YelloPain - My Vote Don’t Count “School House Rap”

When I was a kid an elder brother used to say quite often, and I quote:

"Leave it to a nigga to finally get his shit together when the show is over and the world is ending."

I wasn't sure what he meant by saying that when I was a kid but the older I get the more I understand the wisdom of it by observing the behavior of many of our people.

I put this Rapper's educational video in the same category as Bit Coin investing and real-estate classes so many AfroAmericans are promoting today.....old knowledge for a dying world.
Things that our people should have been discussing 20 or 30 years ago when it really mattered.
But not today.

This is good for a basic primer of how the government is organized but as far as I'm concerned it's too little too late.

This society and the system itself is most likely on the verge of COLLAPSE.
White folks INVENTED this system and even THEY no longer have faith in it and don't trust it or the political process....which is why both sides are suspicious of ANY outcome.

We may have different expectations........

I'm expecting a NEW society and system that will be controlled by us.
And the lower level White Supremacists want a NEW society that is still controlled by them but with a totally different structure.
....but no one has any more faith in this current process except for a handful of confused Negroes who HOPE everything will be alright if they just vote for whoever is LEAST racist.

So most of what he's talking about as far as voting and what it will or won't do for us is irrelevant at this point.

The brightest point of his message was at the 2:55 minute mark when he says "imaging life on the other side".

That's what we should be focused on doing as AfroAmericans.
We should stock up on food, water, and warm clothing, and imaging life on the OTHER SIDE of the chaos as we hunker down in our homes and protect ourselves, our families, pray that The SUPREME BEING brings us through to the other side and on into the bright and beautiful future that I'm expecting for us.

Instead of bouncing up and down the street with a head full of nappy yellow hair swinging his arms over food stamps, this young brother should use his talents to proclaim a NEW GOSPEL for life on the other side of the river instead of attempting to educate slaves on how he "thinks" the plantation is ran.

Instead of rapping for which Caucasian will raise the minimum wage so your paycheck from Dairy Queen will be a little bigger on your way back to your crumbling ghetto dwelling.....perhaps the brother should rap about a NEW system where we're growing our own food and building our own houses!

So @Pioneer1 will the modern day School House Rock video motivate you to vote?

Barack should have hired this Brother to spread this message during the first midterms after his election.  Seriously.

After the midterms Barack talked about getting shellacked when he should have been helping people understanding the importance of voting not just for him but for the people in the Senate and House.  Maybe he did do that and the media did not cover it....

I still doubt Black people will come out to vote for this ticket the way they come out to vote for Obama.  I doubt Black women (save the AKAs) will come out to support Kamala the way they did Obama.  It will be really interesting to compare the Black female turn out for Obama versus Harris.

So @Pioneer1 will the modern day School House Rock video motivate you to vote?

As I've said before, I'm ALREADY motivated to vote.....for local elections.
I wouldn't waste my time or risk exposure during a pandemic to stand in some long ass line and play some CEREMONIAL game for something that has already been decided.

Barack should have hired this Brother to spread this message during the first midterms after his election.  Seriously.

True.
That would have actually been a good idea.
But I'm thinking President Obama...like most AfroAmerican politicians... doesn't take Rap and Hiphop in general as serious and as a staple of AfroAmerican culture as he SHOULD.  
If they did, they'd employ far more Rappers and R&B artists than they currently are.
Given President Obama's desire to constantly work with and compromise with his racist opposition instead of DEFEATING them,  he probably would have under estimated the influence the brother could have had and regulated him to the back-burner.

After the midterms Barack talked about getting shellacked when he should have been helping people understanding the importance of voting not just for him but for the people in the Senate and House.  Maybe he did do that and the media did not cover it....

Barack got "shellacked" (first time I heard that term used for defeat....lol) because of his relentless desire to COMPROMISE the principles the Democratic party CLAIMED to stand for and work with racist Republicans who had no intention of working with him.
The same thing Biden is doing right now.
He comes to Michigan and stays AWAY from Detroit and Flint ignoring thousands of Black voters who are undecided....and instead go out into small hick-towns and suburbs giving speeches to racist Caucasians who just stand around grinning at him with their arms folded knowing damn well they ARE NOT going to vote for him.

Gun rights advocates rally around the Second Amendment in Taylor | News |  thenewsherald.com

Do THESE people look like they'd vote for 
Biden or any other Democrat?

Now if you DON'T want to believe that Presidents are already selected and your votes for them are irrelevant.......

Then you'd have to agree that President Obama is actualy the MAJOR reasons your boy Agent Orange is in office right now!

How?

Because before he even got in office,  the man broke several laws while campaigning and President Obama refused use that opportunity to go after him and keep him out of office!

He just let his crimes go....and let him dance his way into the Whitehouse unopposed.
He could have investigated and challenged the election and how Hillary ended up getting 3 million more votes but still losing.
If the man actually had a pair and had FOLLOWED THE LAW and properly investigated and prosecuted.....Clinton would be President right now and the nation wouldn't be going through what  it's currently going through!

At one point even Trump himself said if what he did was so bad then why the hell didn't Obama and his DOJ do their fucking jobs and investigate!!!!!

Obama broke NO LAW and President Trump STILL used his powers to investigate him and try to get him and Hillary indicted and locked up, but despite his  collusions with Russia and other crimes even before taking office, Obama REFUSED to do a damn thing about it.

Typical Democrat post Roosevelt.....weak as water.

And you want me to support these clowns???

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Barack got "shellacked" (first time I heard that term used for defeat....lol)

It is a phase white people use.  Ass-whipping would have been more apropos, but Obama is not exactly most culturally Black Brother around, and was communicating in the manner in which got him elected.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

And you want me to support these clowns???

Yes, if you don't support them you are giving tacit support to 45.  As weak as Obama may have been, surely you can appreciate that he is more desirable than 45, right?

Troy

I grew up with the undertanding that "shellac" is what men did to their nails.
It was just putting clear nail polish on them.

Not sure if they did this in New York, but when I was a kid Black men who were professional card players and Pimps would get their nails filed and "shellacked" as part of their grooming.

Manicures were frequent among men.

As weak as Obama may have been, surely you can appreciate that he is more desirable than 45, right?

It may sound counter intuitive given my political and social leanings......but in line with what I've been saying on here for the past few months:  NO.

I'm glad Trump is in office and I hope he STAYS in office (regardless as to who is actually elected) until the job I BELIEVE he was put in to do is complete.

I didn't understand it in 2016, but now it's as clear as a cloudless day.