Digital Goody Bags Question

Yvonne

Hi all,

I hope this is alright to post here.

I'm celebrating my birthday by hosting a bookclub birthday party where we discuss my book, Remembered. As part of the event, I'm having actors read extracts (also as a teaser for the Audiobook Live event I'm hosting in February). I'll also be reading from the book, answering some of my favorite questions, and genuinely celebrating getting a year older. Although the event is online, there will be a Remembered themed-playlist and Remembered-themed menu. 

I want to offer goody bags for people that help me celebrate. What sort of digital treat would you recommend? In my head, I'm picturing maybe a printable bookmark? When I attend online events that have digital treats, they seem to be newsletters and magazine samples. 

What digital treat would you appreciate?

thanks,

Yvonne

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yvonne said:

What sort of digital treat would you recommend?

@Yvonne  Welcome!  I love this idea!  I was just complaining about keepsakes that I will never use or stick in a box.  I'm tired of hoarding LOL.  I would I prefer something digital.  One of the digital keepsakes I like is royalty-free videos, photos, memes and gifs that I can share on my website without fear of someone coming to sue me.  For example, I asked @Troy if I could print t-shirts with the readingblack.com logo - and he said yes! That works for both of us - I sell a t-shirt I get the money and he gets the exposure.  Thank you for being environmentally friendly too :)

• Like 1

Thank you, @Troy I really like the idea of a coupon to a bookstore. I could do some in the US and some in the UK and put a limit to how many I give of each so it doesn't get too costly. If I do that, I'm thinking I won't have the actors this time around. That might not be a bad thing since I want the actors to help me celebrate the anniversary of the audiobook/paperback publication day for the US edition.

I'll look into how a bookstore coupon might work. I'm wondering if I would buy gift certificates through the bookstore and then give out the codes.

Thanks, it's a great idea!

Thank you for the welcome and the great idea, @Mel Hopkins! I love this idea too! I'm going to think about what royalty-free content I can share or make. This gives me some ideas. Thank you!

Wonderful ideas. Thanks for this.

As a reforming clutter bug, I like the idea of giving and receiving something that is not material "stuff."

You might also share links to interesting sites that fit in with your book's theme.

For instance, songs, youtube clips, something from Internet Archives  https://archive.org/index.php , which includes movies,

books, and videos.

Much success on your event.