How can Blacks advance economically under Harris Biden?

Daniel

Jesus is God. There’s no two masters. 

Really?

Seems to me you don't know your own religion because according to Colossians 3:1....

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

If....according to the Bible...he's sitting at the right hand OF God then he can't BE God.

All references to fake gods are lowercase. 

Oh......

You said:

They were laying hands on him to pray for him.  If you had any experience with the church you would know how wrong you are. The sign the woman held was thanking god for sending Trump. 

So.....exactly what "fake god" were YOU referring to?

Daniel

Anyone that isn’t Jesus.

The lady's sign said thank JESUS

image.jpeg.903c6f1f8a34c83ab83c39539052cbc4.jpeg

And you said she was thanking "god" for Trump, essentially calling Jesus "god" with a lower case "g".

If ALL references to fake gods are lowercase as you said, then you are essentially calling Jesus a "fake god" by using the lower case "g" in reference to him.

Man, see how CONFUSED the White Supremacists (or somebody.....lol) has you?

It’s interesting how you have no answers in how to survive the tax hikes.

You should be more focused on how to survive the coming societal COLLAPSE, instead of focusing on some damn "taxes".

Your White Supremacist buddies are planning on launching an attack in the very near future.
That's what THEY are focused on, while you're focused on DISTRACTIONS put out by the media  keep you focused on what doesn't matter.

What good are tax codes to a slave?
Because THAT is the position YOU'LL be in in the very near future if your White Supremacists buddies have their way!

image.jpeg.686520985af3c2c14890f86899356f8a.jpeg

"I  wuz sellin'  chilluns
books n' everythang!
Dem white folks slapped
da' books out my hand, put
a shovel in it, and said
GIT YO ASS WORK!"

@Pioneer1 you are adding significance to something in your mind but is inconsequential to me. It shows a lack of understanding what is significant.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Your White Supremacist buddies are planning on launching an attack in the very near future.
That's what THEY are focused on, while you're focused on DISTRACTIONS put out by the media  keep you focused on what doesn't matter.

White supremacy supporters are the least of my concerns.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

"I  wuz sellin'  chilluns
books n' everythang

For a person on a book club site that statement is pretty disrespectful.

Daniel

Sounds like low SELF-esteem to me, lol.

It shows a lack of understanding what is significant.

Actually it shows that unlike YOU (lol) I have a pretty GOOD understanding of mathematics and logic.  You see, if according to you (red writing):

The sign said Thank You Lord Jesus For Trump. 

The object of her thanks = Jesus (A)

The sign the woman held was thanking god for sending Trump

The object of her thanks = god (B )

Then A = B

With me so far?

Now, if:

All references to fake gods are lowercase.

god = fake god (C)

And we already established that  (B) god = object of her thanks

Then C = B which also equals A!

But I know math isn't your strong point, so perhaps I should just drop the whole thing....lol.

For a person on a book club site that statement is pretty disrespectful.

Lol....
And for a person who claims to be Black, your support of a racist Republican is even MORE disrespectful.

Man Digging With The Spade And Wipes The #68728 - PNG Images - PNGio

"You know what!
Messin' round out here.....
I just thought of anutha'  GOOD book to write!"

((White Supremacist: Shut up boy, and hurry up out there....it's gettin' dark!!))

On 10/21/2020 at 2:21 AM, Stefan said:

This outrage over paying taxes amuses me

lol Me, too. Money, money, money, eh? I can think of OVER 50 reasons not to vote for the orange wannabe dictator in the white house (courtesy of The Simpsons ...lol)

Made it okay to shoot hibernating bears

Put children in cages

Called Mexicans rapists

Imitated a disabled reporter

Looks lousy in tennis outfit

Called 3rd World countries ****holes

Called Tim Cook "Tim Apple"

Can't get wife to hold his hand

Said Jewish people who vote Democrat are disloyal

Showed top secret documents at Mar-A-Lago restaurant

Called white supremacists "fine people"

Leaked classified information to Russian Ambassador

Asked the President of Ukraine to investigate the Bidens

Called for China to investigate the Bidens

Talked about grabbing p*******

Walked into the dressing room at the Miss Teen USA Pageant

Pressed the Australian Prime Minister to help Barr investigate Mueller

Lied about the size of his inauguration

Refused to release taxes

Gutted the Environmental Protection Agency

Confiscated and destroyed interpreter's notes after meeting with Putin

Tweeted classified photo of Iran Missile site

Called Baltimore "disgusting, rat and rodent-infested mess"

Described Meryl Streep as "over-rated"

Leaked information to the press about the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing

Did not attend any White House Correspondents dinner

Said Megan Reilly had "blood coming out of her wherever"

Called Carly Fiorina "Horseface"

Ruined impeachment

Brought Ivanka to the G-7 Summit

Served McDonald's to Clemson Football team

Corrupted Congress

Appointed and didn't fire Betsy Devos

Threatened Marie Yovanavitch

Destroyed Democracy

Lost Hong Kong

Pulled the U.S. out of the climate agreement

Allowed bounties on U.S. soldiers

Invaded Portland

Commuted sentences

Withdrew from the W.H.O.

Destroyed the Post Office

Person, woman, man, camera, TV

Said to swallow bleach

Paid $750 in Federal Taxes

Wants 3rd term

Wanted to be on Mt. Rushmore

And we haven't even said the worst one....

(What is it - Called Omarosa a "dog"? Said he'd date his daughter, Ivanka? What!!?)

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Sounds like low SELF-esteem to me, lol.

Incorrect I am more likely to be attacked by a Hispanic or a Black than White Supremacy Supporters. It’s called proper threat assessment and recognition of attempts at emotional manipulation which you have incorporated into your discussion style.

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But I know math isn't your strong point, so perhaps I should just drop the whole thing....lol.

Dodge of the main question of how would Blacks survive the economic pressure which is going to be applied if a Biden/Harris administration should succeed.

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Lol....
And for a person who claims to be Black, your support of a racist Republican is even MORE disrespectful.

Racism isn’t a factor when all Americans have been infected by it. Another attempt at misdirection.

And another example of not recognizing context. 

To end your attempt obfuscation, I capitalized the G in early post. Rejoice @Pioneer1 you have saved the world by changing a lowercase g to uppercase. 

2 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

e, too. Money, money, money, eh? I can think of OVER 50 reasons not to vote for the orange wannabe dictator in the white house (courtesy of The Simpsons ...lol)

I Voted for Trump because most of your reasons were false statements. 

1. First Step Act.

2. Building the Wall.

3. Operation Warp Speed.

4. Peace in the Middle East.

5. Return of hostages from China, North Korea, Turkey and Africa 

6. Joint law enforcement actions in Suffolk County.

7. Making NATO take more responsibility for its defense 

8. Energy Independence 

Those are facts and gains which the Biden/Harris ticket threatens.

@Stefan do you pay income taxes or are you exempt because of low income?

13 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

I Voted for Trump because most of your reasons were false statements. 

1. First Step Act.

2. Building the Wall.

3. Operation Warp Speed.

4. Peace in the Middle East.

5. Return of hostages from China, North Korea, Turkey and Africa 

6. Joint law enforcement actions in Suffolk County.

7. Making NATO take more responsibility for its defense 

8. Energy Independence 

Those are facts and gains which the Biden/Harris ticket threatens.

@Stefan do you pay income taxes or are you exempt because of low income?

Anyone who states the bullet points in my list are not facts (and easily checked) is a liar and the truth ain't in 'em.

Oh, another:

15 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

Bff with the pedophile, Jeffrey Epstein... not to mention publicly wishes accused pedophile Ghislaine Maxwell. "well"... who was later convicted.

Despite the sad little Republican's goose-step objections, that foul wannabe dictator has dishonored the presidency and threatened the very fabric of our nation ways too numerous to be recalled.

7 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

Anyone who states the bullet points in my list are not facts (and easily checked) is a liar and the truth ain't in 'em.

