of are more based in bio-chemistry that is hard-wired in the individual and isn't so much a matter of choice.
For example.......

Natural Roles of Man
Fighter/Defender -requiring an abundance of testosterone for muscular strength and aggression.

Father -requiring a penis, testicles, and sperm to deliver and fertilize an egg.

Natural Roles of Woman
Child bearer -requiring a womb and an abundance of estrogen and egg to be fertilized.

Prophecized by whom, Nostradamus? What will be the factions of white people who will fight each other? It is not like the slave states taking up arms against the federal government. Will it be the Alt-right against the LGBTQIA+, the Republicans against the Democrats, or some other groups? 

Those in power have known for over 100 years that the United States would have a 2nd Civl War because much of it is being orchestrated by them.   

I don't know the complete details of it but I believe these alt-right milita groups will be deputized by the various state governments and possibly even the Federal government....but their main targets will actually be other Caucasians.

Actually the powers-that-be in this nation will HELP AfroAmericans to get power but the average Caucasian citizens will not like that and will want to fight them over it.
The reasons why is because the powers-that-be ( also known as the elite, 1%, ect…..) KNOW that we as AfroAmericans are destined to be on top and rule because this is what has been predicted in most of their Secret Societies, but the average Caucasian DOESN'T know this and will become angry and confused about what is happening.

Although most of the fighting will be Caucasians fighting eachother, and some fighting among the races, there will be quite a bit of fighting among AfroAmericans as we take charge of our communities and a lot of good brothers will end up having to deal with the thugs, gangsters, and savages that have gained a foothold in our community and will have to be up-rooted.

Pioneer there is nothing that science that will change the "natural" role of men and women when it comes to procreation.

As far as defenders you and I both know there are some women who would be much better defenders than some men. Natural defenders has as much to do with characteristics that go beyond one's gender.  Didn't you watch Black Panther 😉?

The neighborhood I live in, indeed the ones many, if not most, American's live in do not have "thugs, gangsters, and savages" in them. So what you are saying will not resonate with a lot of people -- even Black ones. 

Sure, I've seen the characters you describe on TV, on programs like The Wire, but most people don't live in those conditions -- in fact, most people in Baltimore don't live in those conditions.

...But the civil war you speak of is already underway. Look at our political system and how fractured it is. Look at the alternative universes of Fox News and MS NBC. Maybe you are right about a 2nd civil war, but the 2nd war will be fought with technology manipulating minds and behavior not with guns.

Troy

Pioneer there is nothing that science that will change the "natural" role of men and women when it comes to procreation. 

That's why I say it's "hard wired".

This is my point....some things ARE set.

As far as defenders you and I both know there are some women who would be much better defenders than some men. Natural defenders has as much to do with characteristics that go beyond one's gender. 

While you're correct that SOME women would make bettter defenders, these are EXCEPTIONS...not the rule.
It's like saying some men like other men; while we know that SOME men are gay....most are not as a rule.

While human beings were created to be very versatile and be able to take on non-traditional roles if they have to.....males in general are clearly designed to be more suited for aggression, defense, physical combat, ect...

Maybe you are right about a 2nd civil war, but the 2nd war will be fought with technology manipulating minds and behavior not with guns. 

It's not a case of the 2nd Civil War "will" be fought, I believe it's already started.  
Many of these Caucasian militia groups are just waiting to be officially deputized (sanctioned by the government to do what they want).  They are going to turn on eachother and do FAR more harm to eachother than to AfroAmericans….however that doesn't necessarily solve the problem of GROSS STUPIDITY that so many of our people suffer from.  
Many AfroAmericans are in denial because they are confused and don't know what to do and this confusion as well as the love and desire for their open enemies will stall some of the progress that we will make in the coming weeks, months, and years.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

While you're correct that SOME women would make bettter defenders, these are EXCEPTIONS...not the rule.

My point is the "rule" should not be based upon one's gender (or sexuality or skin color).

The rule should be based upon who is best suited for the role - no matter what the role is.

