We are not that sensitive nor do we need charity

Guest Nathanial Essex

Guest Nathanial Essex

Hi all

The above is an opinion I have. In the wake of the BLM protest, I've noticed a lot of media have taken advantage of this situation to remove what they seem to be racially insensitive content. For example here in the UK a number of shows, mostly comedy, have had episodes removed where a white actor portrays a black individual.  There is also more talk about giving black people more positions in companies, creating award categories for black people etc. 

My opinion again, we need equality in the law. BLM is about police brutality. Not comedic acts no one cares about or given charity at the Oscars. 

Nathanial

Welcome to the site.
I have MAJOR respect for the Africans in the United Kingdom!

Having dealt with British Africans on various occasions I see them collectively as very smart, sophisticated, and even militant in defending themselves against the racism they encounter over there on a routine basis.

I was  VERY impressed at how some of the African men handled business over the weekend in London with those racists who attempted to harass African protesters and ended up getting their asses (arses...lol.... ?) beaten.

The African men in the United States could learn some lessons from Africans in the UK on how to behave and handle racist Caucasians.

As far as the subject of your thread.....

I personally believe we should focus much more on attaining OUR OWN media outlets so that we can portray ourselves how WE want to, instead of focusing so much on Caucasian owned outlets and trying to force them to do the right thing.

On 6/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, Guest Nathanial Essex said:

My opinion again, we need equality in the law. BLM is about police brutality. Not comedic acts no one cares about

Greetings Nathanial Essex. Well, maybe the government is now viewing blackface as 'mockery of Black people' and in a sense, they may also

view the police brutality as racist people mocking Black Lives. So perhaps this BLM protest has caused this subject to be dealt with because, recently

there has been protest in the country of the Netherlands about 'Swarte Piet' [Black Pete] in parades, where black face is displayed.

Thank you for you thoughts.