Candice Owens versus Marc Lamont Hill

That’s all the better. You will be able to highlight the gaps in common understanding and what is presented in the movie 🎥

By the time you read this you probably have watched the movie. I believe there’s a big misunderstanding of what the core principles of Black Conservatism is. Although I do think you were correct in your earlier comment about the how really conservatives Blacks are in their true core values of the past generations.

i believe their has been a failure of White Republicans and the GOP to accurately understand the Black Community. They suffer from the same degree of racist liberalism as the Democrats.

This is why political participation is about which party can move your community forward. To understand the what is best one needs to look at core principles. We also have to look at terms we use and have common definitions. 

Self reliance doesn’t mean isolation. We need to recognize and agree on concrete goals and objectives. That was one of the things that made the civil rights movement so successful and memorable..

The biggest challenge today is the proper setting of expectations and dial back points. Let’s look at Kneeling.

Why are people still kneeling? At this point people are advocating for things which will only cause more deaths in the Black Community without any gains. Why because Kapernick was and is a poison pill 💊

He used the emotional issue of perceived poor relationships with police and the Black Community. While the relationship was not perfect, there had been huge progress. One of the problems in recognizing this was the cultural memory of the past. 

When I was in college and we were fighting to get a Black Studies Department (a continuation and realization of the struggles of past students) I remember arguing with Giles Wright of the New Jersey Black Historical Society that to discuss Black history we needed to go beyond slavery to look at Africa. Even though I wrote A papers for other students, my grade in the class was a C.

If the teacher was White, I could have cried Racism, it was just poor tactical analysis on my part. One of the best books to read is The Spook Who Sat By The Door. It’s unrealistic only in the point that there are too many failsafes and antagonist forces inside and outside the country for such a plot to work.

Well I have to study my Spanish before I start my work day. 

I watch the movie last night, but will watch it again before i review it.

Initially my impression is that the film focuses on the notion that Black people need to get an education and work hard to achieve in this country. We don't the government's help. Indeed government intervention has done more harm than good.

Further it was Republicans not Democrats who have been responsible for enacting legislation that have benefited Black the most -- from Lincoln, who emancipated the enslaved; to Trump, who is not afraid to stand up to the liberal media and tell Black people the truth. Obama proved that the country is no longer racist, but ultimately was a profound disappointment because he ultimately played the "race card."

I wonder why Thomas Sowell, who was frequently referenced and obviously revered, did not appear. Candace Owens was highlighted quite a bit. Perhaps the filmmaker perferred her optics over Sowell's.

While the film will certainly inspire Black Republicans, it will fail at its obvious goal of getting Black Democrats to become Republicans. I will attempt to explain why I believe this when I write my review. But basically you'd have to largely reject the work of The Equal Justice Initiative and the writings of Michelle Alexander.

You'd also have to overlook the fact that Obama began his presidency by being called a liar to his face during a session of Congress and the Republicans followed by doing everything in their power to make him a failed president. Trump continued this by reversing everything Obama did while claiming credit from Obama's accomplishments. And no I did not cry when Obama won. I do not blindly worship him as the film seems to indicate that all Black people do.

@daniellegfny why do you think the film was shot in black and white?

Our government's participation, or lack there of, has determined where how well or badly Black people have been treated.

You'll get no argument from me about how Bill Clinton's legislation has hurt Black people and how American's slavish devotion to the Democratic party has led our vote to be marginalized and taken for granted ...

At the same time 45's, gutting of the EPA spells disaster for all American's, but especially for Black american's because our neighborhoods are the one most  likely to be polluted.

1 hour ago, daniellegfny said:

For emotional impact and to implant the concepts subconsciously.

Interesting.  I wonder if that will really make a difference.

It's funny to hear AfroAmericans "mimic" Caucasian politicians and attempt to articulate the artificial political arguments they see being engaged in by Caucasian political ACTORS....lol.  ((You DO know they are "acting" right?  Surely you're not gullible enough to believe the same racists who argue with eachother on the floors of Congress during the day but have cocktails with eachother and swap wives/husbands with eachother at night  are actually SERIOUS political enemies, right?))

Where was the EPA and these other "environmental groups" during the Flint Water Crisis that is STILL ongoing?

It took an Indian female doctor to notice how so many AfroAmerican children were developing rashes and exhibiting behavioral problems to realize that something was seriously wrong with the AfroAmerican children in Flint and that's how the poisioning of the city was exposed!

If it wasn't for this woman of color exposing it-
If we had to rely on these Caucasian managed Environmental organizations to expose it, it would have NEVER gotten out.
Even the racist Republican Governor himself (Snyder) was in on it and knew they were being poisoned!

AfroAmerican communities across the United States are being INTENTIONALLY polluted and poisoned to keep many of the people sick and stupid....and thus under more control.

Imagine if the shoe was on the OTHER foot and a mostly Black state government was discovered to have poisoned a mostly White city!
You wouldn't just see a handful of middle-aged white women out holding signs....hell naw.
If that had been done to THEM there would have been a CIVIL WAR over it and Caucasians all over the country (and Canada) would be packing the freeways with their rifles and pictures of little white babies laying sick in hospitals with their red-mouths open.....all headed to that mostly Black state looking for war.

