Candace Owens and Kamala Harris are Basically the Same

I just uploaded a video and here was what Google's YouTube showed me.  Ever since I watched the Candice Owen's Video YouTube as been showing me here videos every single day.  Now it is unfortunate Google shoves these video in from of me.

Does Google have a plan to marginalize Kamala Harris and discourage Black people from voting for her with these videos?  I dunno, but YouTube's behavior would be indistinguishable from a planform that had that agenda

• Thanks 1

My man Dr Boyce!

I actually forgot about the brother because I haven't really kept up with him in a couple years.....thanks for reminding me.

He looks different and SOUNDS a bit different but I guess his dental work explains the sound.

As usual he makes a lot of great points but one of the most PROFOUND points that he made in this clip was around the 25 minute mark where he tells AfroAmericans that we must MAKE OUR OWN way and make our own games.  He drops real wisdom by telling AfroAmericans you won't win the game doing what White men tell you to do.

Many of this have seen this so much in life but don't pass this wisdom along to younger generations so they don't make the same mistakes.

The wisdom he just dropped in those few moments was enough to change the entire course of people's lives if they understood the importance of it!
Playing by your own rules and making a way for yourself instead of playing the game White men laid out for you!

I go to college campuses from time to time telling young AfroAmerican students to BE THEMSELVES and be careful with the drinking and drug use trying to imitate Caucasian students.  Some listen, and some don't.  But it feels so great when one of them remembers me and tells me how right I was months ago or years ago when I told them not to imitate Caucasians or listen to them but to instead make up their own game and play by it and be themselves!

When I was younger I didn't understand how older people could get "joy" from seeing young people be successful or even do better than them!
That didn't make a lot of sense to me....being happy at someone else's success?
I understand why you shouldn't be jealous, but why be happy or take joy in it?
But the older I get the more I understand and relish in seeing how much I may have helped a younger brother or sister!
It's more than an ego trip of being called "right",  but it's about witnessing how much effect and impact my words have on people and how they can help younger folks who listen to them.

I didn't understand it in my 20s and even early 30s.  It wasn't until I got older that I began to appreciate and actually enjoy seeing younger AfroAmericans be successful and look great.

I'm not sure if it's some sort of biological urge that comes with age but man...that "wisdom" you get is no joke.
It's real and it's valuable!

50 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

...actually forgot about the brother because I haven't really kept up with him in a couple years

It seems there is a big difference between what Google shows you and what they show me.

Remember  back in the summer  I asked what if I married a white woman? It seems Boyce is clear on how he feels about that.

A lot of AfroAmerican men PRETEND to find all sexual relationships with Caucasian women distasteful in order to please the AfroAmerican women in their audience.

They may not really feel this way.

They may not care, and some may even DESIRE a Caucasaisn woman secretly.

Which is why a lot of them get the lightest skinned women they can find who can still be called "Black" (by their standards).

This is Kathleen Cleaver:

CSRPC Annual Public Lecture featuring Kathleen Cleaver | International  House | The University of Chicago

Eldridge Cleaver's wife.

You can't tell me a man who loves and married a woman who looks like THAT actually has a problem with Caucasian women.
I've seen Italians who are "Blacker" than her.

Your skin folk ain't always your kin folk. 

Similarly, people who aren't your skin folk can be your kin folk in action and mentality.  

While the prospect of me marrying a white woman is virtually nill, I can not really come up with a good reason to tell another Brother not to do it. 

If you subscribe to Cress-Welsings idea that Black people can annihilate white people generically perhaps this is something we should encourage 😉

5 hours ago, Troy said:

Your skin folk ain't always your kin folk. 

You know what....
That saying just reminded me about a conversation that turned into an online argument I had with a brother a few nights ago.

I'm not sure how old it is but it's a pretty "catchy" phrase that I've been hearing a lot in the "Black consciousness" community and I think I'll post a thread on it right quick before addressing the rest of your post.

Troy

Similarly, people who aren't your skin folk can be your kin folk in action and mentality.  

Since AfroAmericans come in a variety of "flavors" from deep dark chocolate to creamy vanilla....there are plenty of people who aren't my complexion whom I'll still consider my kin.  However I'm not sure if  CAUCASIANS who are of a different race all together are part of the same family I am.

