61 Bestselling Books for July/August 2020

Troy

@Troy

I read the synopsis of Ms Butler's book, and was  thoroughly impressed; how I ended up with an inclination towards the dystopian genre is beyond me. Regardless, in an attempt to begin migrating from the "big" book seller, I was wondering if you had a few suggestions as to where fans of e-book publications may be able to direct their purchases to support Black owned publishers/distros? After reading hardcovers, we typically share the books in little free libraries thoughout the area, which is well intentioned, yet doesn't align with our goals for Mother 🌍 

Many thanks!

- O.W. Showe

owshowe.com 

Butler's novel, which I first read last year, has found a new audience given it's dystopian future of America.

I'm not aware of a Black-owned ebook publisher, same goes for audiobooks.  I'm not saying there are not any -- I'm just not aware of them.  If you learn of any please share.

If there is a Black-owned platform that sells a large list of titles, can be easily integrated with AALBC, used DRM, and available on a wide variety of platforms I would adopt it tomorrow. 

For ebook sales I use Hummingbird: hummingbirddm.com/ for audiobooks I use Libro.fm.

You can see examples of how I refer sales of ebook and audiobooks on the page I have for Parable of the Sower. Of course I sell the physical books directly.

photo of Parabale of the Sower page

5 hours ago, Troy said:

has found a new audience given it's dystopian future of America.

During the pandemic, I began writing about everything in my environment, as well as the things that we don't see. The initial goal of E.A./2020 was an engaging period piece, yet it metamorphosed into dystopia. Butler's synopsis definitely caught my eye...

Thank you for the guidance, per use.

- O.W. Showe

owshowe.com