Troy, you lament MY harsh criticizm of AfroAmericans and my saying that so many are socio-pathic and DO NOT CARE about their own people or even their own children; but the proof is in the pudding.  Look at how OUR people respond when their own children are chemically attacked and poisoned by racists.
Don't tell me Caucasians would have responded the same.

You may say, "Well Pioneer1, the poisoned water was wrong but what could they DO about it besides what they're already doing?"
It's not a matter of not knowing what TO do and what NOT to do.
I'm telling you many if not most AfroAmericans DON'T CARE....so  they aren't even asking the question.

In the 4 years since it has been discovered that MANY MORE  AfroAmericans communities from Philadelphia to Chicago are STILL being poisoned with lead in their water and ARE NOT doing anything about it.
And while THEIR children (literally...because many of them have young children) are being poisoned, you have THOUSANDS of well paid well educated negroes on the city councils, state boards, and district councils who aren't doing a damn thing about it.
They are busy dressing up in the finest suits, spraying on cheap perfume, and going to the fanciest restaurants to get drunk and stuff as much shrimp as they can get in their mouths with the money they're getting from holding office and doing absolutely NOTHING besides sitting there with stupid looks on their greasy faces while Caucasians actually run the show.

Now the CDC is talking about sending children back into the classroom during a PANDEMIC!
You KNOW they are targeting AfroAmerican children.
No way in HELL Caucasians are going to send their OWN children back into a toxic soup environment like that, they want to send BLACK children first!

Now how many AFROAMERICAN parents do you hear fighting back and demanding an end to this madness?
If the state of Florida actually tried to MAKE the children go back to school during this pandemic....how many AfroAmerican parents love their children enough to even fight back?

Larry Elder should thank you @daniellegfnyhttps://aalbc.com/authors/author.php?author_name=Larry+Elder I should get to the film review next week.

@Pioneer1 enslaved Africans let massa rape their women (often children), sell their family away, and beat them sometimes to death.  I guess none of these Negroes loved their people either huh?

On the Environmental Issue I was listening to Tom Steyer on Bloomberg expressing a similar perspective about economic justice. Certain things I am not sure they take into consideration.

1. Migration 

2. Poverty is Color Blind

3. The process of lack of Enforcement 

As part of the clean city program in Newark, one of the biggest problems faced was dumping. Dumping occurs primarily in isolated areas where there is little law enforcement presence.

I remember when I was in college and was fudging on a Filming Making class by splicing films my father had taken. Because I didn’t watch the films completely I didn’t catch the date when my father gave the date of a dumping incident the uncovered. I was busted and embarrassed 😳

I'm not wasting time watching that garbage.

That moon-faced clown (Larry Elder) doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.  Like most AfroAmerican "conservatives" he's not in ANY position of authority to make laws or policies or take any away that affect AfroAmericans or anyone else.
All he can do is TALK....run his mouth and give his opinion on what he THINKS is happening or has happened in America.
But he doesn't KNOW, especially the full story about what is happening in America because most of those racist Caucasians in power who REALLY run the nation aren't sharing this information with him, or me, or us.
They don't even share it with Tim Scott or Clarence Thomas....of the arguably most powerful Black Conservatives in the nation.

Larry, he doesn't know about the chemical warfare on the AfroAmerican community or how some medicines have been weaponized to make AfroAmericans act the way they do....all he knows is the RESULTS of this assault.  So he bases his opinions on what's wrong with the contemporary AfroAmerican community mostly out of ignorance.

This impotent (lacking power) negro running his mouth about Black folks...is like a little boy sitting in the back seat of an SUV  running his mouth about the other little kids at school while mommy and daddy (Caucasian Republicans in power) are up front driving and talking REAL business.  They may nod their heads and  say "yeah" or  "uh huh" occasionally if little Larry begs them for a treat or seeks some attention....lol.
Other than that, he doesn't count to them.
If he runs his mouth too much they'll reach back and pop him on the knee and tell him to be quiet like they do the other Black Conservatives who get out of line.....lol.

Get real.

Where is Cynique when you need her, lol.

Troy

enslaved Africans let massa rape their women (often children), sell their family away, and beat them sometimes to death.  I guess none of these Negroes loved their people either huh?

Some of them didn't.
Many of them didn't.
Infact, a LOT of them didn't and even sold their own people out not caring what would happen to them.

Now you never know what you may do when you are placed in certain situations but a lot of people.....especially after seeing they are up against a formidable enemy and didn't have a lot of hope in defeating them and knew what type of hell their children and future generations would catch under such demonic dominate.....would KILL THEIR OWN WOMEN, THEIR OWN CHILDREN, AND FINALLY THEMSELVES.

....before allowing such a terrible fate to fall upon their people.

Would it be right?
Would it be wrong?
I don't know one way or the other.

However I can understand how a man who REALLY DOES CARE about his women and children and would want to do what was best for THEM (and not just himself) would rather take them out swiftly, than see them be captured by Satan so that his wives are repeatedly raped and humiliated and his children are enslaved and tortured into submission.
Especially those....like the Native Americans...who strongly believed in an Afterlife.

A man who doesn't give a damn about them and only cares about himself would first try to RUN AWAY leaving his women and children behind to be...whatever.
And if that didn't work and they brought him back; he would make deals with the devil hoping they would spare HIS life and not beat HIM as much.   But as far as his women and children, he wouldn't raise a fist to stop them from doing whatever they wanted to them.
As far as he was concerned....if they lived, good...if not....he'd push on and probably even try to start another family.

daniel

2. Poverty is Color Blind

But those who impliment poverty and the conditions that make it aren't.