I watched the President’s address regarding Charlottesville and what you put down was not what he said and was an incomplete statement. He also never said drink bleach I watched that press conference contemporaneously. Here are 200 plus things President Trump has done:

1. President Trump has appropriated more money than any other president to HBCU’s.
2. Trump has launched 8,762 opportunity zones which are all aimed at attracting business and investment to low income majority African American communities.
3. The president signed legislation to increase federal funding for HBCUS by 13%, the highest level ever.
4. Donald Trump signed the First Step Act which included significant reforms that has helped injustices against African Americans. Over 90% of those benefitting from the retroactive sentencing reductions in the First Step Act are Black Americans. The First Step Act provides rehabilitative programs to inmates, helping them successfully rejoin society and not return to crime. The act so far has released over 3,100 inmates.
5. The national unemployment African American unemployment rate dropped to 5.4%, an all-time low. Note that prior to President Trumps administration the African American unemployment rate never dropped below 7%.
6. President Trump signed the Preventing Maternal Deaths Act that provides funding for states to develop maternal mortality reviews to better understand maternal complications and identify solutions & largely focuses on reducing the higher mortality rates for Black Americans.
7. President Trump has signed the FUTURE Act into law. The law permanently funds HBCU’s, Tribal Colleges and Universities, Minority Serving Institutions, and Hispanic Serving Colleges ($25 million per year). It also increases funding for STEM programs at aforementioned schools. The law eases burdens on low-income, first generation college students by simplifying the process for applying for student financial aid as well.
8. In 2018 (Latest data available) the African American poverty rate was at the lowest it has ever been since it started being record in 1960. (20.8%)
9. Trump made HBCUs a priority by creating the position of executive director of the White House Initiative on HBCUs.
10. Trump upgraded MLK’s birthplace to a national historic park.
11. In 2018, the imprisonment rate of African American residents was the lowest since 1989.
12. In 2019, the latest data available, the African-American poverty rate was the lowest ever on record, since the official count began in the 1960s.
13. Trump signed legislation forgiving Hurricane Katrina debt that threatened HBCUs.
14. Trump received the Bipartisan Justice Award at Benedict College (HBCU), awarded by the Bipartisan Justice Center, a non-profit organization founded by 20 black republicans, and 20 black democrats. The award is the highest honor given annually to a public servant who demonstrated the ability to work across the aisle to achieve meaningful progress in reforming our criminal justice system. (October 25, 2019)
15. On July 9th, 2020, President Trump enacted an executive order on the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative to improve access to education, training, and economic opportunities for Hispanic American students.
16. More than 2.9 million jobs for Latino Americans have been created since Trump was elected.
17. In 2017, the median Latino American income hit its highest ever recorded level ($50,486).
18. Hispanic American unemployment hit record low of 3.9%.
19. Poverty rates for Hispanic Americans hit new lows in 2018.
20. Since Trump took office the Latino American homeownership rate rose by more than a percentage point. (46.3% to 47.4%).
21. The median Latino American income rose by $1,786 during President Trumps first year in office.
22. Trump continuously nominated LGBT people into government, appointing 5 openly gay ambassadors.
23. The Trump administration launched a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it’s still illegal to be gay.
24. Trump pledged to end HIV for the LGBT and general communities and kept his word. He has secured an absolutely historic donation of free HIV medication for over 200,000 people.
25. President Trump’s proposed fiscal 2021 budget calls for $716 million in funding for his initiative to eliminate new HIV infections.
26. President Trump made history this week by appointing Richard Grenell to serve as acting director of national intelligence. The new job, a cabinet-level position, makes Grenell the highest serving openly gay man to hold federal office in United States history. Grenell led the United Nations in condemning 69 countries that still outlaw homosexuality.
27. Trump was the first Republican president to promote LGBT Pride Month.
28. Trump is the first president in history to support gay marriage at the time of his election.
29. In the 1980s & 1990s Trump donated heavily to charities that focused on the AIDS outbreak.
30. Trump signed 3 bills to benefit Native people. One gives compensation to the Spokane tribe for loss of their lands in the mid-1900s, one funds Native language programs, and the third gives federal recognition to the Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians in Montana.
31. Trump signed an Executive Order establishing the Task Force on Missing and Murdered American Indians and Alaska Natives. This task force will conduct consultations with tribal governments on issues regarding missing and murdered American Indians and Alaska Natives.
32. Unemployment rate for Asian Americans hit a record low of 2.5% (September 2019).
33. Signed an executive order that allows the government to withhold money from college campuses deemed to be anti-Semitic and who fail to combat anti-Semitism.
34. Trump signed ‘Never Again’ Holocaust education bill which allocates $10 million to expand Holocaust awareness and create website with curriculum materials for teachers nationwide.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR WOMEN

35. The Women’s unemployment rate reached its lowest rate in 65 years under President Trump. (3.4%, April 2019)
36. In 2019, 1.5 million jobs were added for women. This accounts for 50% of total job gains for the first time ever.
37. President Trump directed more than $200 million per year to technology education grants for women and programs that encourage participation in STEM careers.
38. President Trump signed the INSPIRE Act which encourages NASA to have more women and girls participate in STEM and pursue careers in aerospace.
39. During the Presidents first year in office, the number of American women in poverty fell by nearly 600,000. In two years of Donald Trump’s presidency the number of American women in poverty fell by 1.5 million.
40. President Trump signed the Friendly Airports for Mothers Act, a bipartisan congressional bill in 2017. Trump included this act in the five-year reauthorization of the Federal Aviation Administration. This act required all major airports in the U.S. to have nursing rooms for breastfeeding mothers.
41. Trump signed the Fairness for Breastfeeding Mothers Act in 2019. This bill requires that certain public buildings with public bathrooms provide a separate, hygienic lactation room. This room must be shielded from public view, free from intrusion, and contain the following: A chair, a working surface, and if the building has electricity, an electrical outlet.
42. President Trump gave a posthumous pardon for Susan B. Anthony. Susan was a leader of the women’s suffrage movement and was charged with illegally voting.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR FAMILIES

43. Trump provided tax relief for 65% of Americans.
44. Real household wealth increased by nearly $12 trillion since the start of 2017.
45. In 2017, real median household income rose to a post-recession high.
46. Doubling the Child Tax Credit has saved nearly 40 million families an average of $2,200. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed into law by Trump doubled the maximum amount of the child tax credit available to parents and lifted the income limits so more people could claim it.
47. Since the election, 5 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps.
48. Prior to the pandemic, the net wealth held by the bottom half of households had grown by 47%- more than three times the rate of increase for the top 1% of households.
49. Trump signed into law up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for millions of federal workers.
50. New single-family home sales are up 31.6% in October 2019 compared to just one year ago.
51. The Trump administration removed the individual mandate from Obamacare. Millions of Americans will have the opportunity to escape having to pay the ObamaCare penalty imposed on those who are not enrolled in a “qualifying” health insurance plan. The mandate disproportionately hurt the middle class and was a tax on the poor.
52. The tax cuts signed into law by President Trump promote school choice by allowing families to use 529 college savings plans for elementary and secondary education.
53. Mr. Trump signed an executive order that called for the vigorous enforcement of federal laws protecting religious freedom.
54. Youth unemployment is at a 50-year low.
55. On February 26, 2020, the Trump administration announced new Title IX enforcement to combat sexual assault in K-12 schools, fulfilling the presidents promise to keep children safe.
56. In 2017 President Trump signed the Elder Abuse Prevention and Prosecution Act. The bill expands prohibited telemarketing fraud to include email marketing fraud. It requires HHS to publish data on elder abuse to cases referred to protective services. It requires the Executive Office for United States Attorneys to operate a resource group assisting prosecutors involved in elder abuse cases. Finally, it requires the DOJ to provide information, training, and technical assistance to help states and local governments investigate, prosecute, prevent, and mitigate the impact of elder abuse, exploitation, and neglect.

