How can Blacks advance economically under Harris Biden?

20 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

I can handle EVERY passive-aggressive emotion you steam. I know you. I've seen you a hundred times before, albeit on TV, planting veggies is a South American jungle -- you know the deal. And because my faculties are all in tact, so do

You aren’t even committed enough to register for the site. You really think I take you seriously?? Keep puff puff passing. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am respectful of all opinions and personal views as it relates to politics, religion, and other controversial topics.  However, it has been obvious on many occasions that most people are blinded by

This outrage over paying taxes amuses me. As if no one in this forum realizes that the U.S. Treasury needs to be replenished after Republican trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich. Why would anyone fo

Humm let me think ... all of them! The quality is pretty shitty here when you don't have it.    

Posted Images

8 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

You aren’t even committed enough to register for the site. You really think I take you seriously?? Keep puff puff passing. 

Trump, the kleptomaniac cult ...lol. Nice passive-aggressive deflection, but not your call.

37 minutes ago, Troy said:

Yeah it would be helpful to me if you created an account.  Why won't you do it FAS? What is you concern? 

If you notice, most of my posts have come about as a result of the election - Trump cult followers blowing brown smoke, others implying voting is a waste of time, irrelevant to the interests of black people, etc. As one of the first to realize the election is about the preservation of Democracy vs fascism and the degeneration of black America to the shadows of history, I feel/felt it imperative to speak up. So much so, I was thinking the other day that perhaps I should swallow my reservations and register. But, since the election is almost over and the Agent Orange threat almost done (yeah, that was a dig, D ...lol), I think I'll hold off, see how I feel in a week or so. Appreciate your invitation, though.

16 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

Trump, the kleptomaniac cult ...lol. Nice passive-aggressive deflection, but not your call.

You seem to think this has some meaning. I am not emotionally attached to Trump like you seem to be.

16 hours ago, Guest FAS said:

, most of my posts have come about as a result of the election - Trump cult followers blowing brown smoke, others implying voting is a waste of time

Interesting since this post wasn’t about not voting. 

12 hours ago, Troy said:

Well I hope 45 does not win, for you sake 😉

You are so disingenuous. You voted for Biden so that would be for your sake and loss too. 

52 minutes ago, daniellegfny said:

You are so disingenuous. You voted for Biden so that would be for your sake and loss too. 

Take a deep breath, and get a sense a humor.  You rabid Trump supporters are wound way too tight. When was the last time you got some?😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 9:54 AM, Troy said:

@Cynique retired @Mzuri.  She may still be active on Facebook.  

@Pioneer1 that is why I just ignore people like Ice Cube.  I'm sure he has grown as a individual, but I rather invent my time in listening to people who have not been spending the bulk of their adult lives doing what you've described.

I was definitely wondering about Cynique. Was kinda looking forward to hearing her voice. Didn't want to ask so now I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude don't hesitate to ask questions like that.  Cynique did make her intentions known priori to leaving. We've exchanged a few emails since she left, but my most recent email to her fall did not get a reply.  I considered checking facebook, but never did try.

My mother used to always say, "all good things come to an end."

danielkegfny,

I have not been on here in a while. Blessings to you and your family and everyone else on here. 

You directed a comment to me, so, I will respond:

The only Republican I ever voted for is the late Jacob Javits, who many would consider a Liberal for his time. 

Republicans tend to not like or always dismiss Black people and our achievements. Trump has a long standing history of antipathy towards our people. He and his father refused to rent apartments in their buildings to Blacks. He’s likened most Black nations as chithole countries.

After George Floyd was murdered, Trump blamed the looting and real estate damage on Blacks and our allies. He ignored mounting evidence that the violence was started many times by his Proud and Boogaloo Boys and other racist groups. Eventually, even some police chiefs admitted the same.

Trump never had a problem insulting a race of people that he and most his ardent supporters believe should have never been viewed as equals in the first place. This is the essence of his deranged revulsion that Barack Obama won the White House. Not once, but twice.