@Pioneer1 while I can't speak for @Cynique I'm not so sure she would be as closed minded as you, not to even consider watching the movie. It would be interesting to hear what see thinks. But that boat has sailed...

Now I will admit the film did not provide any revelations to me and was created to appeal to viewers on an emotional level. Which in my mind makes it propaganda, but many so called documentaries -- indeed most movies -- are propaganda.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now you never know what you may do when you are placed in certain situations but a lot of people.....

Pioneer this is true. It is also true that we can not know the mental state of the people in those situations we surmise based upon a wide variety of criteria...

Pioneer have you ever raised biological children?

Troy

Cynique would probably watch the movie but I'm sure her views that were generally speaking AGAINST Black Conservative wouldn't be swayed one iota.
The ONLY thing that would sway her opinions of it would be whether or not I agreed with it.....lol.

Pioneer have you ever raised biological children?

Lol......
Do I SOUND like someone whom women with good sense would have children by and help them raise?

On 7/24/2020 at 4:52 AM, daniellegfny said:

Let’s look at Kneeling.

Why are people still kneeling? At this point people are advocating for things which will only cause more deaths in the Black Community without any gains. Why because Kapernick was and is a poison pill 💊

WOW! Really!? Well, this is a different viewpoint for me, one that I will definitely think about.

I didn't realize people are kneeling and advocating for what things or, is this another way of saying people are still protesting and doing peaceful marches?

I am also thinking, 'What kind of things would be of no use to do a peaceful protest? That is what I am wondering about for now. 

And also, if people don't kneel or don't protest, then what would be the solution to appeal to this government; voting Republican?

"Kapernick was and is a poison pill" [?]

I just don't understand this take. I don't how he is poison to what was already going on. Sure, he may be blamed for furthering a cause but, the incidences of police brutality was already happening and, I kind of feel like this was going to escalate anyway, no matter what Kapernick did or anybody else for that matter. 

On 7/24/2020 at 6:14 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Now how many AFROAMERICAN parents do you hear fighting back and demanding an end to this madness?
If the state of Florida actually tried to MAKE the children go back to school during this pandemic....how many AfroAmerican parents love their children enough to even fight back?

@Pioneer1 Even you sound 'defeated and disheartened' about this system in your statements and in your beliefs about Black people NOT caring. You seem to be describing Black people from a position of emotional exhaustion due to the aggressiveness of this system. And, even in your statements about Africa, a continent that is 3 times larger than America, you can't really believe that they initiated this Black-on-Black Hatred that goes throughout the world. 

You may be giving up hope on Black people having peace amongst each other, but that is what happens when we don't believe in ancient scripts of Kemet and other ancient Black civilizations to rely upon. We lose hope. No accountability. 

If we want to attain a peaceful world, we have to look back at the mistakes made in the past and correct them.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm not wasting time watching that garbage.

LOL. I am not feeling it either, although, I would like to hear more from @Troy then, I think I might check it out.

Chev

Honestly.......

It's not a matter of giving up hope.
It's a matter of re-assesing my priorities and closely examining my beliefs and their validity.

I'm seriously beginning to question whether or not MOST AfroAmericans are worth fighting for or unifying with.

And should I just focus on uniting with like minded AfroAmericans in whom we all share similar major goals and values with and try to  form a community with them and not worry about the rest of AfroAmerica.....especially when so many aren't worried about themselves collectively.

In other words, I don't want to waste my time and the time of other AfroAmericans who really do care about our future.

Chev, think about it.
Most people who are arguing about the conditions of Black people are a handful of Black people who may have different religions and ideologies but they ALL CARE.
Which is why they are passionate and argue with eachother over the solutions to the Black nation.
But the niggaz they are arguing over DON'T CARE.....lol.
They would walk past the room, the studio, or whereever the discussion is taking place and wouldn't give 2 damns about what 7 or 8 AfroAmericans sitting around in a circle with their legs crossed and some papers in their laps are talking about!
They're looking for some weed to smoke, or some people to harass and beg some money out of!

Why should you...I.....or Troy...come on here arguing with eachother over the cause and extent of the problems of the AfroAmerican community when a large percentage of the people we're arguing ABOUT don't give a damn about themselves or their own children?

It would be better for us to focus on our own separate project WHILE living in the same neighborhood and agreeing to watch eachother's backs from the "evil that lurks without" so to speak.

I guess this "lock down" has given a lot of people in America.....including myself....a lot of time to really sit down and think and reflect on a lot of things.....lol.

I don’t argue. Kaepernick is a poison pill because he had no clear objective except the destruction of the United States. I have not seen a Socialist society provide more the death and misery for its people. It’s ok if people have given up on coexistence. I have witnessed the improvement of conditions for Black People in America. It’s sad that we are caught in vice grip between those who don’t want us to succeed and those who just want to feed chaos to feed their sick souls. 

I have been homeless and on welfare. I now earn over $100K per year. I am working on earning, savings and investing $1 million dollars 💵 or more a year within the next 5 years. Poverty is the result of choices and not a permanent position in this society. 

I constantly have to remind myself not to get sucked into discussions which distract from progress. Massive military forces are destabilizing Africa. China is positioning itself to be it next Master. If we don’t continue to build up our financial situation, we can’t finance the security to protect our neighborhoods. Right now they are being turned over to the gangs, moochers and looters. 