VETERAN ACCOMPLISHMENTS

57. President Trump securing the largest pay raise for the military in nearly a decade. For the first time since 2010, troops will saw a pay raise of more than 3.0 percent.
58. Trump has got the remains of POW/MIA service members from the Korean War to be returned to the United States because of his peace towards Korea/North Korea.
59. President Trump secured a record $73.1 billion in funding for the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) to provide quality medical care for our veterans.
60. In 2019, President Trump signed a memorandum that eliminates 100% of student loan debt for permanently disabled veterans.
61. The administration has secured a record $8.6 billion in funding for mental health services with the goal of ending the tragedy of veteran suicide.
62. Trump launched REACH, a $53 million, 2-year, government campaign to reduce suicide, particularly among veterans.
63. In 2019 the veteran unemployment rate was 3.1%, lowest in 19 years.
64. As a part of Trumps VA reform, Trump created a 24/7 hotline for veterans. The hotline is 90% staffed by veterans and people with close veteran family members.
65. President Trump on March 5, 2019, signed the PREVENTS executive order, “Presidents Roadmap to Empower Veterans and End a National Tragedy of Suicide”, establishing a three year effort to change the culture around mental health and prevent suicide-among not just veterans but all Americans.
66. The Trump Administration provided $15 million in funding opportunities to socially disadvantaged veteran farmers and ranchers in an effort to help them successfully own and operate farms.
67. Issued an executive order requiring the Secretaries of Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs to submit a joint plan to provide veterans access to access to mental health treatment as they transition to civilian life.
68. Trump signed a bill that eliminated the The Veterans Choice Program's expiration date and twice signed legislation (in August and December) that authorized funding to keep the program afloat.
69. Trump signed the VA MISSION Act of 2018, a program that expands the criteria for those who seek care outside of the VA health care system.

THE ECONOMY

70. Real GDP growth under President Trump has beaten the Congressional Budget Office’s (CBO) projections every year and exceeded the rate of the Obama administrations expansion.
71. Nearly 2.5 million Americans have been lifted out of poverty including nearly 1.4 million children.
72. Consumer Confidence under President Trump reached an 18 year high.
73. Small business optimism jumped to a record high under President Trump, according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent Business. (NFIB).
74. More than 6 million workers received tax cut bonuses and benefits.
75. Over 100 utility companies have lowered electric, gas, or water rates thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
76. 89% of companies planned to increase worker compensation thanks to Trump tax cuts.
77. President Trump helped win the U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles. This will lead to more tourism and economic activity in the U.S.
78. President Trump helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for the 2026 World Cup. This will cause increased tourism and economic activity in the U.S.
79. The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit record highs over 100 times under President Trump.
80. The 25% lowest paid Americans enjoyed a 4.5% income boost in November 2019, that outpaces a 2.9% gain in earnings for the country’s highest paid workers.
81. Before the pandemic, the poverty rate fell to a 17 year low of 11.8% under the Trump Administration as a result of a jobs-rich economy.
82. Trumps tax cuts resulted in $415 billion dollars in tax relief for small business owners.
83. Trump cut the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%.
84. Under President Trump new home sales jumped to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 901,000 units, the highest level since December 2006.
85. Under President Trump, job satisfaction among American workers hit its highest level since 2005 (51%).
86. Under President Trump, 68% of blue-collar workers received pay increases in a nationwide study.
87. Manufacturers’ optimism reached an all-time high of 95.1%. Other highlights of the survey include medium-sized manufacturers having the highest optimism ever recorded in the 20 year history of the survey (95.8%), projected wage growth registered in at its fastest pace in 17 years, and projected sales growth kept pace at its second-highest reading in survey history.

JOB CREATION AND EMPLOYMENT

88. On August 6, 2020, President Trump signed an Executive Order “ Ensuring that Essential Medical Supplies are Produced in the United States” This executive order is increasing the American production of essential medical supplies and is cutting down the United States reliance on foreign producers of medicines. This order will support American jobs by accelerating the domestic manufacturing of essential medicines, medical countermeasures, as well as their critical inputs, and ensuring long-term demand for those products. By relocating medical supply chains back to the United States, President Trump is ending foreign reliance, and making sure that the U.S. has the resources necessary to respond to public health emergencies and security threats.
89. President Trump created the National Council for the American Worker as well as the American Workforce Policy Advisory Board. The Council was made with the purpose of developing a national strategy for training and retraining the workers needed across high demand industries.
90. 5 million more jobs have been added than the CBO projected prior to the 2016 election.
91. The economy added more jobs in 2019 alone than the CBO projected would be created during the Presidents first three years in office.
92. The unemployment rate is 1.4 percentage points lower than the CBO’s pre-election projection. (January 2020)
93. Initial weekly jobless claims had hit a nearly 50-year low under President Trump.
94. Under President Trump, job openings outnumbered the unemployed for the first time on record.
95. U.S. employers posted the most open jobs in December in the nearly two decades that records have been kept, a record high of 7.3 million.
96. December 2019 marked the 22nd consecutive month that the unemployment rate has been at or below 4%.
97. Manufacturing added 284,000 jobs in 2018, the most added in a year since 1997.
98. Unemployment rates for Americans without a high school degree and disabled Americans have logged record lows.
99. President Trump on August 3rd, 2020 signed an Executive Order “Ensuring that Americans Are Not Displaced by Foreign Workers Using Federal Dollars”. Trumps executive order is creating a policy where federal agencies will focus on United States labor in Federal contracts. The executive order is requiring all Federal agencies to complete an internal audit and assess whether they are in compliance with the requirement that only United States citizens and nationals are appointed to the competitive service. The Department of Labor will also finalize guidance to prevent H-1B employers from moving H-1B workers to other employer’s job sites to displace American workers.
100. President Trump gave nearly $4 million to supporting the small businesses that suffered in the Kenosha riots.
101. Under President Trump, summer youth unemployment reached its lowest rate since 1966.
102. President Trump signed an executive order expanding apprenticeship opportunities for students and workers.
103. Trump’s DOJ and the Board Of Prisons launched a new “Ready to Work Initiative” to help connect employers directly with former prisoners.
104. Manufacturing jobs are growing at the fastest rate in more than 30 years.
105. Record number of regulations eliminated that hurt small businesses.
106. Signed welfare reform requiring able-bodied adults who don’t have children to work or look for work if they’re on welfare.

TRADE

107. President Trump reached a new trade agreement with Japan. As a result, Japan will eliminate or reduce tariffs on approximately $7.2 billion in U.S. Agricultural exports.
108. Restrictions have been eliminated on American pork exports to Argentina (First time in 26 years, could create a $10 million per year market.), Idaho chipping potatoes to Japan( In 2016 the U.S. exported $19 million fresh chipping potatoes to Japan), and American Poultry to South Korea.
109. Trump signed a revised version of the United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement.
110. Donald Trump created the USMCA (US-Mexico-Canada Agreement) and signed It with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, which created 176,000 total new jobs, 76,000 new automotive jobs, and potential for nearly 600,000 new jobs and $235 billion in economic activity.
111. Under Trump’s USMCA American dairy exports are expected to grow annually by 315 million.
112. Under Trump’s USMCA American agricultural exports are expected to increase by 2.2 billion.
113. Donald Trump’s USMCA is the first ever US trade agreement to include a chapter supporting small and medium sized businesses.
114. Secured $250 billion in new trade and investment deals in China and $12 billion in Vietnam. China agreed to increase agricultural purchases by $12.5 billion in 2020 and $19.5 billion in 2021.
115. The Trump administration announced a total of $28 billion in aid for farmers in 2018 and 2019.
116. The Trump Administration has protected farmers from unfair trade practices by authorizing $12 billion in aid to the American agricultural heartland under The Commodity Credit Corporation Charter Act.
117. Companies have brought back over a TRILLION dollars from overseas because of the TCJA bill that Trump signed.
118. Under Trump, the U.S. goods trade deficit with China tumbled to a five-year low.

ENERGY INDEPENDENCE

119. American coal exports increased by more than 60% in 2017.
120. In 2017, the USA became a natural gas exporter for the first time in 60 years.
121. The Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines were approved, supporting an estimated total of 42,000 jobs and $2 billion in wages.
122. Under Trumps leadership, in 2018 the U.S. surpassed Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of crude oil.
123. President Trump announced the extension of export authorizations for liquefied natural gas (LNG) through 2050. Just this year LNG exports will reduce our trade deficit by over $10 billion. LNG exports also bring tens of thousands of jobs to the U.S. It also has led to the investment of billions of dollars in infrastructure.
124. LNG exports have more than quadrupled under the Trump Administration.
125. Made a deal with the European Union to increase U.S. energy exports to Europe.
126. U.S. oil production recently reached an all-time high. We’re less dependent on oil from the Middle East than ever.

