Should Black People Vote for Either Candidate, Yes or No

I used to attend these lectures and debates when i lived in NYC. @Pioneer1 I though about you when I got this email.

cemotap.jpg

Should Black People Vote for Either Candidate, Yes or No

Adelaide Sanford, Betty Dopson, Raymond Dugue, Gloria Dulan Wilson, Omowale Clay, James McIntosh

On Wednesday October 7 at 7:00 PM you are invited to a Zoom forum on the topic: Should Black People Vote for either Candidate

Hear different views from the participants with a special 15 minute commentary by esteemed Elder, Dr. Adelaide L. Sanford who will speak on what she thinks Black People should do on election day and after.

Time: Oct 7, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 869 2217 3510
Passcode: 357930
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,86922173510#,,,,,,0#,,357930# US (New York)
+13017158592,,86922173510#,,,,,,0#,,357930# US (Germantown)

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

...beautiful (and surprisingly intelligent) sister...

Man when you say it like that you make it sound like an it is unusual for an attractive sista to speak intelligently. More importantly, why do we care what she looks like?

I listened to her message while getting myself together this morning.

As you know I disagree with not voting. You can build community AND vote. That is what I think we should do.

As you also should know, I'm sick of us looking to while folks for validation. But I understand why we do this, because they have all the money and money is often the only way many people measure success.

Acquisition of wealth is a worthy goal, but if it is your only goal, you are useless indeed harmful to your fellow man.

That said homegirl is easy on the eyes 🥰

Troy

Man when you say it like that you make it sound like an it is unusual for an attractive sista to speak intelligently.

It's not the norm.
She not just attractive, but STEREOTYPICALLY attractive....like she could be a model.

Although most very attractive women are of normal intelligence, it's been my observation (so far) the most of them aren't very articulate or very smart because they haven't had to develop those skills to be successful in life as...say....an UN-attractive woman would have to.
They were used to relying on their LOOKS to help them with success in a male-dominated society,  so unless they were aiming for a profession that requires a great degree of academic smarts like medicine or law....they didn't develop their abilities like that.

More importantly, why do we care what she looks like?

You know women tend to largely be judged (by men atleast) by their looks.
The first thing we notice about a sister is how good she looks BEFORE we notice how well she speaks, her moral character, or intellect.

42 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

You know women tend to largely be judged (by men atleast) by their looks.

Of course I'm an American male we are taught to do this.  I actively try not to do it, which is why I'm sensitive to it when i see others do it. 

I noticed you did this with Candice Owens too, as if her a relative attractiveness should have some bearing on her intelligence. For me the converse is true; intelligence has a great deal of bearing on one attractiveness. 

Further, I would not try to make a determination about the sister's intellect based solely on what she said (or read) in the video.  How could one possibly do that? All we know is that she can verbally express an opinion (whether it is her's or someone else's). This does not exactly make her an Imhotep.

@Pioneer1 I suggest that you stop considering how attractive one is when hearing what they have to say.  Marketers have known for a very long time that this is one of the easiest ways of manipulating people.

Troy

I actively try not to do it, which is why I'm sensitive to it when i see others do it. 

Perhaps.
But I'm inclined to believe that you've become sensitive to it because you're not used to SEEING it much in this society anymore.

When we were growing up and especially before we were born, men would OVERTLY comment on a woman's looks and routinely used words like "sweetie" and "toots" when talking to women and would objectify and sexualize them.  It started getting stamped out in the 70s and since then whenever you hear or see a man doing it on television or professional society you're taken aback because it's so UNusual to see it in public today because of the potential repercussions.

.....hearing a man say this is like hearing a Caucasian man call you a "negro" in the course of a conversation.  
You didn't expect that he'd still say that because it hasn't happened for so long, lo.

I noticed you did this with Candice Owens too, as if her a relative attractiveness should have some bearing on her intelligence. For me the converse is true; intelligence has a great deal of bearing on one attractiveness. 

I'm not sure if I understand you, can you explain a little more?

I consider her sexually attractive PRIMARILY because of her looks and the feminine way she cares herself.
Not because of her political ideology which is rabidly poisonous and treasonous.
Her high intelligence and articulation are also attractive but it's not the primary reason.

But I understand that not everyone can separate one from the other.

Further, I would not try to make a determination about the sister's intellect based solely on what she said (or read) in the video.  How could one possibly do that?

I've followed the sister for quite some time.

She's a lawyer as well as an activist.