There have been far too many situations in which people have been excluded from particular roles because of characteristics that have nothing to do with the skills required for the role. Collectively we all lose out because of this.  

Troy

My point is the "rule" should not be based upon one's gender (or sexuality or skin color). 

Perhaps you're correct, but  you'd have to admit that human society would be far more akward if people didn't make generalizations about eachother and instead took everyone on an individual basis as you suggest.

How long do you think your business would last if everytime someone offered to buy your merchandise you looked at them and asked,

How Corporate Distrust Is Reshaping Advertising – Adweek

"Well, yeah....but do you have enough money?
Because by looking at you....I can't tell!"

There have been far too many situations in which people have been excluded from particular roles because of characteristics that have nothing to do with the skills required for the role. Collectively we all lose out because of this.

What you're talking about is institutionalized discrimination.
That is different than personal assumptions and generalizations based on individual experiences.

Troy

Institutions are run by people. If those people believe in thqlstereotypes, like white supremacy. 

I understand, but it's not the same.
Institutionalized prejudices are far more dangerous than individual prejudices because it FORCES people into committing acts of hostitlity.

If you live around women who refuse to go out with AfroAmerican men based on person choice, as much as you don't like it you can't say they should be punished because it's a personal preference.
However if the city or state you lived in made it a LAW that women are not allowed to go out with AfroAmerican men....then it's no longer just a personal choice but an INSTITUTIONALIZED act of enforced discrimination that takes away the individual's freedom to choose.

See the  difference?

You really shouldn't compare individual choices and tastes with institutionalized discrimination in which a prejudiced standard is FORCED on the people.

No, I don't see the difference. Institutions are not autonomous or sentient entities. They reflect the will of the people who run them

But not necessarily the will of those SUBORDINATE to them, and that's the difference.

The consequences of personal prejudices and discriminatory behavior is ideally limited ONLY to the person holding those views and those they personally choose to interact with.

When discrimination and prejudice is INSTITUTIONALIZED then even those who don't share those views are forced to behave as if they do.

Clearly the two aren't the same.

Racist people run institutions that write antimesigenation laws. 

But again, NON-racists have to live under and by them.  And there again is the difference.

So you can't compare the severity of individual prejudice with institutonalized prejudice and discrimination.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

When discrimination and prejudice is INSTITUTIONALIZED then even those who don't share those views are forced to behave as if they do.

This does not last very long.  Institutions take time to create and by virtue of the fact that they are institutions they are necessarily slow moving.  There is a lag but institutions ultimately reflect the people who run them.  Give me a counter example?

Troy

Institutions take time to create and by virtue of the fact that they are institutions they are necessarily slow moving. 

Yes, but their effects are longer lasting.

Look at the residual effects that the "institution" of monogamous marriage STILL has on society despite having decades of freedom from it.

There is a lag but institutions ultimately reflect the people who run them.  Give me a counter example? 

AfroAmerican police officers.

Institutions usually reflect the people who FOUNDED them more so than the people who currently operate them or populate them.

The police as an institution in the United States was set up to protect private property and also to prevent slaves from escaping.
So the founders were racist Caucasian men who established a system that reflects their value of property over life.
AfroAmericans may become officers and even Chiefs and commanders inside the institution, but they still have a hard time trying to change and reform that institution because of it's very FOUNDATION.

Institutions have a way of changing the individuals who join them.

Not only do institutions share the values of those who establish them, but my point is that even those who DON'T share those values end up abiding by them and even ADOPTING them at some point out of necessity and in the name of getting along with collegeaus.

On 6/17/2020 at 1:37 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Why would they be caught off guard by something that happens on a routine basis?

@Pioneer1 You are so right in that this has been happening on a routine basis, however, with the lynching!!!? Man! This is even hard for me to grasp!

I was born in the 60s and by the time I was old enough to understand, I was conditioned that the lynching and Jim Crow aspect was long ago. I am not kidding! 

I was made to believe that it was a long time ago... and I was made to focus on a new Black wave. I was made to be captivated with Diana Ross and the Supremes, 

Motown, Aretha Franklin, the Fifth Demension, the Jackson Five, hoola hoops, Black baby dolls, jump ropes, five and dime candy, the astronauts going to the moon, Black Power, etc. I was completely distracted. 