And many folks whom I worked with over the years often likened Trump to a Nazi. I came to share their opinion. For those who question such a view, the parallels lie in Trump’s love of Authoritarianism, Racism, Ethnic Myths and his ready use of dehumanizing language.

The main reason Trump fired his Secretary of Defense, Mark Esper, is because his SecDef stridently opposed using the country’s military against his fellow citizens. Imagine if Esper had agreed with Trump. Resisting Trump’s regime might have resulted in thousands being shot, imprisoned or even kicked out of the country. And maybe a similar fate awaited their friends and relatives.

According to the Washington Post and the New York Times, Trump is said to call his most strident supporters most of the day and mutter to them that we won the election, over and over.

You are entitled to your opinion Danillefgny. I will not stoop to disrespecting you by quoting your posts line by line and then offer disparaging comments on each. I made my living by writing so I prefer to be mature and just respond with whole and appropriate comments.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

After George Floyd was murdered, Trump blamed the looting and real estate damage on Blacks and our allies. He ignored mounting evidence that the violence was started many times by his Proud and Boogaloo Boys and other racist groups. Eventually, even some police chiefs admitted the same.

Please provide this mounting evidence. From what the mainstream media showed there were no such incidents. I am aware of when in NYC the Proud Boys, a multi ethnic group, defended the Republican Club against Antifa and some of its members were arrested. I can provide documentation for that instance. That was before George Floyd’s death.

In NYC and in Rochester there were no WSE to try to blame for the violence. Portland is a similar situation.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Trump never had a problem insulting a race of people that he and most his ardent supporters believe should have never been viewed as equals in the first place

Trump has no problem insulting anyone. He is an equal opportunity insult hurler. I believe your respond has been hypersensitivity.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

According to the Washington Post and the New York Times, Trump is said to call his most strident supporters most of the day and mutter to them that we won the election, over and over.

They have been saying the same type of things since he first got into office. They said he was walking in the halls of the White House mumbling to Andrew Jackson because he was worried about impeachment.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

You are entitled to your opinion Danillefgny. I will not stoop to disrespecting you by quoting your posts line by line and then offer disparaging comments on each. I made my living by writing so I prefer to be mature and just respond with whole and appropriate comments.

I find this response condescending. There is nothing lowly by doing a line by line analysis. I have noticed that people have taken the approach of I will gush all over you with broad sweeping statements and then not be willing to look at the counterpoint. 

I am a Trump supporter. I believe that he has won the election. I believe that if he does get to decision to the House of Representatives he will remain  POTUS. 

Also, what does being a writer have to do with our conversation? I don’t know what significance that holds?

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Republicans tend to not like or always dismiss Black people and our achievements. Trump has a long standing history of antipathy towards our people. He and his father refused to rent apartments in their buildings to Blacks. He’s likened most Black nations as chithole countries.

None this has any bearing on the positive impact of President Trump’s policy. And the statement actually is an affront to Black Republicans. I personally don’t care what Trump thinks. I care about what he signs. I care about The First Step Act. I care about the tax cuts and I care about energy independence. Racism and racial injustice won’t be solved over an 8 year term.  But these aren’t American problems, they are human problems. This is what I was reminded of while listening to The Black Count.

When I was a Communist and a registered Democrat I believed in a similar manner that you are expressing. But once I opened my mind to the possibility I could be wrong, I started seeing more similarities in attitudes and beliefs than differences.

You choose to allow your antipathy towards Trump to flow over to me. That’s your choice and the feeling isn’t mutual. I don’t see your beliefs as your sum total. I do see that it as a liability.

Daniellegfny,

I refuse to do research for anyone who has the freedom to watch the news or read current affairs on at least two websites daily.

If you want to converse with me, combine your sentences into a post. Only those who cannot write want to discuss a sentence at a time.

This is a news forum. People write in news forums. 

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I refuse to do research for anyone who has the freedom to watch the news or read current affairs on at least two websites daily

It just means you don’t have the evidence to back up your claims. I have no problem with providing backup up for my claims. It has a name citation.

this article shows the incident with the proud boys and Antifa https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/nyregion/proud-boys-antifa-sentence.html

Post aren’t private conversations they are to help educate others who come after you and I are no longer around.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

If you want to converse with me, combine your sentences into a post. Only those who cannot write want to discuss a sentence at a time.

