How can Blacks advance economically under Harris Biden?

"Celebrities" are not a monolith.  Besides, we know people who are actually wealthy do not pay the top marginal rate in taxes. Did you not learn anything from 45's taxes?

Wealthy people pay a much lower percentage of total income than wager earners. 

64K likes ... I wish Black people would stop consuming "information" from celebrities on Twitter.  Donald Trump, Ice Cube, Kayne West, and 50 Cent are founts of knowledge today --  incredible!

57 minutes ago, Troy said:

64K likes ... I wish Black people would stop consuming "information" from celebrities on Twitter.  Donald Trump, Ice Cube, Kayne West, and 50 Cent are founts of knowledge today --  incredible!

The current Mainstream Media is no better. It’s the age of sorting and seeking.

You also attempted to side step the point that higher taxes will be devastating to blacks who aren’t wealthy. That’s the point of the post. The celebrity is just the lightening round.

13 minutes ago, Delano said:

Can you explain why this might be the case?

Higher taxes reduces disposable income. Wealthy people have more means to avoid taxes than w2 wage earners. Besides income taxes, higher gas prices further reduces disposable income. This results in less money for poor and working blacks to spend, save and invest. 

Lower income people are effected in a more impactful way by reduced disposable income. This is because a higher percentage of their money has evaporated.

7 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

The current Mainstream Media is no better. It’s the age of sorting and seeking.

The mainstream media IS the problem.  They are the ones who treat tweet like it is the API or UPI.  Taking all that noise on and given it credibility.  This is the primary reason 45 is in the Whitehouse today.

I did not sidestep any issues none were worth addressing beyond what I wrote.

Bottom line the tax code is a mess. 

Middle class wage earning bear the brunt.  Poor people do not pay income taxes, indeed those with kids actually get a payment from the government each April (with a big chunk for those payments going to "financial services firms" who give loans to people who can't wait "5 minutes" for return to process .  The founder of Berkshire Hathaway famously explained that his secretary pays a higher percentage of her income than he does.  I paid more in taxed last year than trump has paid in the past decade.  

@Delano Everyone should pay an equal percentage above some minimum floor, depending upon you location, say $50K in Tampa and $100k everything earned about the minimum is tax at the same rate.  Capital gains, inheritances, wages, everything, except social security.  No loop holes, no deductions.

Perhaps we should tax investment and savings not income. What you could do is not pay taxes on unrealised gains until you reach retirement age. and even then you could all realised and unrealised gains at 10%.  You could decide what estate tax and luxury taxes as a function of a basket of stocks for a comparative holding period. Also it would be mandatory for every worker to have a retirement account that companies also contribute. Massive concentration of wealth and tax avoidance by the wealthy is a recipe for disaster. 

If people commit crimes send them to an ivy league school, it's cheaper than prison.

This outrage over paying taxes amuses me. As if no one in this forum realizes that the U.S. Treasury needs to be replenished after Republican trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich. Why would anyone follow the words of celebrities who exist in a different world? 

And you’re mad at Joe Biden. Just remember, the former Vice President is not a radical. He is sensible. But he also knows that the federal government needs more revenue.

In 2019, Biden revealed a tax plan that would boost federal revenue by $3.2 billion. He wants to

· Tax Capital Gains as income

· Raise the corporate tax rate to 28%

· End the stepped-up basis loophole which allows someone inheriting property and investments to reduce their capital gains taxes

· Establish a corporate minimum tax (how many times have you read about corporations paying no taxes?)

· Tax foreign profits at 21%

· Cap deductions for the wealthy 

· Impose sanctions for using tax havens

· Raise the highest individual tax rate to 39.6% (for the richest)

· End real estate loopholes, which will end “like-kind” exchanges that help property investors

· End tax breaks for fossil fuel production

Biden
has specifically said the money raised by these changes to the tax laws will fund social programs.

According to Trump fans, everyone’s taxes will go up under Biden That is nonsense. Unless you make more than $400,000 a year, you will pay the same in federal taxes.