I suggest that you stop considering how attractive one is when hearing what they have to say.

I have a very analytical mind.
I can separate EACH of a person's qualities and weigh each of them in making a determination how valuable they are to my principles as well as if they are an ally or adversary. 

I could bang the hell out of Candace Owens' little sell-out ass and the next day dog her out so badly in a televised debate that she'd be ashamed to show her face in public for another 5 years....lol.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But I'm inclined to believe that you've become sensitive to it because you're not used to SEEING it much in this society anymore.

No it is a conscious effort on my part.  I misjudged women in the past based upon the way they looked.  I used to see more attracted  people get a pass when they should have been fired.  Tall, handsome, Blond-haired blue-eyed dudes could do no wrong ...

I've followed the sister for quite some time.

Oh, OK.  

I could bang the hell out of Candace Owens' little sell-out ass and the next day dog her out so badly in a televised debate

You are, pardon the expression, a classic "dog" LOL!  As I've gotten older I fond it more difficult to sperate what I think of a person from how sexually attracted I am to then.  If I find your behavior revolting I'm not sure I'd be able to get it up for you.  That is not to say that I physical attraction is not part of the equation.  It s not an either/or proposition, it is both.  

Besides it takes two to tango and I don't think I'm light skinned enough for Ms. Owens.

Troy

I used to see more attracted  people get a pass when they should have been fired. 

Then you had the same observations that I had.
This is why I said most very attractive people don't get to develop OTHER skills like intelligence or articulation.  They don't have to.

Kind of like how most really really giant dudes never really learned how to fight like a smaller guy.  They didn't have to.

You are, pardon the expression, a classic "dog" LOL!  

I used to be very inconsiderate.
But not on purpose.
I didn't realize (because I wasn't taught) that women usually put more "feelings" into sexual relationships than men do and didn't realize the pain I caused seeking what I thought of as recreational pleasure.

As I've gotten older I fond it more difficult to sperate what I think of a person from how sexually attracted I am to then.  If I find your behavior revolting I'm not sure I'd be able to get it up for you.  That is not to say that I physical attraction is not part of the equation.  It s not an either/or proposition, it is both.  

I don't really care about a woman's politics when it come to sleeping with her.
To me, a woman's BEHAVIOR or her femininity and classiness matters much more than her politics and even her Black consciousness.

This is why I'd choose Candace Owens over Cardi B....lol.

Cardi is ghetto and trashy.

Candace is a fucking sell-out and probably sucked more White $%&@  to get where she's at, than a little bit.
But she knows how to carry herself like a lady!

I could actually TAKE Candace SOMEWHERE.
I could have her on my arm at an event and she could hold a conversation with people without embarrassing me and herself.

Imagine if you went out with Cardi B and took her to some sort of academic event around other professors and teachers...lol.

image.jpeg.e5f8ea47fb086204261787dc518d470b.jpeg

((said in a Puerto Rican accent))

"I like deez nails but.....
When dey are deeees long you know......
It kinda hard to clean yo ass after you use dee john
You na'da mean?"

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Candace is a fucking sell-out and probably sucked more White $%&@  to get where she's at, than a little bit.
But she knows how to carry herself like a lady!

Dude these sentences are completely contradictory.  Either Candice is a lady or she sleeps with white men to get ahead -- which is it?

I think I would roll with Cardi B over Candice.  I doubt Cardi's private persona is the same as her public one.  

Troy

Either Candice is a lady or she sleeps with white men to get ahead -- which is it?

What I say often SEEMS contradictory to you because you don't understand the analytical way my mind works and my moral code which is different than most people's.
But if you line up what I say you will find definite consistency.

She IS a lady in the fact that she knows how to carry herself in an intelligent, classy, well mannered, and feminine demeanor.

It's how she acts in PUBLIC that determines how classy she is, not how many men she sleeps with or for what reason.

I doubt Cardi's private persona is the same as her public one.

Perhaps.......
You can fake stupidity but you can't fake intelligence.

Regarding Candice you've manipulated what it means to be a "lady" to suit your world view.   Is Tavis Smiley a gentleman in your book too?

You sure can fake intelligence; all you need is someone with less intelligence to dupe.  Many Americans view 45 as very intelligent, right?

Troy

I haven't met Tavis personally, I only know of him based on what I've seen on television and radio but I would say YES he's a gentlemen.

Why?