Now you want to dictate writing style. That’s a great example of an authoritarian attitude. 

Daniellegfny,

I can find the evidence quickly. I just refuse to do so for someone who appears lazy. You want me to do your work for you. Do your own research. 

Because if there's one thing I know about Trump supporters: Most of them are bereft of writing talent. They just holla a lot. Which means nothing. 

These are the reasons you claim for supporting Trump.

1. First Step Act. (Supposedly meant to streamline federal prison sentences, but not all inmates are eligible. The only problem is that Trump has to be dragged kicking and screaming to support this bi-partisan legislation).

2. Building the Wall. (The Border Wall was never completed and Mexico had no intention of ever paying for any part of it).

3. Operation Warp Speed (A joke, since Trump has always ignored Covid-19, lying that he did not want a panic. The death toll is past 270,000 dead in this country. And Trump's stupid interference and his goofy adviser Scott Atlas compounded the health emergency by telling people they didn't need to wear masks).

4. Peace in the Middle East. (There's no peace in the Middle East. With Israel openly assassinating Iranian generals and scientists and secretly bombing Lebanon and Syria, what peace are you talking about?).

5. Return of hostages from China, North Korea, Turkey and Africa  (We had hostages in China, Turkey and parts of Africa? You mean there were Americans imprisoned in Egypt. Who was held in China and Turkey?)

6. Joint law enforcement actions in Suffolk County. (Who cares? The White people who live out there make life horrible for Black citizens). 

7. Making NATO take more responsibility for its defense (Really? Russia's going to invade Western Europe? What drugs are you on?)

8. Energy Independence (You mean oil dominance and Beltway corruption).

You're damn right I demand good and sensible writing.  I taught it in two business colleges. And I got paid well for it. I have seen little good writing on Black social media websites. Just a lot of anger and childish putdowns, but no definitive effort at discussion.

Now, either you reply in short essays with your points instead of this line by line rebuttal nonsense, or I will ignore you. Because I believe you cannot form coherent thoughts and keep them going for a while. 

I taught my students to do this. Why can't you?

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

I can find the evidence quickly. I just refuse to do so for someone who appears lazy. You want me to do your work for you. Do your own research. 

Because if there's one thing I know about Trump supporters: Most of them are bereft of writing talent. They just holla a lot. Which means nothing. 

You know very little. But I am glad that makes you feel better. 

Making NATO take more responsibility for its defense (Really? Russia's going to invade Western Europe? What drugs are you on?)

If you believe this then you should be happy that America would need to spend less money 💰.

Peace in the Middle East. (There's no peace in the Middle East. With Israel openly assassinating Iranian generals and scientists and secretly bombing Lebanon and Syria, what peace are you talking about?).

The Abraham Accord. Do you want the details.

Return of hostages from China, North Korea, Turkey and Africa  (We had hostages in China, Turkey and parts of Africa? You mean there were Americans imprisoned in Egypt. Who was held in China and Turkey?)

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/15/trump-ucla-basketball-players-thank-you-244925

Turkey

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/world/europe/turkey-us-pastor-andrew-brunson.html

Africa

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/10/31/us-forces-rescue-american-hostage-in-nigeria/

North Korea 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_nationals_detained_in_North_Korea

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Energy Independence (You mean oil dominance and Beltway corruption).

Means cheaper energy cost. The ability to save more to invest more.

You really need to get off your high horse. You merely have displayed arrogance not intelligence. 

2 hours ago, Delano said:

@daniellegfny and @Stefan what lead you to becoming a writer?

I write. I don’t consider myself a writer.

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Now, either you reply in short essays with your points instead of this line by line rebuttal nonsense, or I will ignore you. Because I believe you cannot form coherent thoughts and keep them going for a while.

