Conveniently Black

So not having to eat out of the trash is your standard, in one of the richest countries in the world?

As far as shelter have you been to any major city lately? You obviously have not been to Sacramento, Oakland, San Francisco.... unless you consider an overpass or tent "shelter."

Righ wingers are way too comfortable enriching themselves even while those around them suffer.

They rationalize this by saying the poor are at fault. 

Generally I find people who have really seen poverty and wealth are a bit more understanding and sympathetic, unless they are just sociopaths.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano those examples are high profile exceptions, not the rule. I seriously doubt Nancy Cunard had a true friendship with any poor people.

Man middle class Black peopledon't even hang with poor Blacks -- even if they are in their own families. There really us a caste system here in the U.S.

At Stern we got to rub elbows with very wealthy people. How many are you regularly in contact with today?

Troy I went to a movie premiere because I was friend's with one of the principals. I was in the Limo with his wife, his brother, his brother's girlfriend and his childhood friend. I was hanging out at at this afterhours club and was talking to a woman. She said she was a poet I said can i buy you a drink she said save your money I'm hanging out with trust fund kids. I hung out two to three nights a week from 1986 - 2000. A friend offer to introduce me to a Morgan when I was working on Wall Street. A guy I worked with in 1986 was the number 2 for Max Chapman I ran into him when I was temping around 1997, we had a bit of a chat. I broke bread   with people who literally had millions of dollars more than i did, I didn't care about their wealth or their fame. Read what Nelson George had to say about New York night life.

You and I clearly have  different perspectives due to our experiences. don't mistake your world for The World.

5 hours ago, Delano said:

You and I clearly have  different perspectives due to our experiences. don't mistake your world for The World.

Sorry i forgot who i was talking to. I wasn't talking about myself either. I've been to two of Reginald Lewis' homes and have been to at least one Billionares home on park have a triplex that took up three entire gloor of an apartment building on 5th ave...

The vast majority of poor people will not do the things you or i just described.

I really careful about taking my experiences and extending them to the general population. You should read a book called Caste by Isabel Wilkerson.

9780593230251.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Troy said:

I really careful about taking my experiences and extending them to the general population. You should read a book called Caste by Isabel Wilkerson.

I would not waste my time with that book. Anyone trying to push it is feeding poison to the America people. First Castes are immutable. You don’t go from one caste to another. Even in the Slavery days people were able to rise to different levels in society. 

I am currently listening to Why Do All The Black Kids sit together. One observation I noticed was that a lot of people who are raised by White Parents and a lot of Light Skinned people have a warped view of racism and the status of the Black Community.

A lot of people are turning a pretty penny publishing trash on all sides of America. 

53 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

I would not waste my time with that book. Anyone trying to push it is feeding poison to the America people.

I've been called a lot of things, but feeder of posion is a new one 🙂

55 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

Even in the Slavery days people were able to rise to different levels in society. 

Are you talking about enslaved Black people?

Not only does the United States have a caste system, they have SEVERAL caste systems that overlap eachother.

A caste is nothing but a SOCIAL CATEGORY.

We have economic castes, racial castes, educational castes, ect.....

Daniel

you don’t have to eat out of garbage dumps daily. You can find shelter from the elements

You do realize that there are MILLIONS of Americans who DO have to eat out of garbage dumps daily and don't have shelters (because most of them are full) to sleep in at night.

If you drive around New York you should already know this without being told.

Troy

unless they are just sociopaths.

And this is the case.
One of the goals of the ruling elite (the upper caste) is to turn much of the population into heartless socio-paths who are only concerned with their own PERSONAL well being and not worry about their fellow man.

That way when people drop dead and suffer all around them they won't unite to do anything about it.

If I were REALLY conspiratorial I would say that cell phones were probably introduced in mass into society for the expressed purpose of keeping everyone looking down and DISTRACTED while society collapses all around them.

Distracted Walkers Pose Threat to Self and Others - The New York Times

But I won't go there......lol.

BTW....listen to your boy Delano on those civil wars.

Del

I feel the US is having several civil wars, the winners will decide the tone of the country. 

Exactly.
I've been saying this for months and it's becoming increasingly obvious.

Maybe he'll listen to you.....lol.

