Black? Independent? Houston We have a Problem

We can indeed break the cycle, but it starts with a proper knowledge of self and a proper knowledge of Caucasian racism.

If we DON'T know who we are and what we're capable of, we will limit ourselves.

And if we DON'T know who the Caucasians are and what they have, are, and will continue to do....our people will keep making the same mistakes with them over and over again all the while scratching their heads wondering why things just aren't "turning out right".

AfroAmericans can't continue to "ignore" racism and bury thier heads in the sand as to  the major role racism plays in our attempts at progress.

Because as soon as you establish something you're going to welcome Caucasians in to be apart of it and they will SABATOGE it and either try to take control over it or destroy it.

For example........

Look at Hiphop.

It's a multi BILLION dollar industry that started out as an creative musical artform by inner city AfroAmerican youth.

As long as it remained primarily controled by US it made many of our people wealthy, provide a good form of entertainment, and brought a level of social awareness to the community.
The entire world was falling inlove with the Black man and how we could rhyme, sing, and the smooth dances we did.
Even the Japanese were obsessed with Hiphop in the United States and tried to imitate us.

As soon as Caucasians came with bags of money begging to "get in" and many of our artists SOLD OUT and offered to teach them everything they knew about the industry.....

All of a sudden Hiphop degenerated to:

-"gangsta rap" fueling inner city violence
-disrespect and abuse of women
-massive and chronic drug abuse
- gangs that were previously known only in Los Angeles became world-wide

This was no accident.
This was done on purpose.

Racist Caucasians saw the AfroAmerican youth doing something positive, saw how impressed the rest of the world was, and set themselves to the task of trying to SABATOGE it by flooding it with money, buying off rappers, promising the worse ones the most rotation and media coverage, and encouraging them to write and produce self-destructive morally degenerate songs, and even killing eachother.

So ANYTHING we do must start off with a proper knowledge of self and a proper knowledge of White Supremacy.

If not, most of what you attempt is already doomed for failure before it even walks out the front door.

After that..................

We need to work on getting our own independent NATIONAL BROADCAST television network
Not just a youtube channel.
Not just a cable channel like BET.
But we need a BROADCAST television network like NBC or ABC that anyone with or without a subscription can plug in, sit down, and watch without having to get the permission of Caucasian network executives or sponsors to tell our stories and speak to ourselves.

Daniel

It's not so much that what I'm saying is wrong or insignificant....it's that you don't want to hear it.

Your mind is made up about what you think the problems are and what you think the solutions are.

If someone comes along and says what you want to hear and are in agreement you'll praise it as a marvelous solution, strategy, etc....even if it has proven  to be totally ineffective from a practical point of view.

I'll admit that I often use excessive words to try to get people to understand a point I'm trying to make.

It's a habit from years of having advisory and executive roles in community organizing where I often had to keep repeating myself or use numerous examples to get the same relatively simple points across so that the average person in the community could understand them.

But some of the ways to break the cycle is by:

-Establishing our own AfroAmerican owned and controlled NATIONALY BROADCAST media in order to speak to each other freely and without permission by Caucasian platforms.

- ESTABLISH AN ACTUAL CULTURE among ourselves as AfroAmericans.  
By culture I mean a SET pattern of diet, music, marriage customs, language, etc.....that doesn't change from generation to generation.  A strong culture is the GLUE to keep any community stable.  It also keeps our traditions and values from being corrupted from outside forces.

-  Promoting more SKILLED TRADES professions in our community so that those who can't or won't go to college can learn how to build up and maintain the physical infrastructure of their neighborhoods instead of allowing them to crumble.  Everyone should have  OPTIONS to make a living for themselves instead of being bottle-necked into one particular direction.

Is that short and sweet enough for you?

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 I appreciate the effort. And the fact that you are open to suggestions. It does mean that we can continue to have a dialogue.

I agree with your first point that communication is essential. I am fond of terrestrial systems also. I do see that there would be a need for not only TV, but radio. Most likely coordination with cable networks would accelerate the process. The biggest con is that these systems may not be relevant 10 years after 5G is installed.

Cultural unity is a point of contention. If Africa could not regionally unite in hundreds of years I doubt it would be possible here. Also I am not sure it would be desirable. We don’t want to replace a white boot with a black one.

• Thanks 1

Daniel

I agree with your first point that communication is essential. I am fond of terrestrial systems also. I do see that there would be a need for not only TV, but radio. Most likely coordination with cable networks would accelerate the process. 

