Black people, in American today, are the luckiest Black people to have ever lived.

YouTube really knows how to incite me... I may need to take a break from YouTube or figure out a way to put on blinders when I'm uploading my videos.

At any rate, the woman @Pioneer1 lusts after has a new book out. Below is a video in which she discusses ideas from the book.  One is the statement that Black living in American today are the luckiest ones to have ever lived.  Besides the statement being absurd on it's face. The implication (correct me if I'm wrong) is that we should, on some level be grateful that our ancestors we enslaved.

When Candice gets in front of white people and say shit like this I just want to stomp her into the ground.  @Pioneer1 this person physically revolts me -- seriously. 

I like to share all of our voices on this site, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to share Candice's work here. I'm not even sure if sharing her ideas -- if only to refute them is worth the effort...

Maybe there is a reason Simon & Shuster (S&S), the publisher of Candice's book is the only major publisher to have never purchase an ad on AALBC.  S&S authors have purchased advertisements, but never the company.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Troy said:

When Candice gets in front of white people and say shit like this I just want to stomp her into the ground

Wow @Troythat's a lot of incitement. She and people like her are pandering to their audience. When she gets people who do not agree with her position angry that means she is doing her job. She only represents a certain viewpoint just like Fox News. They know an audience exists for the content they present. In fact I bet all she or someone did is conduct an data analysis of what people think. Chris Carter did the same thing when he pitched the X-Files. He had found a survey where people had been asked about their interest or belief in UFOs. A significant number believed that they had been abducted by aliens like Betty and Barney Hill.

She shows there is a market for a certain idea. It is also an opportunity for people opposed to her to simply refute what she is presenting and get the other side to come to the rescue.

#BookIdea

Guest Dr. Joseph S. Spence Sr.

Greetings my dear brother, Nnamdi, and I pray all is well with you and your loved ones in this extended coronavris pandemic. She is way out in left field with brainwashing, and whitewashing of her mind, body, and soul.  She is also limited to her own fiefdom and cottage of dispair. I love your analogy regarding UFO's.  There is certainly much relevancy in the analogy.

Please check out my tenth book of inspirational poetic grace, "Sincerely Speaking Spiritually." It's on site wth AALBC. 

Have an awesome day my brother, and God's blessings always. 

Peace and love!

Joseph

The woman is cute, smart, and feminine....but she's CONFUSED as hell.

I'm focused less on what she's saying and more on that tiara or whatever that is on her head and the way her hair is parted down the middle.

I'm not sure what "look" she's trying to convay.  But looks like she's auditioning to be part of some Amish community.

Amish women in jet black dress talking with police officer. | Amish, Amish  dress, Amish culture

Having said all of that.......

Yeah, I'd STILL  wife her up.

She's definitely wife material.

I'd just make sure she stays in the house....stays AWAY from Troy....and I'm starting to like that white thing she's got on her head!
Maybe I'll have her wear it while cooking the food, cleaning the home,  and keeping the children....lol.

• Haha 1

Damn Candace!  My feelings are hurt!  You dare  say that if any of us want to go back to Africa, you'd buy us a ticket? How freak'n dare you disrespect us and the Motherland where the gold, soil, diamonds and other rich resources were STOLEN and used to pave the way for what this ENTIRE WORLD is today!  And that's not even including the strength, physique and beauty that we behold that has been and continues to be copied, stolen and promoted as 'beauty' just because 'they' say so.  Get WOKE Candace!

Go back to Africa as if Africa has nothing to offer? As if my people in Africa have nothing to offer?  As if black people in America should be grateful to be here?  Well, yes, as an African-American I am grateful for the unconditional love and sacrifice that my ancestors gave so that I could be here - even if not by choice.  How freakin dare you sound as if somehow 'they' saved us!  Read your history, sista!

Candace, even with those thieves continuing to claim the land, Africa and Africans remains strong, forgiving, loving, and powerful just like us, here in America - The Land of the Free??!  Do you even know what freedom REALLY feels like, Candace?  I don't.  And I promise, you don't either.  Get WOKE Candace!     

My feelings are so hurt by your audacity, but I won't turn my back on you, sista.  

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 9:26 PM, Nnamdi Azikiwe said:

Wow @Troythat's a lot of incitement.

Well when you shared that quote in isolation it reads pretty harsh, but I not sharing anymore of Candice's nonsense any more.

33 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

The woman is cute, smart, and feminine....but she's CONFUSED as hell.

How do you define smart?

But I think I found the source of my distain of Candice.  She Black, articulate, and easy on the eyes.  This stands in stark contrast to words that spew from her pie hole. This creates a cognitive dissonance in my head.  If she were an white man saying the same thing it would not bother me nearly as much -- this rhetoric is expected.

