HAVE YOU HEARD OF TRANQUERAY, THE NEW STAR OF THE INTERNET?

Have you seen her story? The  76 year old Stephanie Johnson who ran away from Albany to New York and became a very popular burlesque dancer in the 60's and 70's. Her mother couldn't bring herself to love her dark skin once saying to her through tears, "if only I'd had you with a white man, maybe a could love you." And yet Stephanie mother was as black as they come, but she was too bent on keeping white friends and white company, so much so that she was willing to deny her blackness and hate her own daughter. And then she sent Stephanie to prison for getting pregnant by a black man.

Stephanie recently regaled the internet with her life in New York's underworld. her tales are gritty with sordid details of prostitutes, pimps, madames, The Temptations, Alfred Bloomindales fetishes. The most incredible part of it is she got paid by fans for her story; $2.5M and counting...

I say that to say as a race, we do a lot of despicable things to each other, but when we rise up, it is phenomenal....

You can read more of Tranqueray here.

120011806_4814464088627653_3493754308734805112_o.jpg

Sounds like it may be an interesting story but the name "Tranqueray" though......
She doesn't look transgendered at all to me.

Why is so much AfroAmerican documentaries and sexual stories today pushing the "trans" this and "trans" that now a days.

This sister was pole dancing back in the 60s and 70s...come on now, how popular was transgenderism back in those days?

She is not transgender at all. In fact throughout her narration she makes it pretty clear, pretty quick that she is straight, very straight. She likes men, and loves one man. Tranqueray is a stage name her dear friend gave her at the start of her dancing career. 

I had no idea it had 'trans' connotations.

• 2 weeks later...