Black Voices: Printed Newsletter

This newsletter was created by Gwyn Ridenhour, Founder of Matchbook.  They cited AALBC, and other Black owned platforms as sources for the books they included in this printed Newsletter.  You can obtain a pdf version here.  I will be shipping copies with some AALBC Book orders.

The most notable part of the effort, besides the spirit in which the newsletter was created, was the fact that Gyyn and her team produced this newsletter for free and arranged for to shipped to booksellers for the price of shipping. I received my batch of 250 copies this week.  One indie bookstore even stepped up and volunteered to cover the cost of shipping for any store that needed the support! 

Again, companies like Amazon simply do not do this sort of thing.  I learning over and over again that there still are a great number of business that understand the power of working together to better serve the reader -- which ultimately helps our businesses.  Read more about Black Voices.

Black Voices Newsletter

This newsletter is reminiscent of the mailing Black expression sent year ago.  I also worked on the similar publication called African American Books That Click which was targeted to book stores and business as a way to help publishers and indie authors expand their reach.

Would anyone out there pay to receive a print version of this newsletter?