What is the nature of your mind

Were are a bundle of stimuli and responses based upon a combination of our environment and genetics. This includes any thoughts we have about our thoughts, which are interesting to ponder but we don't have control over them. Any sense that we do is an illusion an adaptation which keeps us from going insane.

10 hours ago, Delano said:

What about ideas that are revolutionary. Like Space and Time are linked 

There's nothing "revolutionary" about this idea.
The ancients made the connection thousands if not millions of years ago.

It's no more "revolutionary" than discovering that the planet is round.

Caucasian scientists are JUST NOW catching up with what was OLD knowledge to pre-fallen people of color.

Astrology interchanges time with space, so it is an old concept. However Einstein like Newton was a scientist and Mystic. It is revolutionary for scientist and non astrologers. Most people do not discover the planet is round unless they have left earth. Most people are told what to believe and they don't question those stories.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

There's nothing "revolutionary" about this idea.
The ancients made the connection thousands if not millions of years ago.

It's no more "revolutionary" than discovering that the planet is round.

18 hours ago, Delano said:

Can we train the mind and not go sane?

Some of us, but most of us don't seem to be successful at it.  I try to limit the amount of bad news I expose myself to, but it is hard when you work online....

14 hours ago, Delano said:

What about ideas that are revolutionary. Like Space and Time are linked 

There is always cause for hope, helps keep one sane -- maybe that is why that stuff always interested me 😉

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Caucasian scientists are JUST NOW catching up with what was OLD knowledge to pre-fallen people of color.

That just means it is revolutionary to them.  Clearly the ancients had a more profound knowledge of the heavens and the natural world. I wish I could go back in time and experience that period.

3 hours ago, Delano said:

Most people are told what to believe and they don't question those stories.

People demonstrate a tremendous ability to question something they are told. The real question is who and what they choose to believe and why they may or may not consider alternatives -- or simply be satisfied with not knowing.

1 hour ago, Troy said:

. I wish I could go back in time and experience that period.

Why not become a modern primitive? For certain times or subject matter think more like the ancients. In whatever way that strikes you. It could be an interesting mental excercise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delano said:

Why not become a modern primitive?

Well that is the thing; I think we are "modern privatives" now. 

I was to think like the ancient enlightened.  If you consider the pyramids, and when they were built, surely the civilization that built those knew something we do not know today.

1 hour ago, Delano said:

I find numbers, Logic and mythology, more useful than Science, religion and philosophy.

Maybe I don't know enough about any of these subjects, but logic and science, and religion and  mythologic seem like better pairings

6 hours ago, Troy said:

Well that is the thing; I think we are "modern privatives" now.

I knew a guy that had a bike shop but he didn't have an electricity. So he would work from sunrise to sunset.

6 hours ago, Troy said:

Maybe I don't know enough about any of these subjects, but logic and science, and religion and  mythologic seem like better pairings

Why do they seem like better pairing?

The difference for me is that Mythology and Logic aren't situated in a hierarchical structure, that is predicated on exclusivity.
Science and religion have too many gatekeepers. So i prefer the theory  more than ossified rituals, that are removed from the essence of the-ology.

I like Number Logic and Mythology because there are symetries but also each can be used in contradistinction to the others. So like geometry, you need two points to define a line.

Edited by Delano

Delano

Perhaps we don't know that we can choose. I find numbers, Logic and mythology, more useful than Science, religion and philosophy.

Modern MEDICINE is a product of science.

Don't tell me you find numerology and mythology more useful than doctors and hospitals.

Troy

That just means it is revolutionary to them.  Clearly the ancients had a more profound knowledge of the heavens and the natural world. I wish I could go back in time and experience that period.

Based on what I've heard from numerous sources,  African traditional "shamans" have techniques for taking you back in time to do this and show you things.

Many believe that TIME like space can actually be manipulated.

Troy

Really?  Why is this not more widely known and used to benefit society?

It's too powerful and too important for widespread distribution and placed in the hands of fools and clowns.

Look at the internet and how making IT widely available has worked out....lol.
Are human beings any better off?

Think of all the people you know who suffer from  cancer, autism, or Covid 19 and other problems.......or have loved ones who do.
Now.....
Do they use the internet to research medicine, herbs and look for CURES to solve these problems?
Or do they go on to social media and fight, slander, gossip, and waste time all day and all night?

Your son has autism and instead of researching for a treatment.....you're spending time TWERKING and posting it on Instagram.