I no longer go out. However my feeling is that everything is more segregated.

Are you sure being in Australia....a nation populated by some of the most angry, violent, racist Caucasians west of the Pacific Ocean...doesn't have anything to do with it?

That racist Caucasian who shot up the place in New Zealand was from Australia.
They're so violent and racist they're exporting it around the Pacific!

2 hours ago, Troy said:

I've been called a lot of things, but feeder of posion is a new one 🙂

please don’t take it personally.

32 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

You do realize that there are MILLIONS of Americans who DO have to eat out of garbage dumps daily and don't have shelters (because most of them are full) to sleep in at night.

If you drive around New York you should already know this without being told.

I was one of those people until I changed my behavior. So I have been to the bottom. The Bottom isn’t low enough to keep me down. NYC has feeding stations through out the 5 Boros. It’s only ignorance, pride, mental illness which keeps people from taking advantage of the resources to help them.

Like I keep saying you don’t appreciate the blessings of being in America. My attitude about this country really changed in the 1990’s. Awakening The Giant Within was what I was reading and I was trapped in Guyana for three months because I lost my passport. I have a bad habit of missing placing it.

Daniel

I appreciate what I have in America, I just know that it can be MUCH MUCH BETTER than it is.
Black people wouldn't be where we are today if we had just remained "satisified" with what little we had and didn't FORCE America to be better.

You have to appreciate the progress that has been made AND at the same time FORCE society to become better and better and better and don't stop.

One of the problems with having so many immigrants flooding the nation over the past 40 years is that they have brought DOWN the U.S. standard of living!
They are so desparate and happy to be here that they don't demand anything of America and don't demand that society gets better and better, so now you see much of the progress AfroAmericans forced in this society.....being rolled back because of many of the immigrants.

What were you doing down in Guyana, are you West Indian?

Lol, or where you a member of Jim Jone's cult?

Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones (1980)

"Why can't they just leave us alone?"

I thought I heard a West Indian dialect when you were reading part of your book, but your New York dialect seems to overpower it.

A New York dialect doesn't go well with reading books to children....lol.

My father missed being born in Trinidad by one child. I never met his parents. My mother’s father came from Jamaica. I never met him he ran off with another woman and started a family with them. I have not taken the time to pursue discovering their identity. 

My mother’s mom was born in America and was the descendent of the Huff Brothers. My mom still has the 1+ acres passed down from those brothers.

My accent is a product of speech therapy my mother sent me to because I used to speak to rapidly. It also came from being read to by my mom and TV. 

Daniel

Yeah, well 60% of the Black people born and raised in the New York area must have had the SAME speech therapy you got because when I hear them the speech is similar.....lol.

Anyway......

Like most people of the New Jersey/New Yorkers you were probably strongly influenced by the "anti" attitude that many West Indians (and continental Africans) have and maintain toward U.S. AfroAmericans.

19 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Are you sure being in Australia....a nation populated by some of the most angry, violent, racist Caucasians west of the Pacific Ocean...doesn't have anything to do with it?

Wasn't Australia original populated with people formerly incarcerated in Europe?

18 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

please don’t take it personally.

Never 🙂

19 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

It’s only ignorance, pride, mental illness which keeps people from taking advantage of the resources to help them

Few starve to death from pride. They rob you first.

We dont care of poor who are mentally ill due to fault of their own (lead in water, big phrama, drugs etc)

We contribute to poor's ignorance, then hold it against then.

I guess you have to define "civil war" @Pioneer1. I thought you meant armed conflict. When @Delano speaks of several civil wars he is not speaking of armed conflicts, so I'm more inclined to agree with him when speaks on the subject. 

How many guns do you own?

Morning! Early bird!

NRA membership, boy we defintely have different world views. What do you get out of the NRA? Besides supporting the people who fight to arm the poor soul who shoot up protests, schools, churches, night clubs, social gatherings, street corners, what purpose does the NRA serve?

22 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Have you been to Australia or met any Australians?

2 hours ago, Troy said:

We contribute to poor's ignorance, then hold it against then.

It is profitable.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano speaks of several civil wars he is not speaking of armed conflicts, so I'm more inclined to agree with him when speaks on the subject. 

