ALL ELECTIONS ARE LOCAL

Therefore, please vote on or before Tuesday, November 3, 2020 to help their community thrive.   For example here's Michigan's ballot sample  - if you notice there are only 3 federal races  president, U.S senators and U.S.  representatives.  The rest of the ballot contains questions relevant to this particular precinct, ward, county and city in Michigan.  Also, the referendums aren't written in everyday language so if you're not sure what the vote will mean for your community - check with your local election office. They should have someone who will tell you how your yes or no vote will impact the community.  Also if you want to see a sample ballot for your county -visit the secretary of state office online - there should be a link to access your county's sample ballot.  I got this Michigan ballot by filling out the form at https://vote.michigan.gov/PublicBallot

screenshot_2020-10-22-whats-on-the-ballo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Troy @Troy

See, this is what I'm talking about.
I totally support our people participating in LOCAL elections because this is where we stand to gain the most political and economic benefit.

Your vote is most likely to count and you get to meet the Candidate and talk to her/him one on one to see if your demands and desires will be addressed.

BTW, Biden is making the SAME mistake Hillary did in 2016 which is IGNORE the Black vote in Michigan.
1 1/2 million Black folks totally ignored.
They talk about how most of the AfroAmericans (like myself) in Michigan and Wisconsin stayed home in 2016, but they don't talk about how none of them came and pandered to us and gave us a REASON to vote for them.

Trump goes DIRECTLY to his base and has one rally after another.
He goes to the Whitest areas he can find in the middle of the woods and hypes the people up.

Does Biden go to the Black neighborhoods?
Did Hillary go to the 'hood and have rallies?

Biden comes to Michigan and instead of hitting up Black areas like Detroit, Flint, and Benton Harbor he run out to small hick-towns in the middle of pumpkin patches and gives speeches to a bunch of plaid-shirt wearing racists standing around with their arms folded with shit-eating grins on their faces who he knows DAMN WELL ain't gonna vote for him.

image.jpeg.f6e3fa04d32228b59a4bc074fdd24c80.jpeg

"Sure I'll vote for ya....
just gimme one good reason to!"

10 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

LOCAL elections because this is where we stand to gain the most political and economic benefit.

@Pioneer1 you inspired this post.  I've heard a lot of people say they want to help their community. If they got a chance to see the ballots before the election it may inspire them to do exactly that, talk to the candidates or even run for office themselves! 

If they got a chance to see the ballots before the election it may inspire them to do exactly that, talk to the candidates or even run for office themselves! 

True.

Seeing the ballot would help some and confuse others.

The Candidates better make sure they properly connected with their target voters.

A lot of people don't like for me to say this but......
Most people are politically ignorant and the more information and choices you give them the more confused they get.

This is why I say the SIMPLE TRUTH is the best approach for the average voter.

Trump and the other Republicans know this all too well (because they destroyed the educational system to purposely dumd down the population....lol).....which is why they speak in very simple and emotionally charged terms.....

image.jpeg.7aa6269450e1c793a92ef9903b02dddf.jpeg

"They wanna take away your guns!"
"They're taking prayer out of the classroom!"
"We need to open America back up!"

It might be a bunch of lies, but it's simple and easy to understand.

Anyway.......
My point is Candidates who genuinely want to help the AfroAmerican or poor communities MUST take as simple (and truthful) approach as possible in order to avoid confusion.

Contrary to popular belief, HYPERBOLE is an excellent tactic with poor and uneducated people even if you're trying to help them.

image.jpeg.475e1e244bc3c332f143fde6dbf0a121.jpeg

"I'm gonna to put more money in your pocket!"
"My opponent is a no good racist who just wants to lock Black folks up!"
"They wanna open up America to so more folks can get sick and die!"

You may exaggerate a little but atleast the people know you're on their side and are trying to help them. 
They won't be confused as to who to vote for come election day.

Confusion slows the momentum and takes away some of your energy because you have to stop moving and figure out which direction to go before continuing.
I've learned from years of community work that the plainer you make things to poor and uneducated people, the less confusion and more support you have.

Pioneer, if you want your people to continue suffering as they have for the past four years under Trump, then do discourage your own folks from casting their ballot for Joe Biden.

Biden is NOT ignoring anyone. He has plans to help all. 

If you're ticked off Biden  is not paying particular attention to Black men, this is our fault. Black women vote in greater numbers than Black men do. Their support can be counted on by Democratic candidates. Black male voters are finicky, wishy-washy and easily fooled. And what is worse, a variety of things tick Black men off. 