We may share some of the same actions but the MENTALITY of Caucasians and Africans (and other people of color) are definitely different.
Which is why I so much agree with Dr. Watkins when he says that Black folks can't do what White folks say to be successful.
We are different people.

We (Africans) achieve OUR success primarily through RIGHTEOUS means (honesty, creativity, courage, ect...)
Caucasians achieve THEIR success through unnatural and UNRIGHTEOUS means (deception, violence, suppression, ect...)

When you see a Black man fail at something....it's usually because he did that which was UNRIGHTEOUS in an attempt to imitate Caucasians.

White man married ONE WOMAN: gets a loving partner and raises kids who respect him
Black man married ONE WOMAN: ends up divorced, woman hates him, and kids don't know him or don't like him

Why?
He tried to imitate the Caucasian and his behavior.

Monogamy is HIS nature...polygamy is OURS.

12 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

However I'm not sure if  CAUCASIANS who are of a different race

Here we go....

Dude there is only one race, all the conclusions you derive from the false belief of multiple races are just wrong.  You implied that Kathleen Clever looks caucasian, so in your book what "race" is she?  Is she kin folk?  By the way Italian is a nationality and does not describe the way one looks, any more than American does.

17 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

We (Africans) achieve OUR success primarily through RIGHTEOUS means (honesty, creativity, courage, ect...)
Caucasians achieve THEIR success through unnatural and UNRIGHTEOUS means (deception, violence, suppression, ect...)

This is a stereotype, and as such is completely useless in understanding the behaviors of people.  

I know clinging to these stereotypes makes it easier for some to understand the world, but ones understanding is naturally flawed when it is based upon stereotypes.

It goes without saying, there are evil white people, but there are also righteous and courageous ones too. I know there is no way for me to explain this to you in a way that you will accept, so I not going to try.

Troy

Dude there is only one race

The word "race" means COMPETITION.
Have you ever seen a race with only ONE participant?

You implied that Kathleen Clever looks caucasian, so in your book what "race" is she?

Mulatta  

Is she kin folk?

Yes, she's AfroAmerican.

This is a stereotype, and as such is completely useless in understanding the behaviors of people.  

If stereotypes were completely useless you wouldn't have any children.

Instead of assuming based on sexual stereotypes, each and every time you wanted to have sex you'd literally ASK a woman whether or not you could insert your &^%$  into her WAP (lol) and move it around until you ejaculate.
Needless to say, that would have ended the conversation and the relationship....each and every time, lol.

Not all stereotypes are useless.

It goes without saying, there are evil white people, but there are also righteous and courageous ones too. I know there is no way for me to explain this to you in a way that you will accept, so I not going to try.

We're not talking about individuals. 
We're talking about groups collectively.

I just gave you an example of how imitating Caucasians (in this case marriage structure) is detrimental to the success of the AfroAmerican.  This can be denied all day long but the results speak for themselves.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Not all stereotypes are useless.

I never wrote the above. You also have a habit of over simplifying things. If you reread what I actually wrote.... nevermind I've already determined that you are incorrigible when it comes to issues if race.

Troy, I do not believe that Sen. Kamala Harris thinks the exact same way as Candace Owens.  
Ms. Owens has aligned herself with White Supremacists.
S
he labeled George Floyd a “violent criminal” and a “horrible human being” in a video she posted on Twitter.

Ms. Owens also accused Ahmaud Arbery, a Black man allegedly murdered by two armed White men in Georgia in February, of breaking into homes before he was killed. That was the nonsense trotted out by most Black haters. But the videos showed Mr. Arbery merely looking into an unfinished home under construction.

While Kamala Harris was a determined state prosecutor who declined to release DNA evidence requested by Kevin Cooper. This Black man was convicted of killing four people in 1985 and sentenced to death and claims he was set up. While much has been made of Harris’ refusal to do what Cooper asked, neither did anyone else, including Governor Jerry Brown. The case is now under review.

While that case is troubling to criminal justice advocates, it is not unusual. Scores of convicted Black men have had appeals and pleas to release evidence rejected. That does not mean that what has happened to Cooper is right. But  unlike Candace Owens, Harris does not agree with White racists whose fondest wish is the subjugation of all Black people.