You seem to think that you are worthy of my time. What an overestimation of self worth. Read my book then tell me I can’t hold a coherent thought. Or you can read my reviews http://clarencecoggins.Wordpress.comI am not here to dazzle you with my ability to write long meaningless passages of misinformation. This isn’t therapy for me. Go hide. I shalt not seek you. I was tired of listening to your propaganda against the President and his supporters. 

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

I have seen little good writing on Black social media websites.

I'm curious, which "Black social media websites" have you visited and which non-Black ones are you comparing them to?

At the end of the day trump has done some good things for some Black people and bad things for others.  It seems people choose to see what they want to see to support their opinions and ignore the rest.  It is human nature. 

If 20% of Black people saw enough benefit from Trump to go out and vote for him, why reject the benefits they obviously see. 

All things considered I think Trump was a bad president and needed to be removed. A large majority of of Americans obviously agreed.  Do I think Biden will be that much better -- who the heck knows.  What I do know is that Biden will behave like an adult and demonstrate a lot class and respect for the office.  That alone is worth the price of the ticket.

Yeah, the United States is a nation of poor writers. And it always will be.

Don't ask me what Black social media websites I go to. There are not that many that deal with politics and current affairs. So, I've been on a lot of Conservative websites and sometimes a few Leftist ones. I leave if there are nothing but petulant children within.

Do you expect sub-par writing for the books that are offered on this website? Would any of your customers purchase a tome that boasted rebuttals of the manuscript every two lines? A change of book themes every three pages?

I taught Writing. I trained news reporters. But most importantly, I stay well informed. 

Most schools do not put an emphasis on good writing. Which is why one sees a mish mash of poor sentence construction, lack of coherent themes and wild and disparate claims that are never proven on many news forums. 

Oh, and let's not forget the ubiquitous childish putdowns when posters run out of intelligent things to say. 

11 hours ago, Troy said:

At the end of the day trump has done some good things for some Black people and bad things for others.  It seems people choose to see what they want to see to support their opinions and ignore the rest.  It is human nature. 

If 20% of Black people saw enough benefit from Trump to go out and vote for him, why reject the benefits they obviously see. 

Thank you. I am glad that people are starting to react in an unity building manner. Recognition of others people’s perspectives is what I see as being balanced. What was especially noteworthy in the comment was that it was as devoid of assumptions about what others thought were those benefits were. This opens the door to get to the true feelings of people.

So @Stefan, did you teach writing? 😉  

18 hours ago, Stefan said:

Don't ask me what Black social media websites I go to.

If would not have matter anyway. Your anecedote would not have proven anything.  I was jusyt curious as I'm on the look out for good Black-owned forums ...  any Black forum with active participation really.

I'm not sure what you expect here or any other platform. 

Some people write really well and others don't.  Some people are more informed on some subjects and other not so much.  Some people have a sense of humor and others act like they have a stick up their asses.  Some people take themselves way too seriously and other are more grounded.

The same person can exhibit all of these characteristics at any given time.  This is not a function of one's so called "race;" it is just human nature.

If you expect perfect sentence structure on an informal discussion forum, you need to change your expectations, for you will be constantly disappointed.

Troy,

I do not expect perfect grammar and spelling on any news forum. But if you want the truth, Black news forums have the most emotional and angry participants. And some are quick to show their immaturity because they take offense immediately.

I am not female, so I do not enter Women news forums.

There are a lot of Conservatives who also cannot hold their temper. But on most general news forums, there are always good writers who are patient and would rather wait for further explanation before tossing a stick of dynamite. It depends on the topic. Some issues generate intense emotions such as Israel and U.S. relations with Muslim countries. Or Barack Obama. 

Reparations for descendants of Black Slaves and discussions of Black American achievement also generate a lot of discussion, some of it quite nasty. But on Black forums, I've run into a lot of people who will look at a single paragraph and are ready to blow their top. 

Personally, I don't expect to find wordsmiths on forums unless they have nothing else to do. We are a nation of terrible writers.  But I eschew childishness and those who express disdain for anyone simply because their worldview does not match that of their churlish detractors. Folks should at least try to be polite.

Now, Troy, are a terrific writer. And I enjoy reading your comments. 

