Black, Fathers ,. Fatherhood. Show !!

In. Oprah Winfrey Own Network. A. Show. About. Black. Fathers, Rich-Famous. Black. Men. Including. Christian. Idiots. Preacher. T. D Jakes -Kirk Franklin . Average. Black. Men. Are. Involved. Fathers ,Black Men -In. Poor. Communities. Are. Involved. With. Their. Children. Rich -Black. Men  Talking  About  Fatherhood  .  Who  Cares.  The Rich -Money  Hustling  Preacher  T  D  Jakes  Will  Not  Talk  About  -Preachers  Murdering  Their  Wives,,Preachers  Caught  With -Prostitutes ,Preachers  RAPING Children  .  Preachers. Having -Children. With. Mistresses.. Preachers. Stealing. Money. To. Buy, Cars-Not. Caring. About. Poor. Black. Communities. Kirk. Franklin  A -Idiot -Black. Christians. Are. Idiots. They,Crawl  In. Church. Helping. -Preachers. Buy. Cars. And. Mansions ..Black. Caring. Fathers. Are Not -All. Rich. And. Famous..Most. Go. To. Work. . They. Do. Not. Steal -Like Corrupt.  Snake. Preachers. ,Corrupt. Singing. Christians.....

It's a shame that so many AfroAmerican men have abandoned their children over the years that now a days if one just sticks around the house and watch their children grow up, then they are considered a "good father".
There's more to being a "good father" than just hanging around making sure your children eat and don't get hit by a car.

It's hard for Black men to be GOOD fathers in this society because too many are ignorant and powerless.

Although the vast majority have the physical ability (achieve an erection and ejaculate sperm) to become a father,  for a lot of brothers it ENDS right there.

1) Being able to choose the RIGHT woman to have children with
2) Being able to protect and provide the basic necessities for that woman and child
3) Having enough knowledge to earn a good living for yourself and family
4) Having the power to keep what you earn and pass it along to your offspring

....these are just SOME of the basic requirements every man should have established before bringing a life into this world.

If we were to tell the truth, a lot of Black men and women would have to admit that their children were MISTAKES.**
They didn't intend to have them.
They were having sex and having fun and someone got reckless or for whatever reason the birth control didn't equipment didn't work as it should and the woman ended up pregnant with a child neither really wanted....but kept.
This happens too often.

**  No human being who is allowed to be born is a mistake.  They were brought into this reality on purpose by The Divine for reasons both known and unknown.  However because the parents didn't intend for them to be born it was a mistake as far as THEY are concerned.

Troy

Sure a lot of children are born into sub optimal conditions. What do you propse we do about it?

It's hard to say because everone has different moral values and beliefs about abortion and other forms of birth control.

I support birth control including abortion for those who wish to do so.  Although it is killing a life, if it happens BEFORE the child is born I don't see it as murder.  I believe if The SUPREME BEING intends on a child to be born then you won't be able to abort it anyway.

I say that to say that in MY opinion you shouldn't bring children into the world unless you KNOW (as best you can as a human) that you can PROPERLY support them and raise them.  If you don't think you can do that you shouldn't take the chance OR behave in a reckless way that will allow them to be born unintendedly then EXPECT "Jesus" to provide for them.

If you want to have sex with a lot of women....do that.
If you want to have sex with a lot of men....do that.
I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you aren't forcing yourself on anyone.
Just don't be reckless and careless spreading diseases and making a lot of children that neither of you can or even want to take care of.

But when it comes to what is best for a successful AfroAmerican community I personally prefer QUALITY over QUANTITY.

Meaning I would rather have 5 million very smart properly raised AfroAmericans making progress on this planet,  than 50 million poorly raised ignorant criminals and fools running around terrorizing themselves and the rest of the nation.

I like to point to the Jews as an example of quality over quantity......
They make up only a FRACTION of the population that AfroAmericans do in this nation, but have considerably more power and success. 
I'm not 100% sure why, but based on my personal observations much of it is due to them focusing more on having a limited number of children within a marriage structure and then improving the QUALITY of those limited amount of children and making sure they grow up well educated and with enough wealth and connections for a successful life.....as opposed to just having child after child after child by whoever without a plan to support themselves OR their children.

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

MY opinion you shouldn't bring children into the world unless you KNOW (as best you can as a human) that you can PROPERLY support them and raise them

Have you raised any kids?  This is not something that you can KNOW until you actually do it. Spouses flake out, some kids are actually very challenging, then there are jobs losses, pandemics, etc, etc.

I do however agree completely with the spirot of your statement.