Kamala Harris is now a U.S. Senator. And like Joe Biden, she has evolved. Her thinking has changed. None of this excuses what happened in the past.

I mean the bottom line is this: You can either opt to keep Trump in the White House, or choose to oust him. If you are non-committal, then you may be independently wealthy or are not at risk for suffering racial discrimination of police brutality.

I was not a supporter of Joe Biden or Kamala Harris. But, I am a registered Democrat and have been since the days of Richard Nixon. I do not like Republicans one bit. I never thought I’d ever see the day this country would elect a Black man President. But it did. Twice.

Do you really think the Republicans would ever get behind a Black nominee for President if that individual did not savage our forebears or those of us who have made missteps?

Thousands of Blacks died to bring us The Vote. And to those who are going to grouse and whine: “Well, what did THAT do for us?”

The answer is: Look what happens when we DON’T vote. Forty percent of all eligible Black voters sat on their butts in 2016 and we were rewarded with one of the most cunning, corrupt and racist White men in history.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Troy, I do not believe that Sen. Kamala Harris thinks the exact same way as Candace Owens.  

To be clear neither do I. I shared the video for the reasons  I provided. The title of the post was taken from the YouTube video.

Stefan @Stefan

You can either opt to keep Trump in the White House, or choose to oust him. If you are non-committal, then you may be independently wealthy or are not at risk for suffering racial discrimination of police brutality.

I am a registered Democrat and have been since the days of Richard Nixon. I do not like Republicans one bit. I never thought I’d ever see the day this country would elect a Black man President. But it did. Twice.

I'm not trying to be "funny" but, I find it highly interesting that you were actually an ADULT back in the days of Nixon.  You've obviously seen a lot....

If you have the time, I'd be interested in you starting a thread describing in as much detail as you find comfortable the CHANGES in the AfroAmerican community that you've noticed between that generation and this current one.

I've noticed a clear difference since the late 80s myself, so I'm sure the differences between now and the early 70s were much more stark.

I am glad to know this. However, I remain perplexed and annoyed that so many Black men refuse to commit to voting to oust Trump. 

Stefan........

((sigh))

I think most of the brothers are just TIRED.

They're tired of playing games and going through the motions.   
People don't feel like voting just to vote AGAINST someone,  or simply for a lesser of 2 evils.
It may make sense logically and on paper...but in practice they actually want to vote FOR to actually reap some benefits.  Neither Trump nor Biden are actually offering any REAL benefits to  AfroAmericans.  

Now, please listen to me carefully so as not to get the wrong understanding.........

Unless this planet gets hit by a giant rock and is destroyed, currently year AfroAmericans pretty much have 2 directions they can go to try and increase their success in this nation:

1.  Keep Trump in office and allow poverty to increase dramatically and society to become more openly racist, hostile, and chaotic until things finally come to a HEAD and it COLLAPSES in on itself which wouldn't be far away at the rate things are going.  Which in my opinion would be GREAT for AfroAmericans collectively because the system that held our people back will finally be destroyed.  Even if our people are theoretically destroyed WITH it....it brings an end to the 400 year misery.

or

2.  Get Biden and Harris in office.
And they....like Obama, Clinton, and other Democrats do when they get in office after Republicans...clean up some of the mess Trump made.
But just fix up  A FEW problems, and ease the foot of White Supremacy off the necks of AfroAmericans just a LITTLE BIT to the point they breath a little easier and feel more content and satisfied.
Do just enough to keep this White Supremacist system clunking along for another 4 or 8 years.
Which means MORE OF THE SAME for AfroAmericans.
Which means that at the rate things have been going in the AfroAmerican community....a slower increase in police brutality, slower increase in poverty, slower increase in homicides, slower increase in broken and dysfunctional families, ect.

Do people REALLY want to live in a society where Covid 19 becomes as common and frequent as the flu?
That's what maintaining and continuing this society offers you.

I was not an adult back in the days of Nixon. I was a teenager.

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Do people REALLY want to live in a society where Covid 19 becomes as common and frequent as the flu?
That's what maintaining and continuing this society offers you.

Got bad news for you. Covid-19 may be with us for a while at least until mid 2021. I do not believe, as some do, that this virus was designed to take out a specific ethnic group. I believe it is naturally occurring. However, since the poor always suffer from a lack of adequate healthcare, this virus is affecting Blacks and Latinos the most.

