What is the nature of your mind

I don't usually weigh in on your topics; I find them to be a bit esoteric (no offense intended), but after just posting about Dr. William's Destruction of Black Civilization, I find myself intrigued by the responses. So, if I may (assuming assent ...lol):

On 10/22/2020 at 7:30 AM, Mel Hopkins said:
On 10/18/2020 at 9:26 PM, Delano said:

Can we train the mind and not go sane?

Absolutely!  I've "trained" my mind to accomplish things I need to do, without thinking.

I agree. I'd even go it one further and say/opine that only a sane person is able to train their mind. I once read one of Dostoyevsky's books (forget which). In its foreword, he said that he based one of the characters on a man he'd met on a train. The man "trained" himself/his mind to catch catnaps for 20 minutes at a time. Intrigued, I tried it, told/instructed my subconscious mind that I would lie down, fall asleep and wake up 20 minutes later. It worked. Fell asleep immediately and woke up to the minute. Repeated it several times over several more days. Every time, I woke up at exactly 20 minutes from the time I went to sleep.

On 10/22/2020 at 2:51 PM, Delano said:

“A physician without a knowledge of Astrology has no right to call himself a physician.”

— Hippocrates

Wasn't really sure if I remembered correctly, so I looked it up:

What did Hippocrates learn from Kemet?

He encouraged others to make their way to Kemet to study [source: Texas A&M ]. In Kemet, Hippocrates, the "father of medicine," learned of disease from the previous explorations of Imhotep, who established diagnostic medicine 2,500 years earlier

It is as I thought: Dr. Williams does indeed mention Hippocrates in The Destruction of Black Civilization.... along with many of the other Greek students e.g., Socrates, Plato, Pythagorus, etc., that the white world gives credit to for what they were taught in the Mystery System schools in Kemet/Egypt.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:08 PM, Delano said:

Various mystery schools prohibited the sharing of their teachings. Punishment qas expulsion and sometimes death. 

On 10/23/2020 at 4:32 PM, Troy said:
On 10/22/2020 at 6:08 PM, Delano said:

Various mystery schools prohibited the sharing of their teachings. Punishment qas expulsion and sometimes death. 

But why? (I feel like a little kid again continually asking why 🙂 ).  Wouldn't humanity benefit from more widespread sharing of knowledge?

Various, not all, and usually with good reason. For ex., schools of medicine, or as my doctor says, "people need to stop diagnosing themselves from what they read on the internet!" (lol) As for widespread, many of the schools acted like guilds, or as in the case of those like medicine, today's AMA (American Medical Association). Then again, many acted like unions (again the AMA! lol) or like colleges and universities. vetting and restricting candidates. Different disciplines had different expectations of privacy/secrecy, and suitable punishments for transgressing. 

Not sure I got all the above from "Destruction..." (I do have other resources), but I remember Dr. Williams talked about the Mystery Schools of Egypt in the book.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:48 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Caucasian scientists are JUST NOW catching up with what was OLD knowledge to pre-fallen people of color.

True dat. When I was in a Chemistry class in college, the professor in a bid to "wow" his students, said that ancient Egyptian scientists (trained in the Mystery Schools, I might add) calculated the distance from the earth to the moon to be 238,848 miles.. Then solemnly, he said: "But they were wrong. MODERN science has shown that the distance between earth and the moon is 238, 855 miles."

Not to mention the West African Dogons and Sirius B who not only were able to describe its EXACT location, but knew 100,000 years ago, that it was a white-dwarf.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:39 AM, Pioneer1 said:

The East Asians.....for a long time....didn't teach Caucasians the various Martial Arts.

Top 10 martial arts movies | Film | The Guardian

While not in "Destruction..." (lol), I found this interesting. The Japanese may have been the first to teach whites the martial arts, but Africans were the first to teach the Japanese those very same martial arts. There is a Japanese proverb that goes;

For a Samurai to be brave, he must have a bit of Black blood.” (google!)