The claim that the tax rate for those making over $400,000 may be pushed over 60% are applicable for only three states: California (62.64 percent), Hawaii (60.34 percent), and New Jersey (60.09 percent). Marginal rates would also exceed 60 percent in New York City (62.03 percent). This is from the Tax Foundation website.

Who makes $400,000 a year in this forum? If you do, congratulations! But the wealthy need to pay their fair share of the tax base. This should have never been the task of the Middle Class.

Why the rage over Biden?

Because he is targeting
rich people and corporations. Both will pay more in taxes. It’s even possible the rich and corporations may no longer be able to use many  loopholes and exceptions that keep them from paying their fair share.

The potential beneficiaries of Biden’s tax plan would be the social programs he wants to fund with the increased tax revenue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what I think about it.  Black people (and everyone) need to stop worrying 

about what is Harris/Biden going to do for me, or what is Donald J. Trump going 

to do for me.  Obviously, if you make more money you are going to pay more

taxes, that has always been the case.  The bottom line is that we are on our own 

and if you want something done for you, you had better get busy and do it for

your damn self because none of them gives a care about any of us.  

• Thanks 1

Most of these Gangsta Rappers are some of the BIGGEST sell-outs AfroAmerica has ever seen.

I've been saying that for years.

The same negroes who would sell poison to the community and harm little children just to stuff a few dollars in their pockets.

The same negroes who will KNOWINGLY rap about killing and shooting other Black people for the pleasure of  Caucasian record executives just to make them more money.

....is there any suprise that they'd sell their own people out or support racist Republicans for economic gain?

They are SELL-OUTS.

They are the SAME type of Africans who would have sold their own brothers, sisters, and children into slavery to enrich themselves.

Cube is a LITTLE more conscious than most Gangster Rappers, but he is a founding member of NWA....a  tool that was instrumental in criminalizing the Black youth of America.
50 Cent actually CALLS himself a "gorilla" and other Black men is rap group gorillas.

So I'm not surprised at all.

Most of these Gangsta Rappers are  actually WORSE than the Black preachers.
Atleast when the Black preacher sells out he doesn't promote crime and violence and PRETENDS to promote righteousness.....these niccaz don't even care.

image.jpeg.0c0dd4a0c10d9dd9d63662b1f0b2fdca.jpeg

The Black preacher takes your money....THESE niccaz are taking lives and encouraging others to do so.

I actually DO worry what Trump would do to a person such as myself.  And all other seniors in this country. 

Republicans have not been supportive of Black people since the late 1960's. There are always exceptions of course. 

But I am amazed that so many Blacks whom I thought were level headed and perceptive actually think Ice Cube has the gravitas to convince lawmakers, investment bankers and corporate titans that he is a major player inside the Beltway. 

Wow.

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

@Stefan Warren Buffet is 50 Cents mentor. That’s gravitas. Trump has lowered drug prices. That benefits Seasoned Citizens.

Know what would benefit "seasoned citizens" even more?

Universal Healthcare where all treatment and medication would be absolutely free!
It's something that MOST Americans want but neither the Republi-pigs nor the Demon-crats have offered.

Instead, the Demo-craps offer some half-ass program that FORCES you to buy health insurance from corporations
And the Repug-nicans aren't offering a DAMN thing....except their "thoughts and prayers" after you drop dead.

What do Baltimore, fallen service members and POWs have in common? Trump  hates them | COMMENTARY - Baltimore Sun
"Is it time to go yet?
No, no...I'm just asking.
The rain's starting to pick up again."

44 minutes ago, Troy said:

Then why are listening to 50?  We should be paying attention to Warren.  Do you think 50 the mentee is Warren Buffet's equal?

The same reason people listen to Dennis Kimbro it for translation purpose.  Speaking to people where they are at. How many people who recognize 50 cent recognize Buffet? 

59 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Universal Healthcare where all treatment and medication would be absolutely free!

Show me a country where all the treatment and medicine are free and of the same quality as the United States? It wouldn’t work because you don’t have sufficient resources, personnel and skill sets. Who is going to pay for the research, acquisition of ingredients, and transportation to name a few of the components that require money.