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I guess this "lock down" has given a lot of people in America.....including myself....a lot of time to really sit down and think and reflect on a lot of things.....lol.

Yes! It seems like this lock down is causing some of us to go a little 'stir crazy'--me included!

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Why should you...I.....or Troy...come on here arguing with eachother over the cause and extent of the problems of the AfroAmerican community when a large percentage of the people we're arguing ABOUT don't give a damn about themselves or their own children?

Well, I think that maybe many of the Black people have done the same as you and have come to believe that it's a waste of time to care about other Black people being harmed. This system has been attacking us so much that maybe we are not focusing on issues in a healthy way but instead have turned and become frustrated with each other. And yes, it's difficult to see the bigger picture when we narrow the focus to negative Black people, but @Pioneer1 maybe, the younger generation are lost because of our past ineffective Black leaders. The younger generation have been victimized and have become disconnected in many ways. So maybe we should not focus on the negative but keep hope for a positive solution. 

8 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

...It’s ok if people have given up on coexistence. I have witnessed the improvement of conditions for Black People in America. It’s sad that we are caught in vice grip between those who don’t want us to succeed...

Yes, I understand that many people don't want others to succeed and I definitely believe that for some Black people, their conditions have been an improvement here in America.

...those who just want to feed chaos to feed their sick souls. 

I would agree that there are people who only want to feed chaos and have bad spirits

I have been homeless and on welfare. I now earn over $100K per year. ... Poverty is the result of choices and not a permanent position in this society. 

I too have been homeless and on welfare and I am still poor. I agree that poverty is the result of choices and I continue to agree with my choices that unfortunately has caused me to still be poor. But I disagree in that poverty in this society is 'not a permanent position'. For me, in this society my poverty will continue to be permanent but, I do have hope that things will change for me with the help of positive people that may be inspired to fight against human sacrifice and human rights violations.

I constantly have to remind myself not to get sucked into discussions which distract from progress.

Well, I hope that I have not distracted you from progress.

I don’t argue. Kaepernick is a poison pill because he had no clear objective except the destruction of the United States.

Okay, I can respect your decisions. But I believe that Kaepernick's choice can't destroy America. 

17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Do I SOUND like someone whom women with good sense would have children by and help them raise?

Yes. One would never go wrong underestimating the quality of Brothers women choose to become impregnated by.

16 hours ago, Chevdove said:

You may be giving up hope on Black people having peace amongst each other, but that is what happens when we don't believe in ancient scripts of Kemet and other ancient Black civilizations to rely upon. We lose hope. No accountability. 

True. This reminds me of a book you might like @Chevdove Sacred Woman the 20th anniversary edition is coming out in September. Send your address troy@aalbc.com I'll send a cooy when it comes out.

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It would be better for us to focus on our own separate project WHILE living in the same neighborhood and agreeing to watch eachother's backs from the "evil that lurks without" so to speak.

I agree, but I don't think that community exists in America. Indeed, the way America is setup I don't believe it can exist...

9 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Poverty is the result of choices and not a permanent position in this society. 

This is only partially true, for the idea completely ignores the systems in place that have benefited white men over Black people for centuries. 

Your experience @daniellegfny is an anecdote, a good one but not reflective of the whole. It is like saying, "look at Lebron James, Oprah, or Barack Obama, make the same choices they made and you can be just like them."

9 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

If we don’t continue to build up our financial situation, we can’t finance the security to protect our neighborhoods.

Again sounds good in writing. In practice is a completely different story. Read about Tusla, OK, less than 100 years ago.

Do you think, Lebron James, Oprah, or Barack Obama live in Black neighborhoods?  Where do you think they buy their books? Imagine a strong Black community in which we could bump into one of those three in the local Black-owned book store.  It will never happen.

Tulsa is a different story from a different time. Right now there are about 50% of Blacks who live in the Suburbs. I believe we a false self image of the conditions of Blacks. History doesn’t dictate the present possibilities. 

4 hours ago, Troy said:

Yes. One would never go wrong underestimating the quality of Brothers women choose to become impregnated by.

True. This reminds me of a book you might like @Chevdove Sacred Woman the 20th anniversary edition is coming out in September. Send your address troy@aalbc.com I'll send a cooy when it comes out.

I agree, but I don't think that community exists in America. Indeed, the way America is setup I don't believe it can exist...

This is only partially true, for the idea completely ignores the systems in place that have benefited white men over Black people for centuries. 

Your experience @daniellegfny is an anecdote, a good one but not reflective of the whole. It is like saying, "look at Lebron James, Oprah, or Barack Obama, make the same choices they made and you can be just like them."

Again sounds good in writing. In practice is a completely different story. Read about Tusla, OK, less than 100 years ago.

Do you think, Lebron James, Oprah, or Barack Obama live in Black neighborhoods?  Where do you think they buy their books? Imagine a strong Black community in which we could bump into one of those three in the local Black-owned book store.  It will never happen.

The mistake you are making is limited choices to just circumstances and not principles. Wealth is created in the imagination first. If you don’t make the choice to be the best and do your best you will stay poor. How many books do you need to sell to make your first $10,000.00?

Chev

Well, I think that maybe many of the Black people have done the same as you and have come to believe that it's a waste of time to care about other Black people being harmed. 