Because he carries himself in an intelligent and respectable manner.
He's not a brute, savage, or thug.
He's intelligent and articulate and knows how to dress, talk, and behave (atleast in public) in a professional manner.

This makes you a GENTLEMEN......whether you're morally good or morally bad.

Further, I don't believe you fake intelligence unless you're doing it on a heavily edited video or something.

What I mean by that statement is that if you're STUPID you can't fake being highly intelligent.  You just don't have it in you.

If a man is so intellectually slow that he could never learn to read and can barely even count he's not going to all of a sudden come on a show and and correctly quote the Gettysburg Address word for word  and start doing Calculus just to impress people.

image.jpeg.9314fabf51c6274b8a0006dfae27e2c9.jpeg

A person can HIDE their abilities, but they can't DISPLAY abilities that they don't have unless they're being coached on a heavily edited video where the source is hidden.

As far as Trump......
He's not a genius but he's far from stupid.
He may not be as academically inclined as Obama but he has a wealth of charisma and social intelligence that he uses to manipulate people.

I've met Smiley on a number of occasions, but never had a real conversation with him. He did not strike me as particularly out going or friendly.  Though I'm sure it I was a celebrity, or a fine woman, he would treated me differently.  While I would have said he was a gentleman, I had not idea he was sexually abusing people.  

Your bar for morally acceptable behavior is a lot lower than mine.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

As far as Trump......
He's not a genius but he's far from stupid.
He may not be as academically inclined as Obama but he has a wealth of charisma and social intelligence that he uses to manipulate people.

Come on man Obama isn't even a genius few people are.  The idea that you would attribute "charisma and social intelligence" to Trump is mind blowing.  Hearing 45 speak off script is very revealing.  Despite access to every conceivable advantage 45 communicates like a child.  I don't know what 45's IQ but I'd be willing to bet it is below the median (100).

Have you noticed that when your ideas are challenged to then take them to an extreme case. Sure if someone is so mentally retarded (or whatever the PC word is today) that they are incapable of learning to read yes they may have difficulty presenting themselves as intelligent, but we were not talking about these people were we?

Troy

I've heard the same thing about Tavis.

I've heard he was arrogant and aloof.
But MOST professional Black men are that way because a lot of us feel like we aren't as valued by society as we SHOULD be.

I'm not saying this is the case with Mr. Smiley but a lot of professional and intelligent successful AfroAmerican men have reconned that with all of the brothers out here who aren't going to school, aren't working, aren't taking care of their families, and living a life of crime and degradation.....those of us who ARE successful should be almost worshipped and adored for the successes we are.

This is some of the reason a lot of AfroAmerican men who are successful feel they are ENTITLED to a lot of sex.
They feel they deserve it as a reward for being a "good brutha".
I feel the same way some times.

Now whether that's right or wrong I'm not sure, but that's how a lot of us feel.

Come on man Obama isn't even a genius few people are.  The idea that you would attribute "charisma and social intelligence" to Trump is mind blowing.  Hearing 45 speak off script is very revealing.  Despite access to every conceivable advantage 45 communicates like a child.  I don't know what 45's IQ but I'd be willing to bet it is below the median (100).

Troy......
The man's a real estate mogul and (or was) a multi-billionaire.

Do you think he got to that position with Down Syndrome?

He's not very articulate or scholarly, but these are more academic attributes.
He's a master MANIPULATOR when it comes to human emotion and "selling" people on ideas....which takes a lot of intelligence.

Intelligence.....like energy....can be manifested in different ways.

Much like a person with a lot of energy can be a football player or gymnast depending on their innate talents; a person of high intellect can use it to further their academic education or use it in business or even use it on the streets to be a big time dope dealer.

He talks TO HIS SUPPORTERS like little children because that's what THEY understand.

Another sign of an intelligent person who knows how to relate to his target audience.

But don't confuse articulation (or the pretended lack of it) with intelligence.

BTW, homeboy (President Obama) was President of the Harvard Law Review.
He was certainly GIFTED if not an actual genius.

The reason he didn't seem like the typical genuine geniuses you've probably encountered (as few of them as there are) is because.....
Not sure how much you know about psychology and IQ but certain exceptional abilities will "throw off" your personality unless you have other exceptional abilities just as high to "balance" them. 
Obama did.

Have you noticed that when your ideas are challenged to then take them to an extreme case.

Well you're very observant (a sign of intelligence...😝 ..lol).

I often use more extreme examples and analogies so that my points are clearly understood.

Not that the subject should be considered as extreme as the example I give.