I'm on a search for good conversation and hopeful and truthful thoughts for the Black Community. Oh, and some darn good humor. 

Rudy 2.jpg

• Haha 1

I'm on a search for good conversation and hopeful and truthful thoughts for the Black Community. Oh, and some darn good humor

We are a nation of terrible writers.

Why? Why would you not look at scholarly journals? What do you mean we are a nation of terrible writers? Who is the “We”?

And who declared you as the ultimate authority of Truth? I hope you just lack awareness of how deeming you are with your comments. From my observations it looks like we all have baked in paradigms and blind spots which are baked into our comments.

I am constantly being reminded by the 48 Laws of Power when I am engaging in dialogue with people on forums and social media. I also recognize the many people hid behind Anonymity to stir the pot. 

I have several purposes for being here.  The reason I came here and why I stay here have changed. I am finding that I too used the emotional argument, but hearing it from you made me reevaluate the source of that sentiment and acknowledge it’s origin in racist tropism. 

It is my belief that I weight personal liberty as my most significant value. Secondly I value personal achievement. I have seen life’s lower rungs. There’s nothing endearing about being destitute and dependent upon Government Assistance.

I have been in local government and social services and seen and felt the attitudes of superiority which ooze with their words. Back in 1984, Kean University had the First Fiscally Autonomous Black Student Union which had won reparations from the Student Government. It autonomous controls of the students active funding was later reversed but, we had our victory because we knew what we wanted and clearly documented our argument. This was achieved in the face of opposition of the Hispanic and International organizations.

There are many philosophical strains running through the world. I have found that because people (humanity) doesn’t think 🤔 they are trapped in the world’s created by those who do think and organize.

Stefan I didn’t come here to debate. I came here to find potential buyers for my book and people who would help me selling them. While I was here, I decided to subscribe to the site newsletter and to Libro.fm which helps financial supports site. I participate because my objective is not to just take from the community but to give.

I am grateful to @Chevdove who I believe purchased one of my books @Ann Bray Smithfor participating on the Countdown 2021 - Blastoff 2021. @Delanofor his interjections. @Pioneer1for his amusing philosophy. This is the foundation of the community I have experienced here at the house @Troybuilt. 

Throughout this thread you have attacked my character, something @Troy has a habit of doing also. You make polemic statements which appear more to try to sound good or assume the moral high ground. It’s both ineffective and boring except to those seeking to take the frustration out against the President.

I see all people in this society as being tainted by racism. I separated Racism from Slavery. They sometimes intersect but they are distinct entities. So all arguments about Trump or Biden are racist are irrelevant to my assessment of the two. 

While I voted for Obama twice, I strongly opposed the Individual Mandate for personal financial reasons. To a large degree I only voted for Obama because he was black. I heard him speak in person when he was running for President an Corey Booker was Mayor of Newark. That was when I had first started podcasting back in 2007. One my first  interviews in 2008 was with one of the Generals who were campaigning for Obama. Listening to Helping People Get To The Right Answer Through Diplomacy by Lazzeo STAFF https://www.blogtalkradio.com/lazzeolive/2007/12/14/Helping-People-Get-To-The-Right-Answer-Through-Diplomacy#.X8tlnG9pp74.twitter

This being said, your painting of conservatives with a broad brush does more injury to you than it does to me. My landlord liked Obama because of the foreclosure relief. I personally don’t see anything except for breaking the glass ceiling that benefited me. I can’t name one policy or executive order that directly benefited blacks beyond the Foreclosure relief. I see how he helped the LBGT community. I see how he helped DACA. Both things had negative impact on two of my identities. One as a Christian and the second as a Citizen. And people will say Blacks can’t be citizens, however it’s what my Passport is willing to debate that argument with anyone.

Trump has impacted my life positively beyond a symbolic gesture. What does worm care that the giraffe eats the highest leaves? The worm benefits from the roots moving the soil and enriching it. 

Energy independence which you scoffed at helps poor people to live because it lowers their expenses. It lowers their expenses when it comes to lower transportation and heating costs. It also helped slow down rising prices based on operating expenses.

