Why I can't sell Trevor Noah's Latest Audiobook - Yes Amazon is to Blame

Amazon started by getting indie authors to give them exclusive rights to sell their books, but now major publishers are doing the same thing?!

I recently added 1,500 audiobooks to AALBC that you can listen to on any platform -- not just a Kindle.  Here you may find the newest audiobooks.

However, Trevor Noah's audiobook, Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood is only available from Amazon. 

If is a short sited strategy to give Amazon exclusive rights to sell a book. Let's see how that work for them.  I already know consumers are increasingly dissatisfied with Amazon.  But then again major publishers have never been known to be the most forward thinking entities -- shoot we are still trying to convince them that Black people read...

safe_image.jpg

Logistically, maintaining one point of success/failure is the antithesis to longevity, regardless the industry. As an athlete, strategic takeovers occurred when the tennis shoe industry flooded collegiate sports and universities with lucrative budgets in exchange for securing major sponsorships. Subsequently, coaching staff were paid higher salaries, facilities grew more expansive and student athletes flocked to said programs in droves. Overall, the tactic is legal, yet detrimental to the sport as a whole.

Although less transparent in regard to this scenario, on it’s face, this situation is perplexing, to say the least. If nothing else, the publishing house will reap the comparable benefits that universities have flaunted. Except, the spoils are less flashy; for example, hiring more experienced and “connected” editors as a result of a newly minted budget. Or, smashing the industry standards for bonuses and the like, which will ultimately draw more authors onto their team. More writers who agree to platform exclusivity...

Per Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

“monopoly” (noun): exclusive possession or control

“capitalism” (noun): an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market.

This.is.a.bold.move. Thank you for sharing, as I haven’t read this info elsewhere.

@daniellegfny, Libro, the company which I work with to sell audiobooks is bending over backwards to work with indie booksellers.  The are the exact opposite of Amazon. 

59 minutes ago, O.W. said:

This.is.a.bold.move. Thank you for sharing, as I haven’t read this info elsewhere.

Well I'm glad I can help spread the word.