HEALTHCARE + PUBLIC HEALTH

127. President Trump signed “Right to Try” legislation to expand access to experimental treatments for terminally ill patients.
128. In 2017, the President issued an executive order to promote free speech and religious liberty. This helped faith-based groups give healthcare coverage to 13.7 million Americans.
129. The administration launched FindTreatment.gov a public resource to help combat substance abuse.
130. Trump administration will provide H.I.V. prevention drugs for free to 200,000 uninsured patients per year for 11 years.
131. On July 24, 2020, President Trump signed orders to lower drug costs. Order 1: Require federal community health centers to pass discounts they receive on insulin and EpiPen’s directly to patients. Order 2: Allow states, pharmacies, and wholesalers to import drugs from Canada where they typically cost less than in the U.S. Order 3: Prevent pharmacy benefit managers from pocketing massive discounts.
132. Trump signed an executive order this year that forces all health care providers to disclose the cost of their services so that Americans can comparison shop and know how much fewer providers charge insurance companies.
133. Trump signed the Patient Right to Know Drug Prices Act in 2018. This act makes pharmacist gag orders illegal and allows pharmacies to tell you how to save money on prescriptions. The act also allows enrollees to know of any difference between the out-of-pocket cost of a drug under the plan, and the cost of the drug without health insurance coverage.
134. Life expectancy, the most basic measure of the health of a society, slightly rose in 2018, after a rare and troubling decline driven by the opioid epidemic. Under Trump the average life expectancy rose from 78.6 years in 2017 to 78.7 years in 2018. This is the first time in four years that life expectancy has changed in the U.S.
135. President Trump signed the Executive Order on Advancing American Kidney Health. This executive order gave a proposed payment model to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI), which was then released by the CMMI within 30 days of the order. The payment model included a required payment model and four optional payment models to adjust payment incentives to encourage preventative kidney care, home dialysis, and kidney transplants. The order also includes that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) will start a Kidney Risk Awareness Campaign. It also included is that the secretary of the HHS will propose a regulation that would remove the financial barriers of living organ donation. The secretary proposed to amend regulations on the National Organ Transplant Act of 1984 to also expand the scope of reimbursable expenses incurred by living organ donors.
136. Trump signed an executive order on August 3, 2020, “Improving Rural Health and Telehealth Access” This order will make permanent Telehealth Medicare payments for certain health care providers and services to ensure expansion of virtual care continues after the pandemic. The order also directs the Departments of Agriculture and Health and Human services and the Federal Communications Commission to form a task force to focus on improving broadband infrastructure in rural communities to support Telehealth.
137. Trump signed the Supporting and Treating Officers in Crisis act in 2019. This bill expands and revises DOJ grants to provide family support services to law enforcement personnel. It provides grants for additional support such as suicide prevention and mental health programs.
138. Reformed Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs.
139. In 2019 President Trump signed into law two funding packages providing nearly $19 million in new funding for Lupus specific research and education programs, as well an additional $41.7 billion in funding for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the most Lupus funding EVER.
140. On June 18, 2020, The Trump administration awarded $107.2 million to increase the health workforce in underserved communities to improve the quality, distribution, and diversity of health professionals in the United States.

WHOOPS, THERE'S WAY MORE THAN 140. LET'S KEEP GOING

141. By June 4, 2020, the Trump administration distributed more than 5 million food boxes in an effort to support American farmers and families who have been affected by the coronavirus.
142. On June 17, 2020, the Trump administration extended contracts from the first round of the Farmers to Families Food Box Program to help fill the hunger gap in communities across the country.
143. On June 10, 2020, the Trump administration announced a nationwide extension allowing local partners who served free meals to kids during the health crisis to continue this summer, regardless of where the kids live.
144. President Trump used the Defense Protection Act to produce 20 million more coronavirus testing swabs every month. Trump also used the DPA to ramp up production of ventilators, masks, and other critically needed supplies.
145. As a result of the pandemic, Trump signed executive orders on August 8, 2020, that implemented a $400-per-week supplemental unemployment payment to out-of-work Americans. He also unveiled an extension of student loan relief and protections from evictions for renters and homeowners. Trump also signed a payroll tax holiday to Americans earning less than $100,000 through the end of the year.
146. Trump administration’s responded to Covid-19 with Operation Warp Speed, the effort to move a vaccine to market. At Operation Warp Speed’s brisk pace, a vaccine may be ready for some groups this year and become more widespread in 2021.
147. Trump signed the CARES Act. It alleviated hardship, letting laid-off workers continue to pay rent and put food on the table.
148. President Donald Trump imposed the China travel ban before the first coronavirus case spread within the U.S.
149. President Trump launched an initiative to stop Opioid Abuse and Reduce Drug Supply and Demand, introducing new measures to confront the driving forces behind this crisis.
150. The President signed the landmark SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act, the largest and most comprehensive legislative package addressing a single drug crisis in history. The act requires and encourages teaching about addiction medicine.
151. The president helped secure a record $6 billion in funding to fight the Opioid epidemic.
152. Trump has reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during his first year in office.
153. Trump implemented a Safer Prescribing Plan that will cut opioid prescription fills by one-third within three years.
154. In 2018, drug overdose deaths fell for the first time in 28 years, a sign of progress in the fight against the opioid epidemic. 2018 overdose deaths fell 4.1% compared to 2017.
155. The Department of Veterans Affairs has reduced prescription opioid use in patients within the VA healthcare system by 64%.

HUMAN TRAFFICKING AID

156. President Trump signed the Frederick Douglass Trafficking Victims Prevention and Protection Reauthorization Act, authorizing $430 million to fight sex and labor trafficking. He also signed the Abolish Human Trafficking Act, which strengthens programs supporting survivors and resources for combating modern slavery.
157. In February 2017, the President signed Executive Order 13773, “Enforcing Federal Law with Respect to Transnational Criminal Organizations and Preventing International Trafficking”, which directed the United States government to identify, interdict, disrupt, and dismantle the transnational criminal organizations that engage in human trafficking.
158. President Trump is giving $35 million in Justice Department grants to aid human trafficking survivors. The grants will be shared by 73 organizations among 33 states to provide anywhere from 6 to 24 months of transitional or short-term housing assistance to survivors, including to pay rent, utilities, or related expenses, such as a security deposit.
159. As of August 19, 2020, the southern border wall has almost hit the 300-mile mark. The wall helped decrease human trafficking across the border. Areas on the southern border with a wall have seen a decrease in illegal alien crossings.
160. President Trump signed an Executive Order on Combating Human Trafficking and Online Child Exploitation in the United States. This order requires the Domestic Policy Council to commit one employee position to work on issues related to combating human trafficking occurring, into, from, and within the United States and to coordinate personnel in other components in the Executive Office of the President, including the Office of Economic Initiatives and the National Security Council, on such efforts. The order also requires the Secretary of State to make available, an online list of the Federal Governments resources to combat human trafficking. This includes resources to identify and report instances of human trafficking, to protect and support victims of trafficking, and to provide public outreach and training. The order also requires the Secretary of State, Attorney General, Secretary of Labor, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, and the Secretary of Homeland Security to improve methodologies of estimating the prevalence of human trafficking, and monitoring the impact of anti-trafficking efforts.

THE ENVIRONMENT

161. President Trump signed the Save Our Seas Act in 2018. This act grants $10 million from 2018–2022 for the NOAA and other agencies to reduce debris in oceans and coastal areas. This act also authorizes $2 million annually for the USCG to enforce laws related to discarded refuse from ships. It requires the NOAA to respond to severe marine debris events. This act expresses support for the Great Lakes Land-Based Marine Debris Action Plan as well.
162. Trump signed the Great American Outdoors Act, which would provide $900 million annually in oil and gas revenues for the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), which helps secure land for trails and parks.
163. President Trump signed legislation designating 1.3 million new acres of wilderness- the largest public lands legislation in a decade.
164. In 2019, the third year of the Trump presidency, the U.S. reduced its greenhouse gas emissions by 2.1%.
165. Emissions from electric power generation dropped by a massive 10% in 2019. That’s because of the switch from coal to natural gas and renewables in the electric power sector.
166. The President proposed the Affordable Clean Energy Rule to reduce greenhouse gasses, empower states, promote energy independence, and facilitate economic growth and job creation.
167. The Trump administration created a Superfund task force designed to streamline the Superfund cleanup program.
168. Under the Trump Administration, EPA has deleted 82 sites from the NPL in four years equaling the number of deletions between 2008–2016. The attention and focus the Trump Administration has put on the Superfund program is making a real difference in the lives of people living in communities near Superfund sites across the country.