Tell the truth. How many Black men do you know of who opted to support Bernie Sanders and do not plan to vote for the Democratic Party standard bearer? They are all over the place. 

We will only have a seat at the table if we prove we belong there. My prediction is that unless they're completely out of their mind, most national candidates will first try to cajole and win the support of Black women voters. Because they know full well a clumsy dance move, a mispronounced Black celebrity's name or ignorance of the latest buzz in Black circles will doom them to weeks of endless condemnation by immature and easily angered Black men. 

Stefan

Umph....

Well......

*I'm going to PRETEND that I have no suspicions of you pandering to the Black female author (Mel) of this thread with your very pro-Black woman anti-Black man post.....lol.

Pioneer, if you want your people to continue suffering as they have for the past four years under Trump, then do discourage your own folks from casting their ballot for Joe Biden.

Except for the Covid 19, the suffering so many AfroAmericans are enduring DID NOT begin with the Trump administration.
It may or may not have escalated under it, but it certainly didn't begin under it.
If anything, AfroAmericans have become more race-conscious and enlightned as to the TRUE nature of this government and society under the Trump Administration as opposed to being blinded and laid down to sleep under the Obama delusion.

Biden is NOT ignoring anyone. He has plans to help all. 

And you know this, how?

Oh, because he SAID so...lol

And we all know White men say what they mean, so nevermind the question.

If you're ticked off Biden  is not paying particular attention to Black men, this is our fault. Black women vote in greater numbers than Black men do. Their support can be counted on by Democratic candidates. Black male voters are finicky, wishy-washy and easily fooled. 

And what is worse, a variety of things tick Black men off. 

.....Yeah, like being ignored and taken for granted.

Human beings operate off of REWARD AND PUNISHMENT.  It's basic human nature.
You want to encourage a particular behavior you REWARD IT.
If you want to discourage it then PUNISH IT or just ignore it...and it'll often times stop.

AfroAmericans in general and especially the men are tired of being ignored and even worse BLAMED by do-nothing politicians who make stupid boneheaded political moves that cost THEMSELVES the election like Hillary did and like Biden is doing right now.

Then turn around and blame everyone but themselves for their loss.

*You do nothing for and offer nothing to Black men, but then turn around and wonder why they don't bother voting for you.

*You won the election by 3 million votes but somehow ended up losing the electoral count.
....but instead of fighting it and taking it all the way to the Supreme Court you CONCEDE the dame election.

Then turn around and blame it on "Black men" claiming they didn't get out and vote for you in large enough numbers.....lol.
Give me a break.

Look, we want to be catered to also!
We want to vote FOR something for a change.
Instead of frightened into voting AGAINST someone and berated and lectured to by people who clearly don't care about us nor have our best interests in mind.

Tell the truth. How many Black men do you know of who opted to support Bernie Sanders and do not plan to vote for the Democratic Party standard bearer? They are all over the place. 

For what?

What the hell has Bernie, Biden, or even Harris for that matter promised to do for ANY AfroAmerican man specifically?

Has anyone guaranteed Universal Healthcare and backed that promise up with action?

Has anyone guaranteed unconditional high wage jobs and job training that would immediately improve the lives of millions of unemployed under educated AfroAmerican men around this nation?

Has anyone guaranteed an end to privatized prisons and excessive laws and punishments?

If not, what difference does it make to US (Black men) specifically who gets in office?
Maybe it'll make a difference to women, gays, or midgets.....don't mean shit to us because we experience the same thing despite WHO is in that office.

We will only have a seat at the table if we prove we belong there. 

See, and that's the difference between YOUR thinking and MY thinking.

You think AfroAmerican men need to make themselves busy trying to "prove" to White Supremacists that we deserve to be in their presence and at their table like Lazarus (Lazy-R-Us) begging at the table of the rich man for a few crumbs.

The fact is, it is the willingness of so many of our people to even PARTICIPATE in an obviously racist and corrupt system that keeps it propped up and keeps our people distracted and confused as to why so little progress is being made.

Get up Lazarus!
Stop begging Satan for the baddest coolest seats in hell!
Stop playing into Satan's divide-n-conquer schemes that pit Black men and women against eachother to the joy of a COMMON ENEMY.
Pull AWAY from the White Supremacist's goddamned table (system) and let it COLLAPSE and die a natural death!

.....so we can focus on building not just our own table but our own big beautiful banquet!

As an Adult, I Have Some Questions About the Movie Soul Food… –  melanatedandeducated

"Yall ready to eat?
Where Big Mama at??"

