Foundational Black Americans: We Need An Established Culture

THE SECRET OF SELLING THE NEGRO (1954) - YouTube

Recently my brother Tariq Nasheed held a conference down in Atlanta on the importance of unifying and embracing ourselves as AfroAmericans (or as he refers to us as "Foundational Black Americans")

I'm not sure if anyone on this site attended but if you did I'd like to hear (read) your thoughts on the event.

I've been saying for years that AfroAmericans NEED an actual culture.
We don't have our own culture.
We have a SUB-culture which is a modified form of the dominant Caucasian culture of the United States; but we don't have an actual culture of OUR OWN that includes all of the necessary ingredients for it to be called an actual culture for example our own:

-Language
-Diet
-Mating/Marriage Custom
-Religious/Moral Code

What we CURRENTLY practice is a modified form of what we see Caucasians in our environment practice.

-Language (Ebonics)
-Diet (Fried Chicken, Hog Maws, Souse, Chitterlin's, Mac-n-cheese, candied yams, okra, collards, etc
-Mating/Marriage Custom (Jumpin' the broom)
-Religious/Moral Code (prosperity ministry, holy roller, sanctified, negro spirituals and gospel music)

Seriously why disparage the Black "subculture?" Our culture is derived, necessarily, from multiple sources. indigenous, European, African, etc.

What do you want to do manufacture a culture our of whole cloth and expect everyone to simply embrace it?  You know it does not work that way right?

I did not hear about or attend the conference.  Can you share a link?

Nasheed lost a lot of credibility with me with his public beef with that heavy set brother that took all that money to start a school but never started it... name escapes me now.

Troy

Seriously why disparage the Black "subculture?" Our culture is derived, necessarily, from multiple sources. indigenous, European, African, etc.

It's a sub-culture of death and humiliation.

It's a CORRUPTION of the original Caucasian culture which works well for Caucasians but leads to a lot of diseases, crime, broken families, and humiliation for too many of our people who practice it.

Eating tons of spaghetti and macaroni works well for Caucasians but will give some AfroAmericans diabetes.

Drinking gallons of liquor everyday may make Caucasians happy and free spirited but would lead to violence and liver damage to many AfroAmericans.

Monogamous 1 man 1 woman marriages may work well for Caucasian men but will cause AfroAmerican men to cheat around on that one wife and eventually lead to a break up of the family.

What do you want to do manufacture a culture our of whole cloth and expect everyone to simply embrace it?  You know it does not work that way right?

Actually I would LOVE it if we could manufacture an entire culture from scratch but I don't see that happening anytime soon.  But what COULD happen and SHOULD happen is that all of the scholars and intellectuals get together and sit down and figure out the type of diet, mating customs, and other cultural traditions that work BEST for us and start incorporating it and passing it from one generation to the next.

I did not hear about or attend the conference.  Can you share a link?

No I don't have a link to it directly.
I just heard Tariq review a few details of it on his show but I don't know if he has the actual conference available on video for the general public yet.

He talks about a video of it in this link

Nasheed lost a lot of credibility with me with his public beef with that heavy set brother that took all that money to start a school but never started it... name escaped me now.

Lol @ the "heavy set brother who ran off with all the money".

For some reasons I was thinking of a Heavy D video.

I hear what you're saying but I have a question.......
If Umar is the one you said took all of the money and didn't build a school as he promised then why is TARIQ the one who lost credibility with you?

Because Tariq behaved like a child reacting to Umar. I always viewed Umar with suspicion. 

Yes, i too would like to sit down and craft codes of behavior for everyone else to follow, but again cultures are not created that way.

The stuff about spaghetti. alcohol, and numbers of partners is too riddled with stereotypes to address seriously.

In your culture we have multiple wives but can't drink? Dude that will never work lol!

Troy

Because Tariq behaved like a child reacting to Umar. I always viewed Umar with suspicion. 

Ok, that makes more sense.
Actually I agree with you that Tariq not only OVER reacted but BOTH of them reacted in a petty/juvenile way towards each other with the name calling and threats.  Those two seemed to have saved their most potent venom for each other instead of the racist Caucasian they both claim to be fighting against.

The stuff about spaghetti. alcohol, and numbers of partners is too riddled with stereotypes to address seriously.

Diabetes is real and it has actual causes, most of which can be traced back to improper eating habits.

As much as I love Soul Food, much of it was NOT designed for the African body type but merely spiced up waste food and left overs from a European diet filled with pastas, breads, and red meats.