FOREIGN POLICY

169. Trump defeated ISIS’ territorial caliphate announced he will be bringing America’s troops in Syria home.
170. Killing Baghdadi was a top national security priority of Trump’s Administration. They were successful and in late 2019 he was killed. Al-Baghdadi, the highest-ranking terrorist to be killed or captured since Osama bin Laden’s death in 2011, headed the terrorist organization ISIS for the past five years. ISIS has become notorious for its brutal killings and beheadings.
171. Donald Trump ordered the killing of Iranian general Soleimani. Qassem Soleimani was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers. The State Department revealed that Iran is responsible for the deaths of more than 600 American service members during the war in Iraq.
172. Israel and Bahrain have decided to reconcile their relationship in a peace deal that was brokered by US President Donald Trump.
173. Donald Trump and his son-in-law Jared Kushner negotiated a historic peace agreement between Israel and the UAE.
174. President Trump followed through on his promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and move the American embassy there.
175. President Trump unveiled the “Peace to Prosperity” peace plan to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
176. President Trump opposed the UN Security Council Resolution 2334 that claimed that Israel’s settlements have no legal validity.
177. President Trump signed into law the Taylor Force Act, which stated that no American governmental funds shall be given to a Palestinian entity that financially rewards terrorists or their families.
178. In March 2019, President Trump signed a proclamation that recognized Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
179. President Trump has successfully advocated for cutting waste at the UN. Changes made to the organization’s structure allowed the UN to cut hundreds of millions of dollars from their budget, while making the organization more efficient.
180. President Trump has taken tough action to combat Russia’s malign activities, including Russia’s efforts to undermine United States elections.
181. President Trump has imposed tough sanctions on the corrupt regimes in Venezuela, Cuba, and Nicaragua.
182. Trump fulfills a key portion of his pledge to “drain the swamp” in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying.
183. The Trump Administration has secured the release of numerous American citizens held abroad, including Pastor Andrew Brunson from Turkey, Josh Holt from Venezuela, and more.
184. Donald Trump announced that he had signed an executive order to keep the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, open. America must “continue to have all necessary power to detain terrorists, wherever we chase them down, wherever we find them.
185. Trump has had over a dozen U.S. hostages freed, including those Obama could not get freed. Mr. Obama amended a longstanding U.S. policy not to negotiate with hostage-takers, making it more flexible. Mr. Trump continued to push the envelope on what could be done to release hostages, earning praise from those who view his efforts as a major foreign policy success.
186. Kosovo gave Trump Order of Freedom for his role in securing deal with Serbia.

MORE GREAT THINGS

187. The President signed legislation that reauthorized the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act, making more than $1 billion available for career education programs.
188. President Trump’s Administration submitted a plan to reorganize the executive branch in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
189. Each quarter since taking office, President Trump has donated his salary, fulfilling a promise he made to the American people.
190. Trump officially established the sixth branch of the US Armed Forces — the Space Force.
191. Trump approved a Major Disaster Declaration to provide more than $43 million in federal funding to Michigan to help recover from the dam break.
192. Trump announced the allocation of $2 million dollars in federal funding for the 9/11 memorial and museum in NYC.
193. Trump signed the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund into law.
194. Trump signed the PACT (Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture) Act in 2019. This bill makes animal abuse a federal felony. This act also increases jail time for animal crushers, as well as subjecting violators to a larger fine.
195. Trump signed an Executive Order “Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructure” on May 11, 2017. This order directed departments and agencies to develop multiple reports to further understanding of cybersecurity risks to the nation and focus on ways to mitigate them. The order also updated policy to enhance defensive capabilities of systems critical to political integrity, economic security, and national security, as well as increased cyber defense budget. The order included the enhancement of the resilience of the internet and communications infrastructure and strengthening of the nation’s cybersecurity workforce.
196. Trump got the DOJ and FBI involved on the Vanessa Guillen case, and has offered to help financially with her funeral.
197. President Trump signed an Executive Order reestablishing an advisory council on science and technology (PCAST).
198. President Trump gave over $42 million to support public safety statewide in Wisconsin and $1 million to Kenosha law enforcement, in the wake of the Kenosha riots.
199. Trump’s U.S.D.A. committed $124 Million to rebuild rural water infrastructure.
200. Trump signed the Music Modernization Act, the biggest change to copyright law in decades.
201. A Gallup poll found the majority of Americans believe they are better off now under the Trump administration than they were four years ago.

7 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

Despite the sad little Republican's goose-step objections, that foul wannabe dictator has dishonored the presidency and threatened the very fabric of our nation ways too numerous to be recalled

You should seriously seek help for your anger issues. You are delusional 🤣😂

Nice list; obviously someone put a lot of effort into creating it. The list leaves quite a few things out @daniellegfny.  

It does not address the president's reaction to the Covid-19 pandemic some estimate over 100,000 lives could have been saved this year if he reacted with sense.

The list mentions unemployment and the economy numerous times, but fails to mention anything specific that 45 has done the resulted in booming economy and lower unemployment. The list completely over looks the fact that your president inherited a strong economy and growing unemployment, all of which has been more that reversed due to our reaction to Covid-19.

32 minutes ago, Troy said:

It does not address the president's reaction to the Covid-19 pandemic some estimate over 100,000 lives could have been saved this year if he reacted with sense.

202 Sent Hospital Ships to the East and West Coast to address COVID 19

203 Supplied New York State with Ventilators 

204 Launched Operation Warp Speed that helped produce more Therapeutics and several vaccine candidates 

205 Activated the War Production Act to produce necessities in dealing with Covid-19 

206 restricted flights from China and Europe.

Unfortunately @Troy you choose not to acknowledge the things which saved millions of lives regarding COVID-19.

33 minutes ago, Troy said:

fails to mention anything specific that 45 has done the resulted in booming economy and lower unemployment

The tax cuts and regulation reductions were the primary actions taken. The energy policy which lead to energy independence was another catalyst. 

35 minutes ago, Troy said:

all of which has been more that reversed due to our reaction to Covid-19.

The economy is on an upswing. The previous gains will be surpassed.

48 minutes ago, Troy said:

So @daniellegfny you do you believe fewer people would have died if Trump had reacted differently to the Covid-19 crisis, which is worsening as we speak?

No his actions saved Millions of lives. I am looking at the lives saved. 

50 minutes ago, Troy said:

You obviously don't believe Trump benefited from Obama's administration and many of the accomplishments listed are Obama's.

It’s not a matter for consideration in this context. I am talking about what Trump did and why he deserves re-election. Obama served his purpose. 

@ the sad little bullsh***er  boiling over with rage from his CULT issues - laughing at you ...lol.