The far right are armed and organised. Kyle Rittenhouse is going to be the litmus test for the far right and White Nationalists.

Troy

Wasn't Australia original populated with people formerly incarcerated in Europe?

Yes.
So was the southern colonies of the United States like Georgia and the Carolinas.

They cleared out the jails of England and gave them the choice to either come here and do the hard dirty agricultural work or get put to death.....lol....they made their choice.

What I found interesting was the island of New Zealand right next to Australia was founded by a higher "caste" or upper class of England and it's much more peaceful than Australia.  Infact their very English varnacular is different from Australia's!

There are a LOT of similarities between the the Caucasians in Australia and the Caucasians in the southern United States from their open racism, to their wild-west attitude, to their love of guns, ect......

image.jpeg.81e784375ccaa69ae02de6df85bd83c5.jpeg image.jpeg.4a97c3eb1cb064d76b11dd9217403515.jpegimage.jpeg.a91de2cf95e771a6f8f83180f796fabf.jpeg

If you believe that "criminal behavior" is passed down through generations like some racists would believe.....is there any wonder why the United States and Australia tends to be more violent and  than Europe because of their having been founded and populated by violent criminals.

Delano

Have you been to Australia or met any Australians?

Yes, ofcourse.

Maybe you guys are right.

Someone just texted me an article describing increased violence in Portland. Apparently militia groups are killing protesters with aplomb.

Oregon is very white state 78%.  I believe it was even illegal for free Black people to live there.

The vast majority of my new sales came from (presumably white folks) Seattle, so I don;t believe all the white folks feel threatened by the protests.

21 hours ago, Troy said:

Someone just texted me an article describing increased violence in Portland. Apparently militia groups are killing protesters with aplomb.

Oregon is very white state 78%.  I believe it was even illegal for free Black people to live there.

Lol....
Actually, Oregon is even WHITER than that!
The vast majority of the AfroAmericans in the entire state are piled up in one neighborhood on the northside of Portland.

But speaking of Portland just over night apparently an Agent Orange supporter was shot and killed during one of these clashes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/us/portland-trump-rally-shooting.html

The militia groups were active in Kenosha the night when that 17 year old shot 3 people.
He was apparently a member of one of these militias who came up from out of town to engage the protesters.

I told you that they were going to start DEPUTIZING these racist militias to go out and do work for them!

Militia leaders who descended on Charlottesville condemn 'rightwing  lunatics' | US news | The Guardian

And also like I said, despite being racist these Caucasian militias  will be killing far more of EACHOTHER than anyone else.

I haven't read most of the responses because I'm stuck on the title of this topic,  "Conveniently Black".  This country thrives off the "convenient" oppressive tactics that "they" use to stay in control and to get what they want.  AND they know that the BEST way to get the results that they want begins and ends with us. 

The moral of the story, We are all Black Wallstreet-savvy & the strength of the Motherland is in our soul!   Clearly, we are the chosen one.  "Conveniently Black" - yes, we continue to set the stage of evolution and this country continues to reap the benefits our our "Conveniently Black" skin. 

They say that FEAR causes one to stay on the 'right side of caution', so instead of "them" embracing our power, they "conveniently" make laws to oppress and suppress.  It's not us, it's them!  Please don't get me wrong.  I don't hate - I hurt.  I hurt because I know, I see, I hear, but with that, I know, I see, I hear and that keeps me smiling with my head up - proud for being "Conveniently Black".

That stone of hope, to me, is more like a crater of Yes We Did, Yes We Can, Yes We Will!  

My "Conveniently Black" skin IS MY POWER! 

SAY IT LOUD.....I'M BLACK AND I'M PROUD!!!!!!!!!

Ya betta recognize baby!

• Like 1

Dee 

The title of this thread was in reference to vice Presidential Candidate Kamala Harris who is of both African and East Indian descent.

The argument is, she pretty much doesn't identify with her "Black" side unless it's politically convenient.

image.jpeg.8f70adfdb53ebc5cece4f67db80f8aa2.jpeg

For much of her career and life in general she identifies as Indian or chooses to be racially ambiguous.

Guest Dee Miller

Thanks for clarifying.  I’ll keep my response very brief .................OneLove.............stronger together............ Nuf said.