Tons of starchy and greasy food may have been good for you when you were working from sun up to sun down picking cotton all day long and could BURN THE CALORIES.  But if all you're doing is sitting in a chair reviewing books or shuffling papers.....or just smoking weed...all day with minimal physical activity, those calories and sugars are building up in your system and doing damage.

In your culture we have multiple wives but can't drink? Dude that will never work lol!

It's about balance.

I wouldn't ban drinking I would allow it.
I'd allow drugs too.
But I would ALSO allow polygamy (multiple wives) and polyandry (multiple husbands) to be fair to the women.

The fact that so many Caucasians are pushing the LGBT agenda and pushing same-sex marriage but AfroAmerican men have YET to organize and push for polygamy when it's not only a more natural marriage for us but something most of us like to do anyway is shameful.
It speaks to the COWARDICE of so many AfroAmerican men.

Del

Maybe a foundation should be inclusive that permits all people to express themselves in their totality. 

Actually this is very similar to the type of culture I propose we as AfroAmericans should be looking into.

One of the things that made the United States so powerful and popular was it's inclusiveness and (at that time) fewer restrictions and regulations than other nations.  It "freed" people up to explore themselves.

It's funny (not really) how Caucasian men want freedom to express THEMSELVES but love trying to take it away from other people.

20 hours ago, Delano said:

Maybe a foundation should be inclusive that permits all people to express themselves in their totality. 

@Pioneer1 I see you agreed with this.  But your utopian culture does not allow people express their homosexuality, transgenderality does it?

It is impossible to debate you because your perspectives are founded on the false believe in a genetic basis of race which is deeply confounded by a belief in stereotypes.

I have no more interest in having multiple wives than have in having 10 children. Does this mean I'm not Black or have been brainwashed with a Eurocentric mindset, as you see it?

Troy

But your utopian culture does not allow people express their homosexuality, transgenderality does it?

Sure I would allow it.

The 2 things that would NOT be permitted in any society that I controled would be:

1. Forced/non-consentual sexual activity
2. Pedophilia

Those 2 things would NOT be tolerated.

I have no more interest in having multiple wives than have in having 10 children. Does this mean I'm not Black or have been brainwashed with a Eurocentric mindset, as you see it?

Maybe, maybe not.

It could be that you NATURALLY don't have a desire for multiple wives.
And it could be that you DO have a natural desire for it but your natural desire was REPRESSED early on in life in order to conform to Caucasian standards.

Perhaps you're not sure WHAT you really want until you are exposed to it and have the liberty to indulge in it.

Del

I believe there's a tribe where one woman has more than one husband 

This happened quite often in a lot of pre-Christian and pre-Islamic cultures.

Daniel

If you're a "Black Patriot" then it seems to me that the ADOS (African Descendants Of Slavery)  and FBA (Foundational Black Americans) are movements you should get behind!

Unlike most Black consciousness philosophies that focus on Africa and rejecting Americanism and American culture....those 2 movements stress the traditions of Blacks in America and demand that we take our rightful place and role in this nation as it's original builders.

Tariq Nasheed and the FBA movement correctly points out that WE as AfroAmericans are actually the oldest ethnic group in this nation and has ties to this land that go back much further than ANY other group except for the Native Americans.

Most Asian and Hispanics don't go back 70 years and even most of the White people in America can't claim ties to this land that go back beyond the 1800s because most of THEM are descended from the Irish, Italians, and Germans who flooded to America during that time.

We BEEN here!

Troy

Well it is good to read you won't tolerate rape in your society.

Can one my wives be 16 years old?

In THIS society....no.

But in an ideal society a 16 year old wife or just a lover wouldn't be a problem AS LONG AS it's consentual.

It's NOT pedophilia because a 16 year old is NOT a child.  
Unless they're retarded (in that case it wouldn't be consentual) they know exactly what sex is and what the consequences are of it.  They would also be finished with or almost finished with puberty so they are practically a mature adult at that age.

I know some may not like the sound of that because they have been BRAINWASHED by Caucasians to hate sex while loving violence.

So while a 30 year old man with a 16 year old girlfriend may be seen as "sick" by some people in this society.....that same 30 year old man who went to Iraq and killed innocent men, women, and CHILDREN is looked upon as a HERO.

*Let me make it clear that I'm NOT advocating any fully grown adult have sexual relations with a 16 year old in THIS society because in many if not most states it's illegal.
But if the laws were different, I wouldn't have a problem with it in most cases.

What about abortion? Would @Pioneer1'Pioneer1's world tolerate that?

Again, as long as it's consentual and a woman isn't being FORCED into an abortion....it would be totally her choice.