Africans were the first samurai. so over the centuries, it came to be known that "to be a brave samurai, you must have a "bit" of black blood/ancestry."

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

There are a LOT of Universities that'll give you a more thorough education than Yale,

56 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

If I were to look up the BEST Universities in the U.S.....should I expect to see Yale listed in 1st or 2nd place; since you believe there aren't too many better?

I was addressing your first point. What school in your mind gives a better education than Yale. I visited Yale and went to NYU for Grad School. I had class with a Harvard Undergrad, and had chats with a Grad Student from MIT, I had a few friends at Northeastern University. 

So what comparisons are you using to say there are a LOT of Universities better than Yale.

Del

I was addressing your first point. What school in your mind gives a better education than Yale. I visited Yale and went to NYU for Grad School. I had class with a Harvard Undergrad, and had chats with a Grad Student from MIT, I had a few friends at Northeastern University. 

Well, according to these figures that recommend the BEST Universities for each profession:

If I want to be a Doctor:

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/research-rankings

If I want to be a Civil Engineer:

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/engineering-doctorate-civil

If I want to be an Officer in the Military:

https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/top-15-military-colleges-in-the-u-s/

Infact, according to these sources Yale doesn't even make it in the TOP  10 for best Universities.

With that being said, now let me ask YOU a question..............

When I said that a lot of Universities give a more thorough education than Yale, you said I was "mistaken".

You certainly can't disagree with me based on your EXPERIENCE because you didn't actually GO to Yale.
Your experience with Yale is that of being placed in a corner and told to sit down and be quiet to witness a class in session during a visit...lol.

So what evidence do YOU have that my statement was wrong?

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

So what evidence do YOU have that my statement was wrong

Pioneer Harvard Princeton and Yale are the yardsticks that other universities are measured against. They are the equivalent of Oxford and Cambridge. 

Every university has a profile and a speciality. 

Like you said you weren't exposed or even made aware of the benefits of the university. 

BTW there is a difference between College and University. 

Yale University is consistently listed in the top 20 overall in the world. 

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/scores_overall/sort_order/asc/cols/scores:4

https://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/choosing-university/worlds-top-100-universities

@Pioneer1 perhaps you should ask a few educators.

They may be able to help you understand why Princeton is consistently top 20 in the World. 

Del

-Pioneer Harvard Princeton and Yale are the yardsticks that other universities are measured against. They are the equivalent of Oxford and Cambridge. 

-Every university has a profile and a speciality. 

-BTW there is a difference between College and University. 

You just gave me 3 unsolicited bits of information that are all IRRELEVANT to my question.

Yale University is consistently listed in the top 20 overall in the world.

Ok.
Then that means that there are potentially 19 OTHER Universities that are BETTER at educating.

perhaps you should ask a few educators.

They may be able to help you understand why Princeton is consistently top 20 in the World. 

But the "educators" aren't on here arguing with me and calling me wrong, lol.
YOU are.

Why should I drive down to a University and bother some poor professor with a series of silly questions about Princeton?

Free Photo | Senior teacher sitting on desk and writing in notebook

"Sure, uh......
can I help you with something?"

You said my statement was a mistake implying that it was wrong, and I'm asking you WHAT EVIDENCE do you have that my statement was wrong?

Delay-No-More  Delano...I'd like an ANSWER to my question BEFORE the U.S. Presidential Election please.

Del

Perhaps someone else will answer the question 

Perhaps.
But why should someone ELSE bear the burden of answering a question meant for YOU?

FAS

True dat. When I was in a Chemistry class in college, the professor in a bid to "wow" his students, said that ancient Egyptian scientists (trained in the Mystery Schools, I might add) calculated the distance from the earth to the moon to be 238,848 miles.. Then solemnly, he said: "But they were wrong. MODERN science has shown that the distance between earth and the moon is 238, 855 miles."