30 Best Songs For Twerking | Complex

"Like that...like that....oh..oh...
from da' back!"

It's not knowledge that's the issue but the INTENT of the people and where their minds are.

Distributing more knowledge to people without the WISDOM to use it is just asking for disaster.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Distributing more knowledge to people without the WISDOM to use it is just asking for disaster.

Yes, information without understanding is at best useless, at worse dangerous.  

The knowledge you speak of is fantastic, unbelievable. How did you learn about it?

On 10/18/2020 at 10:26 PM, Delano said:

Can we train the mind and not go sane?

Absolutely!  I've "trained" my mind to accomplish things I need to do, without thinking.  But I think we all do this just don't realize it.  I don't think about driving to the store.  I've trained my mind to learn the way - so that I can drive while considering these non-driving atlantans.   I've trained my mind to carry out simple math functions - so I don't hold up the line when I'm ready to check out.  While these are mental functions - I've also trained my mind to prepare for things I want to accomplish in my careeer - so when the opportunities present themselves I've already ready.  I just did this the other day - before speaking to an editor who could commission a story I was working on.  Before we even spoke for the first time I was prepared to answer his questions but in a way that wouldn't waste our time.  Now I have an ally in a place I had never considered. I just prepared me my mind to recognize it when it arrive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Absolutely!  I've "trained" my mind to accomplish things I need to do, without thinking.  But I think we all do this just don't realize it.  I don't think about driving to the store.  I've trained my mind to learn the way - so that I can drive while considering these non-driving atlantans.   I've trained my mind to carry out simple math functions - so I don't hold up the line when I'm ready to check out.  While these are mental functions - I've also trained my mind to prepare for things I want to accomplish in my careeer - so when the opportunities present themselves I've already ready.  I just did this the other day - before speaking to an editor who could commission a story I was working on.  Before we even spoke for the first time I was prepared to answer his questions but in a way that wouldn't waste our time.  Now I have an ally in a place I had never considered. I just prepared me my mind to recognize it when it arrive. 

How do you know these things were a result of training your mind, as opposed to them being a result of you simply allowing your spiritual self "shine" through?

3 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

How do you know these things were a result of training your mind, as opposed to them being a result of you simply allowing your spiritual self "shine" through?

I don't believe the two concepts are in opposition. I believe  my mind is my consciousness. I also think of the consciousness as the spiritual self. 

On 10/22/2020 at 12:24 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Modern MEDICINE is a product of science.

Don't tell me you find numerology and mythology more useful than doctors and hospitals.

“A physician without a knowledge of Astrology has no right to call himself a physician.”

— Hippocrates

A physician without a knowledge of Astrology has no right to call himself a physician.

— Hippocrates
On 10/22/2020 at 12:24 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Based on what I've heard from numerous sources,  African traditional "shamans" have techniques for taking you back in time to do this and show you things.

Many believe that TIME like space can actually be manipulated.

You sound more European than African.

Delano

You sound more European than African

Now that's funny, because I was thinking the same thing about you.

When I see you spell "color" as "colour" I picture a Caucasian Australian instead of a brother from The Bronx, lol.

Various mystery schools prohibited the sharing of their teachings. 

Also, exposing certain knowledge and predictions to the public could POSSIBLY jeopardize certain world events that must take place.

For example......
The Caucasians who rule this world have a LIMITED amount of knowledge given to them that was designed to give them only a LIMITED amount of power that would allow them to rule for only a LIMITED amount of time.

We are taught that Musa brought only ONE book of Mathematics up to the mountains to help civilize the Caucasians.

THE PROPHET ISAIAH - RUSSIAN, 18TH CENTURY - The aged prophet shown in  three quarter view, his right h… | Blacks in the bible, Prophet isaiah,  Black history facts    510 Caveman Stock Videos and Royalty-Free Footage - iStock

Enough to help clean them up, get them on their feet, and prepare them to rule the world for a given period of time while our people were intellectually put to sleep

Why You Should Eat Your Steak Raw, with Alabama Boss - YouTube

"We've come a long way, baby!"

But we have THOUSANDS of books on various types of Mathematics that are MUCH more advanced and complex than Algebra or Calculus!

Like Stefan said, Caucasians have limitations like everybody else.
But you can see what they've been able to do and how much they were able to accomplish with just the limited amount of knowledge they WERE given!