That's not my position.

My position IS NOT that we shouldn't care for other people at all.
My position....or rather one I'm considering....is that perhaps we should stop worrying about or trying to help ALL AfroAmericans and focus on those whom we share similar values, ethics, and morals with.

In other words, perhaps we should stop wasting time and energy on people who are NOT going to be saved from self-destruction and most importantly don't care if they are saved or not.  Perhaps our time, energy, and resources should be focused on helping those of us who care about EACHOTHER.

To draw an analogy.................

Say you and I are the parents of 3 children.
2 of them are smart, do great in school, and stay out of all forms of trouble.
But one of them has poor grades and doesn't try to improve them, always gets into fights in school and out, abuses drugs and alcohol, and now at 19 years old he's been in and out of jail.
We've spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to help him get treatment, stay out of trouble, and stabilize his life....more  money and time than we've spent on our other 2 children combined!
And it's STILL hasn't helped this kid out.
Perhaps it's time to cut him loose, let him go his own way and focus our money and time on our two "good" children and use that money to set them up in their own businesses or further their education.

Miracles happen and he may change and if he does we will rejoice, but right now we should focus on the kids who are doing great and are going somewhere and prepare a better future for them.

Troy

If America continues in this Civil War that is occurring right now, I have a feeling that America 5 years from now WILL NOT be structured like it is today.

I also believe that under the NEW America me, you, and most AfroAmericans will be far more successful and prosperous than anything most of our people can imagine today.

Under the CURRENT America the true greatness of our people is being held back and restrained but under the NEW America there will be more liberty  (true liberty....not just rhetorical freedom) for us to truly express our potential.

You see, the White Supremacists DO NOT want a truly liberated and open society where the rules are clear and people are free to express themselves...because then THEY would be exposed and our people would no longer be fooled and would see them for who they really are.
They love societies based upon lies, cover-ups, secrets, meaningless rhetoric, dogmatic religions, ect.....that keep many of our people confused and fighting among eachother why they continue to exploit them.

22 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

How many books do you need to sell to make your first $10,000.00?

I made more than 10K last month selling books.  What is the point you want to make?

22 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Tulsa is a different story from a different time.

No, not really. In fact, I consider Tulsa perfect analog to what happened to Black businesses on the web.

20 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

They love societies based upon lies, cover-ups, secrets, meaningless rhetoric, dogmatic religions, ect.....that keep many of our people confused and fighting among eachother why they continue to exploit them.

Well I agree with you there. I too believe America can right itself, but time is short...

The next question would be how much would you need to make before you could start considering yourself being able to breakout of poverty to start accumulating wealth? To say that people in America are trapped in poverty is to turn a blind eye to all the actual opportunity which exists.

Please explain how a white mob is attacking Black Businesses online and destroying the owners and taking their lives and livelihoods? I see the exact opposite occurring. With the exception of the alarming trend of censorship the only threats I see are foreign dictatorships. 

On 7/28/2020 at 5:44 AM, Troy said:

I have mixed emotions about that book. @Troy And I looked at the overview to refresh my memory. Firstly, I love some aspects because it is what I strongly believe and don't see much about, but then there are other points the author speaks about and this is what I believe is the major problem today with the issue of accountability. I don't feel that Black people today want to be accountable for the mistakes our ancestors made in the past, therefore, we will never be free under this type of arrogance. Here are a few quotes:

Book Excerpt – Sacred Woman: A Guide to Healing the Feminine Body, Mind, and Spirit

by Queen Afua

Contrary to popular belief and ignorance, my Ancestors, the Black people
of the Black land of the Nile Valley, did not worship many gods and
goddesses.
My Afrakan Ancestors viewed NTR, the Creator, as the
undifferentiated One/All-Divine from which all life emanates. However,
NTR has many wondrous divine attributes, and all of these
manifestations--the NTRU--are aspects of Its wholeness.
Consider, for a
moment, such divine emanations as Maat

https://aalbc.com/books/excerpt.php?isbn13=9780345423481

The western world conveniently lie and state that our ancestors worships many gods and goddesses and I love that she brings this point out!  But then, she immediately slips in the term MAAT and as usual, it seems to be a contradiction in the definition of 'WHOLENESS':

The Khamites, my ancestors, believed that within the heavenly realm the
presence of the Divine is reflected in the balanced worship of NTR--the
Mother/Father Creator, where both aspects in One are given equal
respect.

https://aalbc.com/books/excerpt.php?isbn13=9780345423481

Now, this is what I also believe, however, it seems that this definition always takes a turn to elevate the female over the male, and that is what brings out much confusion to the Black world. From this twist comes a lot of contention about gender equality in the Black world and for this reason, the enemy has creeped in and been allowed to exploit this issue and divide and conquer:

By contrast, most present-day Western religions recog-nize only
the male priest and worship only a male God in a heaven of male angels.

In the ancient Afrakan spiritual tradition, there is deep respect for
the Mother Creator and the female priestess as well as for the Father
Creator and the male priest.

CONFUSION!!! Unless there is accountability then, the Black world will continue to be exploited and oppressed under White Supremacy. This Earth Mother, Mother Creator, Mother Earth... whatever the term has been used to encourage African women to hate Black men for their taking 'evil dominance' over us, oppressing us and bringing in White women to be over us... So, of course I understand this aspect, however, it's a deceptive ploy to cause Black women to run to White domination in order to throw down the Black man and that's why I run from books like this @Troy. There has to be accountability. The ancient Black men and woman share an equal part in worshiping White people. The ancient Earth Mother was the first to worship non-African men and this needs to be dealt with. I do not want to be a part of gender division at all.

