1973 Panel Discussion Fannie Lou Hamer, Angela Davis, Stokely Carmichael, and More

This line up brings to mind Tavis Smiley's State of Black America which in comparison to this was a circus. 

Culturally you can see the change in how we communicate. I have not watched the whole video yet but no one has insulted anyone, hogged the mike, gone on a rant or even raised their voice...

• Like 2

Lol.....
Well, I've told you before that the intellect or intelligence level of the AfroAmerican community has DECLINED over the past several decades.

Our people used to be MUCH more intelligent, smarter, and well behaved than they are today.

Our people looked better too.
Look at how slim or well built so many of the young people were back then compared to the obese and funny-made characters toddling around the neighborhood today.

More than a few brothers have noticed and commented on how so many Caucasian women today have the curves and butts that so many of the AfroAmerican women USED TO have back in the day!

A few sisters have vocalized how so many young brothers are chubby with big lumpy butts and big bellies that flop from side to side while they're running from the police or are being tossed to the ground and hand-cuffed.

How can their be a lot of "Black Love" when you don't even like who you're looking at?

Which one of these women do YOU think most Black men will be willing to fight for and defend:

80 1970S Black Fashion     or       image.jpeg.a08f021a7efa0064cfda3c8280d19c64.jpeg

Which type of Black man do you think AfroAmerican women would most likely respect:

99 Best 70s The Look MEN images | 70s fashion, 1970s fashion, 70s   or    25 of the Greatest Rap Bars of all Time!!!!!! | by Avery Price ...

The PHYSICAL condition of many of our people today is only a reflection of the MENTAL condition so many are in that is the source of so much of the crazy behavior you see going on in the neighborhoods today.  

This is no accident, it was deliberately designed that way by pushing out poisonous foods that fuck up the mind and body.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well, I've told you before that the intellect or intelligence level of the AfroAmerican community has DECLINED over the past several decades.

... and I've always said it is because we no longer have the platform to show intelligent Black people.  They still exist they are just not lucrative enough to make a ton of money, so only a handful are trotted out at one time.

Shows like Tony Brown's journal are a thing of the past.  But don't let that make you think we don't have brilliant people out there who have not also let they bodies go completely...

Angela was only 29 years old during the taping. She is deep.

If it were not for its service to the ruling class racusn wouldn't even exist. Our schools, which teach racism, serve the ruling class as well.

Fannie Lou would be dead 4 years later, and Stokely would die at 57. 

• Like 1

Troy

Shows like Tony Brown's journal are a thing of the past. 

Man, I miss Tony Brown.

and I've always said it is because we no longer have the platform to show intelligent Black people. 

But intelligent Black people would recognize this problem immediately and CREATE the platform!

Smart people don't stand around in a circle STARING DOWN at a problem, they almost instinctively or automatically work on solving it either individually or collectively.

...while most stupid people won't even know they HAVE a problem.

Homeless man on a city street | Stock image | Colourbox

"Huh??

You sezz all the libraries got burnt down and all the books got burnt up????

(yes)

Well....err....uhh....well uhh....well when did all DAT shit happen?

(about 13 years ago)

Well SHIT man....guess I wuzn't  payin' no 'tenshion! "

Yeah you should read her Women Race and Class @Troy Her James Baldwin, and Audre Lorde are my favourite intellectuals about the state of being Black. What do you think of the discussion and the various perspectives.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But intelligent Black people would recognize this problem immediately and CREATE the platform!

The cost to the originator outweighs the perceived benefits, otherwise it would have been done already.

Del

The cost to the originator outweighs the perceived benefits

It depends as to whether or not the originator is considering how it benefits just THEMSELVES or how it would benefit the ENTIRE COMMUNITY.

There is something called "sacrifice" and something else called the "greater good" that motivates a lot of people to act outside of their own personal self interests.

It's the reason many lawyers will work Pro Bono.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delano said:

The cost to the originator outweighs the perceived benefits, otherwise it would have been done already.

This I believe has always been true.  When cost is the only consideration, then people do not do the things that our collective best interest.

Imagine cities without publicly funded libraries do you think someone would come up with a business to loan books?  Shoot, there are very few people who have figured a way to make selling book profitable.

The arts survive because of philanthropy.  Think about how New York City is pricing artists completely out gutting the city of it's culture.

The platforms exist.  What is different today is the pull of a deluge of baser distractions.  

Are you gonna attract more young men to listen to Jazz or a Cardi B.  Are you gonna draw a young lady's attention with TikTok or a literary novel?

There was always room and a time for both, but today we aggressively focus on what makes money, so it is TikTok and Cardi B.

I don't think Tony Brown and the people who produced his work were solely concerned with money. 

When I say cost I don't just mean money. What I have found quite often is that people rarely appreciate something that is free. Libraries were funded by robber barrons, as were museums. So you can't get people to pay for things that would elevate them but they will pay handsomely for destruction. McDonald's pays for Ronald McDonald house by selling lots of burgers.