I definately agree 100% on the need for radio....nation wide radio that is easily accessed like the AM stations are.

One of the reasons Conservative talk radio is so popular isn't because of it's ideology so much as it's easy accessibility.  Any dimwit riding down the road can turn on the radio and get an earful of Rush Limbaugh ranting and raving for 3 hours.  You don't need a computer, you don't need to be tech savvy, just tune in anywhere.

The biggest con is that these systems may not be relevant 10 years after 5G is installed.

Nah, radio ain't going nowhere.
Every other house you pass by has some old fat bastid in the basement working on a "ham" radio sitting right next to his police scanner so that he can communicate with his racist militia buddies on the other side of town....lol.

Cultural unity is a point of contention. If Africa could not regionally unite in hundreds of years I doubt it would be possible here. Also I am not sure it would be desirable. We don’t want to replace a white boot with a black one.

As Americans we love our individuality and I think it's one of the better things about this nation, but in order for our community to survive and remain strong there needs to be a common set of principles and values that holds us together.

Over 95% of AfroAmericans all want the same things in this world.   The VAST majority desire wealth, great health, nice homes, a good sex life, a safe and peaceful environment to live in, and want to leave a better life for our children.  It's our differences in family up bringing, religion, and educational backgrounds which affect the way we see the world that creates much of the division among us.  We all agree on the End but differ on the Means.

Other groups.....especially immigrants...don't have that problem as much.
Look at the Arabs, the Koreans, the Indian, even the Latinos and how they UNDERSTAND what's expected of the men, women, and children.  
Each of them have their own culture that gives everyone a CLEAR role to play in the uplifting and maintaining of their community so the ONLY dispute that arises among them is how to divide the profits once they earn them.

If you are a true student of Napoleon Hill then you know he taught the power of the MASTER MIND and how united thinking among a group of people....even for bad reasons....works  synergistically to grant each member of that mind much more success than they would get on their own.

Establishing a set culture among us helps to produce that synergistic Master Mind effect because it eliminates most of the petty disputes over roles, duties, responsibilities, and failed expectation that keep people fighting and quarreling away the energy that should be used for building.   That way we can focus on achieving that "burning desire".

7 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Look at the Arabs, the Koreans, the Indian, even the Latinos and how they UNDERSTAND what's expected of the men, women, and children.  

Each of these groups have NATIONS and in the American context it's their National Identity which bonds them together. It also provides a context. It's quick for Black American's to choose an African Country and adopt one of it's cultures and work with that community. It would lead to even more success in the Black American community.

Daniel

This may sound strange coming from me, but although we should study the various cultures of Africa and strengthen our ties to her.....I don't know that we should even look to Africa to determine what OUR values should be as AfroAmericans at this point.

As cold as it may sound......
Whatever they were practicing over the centuries, it seems to have ALLOWED many of them to be conquered and colonized by whoever came their way whether it was the Europeans, the Arabs, and now the Chinese think it's their turn.  That's not a culture that I want to imitate.

We may have to MAKE UP a culture tailored to fit our own needs.  
Like Dr. Claude Anderson says, we are a UNIQUE people with a unique experience and we need a culture uniquely designed to cater to our needs.

I think being in America grants us the PERFECT opportunity for those of us of various religious, political, and other backgrounds to DECIDE what type of culture is best for us and our future.

-What type of marriage/family structure is best for US?
-What type of diet/food is best for US?
-What do we want to schools to teach OUR children, or do we even want them to go to school or be home schooled?
-What should fathers be teaching the boys; what should the mothers be teaching the girls?

The great thing is that we are living in a relatively stable and tolerant society that permits this type of dialog and organization.
Like you said, we don't have "the boot" on us.
Many other nations and cultures are so SET in their ways and INTOLERANT of anything different that the only way a person can express any individuality, innovation, and creativity is to pack up and SNEAK the hell out for greener pastures.

Bruno Vekemans - Man with suitcase - Catawiki

"I think I will go to  AmerEEka!
Open up the LEEquor store!"

1. Africa is coming here. While there maybe shortcomings the values of the Africans seem well suited for success here.

2. The Black American is not unique in its experience. For two reasons. A. Slavery occurred in different countries. B. Blacks globally are migrating here.

Migration is a natural part of human existence. Immigration policy is to protect the people in a country from being over run by new comers who don’t share those tolerant views.

3. We have a mental boot on our neck which comes from Social Hereditary which is a powerful force that Napoleon Hill discusses in the Law of Success.

Daniel

While there maybe shortcomings the values of the Africans seem well suited for success here.