Sometimes, I wonder if the MANHOOD being taken away from some AfroAmerican men is the VERY REASON this is happening in the first place.

I don't see this happening to Arab men on a routine basis.

Well, yes but, this is only one aspect, and the other more pressing aspect are the AfroAmerican men who have NOT given up their BIRTHRIGHT to be males!!! 

THANK GOD! I think that Black men are constantly being targeted because you guys are the beginning of God's strength--creation; that's why!--and the enemy does not like it. When mankind can accept that the first modern anatomically straight male originated from an African origin, then they are no different than even Black men, but the problem is that there is a strange presence on this earth and they do not want to accept this truth--White Supremacy! 

I think that Arab men and other kinds of men are attacked due to this same strange enemy but Black AFrican men will always be the main target for this kind of evil.

Not just confusion from not being able to figure things out, but more importantly the confusion that comes DIRECTLY from Caucasians who insert it into our community to keep shit going.

Yes! You are so right! 

we don't need "books" to civilize us or learn how to behave.  All Caucasians have to do is LEAVE US ALONE

Well, this will NOT happen, so therefore, we must have books. 

On 6/17/2020 at 1:52 PM, Troy said:

Pioneer the America you seek does not exist.

@Troy Truth.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Yes, but their effects are longer lasting.

True but they do change to mirror the people behind them.  Look, the country was founded on the principals of all freedom and liberty for all, and we are still working at accomplishing this 230 years later, because virtually all of the people in government were sexist white supremacists. As those people died off, or were voted out things begin to change.  Sure 45 represents some regression, but even he is a reflection of what the people want. 

Now that most reasonable people know he was a mistake, I'm confident to predict he will be booted out of office in 2020. Things will start to improve, for everyone, after 2020 for everyone barring a Russian invasion, another pandemic, or some other calamity.  

As far as your example with police departments.  They have changed a great deal -- even in my life time.  It was not long ago when minorities and women were excluded from the ranks of police officers. Today is a completely different picture in places like NYC.  Improving is a work in progress.

The cry for defunding the police is getting louder today.  Cities recognize that these departments need to be completely rebooted.  Police department need people reflect the values of the communities. The Police Department in Camden NJ did this: they fired everyone and hired the people willing to serve the communities and indications are that it was been an unqualified success!

Institution bend to the will of the people they are intended to serve.  They must, or they will collapse.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Troy said:

As far as your example with police departments.  They have changed a great deal -- even in my life time.  It was not long ago when minorities and women were excluded from the ranks of police officers. Today is a completely different picture in places like NYC.  Improving is a work in progress.

WOW! I didn't notice this. But this is true! Women Police Officers are so needed! Minority police offices is also a positive.

Chev

You are so right in that this has been happening on a routine basis, however, with the lynching!!!? Man! This is even hard for me to grasp! 
I was born in the 60s and by the time I was old enough to understand, I was conditioned that the lynching and Jim Crow aspect was long ago. I am not kidding!  
I was made to believe that it was a long time ago... and I was made to focus on a new Black wave. I was made to be captivated with Diana Ross and the Supremes,  
Motown, Aretha Franklin, the Fifth Demension, the Jackson Five, hoola hoops, Black baby dolls, jump ropes, five and dime candy, the astronauts going to the moon, Black Power, etc. I was completely distracted

Well, this is one of the main functions of Entertainment in Western society.....to distract people.

One of the reasons that the protests have grown so much and are so huge right now is because there's not a lot of sports or music programs on television right now to further distract the people.

Add that to the fact that nearly a third of the adult population ISN'T EVEN WORKING right now due to the virus and you have the perfect stew.

Since there are no sports or talent shows for them to watch, or even jobs for them to go to, people have little choice BUT to focus on the injustices in society now.....lol.