The only thing I would add is it is MY understanding that the so-called "Mystery Schools" of Kemet that Western Historians refer to wasn't meant for Africans, but for Caucasians.

You see....while Musa initially went up to the caves to civilize Caucasians and give them BASIC knowledge......
Some of the exceptionally smart savages were taken OUT of the caves and brought back to Kemet to be taught ADVANCED knowledge (advanced for them) to become the leaders of Caucasian civilization.  
These are special schools and the educational system was especially designed to teach and initiate Caucasian leaders.

Were the Templars secret devil worshippers? | Sky HISTORY TV Channel

"If we give you the knowledge to rule over the Earth for a limited period of time....
Do you swear the oath to keep it secret from the other savages?"

The average beer guzzling White man you see walking around  don't get THIS knowledge.
Only the very smartest LEADERS of White Supremacy do.
But it's still only a fraction of our overall knowledge.

While not in "Destruction..." (lol), I found this interesting. The Japanese may have been the first to teach whites the martial arts, but Africans were the first to teach the Japanese those very same martial arts. There is a Japanese proverb that goes;

Absolutely.
Infact, the VERY first people on the island of Nippon (Japan) WERE Black.  

They were of the same stock as the little Negrito people found through out Vietnam and Phillipines.

image.jpeg.adeee433e5a90d62da02221c9301ae86.jpeg

image.jpeg.ce7fbac0a968af0e37b7d295bc94cd10.jpeg  

"You got something in that bag for us??"

We taught THEM like we taught the Caucasian.

Our people just forgot it and moved on.

Kind of like BREAK DANCING.
We invented it, but while it's still popular in Japan.....Negroes in America have forgotten about something THEY invented and just want to flop around on the couch all day smoking weed.

Husbands and Wives Who Smoke Weed Together Don't Experience the Same High
"Hey babe....
There was something I 'posed to be doing
But I forgot what it wuzzz!"

20 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

I don't usually weigh in on your topics; I find them to be a bit esoteric (no offense intended), but after just posting about Dr. William's Destruction of Black Civilization, I find myself intrigued by the responses. So, if I may (assuming assent ...lol):

I took it as a compliment. I have Destruction in my list of books to read, however I am putting it on hold while I work on a project.

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

So what evidence do YOU have that my statement was wrong?

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/search?_sort=rank&_sortDirection=asc&schoolName=Yale+University

If you are ranked #4 in the nation there aren't a lot of Universities that are better than you there are three. If you are ranked 11 in the world again there are a lot of Universities that are worse than better.

So I give first hand experiences, while you use a ranking and then you misinterpret the results. 

23 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

lol! Offended? I'm honored. It would be presumptuous to consider myself an initiate or a member of the mystery schools - but if someone else defines the topics as esoteric  - I won't argue.  😀   It is cool that you realized that a concept that should be eyebrow raising and be skeptical about; is actually as normal as breathing. I've actually done the sleep thing too - and I always wake up about  10 minutes before wake up time.  No sure why ten minutes but it works. And no I've never had trouble sleeping either.  As I mentioned before I believe the subconscious is like a web-browser that we program or someone else programs for us to determine how we filter information.  something as simple as reading another perspective allows us an update to see what is possible instead of impossible. 

As a journalist, I learned early, it wasn't my job to convince anyone of anything. I was only to make them aware that "thing" exist.

So yes, consider it is always consent from me.  I'm curious about the world we live in.  And while I understand there is a certain risk in considering other perspectives, I welcome them.

@Del ,Twin, thank you for adding emphasis to my theory - it helped me to reread what I wrote.  In doing so, I got a better understanding.  I don't always think about what I write. I just write and when I get stuck on how to express myself - I just stand aside and let the spirit communicate for me.  So that was a message for me to contemplate too.

• Like 1

Del

If you are ranked #4 in the nation there aren't a lot of Universities that are better than you there are three. If you are ranked 11 in the world again there are a lot of Universities that are worse than better.