You're right, and while people constantly talk about the success of Asians, some of the MOST successful immigrants in the United States are Africans....especially Nigerians.
Nigerians tend to be the most educated and highest income group when you break the immigrant population down by NATIONALITY instead of RACE.

But the reasons for African immigrant success is simple:
a) Most West African nations implement  the BRITISH educational system which is superior to the U.S. public educational system.
b) They have a CULTURE.

Even if it's not the best culture, it still unites them around and focuses them on a single set of purposes so that they can work together under the Mastermind principle to achieve them.   When Nigerians COME here they already have a plan and a BURNING DESIRE to work it.

The Black American is not unique in its experience. For two reasons. A. Slavery occurred in different countries. B. Blacks globally are migrating here.

Yes, slavery existed in other nations but the TYPE of slavery experienced in the United States was (and is) unlike any other slavery that was practice on the planet.  No other nation actually BRED and RAISED slaves one generation after the next.  That's why it was called the PECULIAR INSTITUTION.

Further, like I said...unlike the Black people migrating from other nations who STILL HAVE THEIR CULTURE when the come here....the process of slavery purposely STRIPPED the Black American of his natural culture to dis-organize and confuse him and in return gave him a culture of ignorance and superstition.

Immigration policy is to protect the people in a country from being over run by new comers who don’t share those tolerant views.

And it's not working properly in the United states because all around this nation you have  pockets of immigrants who are ALLOWED to keep certain toxic aspects of their native cultures that are very harmful to this nation and especially to AfroAmericans.   Most of the immigrants who come to the United States are RACIST.  Many prefer to live around and work around ONLY their own kind.   They don't even like but will tolerate the White folks who allowed them to come in since they are in power, but they have LITTLE to NO tolerance for AfroAmericans and often will openly express this intolerance.
That's the type of racist intolerance that they shouldn't be allowed to bring into the nation.

We have a mental boot on our neck which comes from Social Hereditary which is a powerful force that Napoleon Hill discusses in the Law of Success

As I said before, when AfroAmericans were being made slaves they were STRIPPED of their natural cultures and given a culture of ignorance and superstition that was passed down (inherited) from one generation to the next, but like Mr. Hill said....even this can be overcome with focused effort.
It took several generations to INGRAIN these negative social hereditary traits into our community and it may take several generations to UPROOT them.
But someone has to take the initiative.

Keep in mind when I discuss these things I don't expect the AfroAmerican community as a whole or even the majority or half to implement them, only a small dedicated group who have a burning desire for a change for the better and success.  

I still have the original large volume Law of Success from 1929 tucked away somewhere.
I believe he said the ONLY thing that a person can't overcome is lack of brain power.....damn, lol.

Please reread the part about relevant and irrelevant facts. I know you are knowledgeable, but you mask your intelligence and critical thinking ability by being verbose. 

Your statement validated my approach. But you attribute the success to England. Wrong answer. You need to look at the Association the Igbo and Yourba and other Nigerian people participate in. The most important component of success are social networks and how we utilize them. 

Daniel

Please reread the part about relevant and irrelevant facts. I know you are knowledgeable, but you mask your intelligence and critical thinking ability by being verbose.

"verbos"
Looks like I learned a new word today, lol.

I'll try man....I'll try......

Your statement validated my approach. But you attribute the success to England. Wrong answer. You need to look at the Association the Igbo and Yourba and other Nigerian people participate in. 

I didn't  attribute the success of Nigerians directly to England, I said the BRITISH EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM that's implemented in Nigeria...which is superior to most U.S. public educational systems in terms of ensuring proper literacy and math....is in part responsible for their success.  It prepares them better for the university and I.T. world.

However I would attribute MOST of their success to their  CULTURE (way of doing things).  The business networking that you speak of is only part OF a greater overall culture.   This culture also includes having a PLAN and a SUPPORT GROUP (the Association you speak of)  for each other when they arrive here.  Every immigrant group has or had some sort of association to help and protect them whether it was the Cosa Nostra for the Sicilians, Triad for the Chinese, Irish, Jews, etc....

As AfroAmericans we USED TO rely heavily on being a Mason or Elk and our connections with those organizations both economic and social support and opportunity.  Now for the most part it's just a "fad" or social club to brag about being in.  

But besides achieving one's goals, how would you define "success"?

In other words......
How would you know if  and when we've achieved success as a community?