If we had given him more than one book there's no telling WHAT he'd be doing today!
You'd be dealing with White Supremacy on Mars, lol.

That's why Black people should be be careful teaching Caucasians how to dance and sing.

They'll take it and get rich off of it while you're still in the ghetto spinning on cardboard for change.

The East Asians.....for a long time....didn't teach Caucasians the various Martial Arts.

Top 10 martial arts movies | Film | The Guardian

On 10/22/2020 at 10:48 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Do you believe there is a difference between the Conscious and Sub-Conscious?

So far, I believe the conscious is spiritual and a facet of the Divine Consciousness i.e. AETHER.   I believe subconscious is a simulation - kind of like web browser that we turn to when we don't operate on faith. Like with answering this question, it's wavering between DIVINE and corporeal so, I'm using my internal browser liken to chrome or Firefox.    I'm searching for the answer that would best communicate my belief because I don't have faith you'd understand me. That has nothing to do with you but rather the subconscious... By the way, that simulation is programmable by things like organized religion and it controls how we operate in the material world.

@Mel HopkinsThat is a tasty nugget. I am copying it to my phone so I can further reflect on it. Thank you.

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

When I see you spell "color" as "colour" I picture a Caucasian Australian instead of a brother from The Bronx, lol.

Brothers in England talk and speak that way but they are Black.. You are conflating form and substance. So there's Africans who study in the west but internally they are African. 

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.rapgenius.com%2Fc2ac5f5f99320fa6c9eea662a94bae7b.300x257x1.jpg&sp=1603486663T49f9e8a314fdb14465353c9d5af23821dacd5eb4ec521e65b7fcbe18d68ed65f

22 hours ago, Delano said:

Various mystery schools prohibited the sharing of their teachings. Punishment qas expulsion and sometimes death. 

But why? (I feel like a little kid again continually asking why 🙂 ).  Wouldn't humanity benefit from more widespread sharing of knowledge?

6 minutes ago, Troy said:

But why?

Would you want to give our current batch of billionaires the ability occult power? Also what would is your reasoning.

Wealthy people have been attracted to the arts and the occult, sometimes they are seeking truth, knowledge or understanding and sometimes it is just about more power.

Troy

Wouldn't humanity benefit from more widespread sharing of knowledge?

Lol, don't you remember our previous discussion about WISDOM being a necessary prerequesit ?

The more knowledge you give the White Supremacists the more they will USE that knowledge for evil purposes.

Their power on this planet must be broken BEFORE an abundance of new knowledge is allowed to blossom and flourish.

Negro Gardens Safeguarded In A Blackened Femininity Of US Soiling! Black  American Her/History Month

"Oooh child...........I planted these jokers BEFORE the Civil War!
They claimed it was good for the Coronavirus.
But since WE cured it, well...now I just use them for a good salad!"

Del

Would you want to give our current batch of billionaires the ability occult power? 

Some have made the argument that it was through certain occult practices and rituals that they BECAME billionaires in the first place.

But to your point, despite their billions...their knowledge on occult and spiritual matters are extremely limited.

2 hours ago, Delano said:

Would you want to give our current batch of billionaires the ability occult power?

I dunno; does material wealth increase the effectiveness of the occult? Would universal access level the playing field.  What good is the power if no one benefits from it?

14 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

...don't you remember our previous discussion about WISDOM being a necessary prerequesit...

Well maybe we give the knowledge to those who have reached a certain level of wisdom. We don't give martinis to grade school children at lunch...

42 minutes ago, Troy said:

Well maybe we give the knowledge to those who have reached a certain level of wisdom. We don't give martinis to grade school children at lunch...

My astrology teacher told me he would teach me more. I learned the basics from him in 1999 he made that offer in 2014. I asked him why did he wait until I left the country. He said I had to know who you were.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

But to your point, despite their billions...their knowledge on occult and spiritual matters are extremely limited.

You will find the wealthy around the esoteric and the arts.

Troy

Well maybe we give the knowledge to those who have reached a certain level of wisdom. We don't give martinis to grade school children at lunch..

After nearly 50 years of dealing with people, do you know what I think SOME folks should be given?
Not a book....
Not more knowledge...
But a damn SHOVEL and a good pair of work gloves!

Pioneer says: Put them books down and start digging up the soil so we can plant the crops for food this year!