Well let's not mix it up, let's be accurate.....
I didn't simply say "better" but said a MORE THOROUGH EDUCATION.

Yale is near the top when it comes to PRESTIGE and CONTACTS, but I just showed you several links to many other schools that had better ACADEMIC PROGRAMS  depending on what profession you want to go in.

If you are ranked 11 in the world again there are a lot of Universities that are worse than better.

.....according to the link YOU provided, but not the ones I provided.

Furthermore, if we're talking about a BAG OF SKITTLES

image.jpeg.38f9a46b0767cfd34a09aef1d18ede50.jpeg

.....maybe 7 or 8 wouldn't be considered a "lot".  
But when we're talking about actual INSTITUTIONS.....lol....what number constitutes a "lot" to you?

If someone told me they had 7 businesses, I would say that's a LOT of businesses!

So I give first hand experiences, while you use a ranking and then you misinterpret the results. 

Stoooop Delano, stop.......
You don't have "first hand experience" because you weren't EDUCATED at Yale in order to compare it's quality to any other.
You were allowed to sit in on and witness ONE CLASS in session (if you promised to sit down and keep quiet) and that's about as far as YOUR experiences with Yale go.

You dug up an article and posted a link that supports YOUR argument just like I did.....lol....so let's be fair.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Delano said:

Astrology is marginalised but it is a great tool for sharpening the mind.

@Del I don't know of anyone in the U.S. who doesn't take Astrology seriously. In fact, I see it as a mainstream science (probably even more so than biology because people can relate to  zodiac signs, transitioning of mars especially when its in retrograde to understanding how  Sirius the dog star is prevalent in secret societies that folks believe rule the world.

But anyway, I went to sleep with your comment on my mind - and because my mind was open to seeing,  "Why Astrology Matters" by Michael Brooks was staring back at me when I opened up my firefox browser.  An astrologer told him he was going to have two cars - and he just purchased one. It served as an omen that he purchased a lemon.  I'm going to finish reading it now. 

But I am also interested in understanding how you use Astrology to sharpen your mind. I've mentioned to you, I thrive in chaos and if a tool can tell me of future events, then it's like kryptonite to me.  

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 7:45 AM, Pioneer1 said:

The only thing I would add is it is MY understanding that the so-called "Mystery Schools" of Kemet that Western Historians refer to wasn't meant for Africans, but for Caucasians.

Then where did the blacks who taught learn the disciplines (science, e.g., math; the social sciences, e.g., psychology) that made up each school teach only whites and none of their friends, family and neighbors? The second and third generations of teachers would have had to be white - if your assertion is true, there would be NO black scholars to replace the ones who originated the universities/mystery schools... and we know this is NOT true. The little island of Greece was nothing in comparison to the might of the Egyptian empire, the mightiest in the world at the time of the Mystery Schools' inceptions, so what would be the purpose of the Pharoahs declaring that ONLY Greeks were to be taught in his EXPENSIVE schools and that his people were to remain ignorant? It couldn't have been because the Greeks were white - as far as I know, they were the ONLY non-blacks to attend the schools - because the modern day concept of race, based on skin complexion, only came about to justify the slave trade. In ancient times, not only the Greeks, but the Franks (French), the Romans, the Germans, were all considered to be separate and distinct races. So why teach the Greeks.... only? Doesn't make much sense.

@Mel Hopkins Pattern recognition and the ability to think conceptually are my main tools. I hadn't thought about it before your comment, but it explains why I like numbers and Algebra more than History. Astrology is an abstraction. It places myths upon the heavens and the Stars. You literally are taking  time, space and speed and converting them in two dimensions. So it is like you are taking the second derivative of reality. (Reality is 4 dimensions a piece of paper is 2 dimensions). 

So Astrology can be an objective way to see people (including oneself ), places, events and relationships from another perspective. 