On 10/21/2020 at 2:21 AM, Stefan said:

This outrage over paying taxes amuses me

On 11/2/2020 at 3:35 AM, Guest FAS said:

lol Me, too. Money, money, money, eh? I can think of OVER 50 reasons not to vote for the orange wannabe dictator in the white house (courtesy of The Simpsons ...lol)

Made it okay to shoot hibernating bears

Put children in cages

Called Mexicans rapists

Imitated a disabled reporter

Looks lousy in tennis outfit

Called 3rd World countries ****holes

Called Tim Cook "Tim Apple"

Can't get wife to hold his hand

Said Jewish people who vote Democrat are disloyal

Showed top secret documents at Mar-A-Lago restaurant

Called white supremacists "fine people"

Leaked classified information to Russian Ambassador

Asked the President of Ukraine to investigate the Bidens

Called for China to investigate the Bidens

Talked about grabbing p*******

Walked into the dressing room at the Miss Teen USA Pageant

Pressed the Australian Prime Minister to help Barr investigate Mueller

Lied about the size of his inauguration

Refused to release taxes

Gutted the Environmental Protection Agency

Confiscated and destroyed interpreter's notes after meeting with Putin

Tweeted classified photo of Iran Missile site

Called Baltimore "disgusting, rat and rodent-infested mess"

Described Meryl Streep as "over-rated"

Leaked information to the press about the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing

Did not attend any White House Correspondents dinner

Said Megan Reilly had "blood coming out of her wherever"

Called Carly Fiorina "Horseface"

Ruined impeachment

Brought Ivanka to the G-7 Summit

Served McDonald's to Clemson Football team

Corrupted Congress

Appointed and didn't fire Betsy Devos

Threatened Marie Yovanavitch

Destroyed Democracy

Lost Hong Kong

Pulled the U.S. out of the climate agreement

Allowed bounties on U.S. soldiers

Invaded Portland

Commuted sentences

Withdrew from the W.H.O.

Destroyed the Post Office

Person, woman, man, camera, TV

Said to swallow bleach

Paid $750 in Federal Taxes

Wants 3rd term

Wanted to be on Mt. Rushmore

(What is it - Called Omarosa a "dog"? Said he'd date his daughter, Ivanka? What!!?)

I got your number D. I know why you want to deflect attention away from the fundamentally vile, venal character of NOT your president, but your leader. 

I was lurking Troy's thread, finding the convos interesting but after a while, bemused in that no one came to MY conclusion. For as I read, it became to clear to me that the answer to Why Those with Moral Convictions Can Reject Science and Facts is simple: they're in a cult. Like you, D. You're no Republican. You're a Jim Jones/Charles Manson/Donald Trump cult follower. No matter what The Leader says, or does even that which goes contrary to everything you knew up to the date you fell under the/some venal white man's spell, you become his slavish parrot, sacrificing all that is good and fine in the world for The Leader's approval. So keep on launching ad hominem bombs and countering facts with nonexistent achievements of your cult Leader. I got your number.

13 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

got your number D. I know why you want to deflect attention away from the fundamentally vile, venal character of NOT your president, but your leader

You just can’t deal with facts and try to attack people. President Trump is my servant. You can’t handle you emotions and reality has overwhelmed your reason. 

3 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

You just can’t deal with facts and try to attack people. President Trump is my servant. You can’t handle you emotions and reality has overwhelmed your reason. 

I can handle EVERY passive-aggressive emotion you steam. I know you. I've seen you a hundred times before, albeit on TV, planting veggies is a South American jungle -- you know the deal. And because my faculties are all in tact, so do I.

20 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

I can handle EVERY passive-aggressive emotion you steam. I know you. I've seen you a hundred times before, albeit on TV, planting veggies is a South American jungle -- you know the deal. And because my faculties are all in tact, so do

You aren’t even committed enough to register for the site. You really think I take you seriously?? Keep puff puff passing. 

8 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

You aren’t even committed enough to register for the site. You really think I take you seriously?? Keep puff puff passing. 

Trump, the kleptomaniac cult ...lol. Nice passive-aggressive deflection, but not your call.

37 minutes ago, Troy said:

Yeah it would be helpful to me if you created an account.  Why won't you do it FAS? What is you concern? 

If you notice, most of my posts have come about as a result of the election - Trump cult followers blowing brown smoke, others implying voting is a waste of time, irrelevant to the interests of black people, etc. As one of the first to realize the election is about the preservation of Democracy vs fascism and the degeneration of black America to the shadows of history, I feel/felt it imperative to speak up. So much so, I was thinking the other day that perhaps I should swallow my reservations and register. But, since the election is almost over and the Agent Orange threat almost done (yeah, that was a dig, D ...lol), I think I'll hold off, see how I feel in a week or so. Appreciate your invitation, though.

16 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

Trump, the kleptomaniac cult ...lol. Nice passive-aggressive deflection, but not your call.

You seem to think this has some meaning. I am not emotionally attached to Trump like you seem to be.

16 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

, most of my posts have come about as a result of the election - Trump cult followers blowing brown smoke, others implying voting is a waste of time

Interesting since this post wasn’t about not voting. 

12 hours ago, Troy said:

Well I hope 45 does not win, for you sake 😉

You are so disingenuous. You voted for Biden so that would be for your sake and loss too. 

52 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

You are so disingenuous. You voted for Biden so that would be for your sake and loss too. 

Take a deep breath, and get a sense a humor.  You rabid Trump supporters are wound way too tight. When was the last time you got some?😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 9:54 AM, Troy said:

@Cynique retired @Mzuri.  She may still be active on Facebook.  

@Pioneer1 that is why I just ignore people like Ice Cube.  I'm sure he has grown as a individual, but I rather invent my time in listening to people who have not been spending the bulk of their adult lives doing what you've described.

I was definitely wondering about Cynique. Was kinda looking forward to hearing her voice. Didn't want to ask so now I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude don't hesitate to ask questions like that.  Cynique did make her intentions known priori to leaving. We've exchanged a few emails since she left, but my most recent email to her fall did not get a reply.  I considered checking facebook, but never did try.

My mother used to always say, "all good things come to an end."

danielkegfny,

I have not been on here in a while. Blessings to you and your family and everyone else on here. 

You directed a comment to me, so, I will respond:

The only Republican I ever voted for is the late Jacob Javits, who many would consider a Liberal for his time. 

Republicans tend to not like or always dismiss Black people and our achievements. Trump has a long standing history of antipathy towards our people. He and his father refused to rent apartments in their buildings to Blacks. He’s likened most Black nations as chithole countries.

After George Floyd was murdered, Trump blamed the looting and real estate damage on Blacks and our allies. He ignored mounting evidence that the violence was started many times by his Proud and Boogaloo Boys and other racist groups. Eventually, even some police chiefs admitted the same.

Trump never had a problem insulting a race of people that he and most his ardent supporters believe should have never been viewed as equals in the first place. This is the essence of his deranged revulsion that Barack Obama won the White House. Not once, but twice.

And many folks whom I worked with over the years often likened Trump to a Nazi. I came to share their opinion. For those who question such a view, the parallels lie in Trump’s love of Authoritarianism, Racism, Ethnic Myths and his ready use of dehumanizing language.

The main reason Trump fired his Secretary of Defense, Mark Esper, is because his SecDef stridently opposed using the country’s military against his fellow citizens. Imagine if Esper had agreed with Trump. Resisting Trump’s regime might have resulted in thousands being shot, imprisoned or even kicked out of the country. And maybe a similar fate awaited their friends and relatives.

According to the Washington Post and the New York Times, Trump is said to call his most strident supporters most of the day and mutter to them that we won the election, over and over.

You are entitled to your opinion Danillefgny. I will not stoop to disrespecting you by quoting your posts line by line and then offer disparaging comments on each. I made my living by writing so I prefer to be mature and just respond with whole and appropriate comments.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

After George Floyd was murdered, Trump blamed the looting and real estate damage on Blacks and our allies. He ignored mounting evidence that the violence was started many times by his Proud and Boogaloo Boys and other racist groups. Eventually, even some police chiefs admitted the same.

Please provide this mounting evidence. From what the mainstream media showed there were no such incidents. I am aware of when in NYC the Proud Boys, a multi ethnic group, defended the Republican Club against Antifa and some of its members were arrested. I can provide documentation for that instance. That was before George Floyd’s death.

In NYC and in Rochester there were no WSE to try to blame for the violence. Portland is a similar situation.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Trump never had a problem insulting a race of people that he and most his ardent supporters believe should have never been viewed as equals in the first place

Trump has no problem insulting anyone. He is an equal opportunity insult hurler. I believe your respond has been hypersensitivity.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

According to the Washington Post and the New York Times, Trump is said to call his most strident supporters most of the day and mutter to them that we won the election, over and over.

They have been saying the same type of things since he first got into office. They said he was walking in the halls of the White House mumbling to Andrew Jackson because he was worried about impeachment.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

You are entitled to your opinion Danillefgny. I will not stoop to disrespecting you by quoting your posts line by line and then offer disparaging comments on each. I made my living by writing so I prefer to be mature and just respond with whole and appropriate comments.