6 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

To say that people in America are trapped in poverty is to turn a blind eye to all the actual opportunity which exists.

Danielle that is a classic strawman arguement. I never wrote that, nor do I feel that way, so I'm not going to defend the statement. Where did you get that from anyway?

6 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Please explain how a white mob is attacking Black Businesses online and destroying the owners and taking their lives and livelihoods?

20 years ago there was a much greater variety of Black websites -- even Black book sites. Today these businesses are gone along with the wealth that they could have created for their owners and the pleasure they could have brought their visitors.

These businesses were killed by a handful of websites whose owners (all white) are the wealthiest people on Earth.

And no Jeff Bezos did not personal "kill" anyone, that I'm aware of.  "Mob violence" is not necessary today, technology is better at taking wealth and is not nearly messy.

@Chevdove no problem, the book targets Black women and addresses a subject you are well versed in, so I thought it might interest you. 

Poverty is a Choice in America. You may be born into it but you don’t have to stay in it.

Ofcourse you don't have to stay in it.

You can just go to PRISON....where you're no longer officially listed among the poor....by engaging in behavior in your pursuit to escape it!

It's interesting how they lock so many AfroAmerican men up for attempting to escape poverty.....but they aren't locking up the MILLIONS of illegal immigrants who are sneaking in here for the same reasons.

Infact, they make EXCUSES for illegal immigrants breaking the laws but won't make any for YOU if YOU break it!

It seems to me that SOMEBODY is picking and choosing who they want to stay in poverty and who they are helping to get out.....lol.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

It seems to me that SOMEBODY is picking and choosing who they want to stay in poverty and who they are helping to get out.....lol.

Yeah, I agree! @Pioneer1

Well, on that note, I think about my Great grandmother who was brought over here to America as a slave at the age of around 10 years old...

then at 12, she gave birth to an half-white offspring and then at 14 she did again... then she was sold away... 

Yeah right, escaping poverty doesn't require criminal activity!? LOL 

the Americans that set up this system didn't do criminal activity because it was not define that way by them. smh. 

• Like 1

Escaping poverty doesn’t require criminal activity.

If Haitians hadn't engaged in "criminal activity" they wouldn't have liberated themselves from French oppression.

What IS and ISN'T criminal depends upon who is incharge and make the rules.

• Thanks 1

So what that’s what freedom means. The ability to accept and reject.

If OTHER people are making the laws and enforcing them, then YOU don't have the ability to accept them or reject them.

The only choices YOU have are to either OBEY or DISOBEY (and face the consequences).

There is no such thing as a "free" civilization, by the way.

If there are rules and laws (as there SHOULD be) then there is no "freedom" by it's very definition.

If most Americans were truly "free", so many wouldn't be locked up in jails and prisons.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Poverty is a Choice in America. You may be born into it but you don’t have to stay in it.

It is just that simple huh?  There is no subtlety to your game @daniellegfny, everything is Black and white.

Would you agree that most people would consider poverty to be an undesirable state?  If so why then do you think so many people, the majority, "decide" to be impoverished?

Did you know this is one of the first generation of kids in a century who are less well off than their parents?  Did a whole generation of kids decide to be less well off thatn their parents?

Last question do believe in exogenous factors that disproportionately impact Black people hampering the ability to obtain wealth?  You probably don't you strike me a pull-yourself-by-your-own-bootstraps kind of guy.

• Thanks 1

Subtlety? I don’t believe there’s any merit in promoting criminality. This is not Robin Hood and if it was King Richard has returned. So do you still rob from the Rich? In this case the people you are defending are robbing from the less affluent. 

The objective is to win. You don’t win by whining about what injustice has been done. You do what you need to be done. Refusing to accept that there are self evident principles of right and wrong subjects you to tryanny.

The Law of Success in Sixteen lesson provides a mental roadmap. The Strangest Secret explains why people don’t choose wealth. Your statements also illustrate why. If you don’t think you can you won’t. People are a monkey see monkey do type of creatures. If the don’t see the right way they generally don’t do the right. 

No it takes the participation of a lot of people to become wealthy. Jeff Bezos didn’t do it by himself although it was his vision, ambition and determination. I choose to identify with winning philosophies which empower rather than justify mediocrity. Anyone can be poor. The challenge and thrill is to become rich with the boundaries of the law. 

So we should ignore racial in justice and inequality?

So the answer to why so many people are impoverished is that they did not choose to be wealthy?  Is that what you are saying?

That sounds the beliefs of prosperity ministry, just believe and you'll be rich.

40 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

The challenge and thrill is to become rich...

I think there is much more to life than becoming financially rich, they say you can't never get enough of something you don't need. Studies have also shown that once ones basic needs are met each additional dollar earned brings increasingly happiness.

Now of course you try not to break the law (unless the law is unjust) and you get an education and work to achieve a descent life. Most Black people have no choice. 

There are class of people, virtually all white, who do not have to work. This generational wealth was not obtained by just believing. It was obtained typically through the aggressive and merciless exploitation of others. Kicking Indians off land, enslaving Africans and their descendants, working children in factories, bribing polticians to facilitate creating monopolies, exploiting immingrant workers, rigging the financial markets with toxic mortgages, selling cigarettes, polluting the water and air with toxic waste...