Black Americana, Black Man with Shovel, Waiting for Your in Dixie Old  Postcard | eBay

"But I....
But I wuz in da' middle of writing a nice good ole-fashion
bed-time story for da'  little  childrunz !"

We have enough "Mr.Know-it-alls" running around here figuring out a million and one ways to get out doing actual work.
They'd rather sit around on the computer or sit around with their legs crossed debating philosophy and religion instead of engaging in PRODUCTIVE work that will actually help humanity like building, farming, and curing diseases!

Enough of the financial guru seminars and and negroes in alligator shoes and cheap suits standing around arguing with eachother over religion every Sunday morning.

Ibyo Abagorozi barega Abadiventisti bishyize ukuri ahagaragara | Itabaza |  Ubutumwa bwiza kuri twese

"Now where did you read that at?
The Book of Isaiah or Book of Jeremiah?
Cuz I READ the Book of Jeremiah...
It ain't in there!!!!"

I'd cut all of the bullshit out by putting a shovel, broom, or hammer in their hands and putting them to WORK actually getting something accomplished.

Yeah, I'd give them knowledge.
Enough knowledge to get the job done.....then send them out there to DO IT.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

I dunno; does material wealth increase the effectiveness of the occult? Would universal access level the playing field.  What good is the power if no one benefits from it?

Not anymore than wealth bestows intelligence, athletic or creative ability. What wealth  does give is access to the better resources and more time to develop your craft.
No I don't think so, unless it also resulted in changes to character. There are different types and levels of power. The pawn has power, and can be elevated to the most powerful position in chess. Which relates back to fairy tales. The town outcast, proves his character and becomes King.  

Even if it isn't visible  to most doesn't mean it doesn't exist.. Again chess is a good example pawn are out front and the power is in the back.

Delano

Your posts are making more sense.
You have less typos and your words are more coherent....which means you must be posting from an actual COMPUTER  instead of one of those drive-by hit jobs with your cell phone.....lol.

What wealth  does give is access to the better resources and more time to develop your craft.

Yes.
This is one of the reasons I personally wanted to become very wealthy.  To have that free time to delve further into self exploration and develop my "craft" as you say.  Wealth and good health gives you that peace of mind which allows you to do that since you don't have to concern yourself with how you're going to keep the bills paid.

Again chess is a good example pawn are out front and the power is in the back.

It also illustrates how White Supremacy works and how poor Whites who are very low on the socio-economic scale (pawns) don't mind sacrificing their comforts or even their very health and lives in order to secure the powers behind them and preserve the system.

@Pioneer1 you can have time without needing to be wealthy. Paradoxically in order to be very wealthy yo won't have any time until you achieve you goal. No I was referrering to the descendants will have time, although they will generally be involved in various programs and activities that are less accessible to the general public. Those activities build both skills and contacts.

One of my professor said you don't need to accumulate vast resources in order to have access to them. It just requires thinking strategically or creatively. There is money out there seeking ideas. It is about contacts and ingenuity.

Delano

No I was referrering to the descendants will have time, although they will generally be involved in various programs and activities that are less accessible to the general public. Those activities build both skills and contacts.

This is true.
Especially among wealthy Caucasians.

I don't pal around with a lot of AfroAmericans who are wealthy but from what I've observed and heard most wealth AfroAmericans don't stress to their children the importance of establishing connections and contacts to secure wealth and power.

Black Fraternaties and Sororities are about as good as it gets for most AfroAmericans with money.
And after that a fraction of them in places like Atlanta or D.C. may involve themselves in Black societies like the Jack-n-Jill, but for the most part most AfroAmericans don't focus on establishing connections for their children or marry them together to unite families.

20 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

...most AfroAmericans don't focus on establishing connections for their children or marry them together to unite families.

You are aware of Jack-n-Jill; the primary reason parents join to to expose their children to other middle class and upper middle Black children.  Some Black parents are indeed quite fixated on encouraging their children marry well.

So I would disagree with the idea that:

28 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

most wealth AfroAmericans don't stress to their children the importance of establishing connections and contacts to secure wealth and power.

It is perhaps the reason you don't pal around with a lot of wealthy African American's.  It is an rather insular crowd.  But this is not unusual as people generally pal around with people of the same socio-economic class. 

• Like 1

Troy

The Jack-n-Jill and other Black wealth societies are so small and secretive that they barely have an impact on EACHOTHER let alone overall Black wealth.