I find this response condescending. There is nothing lowly by doing a line by line analysis. I have noticed that people have taken the approach of I will gush all over you with broad sweeping statements and then not be willing to look at the counterpoint. 

I am a Trump supporter. I believe that he has won the election. I believe that if he does get to decision to the House of Representatives he will remain  POTUS. 

Also, what does being a writer have to do with our conversation? I don’t know what significance that holds?

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Republicans tend to not like or always dismiss Black people and our achievements. Trump has a long standing history of antipathy towards our people. He and his father refused to rent apartments in their buildings to Blacks. He’s likened most Black nations as chithole countries.

None this has any bearing on the positive impact of President Trump’s policy. And the statement actually is an affront to Black Republicans. I personally don’t care what Trump thinks. I care about what he signs. I care about The First Step Act. I care about the tax cuts and I care about energy independence. Racism and racial injustice won’t be solved over an 8 year term.  But these aren’t American problems, they are human problems. This is what I was reminded of while listening to The Black Count.

When I was a Communist and a registered Democrat I believed in a similar manner that you are expressing. But once I opened my mind to the possibility I could be wrong, I started seeing more similarities in attitudes and beliefs than differences.

You choose to allow your antipathy towards Trump to flow over to me. That’s your choice and the feeling isn’t mutual. I don’t see your beliefs as your sum total. I do see that it as a liability.

Daniellegfny,

I refuse to do research for anyone who has the freedom to watch the news or read current affairs on at least two websites daily.

If you want to converse with me, combine your sentences into a post. Only those who cannot write want to discuss a sentence at a time.

This is a news forum. People write in news forums. 

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I refuse to do research for anyone who has the freedom to watch the news or read current affairs on at least two websites daily

It just means you don’t have the evidence to back up your claims. I have no problem with providing backup up for my claims. It has a name citation.

this article shows the incident with the proud boys and Antifa https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/nyregion/proud-boys-antifa-sentence.html

Post aren’t private conversations they are to help educate others who come after you and I are no longer around.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

If you want to converse with me, combine your sentences into a post. Only those who cannot write want to discuss a sentence at a time.

Now you want to dictate writing style. That’s a great example of an authoritarian attitude. 

Daniellegfny,

I can find the evidence quickly. I just refuse to do so for someone who appears lazy. You want me to do your work for you. Do your own research. 

Because if there's one thing I know about Trump supporters: Most of them are bereft of writing talent. They just holla a lot. Which means nothing. 

These are the reasons you claim for supporting Trump.

1. First Step Act. (Supposedly meant to streamline federal prison sentences, but not all inmates are eligible. The only problem is that Trump has to be dragged kicking and screaming to support this bi-partisan legislation).

2. Building the Wall. (The Border Wall was never completed and Mexico had no intention of ever paying for any part of it).

3. Operation Warp Speed (A joke, since Trump has always ignored Covid-19, lying that he did not want a panic. The death toll is past 270,000 dead in this country. And Trump's stupid interference and his goofy adviser Scott Atlas compounded the health emergency by telling people they didn't need to wear masks).

4. Peace in the Middle East. (There's no peace in the Middle East. With Israel openly assassinating Iranian generals and scientists and secretly bombing Lebanon and Syria, what peace are you talking about?).

5. Return of hostages from China, North Korea, Turkey and Africa  (We had hostages in China, Turkey and parts of Africa? You mean there were Americans imprisoned in Egypt. Who was held in China and Turkey?)

6. Joint law enforcement actions in Suffolk County. (Who cares? The White people who live out there make life horrible for Black citizens). 

7. Making NATO take more responsibility for its defense (Really? Russia's going to invade Western Europe? What drugs are you on?)

8. Energy Independence (You mean oil dominance and Beltway corruption).

You're damn right I demand good and sensible writing.  I taught it in two business colleges. And I got paid well for it. I have seen little good writing on Black social media websites. Just a lot of anger and childish putdowns, but no definitive effort at discussion.

Now, either you reply in short essays with your points instead of this line by line rebuttal nonsense, or I will ignore you. Because I believe you cannot form coherent thoughts and keep them going for a while. 

I taught my students to do this. Why can't you?

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

I can find the evidence quickly. I just refuse to do so for someone who appears lazy. You want me to do your work for you. Do your own research. 

Because if there's one thing I know about Trump supporters: Most of them are bereft of writing talent. They just holla a lot. Which means nothing. 

You know very little. But I am glad that makes you feel better. 

Making NATO take more responsibility for its defense (Really? Russia's going to invade Western Europe? What drugs are you on?)

If you believe this then you should be happy that America would need to spend less money 💰.

Peace in the Middle East. (There's no peace in the Middle East. With Israel openly assassinating Iranian generals and scientists and secretly bombing Lebanon and Syria, what peace are you talking about?).

The Abraham Accord. Do you want the details.

Return of hostages from China, North Korea, Turkey and Africa  (We had hostages in China, Turkey and parts of Africa? You mean there were Americans imprisoned in Egypt. Who was held in China and Turkey?)

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/15/trump-ucla-basketball-players-thank-you-244925

Turkey

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/world/europe/turkey-us-pastor-andrew-brunson.html

Africa

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/10/31/us-forces-rescue-american-hostage-in-nigeria/

North Korea 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_nationals_detained_in_North_Korea

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Energy Independence (You mean oil dominance and Beltway corruption).

Means cheaper energy cost. The ability to save more to invest more.

You really need to get off your high horse. You merely have displayed arrogance not intelligence. 

2 hours ago, Delano said:

@daniellegfny and @Stefan what lead you to becoming a writer?

I write. I don’t consider myself a writer.

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Now, either you reply in short essays with your points instead of this line by line rebuttal nonsense, or I will ignore you. Because I believe you cannot form coherent thoughts and keep them going for a while.

You seem to think that you are worthy of my time. What an overestimation of self worth. Read my book then tell me I can’t hold a coherent thought. Or you can read my reviews http://clarencecoggins.Wordpress.comI am not here to dazzle you with my ability to write long meaningless passages of misinformation. This isn’t therapy for me. Go hide. I shalt not seek you. I was tired of listening to your propaganda against the President and his supporters. 

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

I have seen little good writing on Black social media websites.

I'm curious, which "Black social media websites" have you visited and which non-Black ones are you comparing them to?

At the end of the day trump has done some good things for some Black people and bad things for others.  It seems people choose to see what they want to see to support their opinions and ignore the rest.  It is human nature. 

If 20% of Black people saw enough benefit from Trump to go out and vote for him, why reject the benefits they obviously see. 

All things considered I think Trump was a bad president and needed to be removed. A large majority of of Americans obviously agreed.  Do I think Biden will be that much better -- who the heck knows.  What I do know is that Biden will behave like an adult and demonstrate a lot class and respect for the office.  That alone is worth the price of the ticket.

Yeah, the United States is a nation of poor writers. And it always will be.

Don't ask me what Black social media websites I go to. There are not that many that deal with politics and current affairs. So, I've been on a lot of Conservative websites and sometimes a few Leftist ones. I leave if there are nothing but petulant children within.

Do you expect sub-par writing for the books that are offered on this website? Would any of your customers purchase a tome that boasted rebuttals of the manuscript every two lines? A change of book themes every three pages?

I taught Writing. I trained news reporters. But most importantly, I stay well informed. 

Most schools do not put an emphasis on good writing. Which is why one sees a mish mash of poor sentence construction, lack of coherent themes and wild and disparate claims that are never proven on many news forums. 

Oh, and let's not forget the ubiquitous childish putdowns when posters run out of intelligent things to say. 

11 hours ago, Troy said:

At the end of the day trump has done some good things for some Black people and bad things for others.  It seems people choose to see what they want to see to support their opinions and ignore the rest.  It is human nature. 

If 20% of Black people saw enough benefit from Trump to go out and vote for him, why reject the benefits they obviously see. 

Thank you. I am glad that people are starting to react in an unity building manner. Recognition of others people’s perspectives is what I see as being balanced. What was especially noteworthy in the comment was that it was as devoid of assumptions about what others thought were those benefits were. This opens the door to get to the true feelings of people.

