The Lying Liar Called Racism: A Love Letter

Thank you for this platform. I'd like to request a review of my debut children's book, The Lying Liar Called Racism: A Love Letter.

the-lying-liar-called-racism-book-cover-

I must reluctantly introduce you to an ugly lie some people tell to try to make you believe a mountain is actually a molehill...or a pile of spaghetti. This is the villain of our tale, The Lying Liar Called Racism, and it’ll try to make you feel small, powerless, and bad about yourself. Never fear, though, because you can spot this villain and stay strong against it by remembering that you are not and never will be a pile of floppy, sloppy spaghetti. You’re a mighty mountain. Never forget it.

The Lying Liar Called Racism gently introduces the concept of racism to young children in a way that helps them immediately understand that racism is a form of gaslighting designed to make them question their inherent value. It is a love letter to children to help them never internalize racist messages, to know that racism is not because of the color of their skin (skin color is not the problem—the villain’s beliefs are the problem), and to reduce the lifelong harm racism can cause a child.

Language: English

Type: Picture Book

Paperback: 32 Pages

Author: Giselle Fuerte
Age Range: 4-8 Years Old
Grades: Preschool - 3rd Grade
Publisher: Real Life Bricks
ISBN-13: 978-0578746180
Publication Date: 29 September 2020
Book Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.08 x 8.5 inches 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

• Thanks 1