You know what's weird, lol.
I posted the above post a few hours ago and I just came across THIS article from The Hill  just a few minutes ago!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Black male voters are tired of being taken for granted

Sam Fulwood III, opinion contributor  1 hr ago

In these closing days of the 2020 presidential campaign, a remarkable and surprising measure of campaign attention is falling upon African American voters - specifically a small and typically overlooked segment: young Black men.

Black male voters are tired of being taken for granted | TheHill

Consider, for example, President Trump released last month his "Platinum Plan for Black America," which campaign officials promised to provide $500 billion in capital to create 3 million new jobs in Black communities and eliminate long-standing disparities in health care and education among Black Americans. And, to sweeten the deal for voters to reelect the Republican president, whom polls show lagging far behind his Democratic challenger, Trump pledged to make Juneteenth a federal, national holiday.

For those Black Americans born between 1990 and 2002, who are relatively new to the voting booth, the choice of political participation may be a moot point. Unlike their elders, who came up with fresh memories of civil rights activism, younger Black Americans aren't willing to tolerate voting for the lesser of two evils. They would just as soon stay home than compromise on their idealism.

To be sure, their preference is to participate in the nation's civic life, but that can be subordinated to their lack of trust in the political system to do right by them or their community.

Such a revelation makes the votes of young Black Americans more of a juicy target in 2020 than it has been in recent history. This year's presidential campaign has been waged against a backdrop of a domestic shutdown of businesses and social activities due to a global pandemic, widespread national and international demonstrations and street protests against a White police officer's killing of George Floyd and other brutal acts of widely reported police abuses against Black Americans. And, not to be ignored, the racially charged behavior of one presidential candidate and the widely debated role of another candidate in criminal justice reforms that severely impacted Black Americans play a role in shaping the views of Black voters.

One surprising finding keeps popping up across these studies, which helps explain why the campaigns are focusing novel attention on young Black men. Unlike their male counterparts, Black women not only vote at higher rates than Black men, but they are also the most loyal of all Democratic voters. In 2016, Trump won about 14 percent of the Black male vote while his support among Black women was nearly invisible. Indeed, current polls suggest a similar finding as Biden is the overwhelming choice among Black women and Black men far more receptive to consider voting for the president.

Ice Cube, a Los Angeles-based rapper, provoked headline-grabbing attention when he appeared to collaborate with the Trump administration on its Platinum Plan for Black America. Though he disavowed working with the administration and hasn't endorsed the president's reelection, an impression was cast. If not an official Trump endorser, he was at best being used by the Trump campaign to cleave off marginal Black support

Still, the outsized support for Trump among young Black men - relative to the larger Black community - is a curious political paradox. In our study, we found that 79 percent of young black Americans say Trump is a racist, 74 percent said he is "incompetent" and 73 percent disagree with most of his policies. Yet, many of them told us in focus groups that they admired how he "shows strength and defies the establishment."

By this measure, young Black men are rationally responding to their experience within of an American political system that for all of their lives has been either hostile or, more charitably stated, indifferent to their concerns that the political deck is stacked against them and that politicians - Democratic or Republican - just don't care about them.

Sam Fulwood III is a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress and a fellow at American University's Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies, where he conducted a study of Black swing voters in key battleground states. @SamFulwood.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/black-male-voters-are-tired-of-being-taken-for-granted/ar-BB1aiDIf?ocid=msedgntp

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That article was posted about an hour ago....atleast a an hour AFTER I posted what I posted before this!
This let's you know that MOST Black men in this society see through the bullshit and ain't feeling that garbage coming from Biden OR Trump.

Notice he mentions talking to Black swing voters in KEY BATTLEGROUND STATES.
He doesn't name them specifically but the only key battleground states are Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
States where Biden IGORES the Black communities.

Infact, the ONLY time I remember Biden or the Democratic leadership in general focusing on the Black population of a given area was in South Carolina...as if that was the ONLY place AfroAmericans live.

The South and Upper Midwest has the largest and highest concentration of AfroAmericans of ANY region of this nation, but them and their concerns have rountinly been ignored politically and in many cases socially. 

The media  and Hollywood is largely to blame for this but distorting the image of America and Americans.
I was watching the show "Insecure" about the social lives of professional Black women, supposedly set in LOS ANGELES of all places.

I tell anyone, if you believe that show represents reality then GO to Los Angeles and see if you can find 3 professional Black women walking around ANYWHERE in that city!
There are almost NO Black folks in Los Angeles today despite these delusional rap videos and television shows.

image.png