If everyone's sole goal in life was to become rich it would be a pretty screwed up world.

• Thanks 1

It’s what Samuel B Fuller mother told him. We aren’t poor because God wants us to be. We’re poor because your Pa never set his mind to becoming rich. Most people are conscious that their is a choice or that there’s a way to legitimately climb out of poverty. Look at their role models.

Life if full of obstacles. You don’t get anywhere focusing on the injustice of it. You get there by working your way around. No I don’t subscribe to supporting pity parties about Poor Me.

Life if full of obstacles.

True.

You don’t get anywhere focusing on the injustice of it. You get there by working your way around

Almost. You won't get anywhere focusing solely on injustice, but you won't get very far ignoring it, or making believe it does not exist.

How can you work your way around it if you refuse to recognize it? Right?

• Haha 1

You insist on trying to enforce considerations on the idea that there is something wrong with the pursuit of Wealth is precisely why people don’t become wealthy. 

Not everyone is going to purse wealth. So you are creating scenarios that won’t exist. Encouraging and inspiring others to do better is what is lacking. Make money not excuses.

OK we are at an impasse @daniellegfny. What seems obvious to me is completely lost on you, and presumably the converse is true.

It just seems to me that since no one wants to be impoverished and so many more people work very hard, that many more people -- especially brown people would be rich.

If what you say is true that would mean two things (neither of which I believe to be true); (1) people choose to be poor; and (2) people are unwilling to work hard.  Plus you'd have to completely dismiss everything that has been done, and is being done, to hamper the success of Black people.

@daniellegfny would you define what is means to be rich and tell us if you qualify?  That is, by your own reckoning, are you rich? 

Rich is relative. I understand what you are trying to say and I reject it. Have you listened to the Strangest Secret by Nightingale? Have you read The Law of Success in 16 lessons? Are you paying Attention to what the Caribbean Community, Nigerian and other African communities are doing when they come here? Do you really believe that they aren’t getting rich?

I am richer than many, but not wealthy. I am gradually accumulating wealth by the acquisition of income producing assets. I didn’t realize how blessed I was until I recognized that I had been listening to the wrong people and listening to poor opinions. 

Once you look at median income broken down by race, you would see that there isn’t a large gap between Black median income and White. The truth is that with a few adjustments more people could exceed the median income level. Once basic needs are met, savings and investment can be accelerated. Purchasing Insurance and teach our youth how to use money wisely accelerates the process. There are plenty of programs that can help people. If you earn over 6,000 a month you are over earning over 5 times the poverty level. 

If you turn to criminal activity to fit in, create unnecessary obstacles for yourself. Your philosophy is what is referred to as a Consideration, Obstacle or Roadblock. People have been conditioned for poverty. That means they are being poor as part of the identity. Just like people are conditioned to relate to skin color. 

7 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

Rich is relative.

I know it is that is why I asked you to define what rich means and tell us if you are in deed rich.

Since you did not answer in the affirmative I'll take that as a no.

Which begs the next question, why are you not rich @daniellegfny?

When you are actually rich please tell us then, what it takes to make it.  

How do you know you are "richer" than many?  Since I don't know how you define rich, which metric(s) are you basing the statement?

10 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

....there isn’t a large gap between Black median income and White.

Forget income. Wage earners are not wealthy as they are paid at the whim of their employer. Rich people don't need a salary so their income could be zero. Did you know our country taxes income, but not wealth?

I am rich. I am becoming richer. Median income is a starting point. Your antagonism to the potential that people are richer than you think they is blinding you from reality. Being an employee doesn’t prevent one from becoming rich or wealthy. Charles Schwab comes to mind as a rich and wealthy employee. 

Troy

but you won't get very far ignoring it, or making believe it does not exist.

How can you work your way around it if you refuse to recognize it? 

This makes a lot of sense.
It reminds me of those people who deny the existence of different races.

I keep trying to tell them that simply not accepting it WON'T make it go away...lol.

Right?

Riiiiiggghhhht. ;)

Daniel

I don’t believe there’s any merit in promoting criminality. 

Then I take it you don't celebrate the Fourth of July or the War of Independence!

These events exist because a bunch of "criminals" (or terrorists in today's terms) decided to break the laws of England ILLEGALLY secede from England, steal her property, and form their own.

France is also guilty of aiding and abetting by supplying much of the weapons.

If you want to make it right you should move to England, become a citizen, and encourage all other Americans to do the same.

You don’t get anywhere focusing on the injustice of it. You get there by working your way around. 

According to this line of thinking, AfroAmericans shouldn't have fought to end Jim Crow and legal segregation.  They should have just left it in place and  "worked their way" around it....lol.

Are you paying Attention to what the Caribbean Community, Nigerian and other African communities are doing when they come here?

I don't know if Troy has, but I have.

I also paid attention to the fact that if AfroAmericans hadn't COMPLAINED and FOCUSED on the injustices of America, her systemic racism, and demanded a reform in her IMMIGRATION policies and demanded that more non-Europeans have the right to immigrate here....THEY wouldn't even be here in the United States to enjoy the success they have today!
And neither would the Asians, Arabs, Latinos and other people of color.