Well, yes but, this is only one aspect, and the other more pressing aspect are the AfroAmerican men who have NOT given up their BIRTHRIGHT to be males!!!  
THANK GOD! I think that Black men are constantly being targeted because you guys are the beginning of God's strength--creation; that's why!--and the enemy does not like it. When mankind can accept that the first modern anatomically straight male originated from an African origin, then they are no different than even Black men, but the problem is that there is a strange presence on this earth and they do not want to accept this truth--White Supremacy!  

To go along with what you said, one of the main reasons AfroAmericans in general are targeted by the White Supremacists is because we are the main people of color who actually criticize and challenge White Supremacy.

Most other people of color both in and outside of the United States have capitulated and succumb to it and have become willing slaves.

When you look at how Asians and Latinos are treated in society, although the White Supremacists in power seem to be giving them economic and political breaks....many of the average Caucasians on the street HATE them and commit BLATANT acts of racism against them.   But unlike most AfroAmericans, most of them don't fight back.  They just accept it, ignore it, and keep working to maintain the system.
Many AfroAmericans REFUSE to do so, which is why so many are targeted.

Troy

Now that most reasonable people know he was a mistake, I'm confident to predict he will be booted out of office in 2020. Things will start to improve, for everyone, after 2020 for everyone barring a Russian invasion, another pandemic, or some other calamity.   

I don't know about "everyone".
I predict things will DEFINATELY start to improve for AfroAmericans not only after 2020 but before this Summer is out!

There are a number of reasons why I believe this, but the Civil War that I say is already underway will be a major reason for this.

Just like the first Civil War benefited AfroAmericans.
I believe the second Civil War will benefit us also, but to a MUCH greater extent.

As far as your example with police departments.  They have changed a great deal -- even in my life time.  It was not long ago when minorities and women were excluded from the ranks of police officers. Today is a completely different picture in places like NYC.  Improving is a work in progress. 

Clearly things have changed on a SURFACE level, but have they changed for the BETTER?

Since your childhood (and mind) we have seen the police become more militarized, more killing of civilians by law enforcement, the prison industrial complex grow.....all with more "minorities" and women added to the force to add to the confusion.

In the case of New York.......
It could be argued that the "powers that be" had decided to add more AfroAmerican and Puerto Rican officers to the NYPD so that THEY can do the dirty work and handle their own people so that the Caucasian officers don't have to get their hands dirty.

Look at how some of the non-Caucasian and female NYPD officers you speak of GO AFTER the AfroAmerican kid even though it was the Caucasian boys who were the ones talking the most shit.

Institution bend to the will of the people they are intended to serve. 

I agree.
The question is WHO were the various police departments around the nation intended to serve?

If they were intended to serve the interests of wealth Caucasians, they have been and are doing JUST THAT.

Troy @Troy

I just looked at the breaking news that New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut just announced they will quarantine people coming from states with high Covid-19 cases that are mostly in the South.

I believe THIS ACTION by those three states has just now made the ongoing Civil War MUCH MUCH hotter.

Don't be suprised if some of the southern states don't retaliate against the citizens as well as the governments of New York, New Jersey, and other East Coast states!

I'm interested in what you have to say about this as well as how you think it will affect YOU going back home from time to time since Florida is on the quarantine list.

Are you willing to be quarantined for 14 days just to go back home?

I have no immediate plans to visit NYC, so I'm not sure I'll be effected @Pioneer1.

I however have my two daughters from NYC visiting. I'll let you know how NYC treats them when they go back.

Interestingly, Florida is has reopened. Went to the beach yesterday, bars and restaurants are wide open as new inffections and hospitalizations increase.

Troy

Interestingly, Florida is has reopened. Went to the beach yesterday, bars and restaurants are wide open as new inffections and hospitalizations increase. 

Ofcourse they are re-opening.
Like they're doing in Texas, California, and all over because they value money over human life.
Those who own businesses and were making money hand over first BEFORE the crisis don't give a damn if HALF of the population drops dead, as long as they can keep on making money and getting rich.