Imagine if Candice used her power for good instead of evil.  She would be a very powerful sister!

Troy

How do you define smart?

Knowledgable.

There is little doubt that she is both knowledgable (about politics atleast) and articulate.

But WISDOM????
....now that's a different story.

If she was wise, she wouldn't take the political position that she's taking because she'd know where it would eventually lead her and her people.

10 hours ago, Dee Miller said:

Go back to Africa as if Africa has nothing to offer?

I got the impression she has no valid argument against the people she is referring to so she'll just not have them to contend with the way the Republicans "deported" Alan Keyes from a debate in Atlanta during 1996.  No Republican has ever suggested deporting the KKK or Neo-Nazis. Does that mean they support their views? Maybe somebody should point out to her that by being willing to purchase a ticket to Europe for people on the Far-Right , she is implying support for them.

Why hasn't she suggested a free ticket to a country where abortion is free for those who are Pro-Choice or free tickets to countries where the death penalty has been abolished for those opposed to Capital Punishment?

Who is she talking about by the way? It seems like the clip starts after she made another statement almost intentionally so it would be open ended. That allows people to infer she is talking about them when really she is not talking about any body in particular.

I don't think it should be an "either or" argument as to whether or not AfroAmericans should return to Africa or stay in the United States.

We should do BOTH.
That's the beauty of having DUAL citizenship.
You get to enjoy the best of both worlds.

But do you know what I find interesting..........

Unlike the OLD generation of AfroAmerican Republicans who seemed to duck and dodge the race conversation and wanted AfroAmericans to try their best to ignore and dismiss racism and focus on success and achievement.........this CURRENT generation of AfroAmerican Republicans seem to talk about nothing BUT race. 
Their entire conversation consists of  racism and how the DEMOCRATS are the racist ones who are exploiting Black people and that they must flee the plantation and run into the arms of the beneficent Republican Party who will heal all of their racially inflicted wounds and make them whole again.

These Black Republicans don't talk about ANYTHING ELSE besides race....lol.

No Abortion.
No Gun Rights
No Immigration
No Gay Marriage

ALL they talk about is race and not even all races but ONLY the Black/White dynamic as if nothing else exists.

So Candice saying as if it were an undeniable fact, rather than her misguided opinion, that Black today in American are better off than any that ever lived is "Knowledge" and reflective of a high level of intelligence?

It is not uncommon for other to confuse someone who speaks well with intelligence.  We used to call that the gift of gab in the corporate world. An attractive white person with the gift of gap could do quite well for themselves financially.  

Troy

So Candice saying as if it were an undeniable fact, rather than her misguided opinion, that Black today in American are better off than any that ever lived is "Knowledge" and reflective of a high level of intelligence?

No
She was lying.

It is not uncommon for other to confuse someone who speaks well with intelligence. 

True.
A lot of people do, but I usually don't.
I can tell REAL intelligence from mere articulation.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

She was lying

Curiously, i didn't consider that possibility. Naive on my part.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

I can tell REAL intelligence from mere articulation.

Then you are in the minority.

Take an articulate person and an emotionally charged topic and you'll have someone that can wreck havoc or motivate people to do great things.

Troy

Curiously, i didn't consider that possibility. Naive on my part.

That's how she uses her LOOKS to her advantage.
She has that "big eyed" innocent girl look that disarms any suspicion you may have of her intentions.
That white tiara on her head only helps accentuate it.

That's why Marc Lamont Hill had a hard time trying to think straight when she was challenging him...lol.

Take an articulate person and an emotionally charged topic you have someone that can wreck havoc or do motivate people to do great things.

Actually, it takes a DEGREE of intelligence to be articulate and know what words to use to trigger certain emotions.  
But like you imply, a very articulate person can use their skillful way with words to make themselves SEEM smarter and more informed than they actually are.

However, I've heard enough from Candace to realize she's not only articulate but smart when it comes to politics and political science if nothing else.

23 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Actually, it takes a DEGREE of intelligence to be articulate and know what words to use to trigger certain emotions.  

Russel Crowe was intelligent enough to portray John Nash in A Brilliant Mind, but he is no John Nash. Being a mathematician and elocutionist both take intelligence. Being adept at one does not necessarily mean you will succeed at the other. Guess that's why so many great artists have ended up broke. Look at how much money Zora Neale Hurston is making for people today and she ended up in an unmarked grave.

Nnamdi

Most artists end up broke because they are gifted with a TALENT but not necessarily with high intelligence.
So their talents are often exploited BY those of high intelligence.  (lawyers, producers, agents, executives, ect.....)

It's the same thing in sports.
The athlete has the talent and skill but the agent has the brains.....so guess who ends up with most of the wealth in the end.