If they were so smart and got their success through hard work and not complaining they would have been able to do it in their OWN nations;  but they didn't find success UNTIL they came here NOW (as opposed to 100 year ago) !

Why?
Because WE (AfroAmericans) made the grounds of the United States FERTILE soil for them by fighting White Supremacy and systemic racism BEFORE they brought their asses here.

But don't worry, the days of us fighting for these other groups while they turn around and shake their fingers at us AFTER achieving success is coming to an end REAL soon.

We're leaving them behind to the Caucasians that they love.

We're going to circle OUR wagons and keep the family tight!

It's DELIVERANCE TIME!

We're going to DELIVER  them to the Caucasians they love so much and we'll see how long they last without AfroAmericans fighting for them and standing up to White Supremacy.

Charles Schwab comes to mind as a rich and wealthy employee. 

The Law of Success in Sixteen lesson provides a mental roadmap. The Strangest Secret explains why people don’t choose wealth.

Man, you're all over that Napoleon Hill....lol.

I also am a fan of Napoleon Hill's material, but there are things about Mr. Hill and his teachings that you probably don't know or understand.

Did you know much of his material comes from what some may call the "occult"? 

@Pioneer1 there are no such thing as different races. You have different cultures, but not races. That is a philosophy which sole purpose is to establish a hegemony. It also demonstrates an misunderstanding of African history. 

@Pioneer1 Do you realize what age you are living in? Some would say the Information Age. However information has always existed. Today is the age of Filtration. I don’t believe in mysticism, I do understand that by definition Occult means hidden. Anyone who doesn’t recognize that things exist which are hidden lack imagination.?

You unfortunately seem bent on not recognizing distinctions. History is written by the winner. I celebrate the Fourth of July and also the Star Spangled Banner. I am grateful that the British Slaves died. I am glad I am an American and not a Brit. 

I accept that slavery exists and that people do horrible things. That’s life. I have no desire to go back in time. I seek to build a brighter future. Exploitation exists. So what! I choose not to find out how bright I can shine with as little injuries to others.

daniel

there are no such thing as different races. You have different cultures, but not races. That is a philosophy which sole purpose is to establish a hegemony. It also demonstrates an misunderstanding of African history. 

Oh, race is just a "philosophy"???

You may want to tell that to the KKK or the Aryan Brotherhood and explain to THEM why race doesn't exist and is just a philosphy...lol.

Well, if you and Troy don't agree on anything else, you'll definately agree on THAT....lol.

Perhaps I should exit this thread before I get double-teamed.

I celebrate the Fourth of July and also the Star Spangled Banner. 

You just said you don't see any merit in promoting criminality YET you celebrate days that promote terrorism and treason against the state (of England) !

The Declaration and War of Independance were a bunch of Caucasians who didn't like OTHER Caucasians telling them what to do....sort of like what's going on in Portland Oregon right now.
So going by your standards of morality, you should support the riots that are going on in Portland and if Oregon decides to break away and form their own nation/state....expect you to be waving their flag and flipping greasy beef-burgers on a grill every year in celebration of their liberation.

I accept that slavery exists and that people do horrible things. That’s life. I have no desire to go back in time. 

Well guess what?
You don't have to....because slavery exists TODAY for your convenience!

Just arrange for a pre-planned visit at your nearest penal institution.

Exploitation exists. So what! 

So what.....
Who cares.....

Slavery exists....that's life....who cares....

Finally!

Here we finally have a man who ADMITS that he just DOES NOT CARE.

I wonder if this was the attitude of some of the chiefs in Africa when they were told that Europeans were taking other members of their tribe off to slavery and humiliation.

Why are traditional authorities still popular in democratic Africa ...

"Oookay,  we know dat' exploitation exeese'. 
Why are joo' bringing dees' nonsense to ME?
Who da' hell kezz'?"

Daniel

Prisons in America are not slave farms.

Prisoners are held AGAINST their will, whether you think it's justified or not.
That's a fact.
If people who are held against their will are FORCED to work then they are SLAVES by it's very definition.
And the 13 Amendment of the Constitution permits it.

What do I care what insane people like the Klan think? 

Uh.....because they have a documented history of KILLING AfroAmericans.
It is imperative to know what and how people who are trying to kill you think....so that you won't end up victimized by them.

I suffer no criminals like the rioters in Portland. They have no just cause. 

That's the difference between the way most  Caucasians think and the way most AfroAmericans think.  
They don't like ANYONE dominating over them or telling them what to do....including other Caucasians.  When people attempted to do so, many Caucasians push back and fight back which is how America got formed to begin with..
Most AfroAmericans don't see a purpose of just fighting back against tyranny BEFORE it get's started.  Many wait UNTIL they are end up in a state of oppression and tyrannical rule and then once they've been victimized -stand their with their lips poked out crying, burning candles, and cracking open the Bible reading scriptures and trying to see themselves in it.

....that is....until a handful of smart AfroAmericans FINALLY stand up and fight their way out of it.

And they live comfortably not caring until they are SLOWLY lured back into a state of oppression and tyranny and have to fight out of it again.

The same story over and over again.

This is why I said INTELLIGENT AfroAmericans who actually CARE should separate themselves from the shiftlessness and indifference found through out so much of the AfroAmerican community and form our own communities where we can not only protect ourselves from White Supremacy but also from the stupidity of so many of our own and PROGRESS as a people.