This is one of the reasons I've warned AfroAmericans NOT to imitate and follow the  behavior of Caucasians.  
Because their allegiance is to "the system" many of them don't care whether THEY live or die let alone others and....I'm sure you're not going to believe this....some KNOW they aren't going to get sick because they have protections against the virus that they haven't shared with people of color.

So they flock to beaches, to bars, and other places seemingly not caring and many AfroAmericans see THEM engaging in this reckless behavior and start doing it themselves but the consequences aren't the same.

This is why I didn't back Kareem's suggesting that the virus wasn't real or that it wasn't affecting Black people.

The virus is real, regardless as to it's origins.

Infact, Minster Farrkahan told his followers not too long ago to STAY INSIDE and continue to stay home and stay safe REGARDLESS as to whether or not society says it's safe to open back up.   And do this until he gives further instructions on what to do.

I think this is good advice and I'm STILL using safety precautions avoid crowds, and haven't went back to my main 9-5 job yet although many have returned.

2 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

This is why I didn't back Kareem's suggesting that the virus wasn't real or that it wasn't affecting Black people.

The virus is real, regardless as to it's origins.

Nothing Kareem saud was backed by the news or science. Nothing in his Blog (did you ever read his blog) posts ever came to pass. That is why he never came back, cause he was a troll or not willing to swallow his words.

5 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm sure you're not going to believe this....some KNOW they aren't going to get sick because they have protections against the virus that they haven't shared with people of color.

No, i agree with you. Just not for the same reason. Wealth inequality is powerful tool to protect rich white folks.

8 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm STILL using safety precautions avoid crowds, and haven't went back to my main 9-5 job yet although many have returned.

You are fortunate to have this option, many people do not. Which again is why wealthy people who are disproportionately white are relatively safe or will be properly cared fornuf infected ... unlike most of us.

Well, a good third of the AfroAmerican men in society WEREN'T working to begin with before this crisis started.  And I'm not even counting the hundreds of thousands locked away in jails and prisons.  I know the government was touting all of these low unemployment figures for AfroAmerican men before the pandemic, but most of these figures are straight up LIES.

They...like now......only counted those who were RECEIVING UNEMPLOYMENT as being "unemployed".
Which means if you are locked up, homeless, quit your job, or never had one....although you don't work YOU DON'T COUNT as being "unemployed".

It's like saying ONLY those who have been diagnosed and admitted into a hospital are "sick".  
All of those who may feel ill but choose not to go to a hospital, all of those in the emergency room waiting to be seen but haven't been diagnosed yet, and all of those who are still sick but were discharged from the hospital....they don't count in the figures as being "sick".
ONLY those who are diagnosed and still in a hospital room will be counted as "sick"!

This is how ridiculous the unemployment indicators are.

So as far as I'm concerned,  I....like most AfroAmerican men in this society...don't have too much to lose when it comes to jobs in the first place.
I see this is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for us.

Caucasians already have started their "re-opening" and many never closed to begin with.

I'm not sure about Florida, but what I see going on in Michigan is since the shut-down a lot of Caucasian business owners have hired a LOT MORE illegal immigrants to do their construction and yard work and not requiring them to practice ANY safety precautions.

Many restuarants, stores, and other businesses may be closed but when you drive around you see hundreds of small brown men crowded together working in yards, working on residential construction projects, and digging ditches with NO MASKS on, no gloves, and packed together in pick-up trucks and other vehicles chatting away in Espanol and grinning like nothing is wrong.

You might see a couple Caucasian men there with them working in a seperate area or driving the trucks but the vast majority are brown skinned Metizo/Meso men.

And now I'm seeing an increasing amount of Meztiza WOMEN and CHILDREN working along side the men because the schools and many of the other businesses they would ordinarily be attending or working at are still closed....so they are all working outside together to make money.  
And hardly any of them are they wearing masks or gloves or social distancing.

And no one is making them do it.

As I drive by and see this madness, part of me wants to roll down the window and shout out, 
"Necesitas un mascara!
Necesitas mas despacio!"

But something tells me that most wouldn't pay attention to it anyway and are going to continue to do what they want to do until a WHITE MAN tells them otherwise.