I am not content to sit back and keep silent. 

While I enjoy discussing political and world events, I am not going to waste my time with anyone who wants to attack Barack Obama or our other Black leaders. That to me is silly, off-putting and self-defeatist.  As if their detractors could have done better.

I've always advocated Education, Voting and Community Support. I simply do not believe we are on par militarily with those who would love to put us back in chains. 

Stefan

Got bad news for you. Covid-19 may be with us for a while at least until mid 2021.

I have even worse news for you......
Regardless as to who gets in office whether it's Trump or Biden, as long as the same DEVILS who are running this system and put the virus out in the first place are STILL in charge...the virus is going to last well past 2021 or 2031.
And if you think Covid is bad, what until you see the side effects of the vaccines they're planning on forcing people to take!

....and just like Small Pox, Polio, and AIDS that came before Covid 19, there'll be other diseases after it they plan on introducing to control and terrorize the population.

It's going to keep on, and on, and on, and on until WE as AfroAmericans do what we are SUPPOSED to do.
Which is build our OWN system instead of helping to support one that is clearly unjust and anti-us.

I do not believe, as some do, that this virus was designed to take out a specific ethnic group. I believe it is naturally occurring. However, since the poor always suffer from a lack of adequate healthcare, this virus is affecting Blacks and Latinos the most.

As far as Covid's relationship with the AfroAmerican and Latino community.

I don't know if it was specifically designed FOR people of color, but it has certainly been WEAPONIZED by racists to use against many of our people and the effects are apparent.

The FBI has confirmed this earlier this year from the surveillance done that clearly stated White Supremacist groups were planning on spreading the virus as much as they could to police officers, Jews, and Black people.

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

I am not going to waste my time with anyone who wants to attack Barack Obama or our other Black leaders. That to me is silly, off-putting and self-defeatist.  As if their detractors could have done better.

Attacks are bad. Critique is necessary, too often we confuse the two.

16 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

The FBI has confirmed this earlier this year from the surveillance done that clearly stated White Supremacist groups were planning on spreading the virus as much as they could to police officers, Jews, and Black people.

Are you still exaggerating? Which white supremacist groups did the FBI say were planning this? Where was this clearly stated?

13 hours ago, Troy said:

Are you still exaggerating? Which white supremacist groups did the FBI say were planning this? Where was this clearly stated?

https://www.blackenterprise.com/white-supremacists-urging-members-to-spread-coronavirus-to-blacks-jews-cops-fbi/

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-white-supremacists-discussed-using-covid-19-as-bioweapon-2020-3

https://abcnews.go.com/US/white-supremacists-encouraging-members-spread-coronavirus-cops-jews/story?id=69737522

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2020/03/26/white-supremacists-see-coronavirus-opportunity

https://www.police1.com/coronavirus-covid-19/articles/fbi-white-supremacists-encouraging-members-to-infect-cops-jews-with-covid-19-j2AAfBOa7l2shUJV/

The Divine allows the information to get to the people one way or another so that they can make a decision.

If the White Supremacists had their way they would do EVERYTHING in secret, but that's not allowed.
They may be in control of this system, but there are Higher Powers in control of THEM!

image.jpeg.3981a0313e6376d6292d7996f52e4b10.jpeg

"Your time is almost up.
You SHOULD focus on enjoying what little
time you have left instead of devising
more ways to harm our people.
But hey....do you!"

NOTHING that is done to our people is totally hidden....from AIDS to Crack.
It is ALWAYS is exposed;  even if for just a brief moment and then covered back up.......so that our people can't DENY knowing about what's going on.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:15 AM, Stefan said:

I am glad to know this. However, I remain perplexed and annoyed that so many Black men refuse to commit to voting to oust Trump. 

It has to do with how certain Black men view the world. We have a rough and tumble approach. We like taking risks and receive massive rewards. We value freedom over manners. And we are highly results oriented. Trump is the Alpha male model without the hood.

4 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

It has to do with how certain Black men view the world. We have a rough and tumble approach. We like taking risks and receive massive rewards. We value freedom over manners. And we are highly results oriented. Trump is the Alpha male model without the hood.