It is also an amazing way to categorize. You have the following dynamics, which occur concurrenly: Masculine Feminine; Day Night; Cardinal (initiating) Fixed Mutable; Fire (active), Earth (practical), Air (theoretical) Water (emotional); 10 planets (expression of energy) 12signs how a planet is expressed, house where it is expressed.

The most concise way to express astrology is to use the analogy of a play. Planets are the actors, sign is the role, house is the field or setting.

even though I do predictive work for others in order to help them plan for the future. I no longer do predictive work for myself. What comes up for me is more how to react to upcoming or current dynamics.

As an aside I beleive there are patterns and even markers of moment in time and space. Since a planets positions in space cane be converted into time. There are three signifies of time in Astrology Solar - Year, the Sun takes a year to move through the Zodiac, Lunar - Month the Moon takes a Moonth to move through the Zodiac, Terrestrial the signs take one day to make a complete revolution.

• Like 1

Isaac Newton is considered the Last Magician who was also a scientist. I think there have been a some since though. I have heard about the book although the author is not an astrologer. Despite what he states an Astrology chart never repeats. If you take one of the celebrities listed and enter the date of their chart the char have some similarities. It looks like he tried to find charts which put Sun Mercury Venus and Mars into the same relative positions around the Sun. Yet I can't see any consistent patterns for the Moon Jupiter Saturn Uranus and Pluto. However I have only looked at it for a few minutes. The Moon and the Ascendant are very important, as important as he Sun. Since all three measure different units of time within a chart. So I am not surprised that he hasn't found any correlations since he is leaving out six planets.

Also as an aside in Hindu Astrology the Moon is more important than the Sun.

@Mel Hopkins

In the past week an idea popped into my head. If there is any activity that you are passionate about and engage in consistently for over a decade it changes you. For me it is Astrology, for Troy it is books, and perhaps for you it is research.

@Mel Hopkins it also occurred to me that Astrology and Tarot can be also be used for self revelation and not just divination or rather fortune telling.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Delano said:

In the past week an idea popped into my head. If there is any activity that you are passionate about and engage in consistently for over a decade it changes you. For me it is Astrology, for Troy it is books, and perhaps for you it is research.

@Mel Hopkins it also occurred to me that Astrology and Tarot can be also be used for self revelation and not just divination or rather fortune telling.

Nailed it!  I started researching in the mid-nineties, and although I took a mini-break; the quest refuses to let go. And yes I agree, self-revelation is a powerful outcome! I've had my charts done in the past and it did uncover personal characteristics I kept hidden even from myself. By the way, pattern recognition and conceptual learning/thinking are two of my strengths.  Maybe in my last incarnation, I worked with the stars...I remember a flight attendant telling me that she could see one of my lives as french royalty but in a dark dungeon  -and something about divination. The reveal felt accurate - although I have no memory of it. 

Anyway, this conversation feels like we are reclaiming our birthright - thank you for the insight and the topic @Del

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

personal characteristics I kept hidden even from myself.

In the past 5 years, astrologer I have made me aware of aspects of my personality I did not know. 

Correction. I read that decades ago, fortune telling for self discovery and education. Your fortune is also what you possess. Your second house and the part of fortune relate to your moveable possessions. House or land would be the fourth house in Astrology since you can't move them. I would put cars in the third with short term travel. And planes and ships in the 9th with long voyages.

Thanks Twin.

I am also looking at portents and signs . Since whatever  catches the attention has meaning.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 8:16 AM, Troy said:

Can you give an example of a religion with a "consistent organization?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation_sole
The Roman Catholic Church continues to use corporations sole in holding titles of property: as recently as 2002, it split a 
diocese in the US state of California into many smaller corporations sole and with each parish priest becoming his own corporation sole, thus limiting the diocese's liability for any sexual abuse or other wrongful activity in which the priest might engage. 

• Thanks 1