We are nation of terrible writers. PERIOD! 

I am not talking about the writing in scholarly journals because, um, name the scholars in these discussion forums?

Also, name any scholarly journal that contains essays and scientific analyses, but also employs writers who use someone else's quotes every few paragraphs. No one who has learned to write correctly does that. 

And that's the problem. Because most schools in the U.S. fail to teach writing. It is an afterthought. Which is why you will occasionally come across online the publishing of teachers' notes to parents that contain misspellings, bad grammar and sentence misconstruction.

If teachers can't write correctly, what makes anyone think they are qualified to teach their pupils how to write?

If one disagrees with a stance, particularly in online forums, a rebuttal written response can be offered. And it is best if one keeps this to a minimum of five paragraphs. Which is the exact basic standard for essay writing. 

The very fact you are defending such horrible writing skills is proof of what I say. We are the Dumbest of the Dumbed Down countries on this planet. Not only do we accept Mediocrity, we revel in it. 

The following is a teacher's first hand account of his teaching experience. He does recall one particular student. 

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/why-are-americans-such-lousy-writers/

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

The very fact you are defending such horrible writing skills is proof of what I say. We are the Dumbest of the Dumbed Down countries on this planet. Not only do we accept Mediocrity, we revel in it.

Ok I see your self loathing. I disagree. 

“Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts. This requires not that the writer make all his sentences short, or that he avoid all detail and treat his subjects only in outline, but that he make every word tell.”

— "Elementary Principles of Composition", The Elements of Style[13]

“The greatness of America 🇺🇸 has always been derived from the outstanding few who surpassed their limits. This is why they have earned places of honor.”

- Clarence N M Coggins III 
28 minutes ago, Delano said:

I have notice that the quality of writing in Newspapers? has declined. This may be a function of economics. I

It’s more of a function of lack of interest. I would say that the economics comes into play with regards to hiring qualified copy editors and proofreaders. Most people don’t even know or care about Strunk & White. Plus considering looking at literacy rates it doesn’t include grammatical or stylistic achievements. 

The most important aspect of writing is clarity of thought. Does your reader understand what you are trying to convey? The concept of the dumbing down of America is elitist drivel. They had attributed the cause to television. But in truth I believe we just became aware of our actual level of intelligence and disdain for the academic. This society has used academic achievements as a method of suppressing the masses. 

The truly outstanding have always emerged from an internal drive as opposed to external influence. 

Delano,

There is a huge difference between the quality of writing and reporting in daily general circulation newspapers and business and financial publications.

And are you talking about publications with a paywall that limits access? Because the writing is much better when there are good editors in a news room and a paywall increases an owner's revenue. This means they can hire talented editors.

Weekly and monthly publications usually have fewer permanent staffers and rely on freelancers or long time correspondents.  But at daily publications, reporters are up against deadlines and some of them force reporters to file their stories in the late afternoon. 

What most people don't know is that at legitimate publications whose quality and accuracy is rarely questioned, reporters usually have to fight to get their stories into the publication. Those stories must have dependable attribution and good sourcing. That's because there are so many reporters on a staff who are also good writers and good reporters. 

I've known and managed both. Good reporters who were not good writers. And good writers who were not strong reporters. Now, imagine yourself a Black man in a sea of Whites some of whom resent you for being in their midst. Think that Black person can be incompetent and keep their job for long?

There are times when a source cannot be named, which we editors call using a quote without the attribution, because the source might get fired for revealing information.

If the editors are of poor quality, then you're going to get poor quality writing. And this is also true with teachers. If a teacher does not how to write well, their students will not learn how to write well either.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure if anyone who posts in these discussion forums believe they have the right stuff to write for the print news media. But if you do, take a gander at this analysis piece:

https://toughnickel.com/self-employment/The-Pros-and-Cons-of-Writing-Magazine-and-Newspaper-Articles

On 12/4/2020 at 11:56 PM, Stefan said:

We are a nation of terrible writers. 

I still disagree with the statement for a variety of reasons; one and most importantly, there is no data to support it. Indeed all the information available to tends to counter your statement.