Now you made that statement as a TRUMP SUPPORTER, however it actually does have a ring of truth to it.
Especially the part I highlighted in the red.

Although I don't support him personally, I believe him being in that office is a MASSIVE RISK that will eventually yield a MAJOR REWARD for us as AfroAmericans.

Perhaps he's amoral by NATURE in that he's probably a psychopath.  
But his behavior puts him squarely in the category of IMMORAL because he purposely does things he knows are wrong ethically if not morally; like frequently lying and supporting policies he knows is harmful and deadly.

Sipping on your tea and not caring about a blind man walking into traffic is amoral. 
Spinning him in that direction and leading him into it while video taping the consequence is evil.

@Pioneer1 I reviewed all the sources

Black Enterprise's: website rarely has original content.  The article just references other sites -- which I did not pursue.
Business Insider: This is an article comments on another article which say, violent extremists "continue to make bioterrorism a popular topic among themselves...."  Again, this is a conversation about a conversation, not about actions.
ABC News: The article did not even mention Black people?!

Police1.com:  What the hell is this site?  They are just commenting on the ABC News article which, again, isn't even about Black people.

These sources do not back up your assertions.  Most are commentary of commentary that have nothing to do with Black people. If you read any of the articles you did not read them with comprehension. 

You are being an alarmist.

Again, the most we have is the FBI reporting about what some white extremists are talking about.  The treat to Black people appears to be created by you, for it is not even substantiated by the sources you referenced.

Pioneer, I seriously believe you consume too much information from questionable sources and way too much negative information, and have a distorted world view as a result. 

45's presidency will not lead to a collapse of the American system, if it, in the unlikely chance that it does what emerges will only benefit the truly evil and the super wealthy.

If shit does hit the fan.  I'll take Candice up on her offer to pay my way to Africa.  Shoot I may do it anyway...

image.jpeg.141230af3b2bcb522feaf93e1d75efcf.jpeg

"Oh Kunta Kinte!

I see a lot of ships and strange looking
people who I hear bad things about.
I've heard that they are 
taking us to a far away land to
make us work hard for free.
I think we need to run!
I think we need to get far far away!"

image.jpeg.331bf80035b89d6691b026f2b54ce6dd.jpeg

"Stop!
Just stop it man!
You are being an alarmist.
You need to stop believing in all of
these baseless conspiracies and learn
to relax and enjoy yourself.
People are people, they are no different
than us and we should seek to get
along with them!"

((4 months later))

10 references to Kunta Kinte in popular culture to get you ready for the  Roots remake | Guide

"Ahhhhh......
Why can't we all just get along?????"

LOL! Cute.

But the analogy does not apply. Besides there are things that are actually happening today that we can do something about.

It is curious that you got you panties all twisted up over some white militia group's chatter to infect Jews with Covid, meanwhile you can't be bothered to do something as simple has to voting.

47 minutes ago, Troy said:

t is curious that you got you panties all twisted up over some white militia group's chatter to infect Jews with Covid, meanwhile you can't be bothered to do something as simple has to voting.

It’s very simple his ideology gives him a blind spot to seeing solutions in front of him. He does not realize how ill prepared him and his posse is for nationhood.

Troy

It is curious that you got you panties all twisted up over some white militia group's chatter to infect Jews with Covid, meanwhile you can't be bothered to do something as simple has to voting.

At this point, I see it as a waste of time and energy

Our collective fate as AfroAmericans is SET.
We have a rendezvous with Destiny.

The moment of TRUTH is at the front door and prepared to make a Grand enterance.

Daniel

He does not realize how ill prepared him and his posse is for nationhood.

Oh, but YOU are ready?

Well, I hope you are.....

Because the White Supremacist have ALREADY decided that Negroes aren't needed anymore and have become more of a liability for them than an asset.  And the turmoil of Trump's presidency gives them the opportunity to TRY to do something about that problem and "take back America".

If you think you're going to continue to live UNDER Caucasians and let them run everything and take care of you like a baby while you lay around on the couch munching on potato chips and dreaming up children's books to sell online, you're going to be in for a VERY RUDE awakening.