Oh and don’t say China 🇨🇳 https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/28/wuhan-virus-epidemic-china-chinese-health-care-needs-more-communism/ They pay 1/3 out of pocket.

Universal Healthcare is a fantasy for the ill informed.

6 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

The same reason people listen to Dennis Kimbro it for translation purpose.  Speaking to people where they are at. How many people who recognize 50 cent recognize Buffet? 

Everybody knows who Warren Buffett is.  Please don't

insult people's intelligence, they are not that dumb. 

(NOTE:  By everybody, I mean the majority of adults,

not every single human being on Planet Earth.)

Daniel

Show me a country where all the treatment and medicine are free and of the same quality as the United States? 

Based on what I've heard from others, England and quite possibly China.
Also based on what I've heard....Cuba has free treatement and medicine and their quality is SUPERIOR to the United States, especially where AfroAmericans and AfroCubans are compared.

But this is only based on what I've heard from others....I haven't had an opportunity to directly observe it one way or another.

How many people who recognize 50 cent recognize Buffet? 

Lol.....
And how many people who recognize and look up to 50 Cent can actually be counted on to put their blunts down and actually go vote for somebody....let alone enage in any other political activity????

50 Cent's 10 Most Infamous Beefs | HipHopDX
"Alright playaz and playettz..........
Yall muufuuz know we got a Senate race
and County Sheriff election coming up
in a minute.....right?
Right?
So....uh....get on dat shit."

13 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

Everybody knows who Warren Buffett is.  Please don't

insult people's intelligence, they are not that dumb. 

(NOTE:  By everybody, I mean the majority of adults,

not every single human being on Planet Earth.)

Many people may have heard the name but that doesn’t mean they know who he is. What was the name of his company? Ask 20 people and see how many know.

9 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Lol.....
And how many people who recognize and look up to 50 Cent can actually be counted on to put their blunts down and actually go vote for somebody....let alone enage in any other political activity????

You don’t understand how Influencers work. Also how many people watched Power who don’t smoke Blunts or read 48 Laws of Power. Just like with Trump you don’t recognize his horizontal or vertical presence.

50 cents is just 11 years younger than me. His music reached the end of my Generation. In the beginning of 2000, I listened to his music 

Daniel

You don’t understand how Influencers work. Also how many people watched Power who don’t smoke Blunts or read 48 Laws of Power. Just like with Trump you don’t recognize his horizontal or vertical presence.

50 Cent is a smart man.
Intelligent man.
And a good businessman as far as I can tell.

And yes he IS influencial.

But the people HE has influence over are generally not involved in the political process....lol.
They don't give a damn WHO gets in office.  They are focused on entertainment and most likely dabbling in criminal activities trying to be like him. (not saying that 50 is still involved in criminal activities).

Don't get your hopes up too high.

50 Cent made that statement on twitter in support of Trump out of an EMOTIONAL reaction.
Like most rich people, he doesn't want to see more of his money being eaten up in taxes.
Besides lower taxes, he's probably ignorant on every other issue Trump and the Republicans stand for.

He's only looking out for HIMSELF.

He even ADMITTED that he didn't care if Trump didn't like Black people!!!!!!

He doesn't care about other Black folks or whether or not they are in the bull's eye with these racists...as long as more dollars aren't being picked out of HIS pocket!

It was an impulsive statement made by an intelligent but selfish negro out of ignorance.

Just now, daniellegfny said:

Many people may have heard the name but that doesn’t mean they know who he is. What was the name of his company? Ask 20 people and see how many know.

You go ask twenty people.  Everybody I know, knows who Warren Buffett

is and what he owns so I don't need to ask them.  

You can google what companies he owns shares in for yourself, I'm not

wasting my finger energy on this.  

You missed my whole point anyway.  It's not even about Warren Buffett,

it's about you seeming to think that everybody else is less intelligent than

you.  Just because people listen to a particular genre of music doesn't 

mean that they are dumb.  