@Pioneer1neither of those groups advance full citizenship and try to apply the sins of the father to the son and daughters. They are both destabilizing elements in our (The United States 🇺🇸 Of America) society. 

They lack historical justification, because of you follow their logic, this land would be turned over to the Nations or to La Raza. Both of which are not in my best interest. 

Daniel

neither of those groups advance full citizenship and try to apply the sins of the father to the son and daughters. 

?????

Where did you get that information?
The Bible is the only book I know of that advocates that......lol.

Both of those groups STRESS the full citizenship of AfroAmericans and preach that we are the REAL Americans more so than any other group.

Personally, I don't think any American is "more or less" American than another.  Either you are an American or you're not.  But THEY stress the hell out of Black Americanism.  
Their patriotism is undeniable.

Caucasians want to OWN patriotism and they want to lead the world to believe that being a "true American" means being White or that only White Americans are "real" Americans.....but those brothers preach otherwise.

They lack historical justification, because of you follow their logic, this land would be turned over to the Nations or to La Raza. Both of which are not in my best interest. 

I'm not sure about ADOS but the FBA movement by Tariq Nasheed is VEHENMENTLY anti-immigrant.  They don't support La Raza or any other Latino movement and focus strictly on Black American empowerment.

Infact, he tells Black Americans to stop marching for and supporting immigrant rights and immigrant causes so much and let them "hold their own nuts" and fight for themelves.

Daniel

???????

You are clearly confused and misinformed about the positions of both ADOS and FBA.
Lol....and I have a sneaky idea that you probably aren't INTERESTED in knowing their true positions anyway.

Black Conservatives (like other Conservatives) should just go ahead and admit that true "Patriotism" and celebrating the rich history and contributions of Black Americans is NOT a priority or even a concern of theirs.

They may shout "freedom" and fly the American flag to be seen but their only REAL concern is making a fast buck and are willing to sacrifice the lives of half the nation in order to do so.

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

You really don’t understand anything do you?

I understand....and have for quite some time....that Conservatives/Republicans aren't really who or what they PORTRAY themselves to be.

They claim to be for morality and patriotism but really care little about neither.

The ONLY thing they are consistent about is their lust for making money...at all costs.

They will risk their health, their very lives, and the lives of everyone around them just to make a quick buck.

I don't have a problem with money in and of itself.  However I understand there are some things MORE IMPORTANT than money.

HEALTH is more important than money.

PEACE and SAFETY in most cases is more important than money.

Which is why I don't rob banks or sell drugs.
Because despite the huge amounts of money that MAY (not guaranteed) come from both....it's not worth the pain and suffering that could come from getting shot and seriously injured OR having your liberty taken away through incarceration.

*Nor will I drive a taxi in New York without a weapon because the White folks I work for TOLD me not to.      ((shakes head))

A silly Negro will "sell out" his own people for money because he THINKS he's benefiting from it and being smart.

Updated: How Do Black People Spend Their Money? (The Racial Wealth Gap) –  The Premier Online Magazine for Black Men
"Wow!
Look at all the money they gave me for not indicting those cops 
in the Breonna Taylor case!"

Community Livability Unit (CLU) | Corvallis Oregon

"Good job boy!

Well, now that THAT'S cleared up......
We're on our way to YOUR daughter's apartment to see her about some unpaid parking tickets!

What good is joining a racist organization like the Republican Party and get millions of dollars from them to help them trick and incarcerate other AfroAmericans.....when at the end of the operation they will TAKE all of the money you didn't spend back from you and toss YOU into the cage with the other Negroes you helped capture?

It's one thing if you're guaranteed immunity from the racism you HELP Caucasians inflict on others.  
I would simply call into question the MORALS of a person like that.
But if you help sell your own out without any type of GUARANTEE of immunity....that's just a straight up fool!

I admit that Republicans seem to treat THEIR flunkies better than the Democrats do, but even Republican flunkies will be sacrificed and thrown to the dogs by the higher ups if that's what it takes.

Mobile phones are 'cooking' men's sperm – but should we be worried?

"Hey Coggins!

Hey, what's up buddy...it's me...Jared.

Yeah, hey listen....don't go back and forth with that Pioneer guy.

Just....yeah, yeah......but just leave him alone!

Yeah......I know.....but you're not winning.

The guy's busting your ass on every point.

You're just giving him more opportunities to spread his rhetoric.

Just ignore him like we told you and stick to the plan.....ok?

Yeah.....alright buddy.

We'll be talking to ya. "

((click))   

Daniel:

Uhhh......

Sorry you are not worth conversing with. I will not help you spread your derogatory thoughts.