If your fellow Republicans get THEIR way you better box up your children's books and get ready to sell them on the street corners of some city in Liberia......
Because the only job waiting on you HERE will be one requiring a shovel and some work gloves.

Black Americana, Black Man with Shovel, Waiting for Your in Dixie Old  Postcard | eBay

"Shit man!
I had a bid'ness and everythang!
Them White folks TOOK my books.
Burned them up.
And told me to get my ass out there in 
them fields and start digging!
Now can you DIG that shit?"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

The moment of TRUTH is at the front door and prepared to make a Grand enterance.

This attitude is no different than the religious zealots who predict that the end of the world is nigh... for the last millennia.

Look, America will end. That is certain, for everything ends.  But if you are banking on this election or anything in the short term to usher in a revolution, you will be disappointed.  

The results of this election will certainly not result in the collapse of America.  So stop hoarding canned goods, water, and ammunition you will be fine-n-dandy for the rest of your lifetime. 

Troy

I'm not sure what's going to happen.
But I think the conditions for most AfroAmericans in the United States today is intolerable and things are only going to get worse if these same White Supremacists remain in power.

Forget about a Civil War or the collapse of society.

Let's hypothetically pretend that everything goes smoothly and Biden gets in office......

Do you honestly look forward to a society where Covid 19 rages on and mandatory vaccines are the norm?

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Mandatory vaccines I can continue to live with.

That’s outrageous 

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But I think the conditions for most AfroAmericans in the United States today is intolerable and things are only going to get worse

That’s your problem you try think with a clouded vision. The conditions for most blacks in the United States have never been better. 

Troy

Have you ever considered that the SAME people who came up with the vaccine for Polio are the SAME people who introduced it in the first place?

image.jpeg.8f7391dbbd706a9196da509772845fee.jpeg

An old HIV vaccine surprises researchers once again

"Mornin' 

How's it going there buddy!"

There is no record for African peoples suffering from Polio UNTIL coming into contact with Caucasians.
The same can be said of Covid 19

Perhaps keeping THEM out of our communities would be far more effective at keeping diseases away than any vaccine....lol.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Have you ever considered that the SAME people who came up with the vaccine for Polio are the SAME people who introduced it in the first place?

No, that is a stupid consideration.

7 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

I am not Anti Vaccines. I am anti mandate.

Practically speaking Daniellefny, there is no difference.

No one is mandated to take a flu shot, so that is different.  I never had the flu nor have a taken a flu shot.  Perhaps if I got the flu I'd feel differently.

Covid has demonstrated itself to be at least an order of magnitude more deadly than the flu and that is with all the precautions we have taken.  If there is a vaccine, it will be useless against protecting the population unless enough of us take it.

Now I completely understand people being anxious to sign up for a particular vaccine that has been rushed into production.  This is a problem.

I guess when all these diseases like polio, small pox, measles, whooping cough and the like come back then people will be clamoring to force people to get vaccinated.  I guess people don't know enough history to understand how deadly these deceases are, and how much misery they caused.

15 hours ago, Troy said:

I guess when all these diseases like polio, small pox, measles, whooping cough and the like come back then people will be clamoring to force people to get vaccinated.  I guess people don't know enough history to understand how deadly these deceases are, and how much misery they caused.

All of these diseases exist outside of the America. It’s about having choice. I had received my standard vaccinations when I was a child. As an adult, based on the science COVID-19 doesn’t concern me as much as other more lethal diseases. 

The Pandemic is one of Fear. President Trump is correct in boldly facing the challenges and moving forward with life. It also important that we get back to dealing with the co-morbidities because those are other things individuals can do to increase their ability to survive.

40 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

The Pandemic is one of Fear.

It should be! Almost a 1/4 of a million people have died in the U.S. of A. alone!  Not to mention those you much now live with longer term health challenges

41 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

President Trump is correct in boldly facing the challenges and moving forward with life.

{sigh} oh brother. Unlike the vast majority of American, 45 has the best physicians available. Many of us will just have aspirin to deal with this virus

43 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

important that we get back to dealing with the co-morbidities because those are other things individuals can do to increase their ability to survive.

Of course, this should always be a goal, but it is not a short term solution, you see that right? 

Danielle we know you equate Covid-19 to the flu.  While this is patently false, we also know facts, indeed nothing, will change you mind on this issue.  