2 minutes ago, Mzuri said:

Just because people listen to a particular genre of music doesn't 

mean that they are dumb.

You are the one making those assertions. I made the post so you are directing your emotions in the wrong place. Ignorance is not an insult. 

@MzuriI just asked 3 random Indians if they knew the company Buffet owned only one knew. 

6 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Show me a country where all the treatment and medicine are free and of the same quality as the United States? 

Humm let me think ... all of them! The quality is pretty shitty here when you don't have it.

• Like 2

Warren Buffett, the wizard of Omaha. He’s been mentioned in financial circles for decades.

Saavy investor. Most hear about his company,  Berkshire Hathaway. In May, Tiffany Curry of Houston, became the first Black woman owner of a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices real estate franchise.

Personally, I think we have our own intelligent folks who can offer plans for personal investment. But they lack media access. 

Personally, I think we have our own intelligent folks who can offer plans for personal investment. But they lack media access. 

I mentioned this on another thread.
While we should encourage more financial literacy among our people (AfroAmericans) and the best ways to manage our money....when we actually get some.....the main concern for the AVERAGE AfroAmerican today is actually GETTING some money in the first place!

Let us not put the cart before the horse.

It's futile for Negroes to fill up convention centers and stadiums being lectured on the best stocks to buy or bit-coin investments when half of them are unemployed and the other half are working low wages job at Taco Bell and Dairy Queen.

Our people are in an economic state of emergency.

image.jpeg.adf53a3171589479c31d3cb9b7bf1e92.jpeg

"Well Pioneer....ALL Black folks ain't broke!
What's wrong with us talking about various ways of investment?"

Because it CONFUSES too many of our people!

Most financial Investing is designed for those with REAL disposable income...meaning atleast HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars to play around with.
A couple hundred dollars itching your pocket that you're not sure what to do with it  IS NOT disposable income!
Which means the vast majority of our people DO NOT have real disposable income to fuck up in these various investment schemes!

We need to own land and real estate, but too many of these "investment" and bit-coin seminars will only CONFUSE and DISTRACT our people.

Our people need to get comfortable WORKING again!
They should be encouraged to actually USE THEIR HANDS to get outside and clean up their communities and REBUILD them!
Learn how to practice medicine and learn first aid to treat and help eachother during this Pandemic.

Too much "investment" talk makes them lazy.
It takes their focus away from actually wanting to work and instead has them dreaming about how they can avoid work and get rich by shuffling money around!

13 hours ago, Troy said:

Humm let me think ... all of them! The quality is pretty shitty here when you don't have it.

That statement doesn’t address the comment and very few people don’t have access to health care in America.  Also there are no countries where you have completely free access to treatment and medicine.

Troy

Daniel said:

"very few people don’t have access to health care in America.  Also there are no countries where you have completely free access to treatment and medicine."

See!

I'm not the ONLY one who uses "extremes" to make their argument.....lol.
I'd say it's a pretty decent tactic.

Daniel

Lol.....
You call the Republican Party the "party of Lincoln" yet accuse others of poetic truth?

I simply pointed out that nature of your statement.  I didn't dismiss or even question the truth of it.

The fact is, the ACCESS to healthcare isn't the biggest problem with the healthcare system in the UnitedStates.  It's a major problem, but not the biggest.
The biggest problem is the QUALITY of healthcare.

For the most part they aren't actually CURING these diseases, they are merely "treating" the symptoms.

It's not a healthcare system.
It's a money making system that makes you feel better in your sickness so you keep coming back for more treatment while they keep getting paid.

Instead of focusing on a CURE for Covid 19 that actually kills the virus itself......
Like the flu, they focus on coming up with various vaccines to mandate you taking year after year for the various strains of it they plan to keep circulating through the population.

As well as various other asprin, tylenol, cold and flu medicines they make BILLIONS from selling to the public to help manage the symptoms.

It is my understanding that in Cuba they actually CURE diseases.
Instead of just treating the symptoms, they actually get rid of them!
So that you aren't bothered by them again and can focus on other things in your life.