Houston, the only problem I see is that we keep letting people get in our head.  I bet none of us can even count the number of inventions, millionaires, discoveries, break-throughs, successes, this-because-of-that accomplishments, heroes, champions, etc.... in which we've contributed, spear-headed, and brought to life so we've got the skills, knowledge, money, intellect, soul, dedication, work ethic, means.... In other words, we have ALL of the ingredients to do what ever it is we want - we just have to <TRUST >each other and stop letting them continue to seep into our head.  

Yes, we've been stripped, whipped, killed, degraded, brainwashed, branded, labeled and all of the other oppressive verbs you can think of, but still we stand.   I want to spend my money in Little Africa, Chocolate City, an area of our own.  Hey, I trust, I believe, I know, I support and I follow as often as I can.  

Admittedly, I've fallen for the okey-doke more times than I'd like to admit, but you do better when you know better and you stand in your commitment -  so let's stop giving everyone else all of the attention cause we don't have to.    

In other words....

How do you know if and when we've achieved success as a community?

*We know that we've succeeded as a community when we stay the course and stop letting people get in our heads, when we TRUST and when we take action in spite of.  It will be a hill to climb, but we've been there, done that.  History proves it. 

And by the way, let's not forget that there are already lots of success stories out there!  I'm very proud of the blood, sweat, tears, dedication, commitment, focus and drive that has made them the success that they are!!  I will continue to support however and whenever I can!  SO PROUD OF YOU!!

Baby steps yield big accomplishments, commitment yields attention, support yields trust and perseverance, in spite of, yields success.  I look forward to buying from and strolling through Little Africa, Chocolate City, G.A.P, The town that Blacks made. 

YES WE CAN!

• Thanks 2

@Troy I am trying to upload images but I get -210 errors.

19 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But besides achieving one's goals, how would you define "success"?

In other words......
How would you know if  and when we've achieved success as a community?

We are a success as a community as @Dee Miller says. Right now we are moving from surviving to thriving.

@daniellegfny raised a good topic.  I agree with @Dee Miller's statement and @Pioneer1's statement on how to break the cycle.

Independence is key.

We are all dependent upon each other we can not provide food, maintain an infrastructure, protect the environment, etc, all by ourselves -- all Americans need each other for some very basic things.

But in terms of our communities and especially our businesses, we can not continue to support massive corporations, we have to support our own businesses.  Either we are owners or sharecroppers. As a sharecropper you create wealth for the landowner -- never yourself or community.

Sharecropping is better than starving, but you have to risk starvation to be free.  Most, it appears, are not willing to take the risk, and maybe they shouldn't, because they are ill-prepared to take on the risk.

Independence requires a supportive community, training and education, and obviously a desire for it.

-------------

Yes I noticed that problem too @daniellegfny and am working on it as I get a chance.  If you know HTML you can go into source mode and insert images that way, but I appreciate that will be too technical for most

Dee

"Mama, Rog paid me $5 NOT to tell you that he, Rerun, and Dwayne went to that party....so I won't tell you".....lol

Uplifting post, as usual.

Although SOME of us are doing very good as individuals, COLLECTIVELY our ethnic group as AfroAmericans has declined economically, socially, and even intellectually over the past 40 years.
I remember when we had FAR more AfroAmerican businesses and great paying jobs than we currently have today.

Daniel

I also took in account the Ashanti role in the slave trade, the current Chinese infiltration and its proximity to Nigeria 🇳🇬.

Perhaps you should be learning Mandarin as well, lol.

We are a success as a community as Dee Miller says. Right now we are moving from surviving to thriving.

Do you call surviving hell, "success"?

Why should people consider merely surviving a "success" when they're living in a condition WORSE than death itself?

A lot of White folks got sense.
If they were faced with having to live in a hellish situation with no power and constantly losing  they just KILL themselves.
But a negro will brag about living in humiliation.

Troy

We are all dependent upon each other we can not provide food, maintain an infrastructure, protect the environment, etc, all by ourselves -- all Americans need each other for some very basic things.

AfroAmericans collectively need Caucasians to provide them with their basic needs (food, clothing, shelter, ect...) because most of our people can't even make their own TOILET PAPER.

Caucasians need AfroAmericans for ENTERTAINMENT.  We are good at making music, playing sports, and keeping them entertained while they're not working.

Where did you see James Smalls?

I'm sure you remember James Small the professor I was talking about.....

I do remember in a few of his lectures and what folks said about him that he was building some sort of compound in West Africa but I hadn't had a chance to see it until Daniel posted those pictures.
I wanted to go check the place out years ago but wasn't keen on taking all those shots they want you to take when traveling to so-called "third world" nations.