It's not part of our CULTURE to marry our children for better connections like say Jews or Koreans and many Caucasians.

A lot of our people are so envious of eachother they focus on marrying OUTSIDE of the community more so than marrying with other wealthy AfroAmericans.

It is an rather insular crowd.  But this is not unusual as people generally pal around with people of the same socio-economic class. 

Exactly.
That's my point.

It's almost to the point of being inbred/incestuous....lol.

Plus they do a lot of unnecessary discrimination based on alumni and educational achievement,  more so than professional achievement and wealth accumulation...which in my opinion is a better determination of one's character and potential for success.

Yeah these organization are indeed small and exclusive.  Shoot my kids couldn't even get into the Manhattan Jack and Jill Chapter, the Black people we knew would vouch for us, so my ex got them into, less toney, Bronx chapter.  If it was up to me alone they would not have been in the organization at all.  

People often as me why I never pledged a frat in college.  First, I had no clue what a Black Greek letter organization was -- none.  My only exposure to fraternities, prior to college, was the movie Animal House.  But even after I learned what frats were and understood the appeal, if I had the desire to join I had neither the familial connections, grades, or the money to be let in.

To this day I'm not a member of any Black social clubs or fraternal organizations.  I keep saying to myself I should try to join one, but then I confronted with the question of why ... and I never came up with a compelling reason.  That may change but right now I remain what the the Black Greeks used to call a "GDI." It was derogatory, but I found the designation appealing 🙂

• Like 1

Troy

I can see definitely see a need for these organizations.  I think their mother (of your children) made the right decision.
Was SHE connected?
She probably knew more of the importance of it for them later on.

You seem to be a self-made man, but most people don't have that ability....so if you want to keep your children at a certain "level" of comfort and social status that they were raised in then they need to be socially and financially "secured".

I know a brother who is 42 years old in a homeless shelter who was born and raised in a wealthy and pretty well connected (in Detroit) family in a wealthy old neighborhood and BOTH of his parents were professors at Wayne State University.
But because he grew up in the city the lure of 'hood life was more attractive and he ended up in and out of jails and homeless.

This is pretty common.

I know another sister who is 62 and used to be an elementary school teacher who is homeless.
She never pledged.
She had the education, but not the connections to call up and help her KEEP here social status.

On top of all of that.......

If I were very educated and wealthy and had daughters I would definitely enroll them in a Black society to make sure they married intelligent well connected BLACK men when they grew up so they don't end up becoming another Candace Owens or Kamala Harris.....lol.

I keep saying to myself I should try to join one, but then I confronted with the question of why ... and I never came up with a compelling reason. 

Lol, for the same reason people join GANGS.
For protection.

This White Supremacist society wants to strip you of your wealth and status and if they can't get to you they'll do it to your children if they aren't protected like the two examples I gave above.

Hence the need for Black societies.

I know a lot of brothers and sisters who joined Black Greek societies for the career and other business and political opportunities they offer.

I'm VERY surprised you don't belong to any organization given your academic career as well as personal relationships with so many AfroAmerican authors.
That's usually one of the first things educated Negroes ask eachother before going ANY further in the conversation.....LOL.

694-03328033 | Zikoko!

"I can TELL you're a Morehouse man....
Because I've only been talking to you 2 minutes
and already realize  I can't TELL you shit!"

3 hours ago, Delano said:

That is what universities do, they are granting pedigrees. So the minute, you say that  you have an advanced degree from a top Uni you have pedigree.  University is about the contacts, that is why you pay.

....and I didn't realize this until I was in my 30s.

Because it's not properly explained.

One of the major causes of dysfunction in the AfroAmerican community is the LIES and DECEIT that is almost ingrained in the subculture of how our children are raised.
We think raising them "properly" is raising them the way Caucasians TELL us we should.

Rather than telling them they should go to a good University because they will make friends with more influencial people who can help them later on in life....instead we simply  tell them it looks good on your resume.
There are a LOT of Universities that'll give you a more thorough education than Yale, but they don't give you the opportunity to become best friends with the future Governor of Virginia or some future tech billionaire.

Perhaps we as AfroAmericans need to COLLECTIVELY re-examine the natures of our MInds!

Delano

I'm not prepared to belabor the point I made, however I will ask you this:

If my statement about Yale was inaccurate....
If I were to look up the BEST Universities in the U.S.....should I expect to see Yale listed in 1st or 2nd place; since you believe there aren't too many better?