AALBC is Moving to Tulsa, OK!

Yeah I know, when I started telling people this they all thought I was nuts or going through some crazy personal shit LOL!

Well anyone who knows me would not be surprised at all.  First, I'm not pulling up stakes here in FL and relocating to Florida (at least not right now), but what I have done is commit to moving to Tulsa for a year as part of a privately funded program, called Tulsa Remote to attract cool people like myself to move to Tulsa and infuse the city with some diversity and class LOL!

The program includes a variety of incentives, free co-working space, $10K, deals on housing and more.  They also covered a visit to the city (I visited last month), gave us a tour of the city, hosted networking events.  I used the time to look at housing and learn more about Black Wall Street.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations!

I lived in Tulsa Oklahoma for a hot second.
I didn't care too much for it because it looked like a dirtier or poorer version of Texas.  And it was too dusty.
Plus, every public establishment I went into had Fox News playing on television, lol.

Do you think NOW is the best time to make moves and major changes with this pandemic going on?
Even schools are not opening up, I'm not sure how many programs and organizations are still operating under normal circumstances when so much of society is actually SHUTTING DOWN.

Thanks @Maurice

@Pioneer1 the great outdoors is still open as are most businesses, at least last month. Let me quess  you were in North Tulsa right?

Hard to compare Tulsa against there entire state of Texas. Texas is a pretty diverse state. 

I would describe Tulsa as an emerging Austin, TX. But Austin is the state capital, has longhorns football, and those food yrucks everone loves 🙂

I've been in 10 states in the last four weeks and things are opening up, not shutting down. The only exception was the Navajo Nation. I was there a couple of days during a 50+ hour shut down and everything was closed except the pumps at gas stations. I don't know any place in the U.S. that has done that.

Troy 

Let me quess  you were in North Tulsa right?

I only stayed there for less than 3 weeks so I actually forgot.  It was over 10 years ago.

I've been in 10 states in the last four weeks and things are opening up, not shutting down. The only exception was the Navajo Nation. I was there a couple of days during a 50+ hour shut down and everything was closed except the pumps at gas stations. I don't know any place in the U.S. that has done that.

I'm not sure why.
According to the media (not sure if it's true or not) the virus is exploding over the nation.  People dying left and right.  Are people in denial and just INSIST on trying to carry on as usual despite the risks or something?

Remember your brother Herman Cain?
Insisting on going to that Trump rally and not wearing a mask TRYING to carry on as if everything is normal and eventually dying?

Listening to Trump and these other Republicans in leadership LYING to people, hiding the statistics and cases, and telling people to open up and carry on life as usual seems to be leading to disaster and prolonging the problem.

They don't care about human life and health, they only care about making money and will push out as many sacrificial bodies out there to PRETEND that things are back to normal as they can to keep that money rolling end....who cares if they drop dead a month later.

You see every time they try to open a school back up HALF the damn students end up infected and they have to shut it back down again.

Man I would love to visit a reservation.  It's one of the parts of the United States I have YET to visit.

6 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I only stayed there for less than 3 weeks so I actually forgot.  It was over 10 years ago.

Dag man that was a scathing critique of a place you have recollection of and have not visited in a decade. 🤨

Reaction to the pandemic has become a religious war. So when you write...

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

You see every time they try to open a school back up HALF the damn students end up infected and they have to shut it back down again.

I know you are exaggerating to make a point, but the fact of the matter is MOST schools have not reopened yet and and those that have none have seen 1/2 the student become infected. But the type of extremism is just as bad as people who refuse to wear a mask.

Municipalities have hard decisions to make considering lives and livelihoods.

@Delano that video was interesting and beautiful.  Fortunately tornadoes do not often hit populated areas. I did look at one apartment complex which boasted a tornado shelter.

One of the appealing things about that part of the country, indeed much of the US is it's beauty.  I know a lot of people who run outside the country and never appreciate the magnificent landscapes this country has to offer.

11 hours ago, Troy said:

Lol! I wonder you here would get that reference?

Troy may the President will commute your sentence and set you free. Yeah I even saw the hour long episodes.

15 hours ago, Troy said:

Delano that video was interesting and beautiful.  Fortunately tornadoes do not often hit populated areas. I did look at one apartment complex which boasted a tornado shelter.

Often is not quite the same  as never.