American had the best educational system on Earth.  This fact that many Black people and poor people don't enjoy this system is another problem, but the world's elite come to America to be educated.

The number of great books created by American writers every year tells me a completely different story.  Great writing even comes out of the most impoverished conditions.

It can be more easily argued that we are a nation of great writers.  This does not mean we don't have poor ill-informed writers -- of course we do.  But don't based the nation's writing ability by what you see on social media.  Social media and discussion forums are most likely biased toward poorer uninformed writers.

This forum has enjoyed the writing of many professional and skilled writers, including you @Stefan

6 hours ago, Stefan said:

Think that Black person can be incompetent and keep their job for long?

I was going to agree with you, but I do recall one incompetent Black guy at Merrill Lynch.

No the sites I go to don't have paywalls, otherwise I wouldn't go to them.

I am going to piggy back on a distinction you made about the difference between writer and reporters. Cynique was a writer and a thinker. Troy is a better thinker than writer. Pioneer is a better writer than thinker.

Even though I don't comment, I find the interaction between Stefan and daniellegfny interesting. Even you profile names are a study in contrast.

Hey @Delano despite what you write, I have recently begun describing myself as a "writer."  I recognize I'm not as good as most others who call themselves writers. 

I have taught a section on writing to prepare students for the GED test. I have been writing for this website for over 20 years. I have paid writers and edited their work for this site. I have been paid to write for other publications including a book

So while I don't go around boasting about it, or put if high on my set of skills, I include it.  Just some context 🙂

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Troy said:

So while I don't go around boasting about it, or put if high on my set of skills, I include it.  Just some context

You once said that you don't proof your post. You used to have lots of typos I was worse than you. A bit more context

What this says to me is that  you, and Troy, and Pioneer often write what you don't mean to write, and don't realize this.  This is something Mel never does.  Her writing is perfect. - Cynique

Nothing is perfect my friend 😉  I began to see that once was sophisticated enough to think about it.

Sure I write I can write something they did not actually mean to write, but if it is important enough and unclear someone else will ask for clarification or make a correction

Posting has becoming even more challenging as the auto correct and type ahead features can modify a post seemingly without you realizing it and introduce errors that are just bizarre.  [just now, looking over what I just wrote "auto correct" was written as "author correct."  I know I did not write "author"].

Of course simply going over what you have written will clean up a lot of problems.  Often the choice for me because of time (I'm rushing to write this as I have a plane to catch) is between clean copy or not posting at all. I err on posting .  I have corrected errors days -- even years after making a post, especially if I see it is being read frequently.

Different people have different levels of tolerance.  Cynique used to hate the @Pioneer1 often writes "definately" that never bothered me in the least, because I knew what he meant, but once she pointed it out I ways notice it.

Your writing was indeed riff with often unintelligible words I only gave you grief about it when you critique others for their writing.  I also assumed you were using a handheld, so I was willing tolerate it.

Even great writers benefit from editors, even then it is still not "perfect."  Good writers may strive for perfection, but recognize it is unachievable. Great writing comes really close and most writers are not great 🙂

You and I see things very differently. I feel  Cynique was saying was, that there weren't grammatical errors. It is interesting that you mention that you are time poor. Since when I said that I had more time than you, at my disposable you bristled. You may not have noticed but I have a different tone. Less mentally combative and argumentative. I am aware that my writing in the past was a cryptic both intentionally and unintentionally. 

If you are interested I can help you maximise your time or get the most out of your efforts.  

Although I have to say that I do enjoy writers when they post here. Their voice or style infuses their writing. 

When I was hanging out in New York I use to read at a few of the poetry nights. I read this controversial piece and another poet came up and liked the piece. He was the resident poet at the Langston Hughes House in Harlem. It was a poem where the first letter of the word followed the letter of the alphabet. I didn't know this was a type of poem. 

Arriving Bulldykes Can Decide F@#$ing Girls Has Its Joys, Knowingly Let Me Not Obey Pudendum Quivering Restraints ...
I can't remember the rest, I wrote it more than 20 years ago.