WordPress or Flash

AALBC is custom built, from scratch I have used Bootstrap and other 3rd party applications, like this discussion forum.

Again to answer your question Wordpress is the most popular, but it has become more difficult to use over the years. My manuscript editing service was built using it https://edit1st.com

If you want to sell things I'd recommend Bigcommerce (it powers AALBC's shopping cart) or Shopify nicer designs but much worse custer service compared to BigCommerce.

daniellegfny

I haven't used WordPress, but I hear it is very accessible if you are patient.  I made my page in notepad with lots of trial and error.  This approach requires much more patience, but I have more control.  I can talk you through basic HTML and CSS if you'd like assistance.

I also want to echo Tony's suggestion to use external companies for some of the trickier parts like shopping carts.  Your visitors will have more confidence seeing a familiar company associated with their purchases.   Also, why reinvent the wheel?  Tony could have made this message board, but someone already did that.  It seems better to me for him to use that code and spend time elsewhere.

Tony, I sent you a message a while back.  Just checking to make sure you noticed it.

3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

I can talk you through basic HTML and CSS if you'd like assistance.

I appreciate the offer. However, did you read that I built AALBC from scratch? 

No, I did not notice the message; maybe it went to Tony 😉

3 hours ago, Troy said:

I appreciate the offer. However, did you read that I built AALBC from scratch? 

No, I did not notice the message; maybe it went to Tony 😉

Sorry, I should have been specific.  That offer was @daniellegfny.  I don't think I'm anywhere near the experience level of contributing to an established site.  

Also, the note I sent shows your name and avatar in my messages.  It's marked unread.  I sent it through your profile. 

Funny, getting money to Madmimi (Godaddy) has never been a problem I've encountered.  

I justy checked CC's priced for larger mailing lists they are still a lot more expensive for 10K names they want $195, ah Madmimi charges $89 for 25K.  I noticed mail chimp is 50% cheaper than CC too