It always boggled my mind why so many guys have children by so many women and don't live with any of their kids. Why do so many women have kids by multiple men who, based upon their behavior, have demonstrated they have no problem not being in their children's lives. Some men/women seemingly have no problem with this while others find it unconscionable.

Surely women knowingly having kids by men they know will not raise of them are aware their lives will be much harder. Is it because they know no ither way?

Troy

Human beings don't KNOW the future but with proper wisdom and observance you can PREDICT a lot of it.

It's one thing for  a stable young man and woman who don't have too much money but both of them have decent paying jobs and have a nice home already, to try to have a child even though they aren't sure what the future may hold but love eachother and are willing to take that chance.
I can understand that.

But damn man.....lol.
You're a 17 year old girl, no father, you're living with your mother who's a drug addict and you've slept with so many dudes you aren't even sure who the father IS let alone whether or not he'll help raise the child.
There is NO WAY you should be having children....not even taking that chance!

Let's not use the unpredictability of life as an excuse NOT to properly prepare for it and behave recklessly.

It always boggled my mind why so many guys have children by so many women and don't live with any of their kids. Why do so many women have kids by multiple men who, based upon their behavior, have demonstrated they have no problem not being in their children's lives. Some men/women seemingly have no problem with this while others find it unconscionable.

Surely women knowingly having kids by men they know will not raise of them are aware their lives will be much harder. Is it because they know no ither way?

I can adequately answer the question with three simple words:  THEY DON'T CARE.

Like I said in another thread, many of our people should ADMIT that they don't care...that would make many things a lot easier and save us a lot of time and head scratching.

If they don't care if they get pregnant or get a disease or jacked up by a worthless crazy ass boyfriend....how much do you think they'd care about raising the child they had with him?

I don't believe "criminality" is passed along in the genes because I believe what is and isn't a crime varies from society to society.
But there IS evidence that intelligence and emotional stability may have a genetic component to it.  Which makes you wonder what type of disaster some of these crazy ass brothers are making in the hood sowing their wild oats all over the place.

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Let's not use the unpredictability of life as an excuse NOT to properly prepare for it and behave recklessly.

Ok, I'm fine with that.

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I can adequately answer the question with three simple words:  THEY DON'T CARE.

I'm not so sure. All the cases I'm aware of the women do seem to care -- very much. They work hard and struggle to do what they can for their children. Of course I know there are those who don't care, but I doubt that explains the whole story. Otherwise, they'd have abortions ir out the kids up for adoption.

Troy

Just so those who are reading this don't get the WRONG message of what I'm saying, let me make it clear.............

In the majority of cases, AfroAmerican mothers both married and unmarried strongly LOVE and deeply CARE for their children.  

But I'm making 2 points:

1. Many if not most AfroAmerican children born since the late 60s were not PLANNED.  
They are a result of parents recklessly having sex without taking all the necessary precautions to prevent pregnancy.
How well they love and care for the children after they are born is irrelevant because they didn't INTEND for them to be conceived in the first place.

2. And of those children who ARE a result of mistaken conception.....a large percentage of the parents really DON'T care for them, despite what they say out of their mouths.
We KNOW many of the fathers don't care because they abandoned both the child and the mother and only help when the government FORCES them to (child support, ect....).
But many of the mothers don't really care either but because they are the mothers they are often "stuck" with the responsibility or try to pass it off to the grandmothers.

Like you said earlier, you and many men can't believe this and don't understand how a person can NOT help take care of a life they helped to bring in the world.
But just because YOU feel strongly obligated to do something....doesn't mean everyone shares the same moral obligations.

Otherwise, they'd have abortions ir out the kids up for adoption.

Again, yes many mothers DO love and care for their children, but keep in mind there are many reasons for this besides them actually "caring" for their child.......

1. Many mothers don't HAVE to put their children  up for adoption because the living conditions are so dire that the STATE ends up taking them away anyway and putting them in the "system" where many end up suffering more abuse.

2. Many mothers don't have access to abortion clinics to have the procedure done.

3. Many mothers are in a state of RELIGIOUS CONFUSION.
Meaning, THEY will kill someone over an argument, will suck every dang-a-lang in town, and will cuss and shoot dope every night like it's going out of style....but ALL OF A SUDDEN get "holy" when it comes to abortion and declare it "murder" and refuse to abort the life they have absolutely NO intention of taking care of when it is born.

Confused as hell with their morals.

We see RELIGIOUS CONFUSION a lot with AfroAmericans.
Like Harry points out constantly, the same people who go to church every Sunday and praise Jesus will often shoot someone over $5 and cheat on their wife with every woman in the neighborhood.

image.jpeg.94fd035117cd477b000b6f8d690253fd.jpeg

"Hurry up, my wife'll be home in a minute!!"