4 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

You call the Republican Party the "party of Lincoln" yet accuse others of poetic truth?

Did you read or listen to Shame? When I use the term poetic it has a specific meaning. The party of Lincoln is just as factual for the Republicans as the party of the Klan is for the Democrats. It doesn’t describe their current characteristics or quality of the parties.

28 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

It's a money making system that makes you feel better in your sickness so you keep coming back for more treatment while they keep getting paid.

Instead of focusing on a CURE for Covid 19 that actually kills the virus itself......
Like the flu, they focus on coming up with various vaccines to mandate you taking year after year for the various strains of it they plan to keep circulating through the population.

As well as various other asprin, tylenol, cold and flu medicines they make BILLIONS from selling to the public to help manage the symptoms.

This is the most accurate description you have made in response to me yet. I agree. Which is why I was dead set against the individual mandate and mandatory vaccinations.

Daniel

Yes but I'm inclined to believe that you are against mandatory v*ccines because most Republicans are against it.
Anti-v*ccination is just one issue that's part of your Party's platform.

......not because it's been a tool used by racists.
And not because of the historical evidence that v*ccinations have been a primary agent used to carry out racist attacks against our people.

Daniel

Ok, so it's about the right of the individual to choose....which I also agree with btw.

But my point is, regardless as to what your specific reasons ARE....I know what they ARE NOT.

They aren't because of racism and the history of racist medical practices and experimentations.

8 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

That statement doesn’t address the comment and very few people don’t have access to health care in America

In Danielle's world very few people = 30 million people. No wonder 250K deaths don't bother you. Also a "few" Americans coverage isn't very good, high copays and deductibles, just for catastrophes.

I do not understand why some Blacks ascribe near mythical powers and cunning to White people. They are not that smart. They suffer from limitations, too.

There have been some instances of armies and others deliberating infecting other peoples with diseases. But I do not believe it is such a widespread practice now.

We have millions of individuals in this country who don’t care if they infect others with Covid-19. We’ve had notable cases of men and women who know they are HIV positive engaging in unprotected sex with others.

Some people are just jerks. But I will never believe that White people are blessed with special abilities or intelligence. Many are just cruel and brutal which is why they always remained on top at a time when it was near impossible for their victims to effectively mount a widespread defense.

Troy

In Danielle's world very few people = 30 million people. No wonder 250K deaths don't bother you. 

I got news for you.......
Something tells me 30 MILLION deaths wouldn't keep him up at night either, lol.

Stefan

They are not that smart. 

If they aren't that smart......
But were able to conquer and colonize over 75% of the rest of humanity of color and MAINTAIN that control over centuries...then what does that say about US?

But I will never believe that White people are blessed with special abilities or intelligence.

That's ok, you don't have to.....lol.

Similar to Voodoo....you don't have to "believe" White Supremacy exists for it to harm you.

Voodoo Ceremony

"Try me if you WANT to......"

Many are just cruel and brutal which is why they always remained on top 

Go to the hardest toughest neighborhoods in America and you'll find a lot of BRUTAL violent thuggish people so cold blooded they'll shoot you just for saying hello.
Have killed and injured dozens of people.
But when the police come, if they don't run away, most of the time they end up shot up or locked up, but not "on top" of anything with all of their brutality.

So it seems to me there are more qualifications for a group of people ruling and dominating others than simply being ruthless and brutally violent.

13 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

I got news for you.......
Something tells me 30 MILLION deaths wouldn't keep him up at night either, lol.

Not if we are talking about a total population of 330 million. There are over 20 million people who are in this country illegally and should be deported.

B9FA43AD-DC1C-4ECC-B6EE-B3E6552CC164.thumb.png.5ff2c1f4094d94343a163594e44a86cb.png 
only 12,000 people died strictly from Covid-19. When you look at the numbers you see the game people are playing with people’s emotions. 

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

Not if we are talking about a total population of 330 million. There are over 20 million people who are in this country illegally and should be deported.

Oh no SIR......you don't have to convince me!

I KNOW you ain't playing.

Lol, you're saying exactly how you feel.