Soul Brother’s Empowerment Package - Limited Time!

Troy

Books for Black Men.Get the Soul Brother’s Empowerment Package while supplies last! These books were specifically selected with Black men in mind.  Get all six for only $99, includes free two-day shipping and no sales tax (unless you are shipping to Florida).

New Fiction
The Awkard Black Man by Walter Mosley
Blacktop Wasterland by S. A. Cosby

Classic Fiction
Captain Blackman by John A. Williams

Classic Nonfiction
The Mis-Education of the Negro by Carter G. Woodson
The Destruction of Black Civilization by Chancellor Williams
The Souls of Black Folk (includes “The Talented Tenth” and “The Souls of White Folk”)

This bundle is available exclusively from AALBC — Even the big “A” cant sell new copies of all six books at this price!

"Soul Brother" is no longer a term commonly used as far as I can tell. I was gonna call this the "Black Man's Power package" would that or some variation using "Black man" have been better?  I thought what would it sound like if some white guy created a package called the "White Man's Power Package." To me it sounds racist...

But some believe racism is tied to power and therefore Black people can't be racist.  That is not an idea I fully embrace, but I see where those who believe it are coming from.

At any rate, white people could benefit from reading these books, but I know the VAST majority never will.  Though Williams, in his heyday, enjoyed broad appeal and acclaim as does Mosley... so you never know.

Maybe I should have just promoted the books as six excellent books titles ... nah I'll target my Brother's.  No one pays much attention to our mental nourishment.

On 9/20/2020 at 4:40 PM, Troy said:

But some believe racism is tied to power and therefore Black people can't be racist.  That is not an idea I fully embrace, but I see where those who believe it are coming from.

That comes from a Marxist perspective of the Hegelian Dialect and Historical Materialism. It’s where everything is the result of competing interest.

”Soul” seems to me be more commonly used when referring to food, Now the people are using the word that rhymes with Ninja to replace Soul Brother and the word that rhymes with Rich to replace Soul Sister.

I am not even sure if soul was something implanted upon our community. Well until we meet again. I leave you this 

@Troy Dialectic comprises three stages of development: first, the thesis, a statement of an idea; second, the antithesis, a reaction that contradicts or negates the thesis; and third, the synthesis, a statement through which the differences between the two points are resolved. Dialectical materialism, a theory or set of theories produced mainly by Karl Marxand Friedrich Engels, adapted the Hegelian dialectic into arguments regarding traditional materialism