My First Public Reading of Auntie I Don’t Want You To Get Married

I originally saw this done on Instagram Live by one of the Big Publishers. I am in the process of doing my Black Children’s Book review weekly. I ran into a technical glitch so I will try it again tomorrow.

Undaunted, I decided to face the world with Twitter. I think it will give me more opportunities to polish my craft. So I humbly submit my first effort.

Let me know what you think 🤔.

Great Questions.

1. I drive Uber/Lyft/Yellow Taxi 🚖 I am at the airport between trips. That’s how I fund my project and rewrote my book.

2. The book cover. Before I had the cover you saw in the video done, which is the cover of the Paperback, I created the other cover for the Ebook. Because I had already started marketing the Pre-release sale I left it. So yes there are two covers. The ebook and the paperback. 

The paperback is also available through IngramSpark for wholesale and bookstores and distributors.

Yes that’s right about the screen name.

Loving Me books carries my paperback https://shop.aer.io/lovingmebooks/p/Auntie_I_Want_You_To_Get_Married/9780578721781-9421?collection=/0 

Clarence

My main concern is why don't you have any obvioulsy African (racially speaking) people pictured in your book?

All of the pictures you've shown us in the video are of light-brown skinned females with dark hair but they aren't obviously African.  They look more Asian or Meztizo.

The darkest one is the little girl on the cover, but the pictures you've shown inside the book feature what looks to be non-African women.

Both New York and Guyana are FULL of African peoples.

I drive Uber/Lyft/Yellow Taxi

That explains a lot.

Like most drivers (truck, taxi, ect.....) you probably sit up and listen to TALK radio all day.  

Talk radio is DOMINATED by right-wing racists.

A brother can be born and raised in the hood but after one year of truck-driving he comes back Republican and pushing Michael Savage at everyone who'll listen to him, lol.

Michael Savage: “I was very disappointed in the president attacking white  supremacy” | Media Matters for America

"Da' nations gawwn ta hell.....it's ova....it's ova folks"

58 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

Can your book be purchased here?

That’s a question for @Troy if he utilizes IngrahamSpark it’s available for him to sell the paperback. I currently make PDF copies available by direct sale along with paperbacks. I sold a Paperback yesterday morning to a rider. 

@Troy is Ilhan Omar African? The girl is about my complexion. Her mother is featured here. The step father is the man on the left. I made sure I used Black Americans as the guide for the girl. Guyanese come in all different shades along with African Americans. 

Because this is a series and will have many different adaptations I believe your concerns for darker skinned people are addressed.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Like most drivers (truck, taxi, ect.....) you probably sit up and listen to TALK radio all day.  

Talk radio is DOMINATED by right-wing racists.

I listen to a variety of stations from Wlib, NPR, Power 105.1 Hot 97. I don’t classify people as racist unless they make a consistent denigration of different people. And while Rush believes that the Right rule radio the News is similar on all stations. 

I became a Republican because I wanted to vote for Dr Ben Carson. After he dropped out the next choice was Trump because I was most familiar with him and his philosophy matched mine more closely than Hillary. At that time I was living in a NYC Shelter and hadn’t started listening to talk radio 📻. I hadn’t started driving at that time.

5A950582-ABCA-48C8-9680-751D7F407553.thumb.jpeg.fa8fc16c4482fe283659c28805285d5a.jpeg

Daniel

Well that picture looks a lot better and more representive of the AfroAmericans of Guyana and the United States than the others.

I understand that the Guyanese people are a mix of BOTH of African AND  East Indian peoples but the story appears to start in New York with an AfroAmerican child.

Now on to Ilhan Omar (yet ANOTHER powerful and attractive Black woman who married a white man @Troy!!!!) ..........

Rep. Omar Asks For 'Compassion' For Man Who Threatened Her | TimeIlhan Omar: Who is Minnesota's Somalia-born congresswoman? - BBC News

image.jpeg.209481ff71ab28a458d0732b889d428a.jpeg

((shakes head))

Ilhan is African both in the racial context AND regional context.
She is from Somalia (East Africa)

Where's a picture of her mother?

I want to see where Ilhan get's her beauty from....lol.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now on to Ilhan Omar (yet ANOTHER powerful and attractive Black woman who married a white man @Troy!!!!) ..........

Is this for real? I did not know this.  Seems Sistas like Ilhan are the rule, not the exception.  He does not strike me as Muslim either.

I'm still waiting to hear about a few one that married an ADOS.

OK I see the book.  It looks like it is set up as POD. The terms are work for me as a web based book seller, who collects payment before the book is mailed to a customer. 

For a physical bookstore it may be more difficult because the books are non-returnable.  Most stores will not take a chance, like that, on a new unknown author.

Black Press Radio Posted this on Twitter 🙂

I'm not aware of a site selling all three formats (there are more than three), other than Amazon. 

Right now I see books directly. I use Libro.fm for audiobooks (Libro has plans to do ebooks), and My Must Reads for eBooks (they also sell audiobooks).  Neither of these companies sell physical books.