48 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

All of these diseases exist outside of the America.

This is a curious statement, on several levels, for you to make but I'll leave it alone.

20 minutes ago, Troy said:
1 hour ago, daniellegfny said:

This is a curious statement, on several levels, for you to make but I'll leave it alone.

Haven’t you traveled outside the United States? Many of the immigrants who are coming from the southern borders have been exposed to these diseases. In some African nations they are battling Ebola right now. Look up Haiti and see the diseases which are prevalent there.

44 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

Look at the total deaths that normally occur and you will see this is no tragedy except on the personal level.

Interesting perspective, 220K American deaths, perfectly acceptable huh? 

I have no response that would make sense to you or appeal to your moral compass. Same goes for your statement about people outside the US.  

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Interesting perspective, 220K American deaths, perfectly acceptable huh? 

A total of 2,626,418 resident deaths were registered in the United States in 2014. The 10 leading causes accounted for 73.8% of all deaths in the United States in 2014. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db229.htm Are these deaths less important than COVID-19 related deaths? 

I am voted for several reasons.

Being a Senior Citizen and having worked all of my life, I am grateful to have a roof over my head and some government benefits.

The reason I voted by mail ballot  is because I have a niece who was just awarded her Master's Degree. She is a teacher and all of her pupils are deaf. I also did not want to wait on line with a bunch of people who think a facemask is optional. 

I want all of the children in my family to receive a free education as called for by various state governments. At least until they graduate from high school. My older sister is married to a Army Combat Veteran who fought in South Vietnam. My son is a Marine who fought in Iraq. But he really wanted to go to Afghanistan.

I want everyone to have a shot at going to college or a good trade school. But I want this for everyone. I'd love for the Black Community to receive financial help so many of us can start and own flourishing businesses, buy land and save up to do whatevwer they wish.

I want immigrants to get a fair hearing and a path to citizenship. I want all college students to have their loans downgraded with minimal interest. 

I will never believe Republicans want all of this. 

If folks do not want to vote, then they don't want to vote. I'm not going to try to change their mind. I am sick and tired of the responding invective, illogical reasonings and reading the disenchantment they feel. 

Sitting home will not help our community. It helps Republicans. Who despise our community.

I did not think you appreciated the information that you shared.  In 2020 (not even an entire year), Covid-19 deaths are easily the 3rd leading cause of death in country behind heart disease and cancer (using 2014 population).  I did not know this previously, and that is a staggering piece of information to any one who cared about human life!

Sure, some of the people who died from Covid this year, might have died from something else, but that number is relatively small and certainly not large enough to drop it from the 3rd leading cause of death

So in 2020 we have a brand new leading cause of death that will take more than a quarter of a million lives before the end of the year, and @daniellegfny you brush this off is if it is of no consequence.  Again neither reason or massive human death is enough to get you to understand the severity of the situation we are in and why actions are not enough.  

The really crazy thing in this case is that people have access to information, but it does not mean anything if they refuse to see it. I never would have guessed this could be a thing!  That people could be so vacuous of reason and compassion for other humans.

db229_fig3.gif

Troy

and that is a staggering piece of information to any one who cared about human life!

That statement speaks for itself.

I never would have guessed this could be a thing!  That people could be so vacuous of reason and compassion for other humans.

Context will only take a man so far.....lol.
I had to look up "vacuous".

Lol, you're from HARLEM but didn't know some people could be so callous and cold blooded?

This is why PHYSICAL PUNISHMENT is necessary for some people.

Trying to appeal to their reasoning or empathy simply doesn't work with some people because they HAVE NO reasoning or empathy.....lol.
Like wild dogs, some psychopaths  will commit crimes as long as the opportunity presents itself and the punishment doesn't cause them real discomfort.

image.jpeg.031957768a22ce6f780f82da2ebbeccc.jpeg

"I think I've finally figured it out now!
I shouldn't have shot that woman 
because those pesky bullets hurt!"

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

...you're from HARLEM but didn't know some people could be so callous and cold blooded?

Sure shooting someone for $5 during a robbery or taking an elderly woman's social security check is callous, but brushing off a quarter of a million bodies, as if it is nothing, takes callousness to a WHOLE nother level! 

• Like 1