That brother has a LOT of knowledge and has a long history in the Black Power post-Civil Rights era.

Yes I'm familiar with Smalls. I was just curious how Danielle came to speak with him?

@Pioneer1 all I'm trying to say is that could be not be trying to build and maintain the interstate highway system by ourselves.  All Americans must to contribute to this.  As far a our own communities we should rely on ourselves and our businesses more.  

Troy

I was just curious how Danielle came to speak with him?

Probably picked him up in Uber/cab to take him to a lecture or event somewhere and started running his mouth to him......lol.

image.jpeg.40f8411d75aa2e805fb817a1f5486c5f.jpeg

"So uhhh....how do you like our President???"

"Are you one of them LIBERAL professors????"

I don't know about the James Small YOU know, but the James Small I've seen online would have been the WRONG person to reveal your fondness of Trump to, lol.

• Haha 1

@Pioneer1lololol... "Mama, Rog paid me $5 NOT to tell you that he, Rerun, and Dwayne went to that party....so I won't tell you".....lol,  Now, that was funny!  Yeah, it's all giggles and laughs til somebody gets hoit.   If I had a dolla for every Dee reference to "What's Happening!" ...man...  But much love to that oldie but goodie!!!

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Troy

I was just curious how Danielle came to speak with him?

Probably picked him up in Uber/cab to take him to a lecture or event somewhere and started running his mouth to him......lol.

I called him up. You still don’t know me. But that’s ok. That’s why I am reintroducing myself. 

Besides these guys are not stuck up. They maintain a posture of Humility. That’s why they are revered.

Daniel

I called him up. You still don’t know me. But that’s ok. That’s why I am reintroducing myself. 

He can obviously speak for himself, but I think Troy's question ISN'T so much how you were able to get into contact with Professor Smalls recently, but how you came to know him in the first place.

I know he was pretty active in the New York/New Jersey area in the late 60s and 70s so perhaps your activist father probably knew him also.

We meet at the TV studio where my friend Stan was filming his TV show. He was there with Dr Jeffries who I had known from my college days in the 80’s. 

I know my father debated Malcolm X. But for the most part Pan Africans and Communist didn’t mix much. 

Besides my father wasn’t the only activist. I am still an activist. 

Dan

Besides my father wasn’t the only activist. I am still an activist.

From what you've shared, you seem to be in active OPPOSITION to the anti-Capitalist ant-exploitation cause that your father was actually fighting for.

Presuming that he's no longer with us, do you think HE would have approved of your political and economic positions?

• Like 1

By the way while I was looking up my bio, I found this article that mentioned my father https://nyti.ms/2H2KKM9 

It was moves like this that would lead to the election of the first Black Mayor of Newark, NJ. The New York Times had several spelling mistakes.

Here’s an article from 20 years later https://www.csmonitor.com/1984/0530/053028.html We still have not achieved a Black Governor of New Jersey. It believe it’s because there has not been a Political Strategist on the scene like my father. 

One of Interviews I did a few years ago https://susangoudy.com/1-minute-30-day-success-with-clarence-coggins/ 

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

You tell me. My father was his campaign manager http://riseupnewark.com/earl-harris/

You said "his" campaign manager as if you were talking about Donald Trump.....lol.

But if I read the article correctly Earl Harris STARTED off as a Republican but then CHANGED to being a Democrat for the bulk of his career.
This is when your father was supporting him; as a Democrat not as a Republican.

.....if I'm wrong perhaps you can point out the mistake.

No my father was the one who got elected as a Republican. Party affiliations are meaningless. It’s about what and who is going to get the most for your community. As the Jesse Jackson State Coordinator he made the observation that depending upon results it may create the opportunity for a new party.

1987-1988: Earl Harris (Republican), Elected 1986. Died in office in 1988. Harris was a longtime Newark City Council President who joined the Republican ticket in 1986 to run with Amato. He defeated East Orange attorney Daniel Williams.

This was as Essex County Surrogate his last position.

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

No my father was the one who got elected as a Republican. Party affiliations are meaningless. It’s about what and who is going to get the most for your community. As the Jesse Jackson State Coordinator he made the observation that depending upon results it may create the opportunity for a new party.

????

Perhaps I'm not properly comprehending the article or how it relates to what you're saying because NONE of this is reflected in the article you posted:

http://riseupnewark.com/earl-harris/

That entire article was about some dude named "Earl Harris" and his political career, the name "Coggins" isn't even mentioned.