Daniel

Africans come in all shades. But like stated earlier Guyana 🇬🇾 is where the story is set.

Yes, Africans come in all shades but remember that MOST of the different shades we have as AfroAmericans is a result of race MIXING (with Caucasians and Native Americans).

And this is the case in Guyana.

Most  Afro-Guyanese are mixed with Caucasians, Native Americans, and East Indians.  
That light skinned young lady in your first picture illustrates this.

Troy

People in Africa are different shades and this is not because of mixing with Caucasians, Native Americans, or East Indians.  How do you explain this

Believe it or not I have 2 answers to your question:

1. Many Africans in Africa...especially in Northern, Eastern, and South Africa....actual ARE mixed with Caucasians.  They are mixed with Arabs, Persians, and other Caucasians from the Middle East.  They just aren't called "white" like the Europeans are.
And this mixing has been taking place for THOUSANDS of years.

If you look at MOST of the Puerto Ricans you grew up with and MOST of the Arabs from Egypt or Libya....except for language or dress, you can barely tell them apart.
This is because they are BOTH mixed race people.

2. But yes, there are millions of UN-mixed African groups who still come in different shades naturally without any mixing.
The simple answer is  I don't know why.

2 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

yes, there are millions of UN-mixed African groups who still come in different shades naturally without any mixing.
The simple answer is  I don't know why.

It is because African has is the most genetically diverse population on Earth.  Everyone can trace their ancestry back to Africa. Africa is the birth place of the human race.

Troy

It is because African has is the most genetically diverse population on Earth. 

Perhaps this is the case.

There are African populations who are naturally very dark like those of South Sudan.

InternationalWomensDay: Women in South Sudan have little to celebrate

And those who are naturally very light like the San people of southern Africa.

Heading to Africa? Here's Why You'll Fall For Namibia | Intrepid Travel Blog

I've heard there are more languages in sub-Saharan Africa than anywhere on the planet combined.

Perhaps this "diversity" is a major reason why there is so much division among African people worldwide and such a lack of unity.

Troy

In many cases competition is good, except when it leads to  DISUNITY during a time when we need it.

But generally speaking, competition is good.

And to a certain extent even GREED is good, because it's a good motivator.

But despite the differences  Caucasians may have in religions and nationalities....they will put their differences on the back burner and unite when it comes to YOU and YOUR oppression.

Look at New York City and how the Italians and Irish and Jewish gangs fought with eachother in the street like cats and dogs UNTIL AfroAmericans started coming to the city in larger numbers and then they put all of that shit to the side and focused on AfroAmericans.  

I think we look at unity differently.  I would like to see us unified on a global level -- yeah I know we'll never see this, but I think it is a worthy goal.  It would allow us to deal more effectively with things that effect all of us like climate change.

Unity within the Black community would be a natural consequence of unity across all of humanity.

When you described Caucasians of different ethnic backgrounds "unifying" to oppress Black people, I don't see that as unification, rather I see it is the definition of disunity Italians/Irish/Jewish against Black people.

@Troy That’s why I am working with Akoobooks and Dr. Jeffries and Dr. Small have been working in Ghana. If you look at the Black Immigrant community they have been importing and exporting for decades.

We can tap in and develop those cultural/economic ties. Right now man second and third generation are voluntary severing their ties.

Troy

I think we look at unity differently.  I would like to see us unified on a global level -- yeah I know we'll never see this, but I think it is a worthy goal.  It would allow us to deal more effectively with things that effect all of us like climate change.

LOL.....how could uniting with those who helped CAUSE the climate change in the first place, help bring an end to it?

Caucasians  are the ones primarily RESPONSIBLE for the pollution of the planet that contributes to the climate changes.  
Before their coming to a land you didn't hear about the ground or water being poisoned or polluted.  It comes as a result of their technology.

Unity within the Black community would be a natural consequence of unity across all of humanity.

I don't think it would because you can't "unite" with Caucasians on any meaningful level.
Collectively speaking (because there are some individual Caucasians who are good people) they don't desire to unite with you but RULE over and DOMINATE you.

For them, "unity" means they are the Masters and you are the Subject/Slave.

Daniel / Troy

That’s why I am working with Akoobooks and Dr. Jeffries and Dr. Small have been working in Ghana. If you look at the Black Immigrant community they have been importing and exporting for decades.

We can tap in and develop those cultural/economic ties. Right now man second and third generation are voluntary severing their ties.

Now Troy, I THIS is the type of unity I'm all in for.
I think there should be more unity between AfroAmericans and Continental Africans.

When African immigrants started coming here decades ago we should have had well built thriving communities to welcome them to.
But because we didn't, most of them were...and still are....forced to live with and work for Caucasians and not even get to know us.

I also think their should be more sexual activity and dating between AfroAmericans and Continental Africans  because it helps improve social ties which SOLIDIFIED economic and political ties between both groups.
Back when the Africans would run away from slave plantations and live among the Native Americans.....African and Natives would marry eachother as a form of solidifying contracts and showing comradery.    If you allow a man to have sex with your daughter or sister that is one of the ultimate displays of trust and friendship.