Remembered

Guest Yvonne Battle-Felton

Guest Yvonne Battle-Felton

Hello all,

My book, Remembered, was published in 2019 in the UK by Dialogue Books (Little, Brown/Hachette) and in Feb. 2020 by Blackstone Publishing.  Remembered was long listed for the Women's Prize for fiction (2019) and short listed for The Jhalak Prize (2020).

If you see it in your local bookstore or library and could take a picture of it, I would appreciate it. 

Book Blurb:

It is 1910 and Philadelphia is burning.

The last place Spring wants to be is in the run-down, colored section of a hospital surrounded by the groans of sick people and the ghost of her dead sister. But as her son Edward lays dying, she has no other choice.

There are whispers that Edward drove a streetcar into a shop window. Some people think it was an accident, others claim that it was his fault, the police are certain that he was part of a darker agenda. Is he guilty? Can they find the truth?

All Spring knows is that time is running out. She has to tell him the story of how he came to be. With the help of her dead sister, newspaper clippings, and reconstructed memories, she must find a way to get through to him.

To shatter the silences that governed her life, she will do everything she can to lead Edward home.d06r-square.jpg

I would really like to read and talk to book groups and would appreciate any recommendations of groups to approach.

Thank you,

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne thanks for popping by. I'm familiar with your work of course: https://aalbc.com/authors/author.php?author_name=Yvonne+Battle-Felton

I see I made your book unavailable for sale on the site which means I could not buy it from a distributor. I was not aware of the 2020 version. I'll check out and update my site with that version.

Let me know if there is anything else I can add to your pages here on AALBC.

Hi Troy,

Thank you for the support, I appreciate it. I had posted my message and didn't realize I wasn't signed in. Thanks so much for the author page. The 2019 book was meant to be available only in the UK (and worldwide in English except for the US/Canada) and the 2020 one is available in the US/Canada. The audiobook is only available in the US/UK. 

Thank you for the offer. I have six non-fiction children titles in two books in the  Penguin's Ladybird series. If you could add those to my page, that would be great. Is it possible to add that I'm interested in talking to book clubs and book groups and at literary festivals?

Thank you,

Yvonne

Sure, I can add the other books. Just list the ISBN13s here. List the Audiobook ISBN13s too. 

I can add that you are interested in speaking to clubs and at festivals but that is generally assumed. If you also give me your website addresd I'll add it to your page so that people can contact you.

Thanks so much.

Here are the ISBN13's for the children's books: Ladybird Tales of Crowns and Thrones ISBN: 9780241413586 (this one doesn't seem to have a -13. I'm not sure if it's because it's pre-ordered)

Ladybird Tales of Super Heroes ISBN-13: 978-0241381946

Here is the ISBN13 for the audiobook: ISBN-13: 978-1982627065

My web address is: https://www.yvonnebattle-felton.com/

Smiles, if is'ts assumed, there's no need to mention clubs and festivals on my author page.

Thank you,

Yvonne

I just updated Remembered to the correct US ISBN13: https://aalbc.com/books/bookinfo.php?isbn13=9781982627126 I also added links to the audio and ebook versions. 

"9780241413586" is an ISBN13. It is 13 digits long and starts with a 979 or 978 is is an ISBN13.  I begun to start simply saying ISBN even though the ISBN10 (the 10-digit book identifier) is also used.  Last week I dropped the ISBN10 field from my database altogether, as ISBN13s that start with 979 do not have an ISBN10 equivalent.  I now that  may have been way too much info, but someone out there may be curious 🙂

The 9780241413586 also comes up as a UK book, so I can not sell it here or find it in distribution. Do you have the US version?  The same goes for  Ladybird Tales of Super Heroes.

I see form you bio you are from PA, did you relocate to the UK?

Yes book clubs, librarians, and others use the site to find author's contact information.  Since author contact information often changes, I encourage authors to share website addresses and I direct readers there.  Websites go bad too, but I pick my poison.

Picking your poison is a good idea. I find I'm more likely to keep the website/blog so I can have a sort of base.  But saying that, I sometimes forget it's there. I'm trying to use it more often by doing the things I like to do on it: read stories. We'll see how that goes.

I appreciate your explaining the ISBN10 v ISBN13. I'm finding the same ISBN13's for the US and UK books on Amazon.com and .co.uk ISBN-13: 978-0241381946. I'm not sure why that is.

Thank you for updating Remembered to the US version. When you have time, can you please change the publisher and page length: it should be 265 pages. The US publisher is Blackstone (The UK one is the blue cover and is published by Dialogue Books/Little Brown).

I was born in Philly (Germantown) and grew up in South Jersey. I moved to Maryland and lived there for 20 years before moving my children to the UK so I could pursue a Creative Writing PhD. I finished the degree in 2017. We're still in the UK though. The kids want to stay and I'm enjoying our time here. So, we'll see where next is.

I know a little but about Germantown.

Amazon is a free for all because 3rd party marketers can sell anything. Used UK books as new in America, etc.

I did update the book cover i screwd up the piblisher name and page count somehow sorry about that.

It's no problem. Thank you for correcting the page number and publisher name.

I'm noticing just about everything seems to be available through third-party sellers on Amazon. It's the Ebay listings that somehow surprise me even more. I have seen Remembered listed there for over £100 ($125). I'm always tempted to contact the seller to ask them why the book is so expensive. The listing doesn't say it's a signed copy or anything so I can't imagine why it would be so high. I think I'm just going to have to ask them.

@Yvonne here is a recent post that should help explain the pricing anomalies you've noticed: 

Basically third party selling have learned to exploit Amazon. Pricing books like this (and selling them) can only work if there is collusion or a monopoly.  Amazon has created an effective monopoly for the online sale of books.  Third party sellers are exploiting this effective monopoly.

Wow! I notice Remembered is often out of stock on Amazon and backordered elsewhere. On Ebay, I see listings for around £9 for the UK copy but then I'll see gems like the one in the picture. 

I'm not sure what that's even about. It's a used copy.

Screenshot (2).png