So @Stefan, did you teach writing? 😉  

18 hours ago, Stefan said:

Don't ask me what Black social media websites I go to.

If would not have matter anyway. Your anecedote would not have proven anything.  I was jusyt curious as I'm on the look out for good Black-owned forums ...  any Black forum with active participation really.

I'm not sure what you expect here or any other platform. 

Some people write really well and others don't.  Some people are more informed on some subjects and other not so much.  Some people have a sense of humor and others act like they have a stick up their asses.  Some people take themselves way too seriously and other are more grounded.

The same person can exhibit all of these characteristics at any given time.  This is not a function of one's so called "race;" it is just human nature.

If you expect perfect sentence structure on an informal discussion forum, you need to change your expectations, for you will be constantly disappointed.

Troy,

I do not expect perfect grammar and spelling on any news forum. But if you want the truth, Black news forums have the most emotional and angry participants. And some are quick to show their immaturity because they take offense immediately.

I am not female, so I do not enter Women news forums.

There are a lot of Conservatives who also cannot hold their temper. But on most general news forums, there are always good writers who are patient and would rather wait for further explanation before tossing a stick of dynamite. It depends on the topic. Some issues generate intense emotions such as Israel and U.S. relations with Muslim countries. Or Barack Obama. 

Reparations for descendants of Black Slaves and discussions of Black American achievement also generate a lot of discussion, some of it quite nasty. But on Black forums, I've run into a lot of people who will look at a single paragraph and are ready to blow their top. 

Personally, I don't expect to find wordsmiths on forums unless they have nothing else to do. We are a nation of terrible writers.  But I eschew childishness and those who express disdain for anyone simply because their worldview does not match that of their churlish detractors. Folks should at least try to be polite.

Now, Troy, are a terrific writer. And I enjoy reading your comments. 

I'm on a search for good conversation and hopeful and truthful thoughts for the Black Community. Oh, and some darn good humor. 

Rudy 2.jpg

• Haha 1

I'm on a search for good conversation and hopeful and truthful thoughts for the Black Community. Oh, and some darn good humor

We are a nation of terrible writers.

Why? Why would you not look at scholarly journals? What do you mean we are a nation of terrible writers? Who is the “We”?

And who declared you as the ultimate authority of Truth? I hope you just lack awareness of how deeming you are with your comments. From my observations it looks like we all have baked in paradigms and blind spots which are baked into our comments.

I am constantly being reminded by the 48 Laws of Power when I am engaging in dialogue with people on forums and social media. I also recognize the many people hid behind Anonymity to stir the pot. 

I have several purposes for being here.  The reason I came here and why I stay here have changed. I am finding that I too used the emotional argument, but hearing it from you made me reevaluate the source of that sentiment and acknowledge it’s origin in racist tropism. 

It is my belief that I weight personal liberty as my most significant value. Secondly I value personal achievement. I have seen life’s lower rungs. There’s nothing endearing about being destitute and dependent upon Government Assistance.

I have been in local government and social services and seen and felt the attitudes of superiority which ooze with their words. Back in 1984, Kean University had the First Fiscally Autonomous Black Student Union which had won reparations from the Student Government. It autonomous controls of the students active funding was later reversed but, we had our victory because we knew what we wanted and clearly documented our argument. This was achieved in the face of opposition of the Hispanic and International organizations.

There are many philosophical strains running through the world. I have found that because people (humanity) doesn’t think 🤔 they are trapped in the world’s created by those who do think and organize.

Stefan I didn’t come here to debate. I came here to find potential buyers for my book and people who would help me selling them. While I was here, I decided to subscribe to the site newsletter and to Libro.fm which helps financial supports site. I participate because my objective is not to just take from the community but to give.

I am grateful to @Chevdove who I believe purchased one of my books @Ann Bray Smithfor participating on the Countdown 2021 - Blastoff 2021. @Delanofor his interjections. @Pioneer1for his amusing philosophy. This is the foundation of the community I have experienced here at the house @Troybuilt. 

Throughout this thread you have attacked my character, something @Troy has a habit of doing also. You make polemic statements which appear more to try to sound good or assume the moral high ground. It’s both ineffective and boring except to those seeking to take the frustration out against the President.

I see all people in this society as being tainted by racism. I separated Racism from Slavery. They sometimes intersect but they are distinct entities. So all arguments about Trump or Biden are racist are irrelevant to my assessment of the two. 

While I voted for Obama twice, I strongly opposed the Individual Mandate for personal financial reasons. To a large degree I only voted for Obama because he was black. I heard him speak in person when he was running for President an Corey Booker was Mayor of Newark. That was when I had first started podcasting back in 2007. One my first  interviews in 2008 was with one of the Generals who were campaigning for Obama. Listening to Helping People Get To The Right Answer Through Diplomacy by Lazzeo STAFF https://www.blogtalkradio.com/lazzeolive/2007/12/14/Helping-People-Get-To-The-Right-Answer-Through-Diplomacy#.X8tlnG9pp74.twitter

This being said, your painting of conservatives with a broad brush does more injury to you than it does to me. My landlord liked Obama because of the foreclosure relief. I personally don’t see anything except for breaking the glass ceiling that benefited me. I can’t name one policy or executive order that directly benefited blacks beyond the Foreclosure relief. I see how he helped the LBGT community. I see how he helped DACA. Both things had negative impact on two of my identities. One as a Christian and the second as a Citizen. And people will say Blacks can’t be citizens, however it’s what my Passport is willing to debate that argument with anyone.

Trump has impacted my life positively beyond a symbolic gesture. What does worm care that the giraffe eats the highest leaves? The worm benefits from the roots moving the soil and enriching it. 

Energy independence which you scoffed at helps poor people to live because it lowers their expenses. It lowers their expenses when it comes to lower transportation and heating costs. It also helped slow down rising prices based on operating expenses.

We are nation of terrible writers. PERIOD! 

I am not talking about the writing in scholarly journals because, um, name the scholars in these discussion forums?

Also, name any scholarly journal that contains essays and scientific analyses, but also employs writers who use someone else's quotes every few paragraphs. No one who has learned to write correctly does that. 

And that's the problem. Because most schools in the U.S. fail to teach writing. It is an afterthought. Which is why you will occasionally come across online the publishing of teachers' notes to parents that contain misspellings, bad grammar and sentence misconstruction.

If teachers can't write correctly, what makes anyone think they are qualified to teach their pupils how to write?

If one disagrees with a stance, particularly in online forums, a rebuttal written response can be offered. And it is best if one keeps this to a minimum of five paragraphs. Which is the exact basic standard for essay writing. 

The very fact you are defending such horrible writing skills is proof of what I say. We are the Dumbest of the Dumbed Down countries on this planet. Not only do we accept Mediocrity, we revel in it. 

The following is a teacher's first hand account of his teaching experience. He does recall one particular student. 

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/why-are-americans-such-lousy-writers/

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

The very fact you are defending such horrible writing skills is proof of what I say. We are the Dumbest of the Dumbed Down countries on this planet. Not only do we accept Mediocrity, we revel in it.

Ok I see your self loathing. I disagree. 

“Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts. This requires not that the writer make all his sentences short, or that he avoid all detail and treat his subjects only in outline, but that he make every word tell.”

— "Elementary Principles of Composition", The Elements of Style[13]

“The greatness of America 🇺🇸 has always been derived from the outstanding few who surpassed their limits. This is why they have earned places of honor.”

- Clarence N M Coggins III 

28 minutes ago, Delano said:

I have notice that the quality of writing in Newspapers? has declined. This may be a function of economics. I

It’s more of a function of lack of interest. I would say that the economics comes into play with regards to hiring qualified copy editors and proofreaders. Most people don’t even know or care about Strunk & White. Plus considering looking at literacy rates it doesn’t include grammatical or stylistic achievements. 

The most important aspect of writing is clarity of thought. Does your reader understand what you are trying to convey? The concept of the dumbing down of America is elitist drivel. They had attributed the cause to television. But in truth I believe we just became aware of our actual level of intelligence and disdain for the academic. This society has used academic achievements as a method of suppressing the masses. 

The truly outstanding have always emerged from an internal drive as opposed to external influence.