Perceptions about our power and future.

Guest Garland Gregory

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

AS

Does anyone else have a problem differentiating between the concepts of Culture and Intelligence?

Does anyone else (besides you) thinks it even matters?

Besides, culture is a REFLECTION of the group's collective intelligence.

Usually.......
High Intelligence = High Culture

As Pioneer obviously cannot differentiate between culture and intelligence, my questions stands....open to the board.

There are a lot of "unknown" factors about the two owners that would have really helped me to opine which was the more intelligent, however given ONLY the information you provided I would have to say #1.

Simply because you say they are SATISFIED and LIVED WELL.
That is success as far as I'm concerned.
And if you are smart enough to be successful in what you're doing and manage to live a well life, you are very intelligent in my opinion.

Does anyone understand the scenario? The question was not about the employees being satisfied or not. The question was:

Which owner is most "intelligent?"

Company owner #1, or company owner #2?

FAS I can't tell which owner is more intelligent, but I can tell you I would like to be the owner of and work for company #1.

If the goals of both owners was to maximize wealth, controlling for all other variables, one could easily argue owner #2 is more intelligent given she is more successful at generating more more profits.

America is optimized to encourage owner #2's, which is one reason wealth disparity is so high, workers are under so much strife, and our best and brightest clamor work for the likes of Facebook.

FAS

The question was not about the employees being satisfied or not. 

By "they" being satisfied I was referring to owner #1.

You said they were satisfied and lived well off of their profits.
Anyway
....I gave MY answer.

Troy

FAS I can't tell which owner is more intelligent, but I can tell you I would like to be the owner of and work for company #1.

That's what I'm saying......
It's hard to make an ACCURATE assessment of which is more intelligent with such a limited amount of information about them.

If the goals of both owners was to maximize wealth, controlling for all other variables, one could easily argue owner #2 is more intelligent given she is more successful at generating more more profits.

But according to FAS's scenario "long term" stategies weren't a consideration....only the here and now.

Oh, and the question is based on end resutl, which owner is most intelligent, NOT in the future or the long-run, but right now.

If we were to figure what would be the most intelligent LONG TERM strategy I would easily say #1 because treating your employees properly is the wisest strategy for long term success because it keeps things stable....but it didn't matter in this scenario.

America is optimized to encourage owner #2's, which is one reason wealth disparity is so high, workers are under so much strife, and our best and brightest clamor work for the likes of Facebook.

True.
Which is why the U.S. economy is under a perpetual state of collapse and must depend on usually harder working and/or better educated IMMIGRANT labor from Latin America, India, and East Asia to provide a continuous supply of workers to fill in the vacancies left by U.S. citizens who no longer capable of performing for various reasons.

image.jpeg.db916b57b39b4d05770fc6b993ca6e6a.jpeg

Each is better or more successful at their chosen "objective" You can think about intelligence as skill sets.

https://web.cortland.edu/andersmd/learning/MI theory.htm

Multiple Intelligences

According to MI Theory, identifying each student’s intelligences has strong ramifications in the classroom.  If a child's intelligence can be identified, then teachers can accommodate different children more successfully according to their orientation to learning.  Teachers in traditional classrooms primarily teach to the verbal/linguistic and mathematical/logical intelligences.  The nine intelligences are:

§      VISUAL/SPATIAL - children who learn best visually and organizing things spatially. They like to see what you are talking about in order to understand.  They enjoy charts, graphs, maps, tables, illustrations, art, puzzles, costumes - anything eye catching.

§      VERBAL/LINGUISTIC - children who demonstrate strength in the language arts: speaking, writing, reading, listening. These students have always been successful in traditional classrooms because their intelligence lends itself to traditional teaching.

§      MATHEMATICAL/LOGICAL - children who display an aptitude for numbers, reasoning and problem solving. This is the other half of the children who typically do well in traditional classrooms where teaching is logically sequenced and students are asked to conform.

§      BODILY/KINESTHETIC - children who experience learning best through activity: games, movement, hands-on tasks, building. These children were often labeled "overly active" in traditional classrooms where they were told to sit and be still!

§      MUSICAL/RHYTHMIC - children who learn well through songs, patterns, rhythms, instruments and musical expression. It is easy to overlook children with this intelligence in traditional education.

§      INTRAPERSONAL - children who are especially in touch with their own feelings, values and ideas. They may tend to be more reserved, but they are actually quite intuitive about what they learn and how it relates to themselves.

§      INTERPERSONAL - children who are noticeably people oriented and outgoing, and do their learning cooperatively in groups or with a partner. These children may have typically been identified as "talkative" or " too concerned about being social" in a traditional setting.

§      NATURALIST - children who love the outdoors, animals, field trips. More than this, though, these students love to pick up on subtle differences in meanings. The traditional classroom has not been accommodating to these children.

§      EXISTENTIALIST - children who learn in the context of where humankind stands in the "big picture" of existence. They ask "Why are we here?" and "What is our role in the world?" This intelligence is seen in the discipline of philosophy.

image.thumb.png.67e4e1649228f6797513e7753284b200.png

Since Howard Gardner’s original listing of the intelligences in Frames of Mind (1983) there has been a great deal of discussion as to other possible candidates for inclusion (or candidates for exclusion). Subsequent research and reflection by Howard Gardner and his colleagues has looked to three particular possibilities: a naturalist intelligence, a spiritual intelligence and an existential intelligence. He has concluded that the first of these ‘merits addition to the list of the original seven intelligences’ (Gardner 1999: 52).

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Simply because you say they are SATISFIED and LIVED WELL.

1. The question had nothing to do with 'success.' The question was about intelligence, specifically, which owner is MORE intelligent (going along with your white people are more intelligent than black people vs. my "a culture that produces the greatest killers the world has ever known" cannot BUT prevail when dealing with cultures that do not celebrate murderers. e.g., Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, Machine Gun Kelly, et al

2. Had I known nothing about you at all, I would know you are of the "I am because WE are" culture - homing in on the employees happy and with a living wage - rather than the "I think therefore I am" culture (it's all about me and my desires); and your readiness to dismiss #2 as being less intelligent than #1 had I not put in the caveat, in the here and know rather than the long run. That was the point - beating down employees, stripping them of self-respect, of a living wage to gather all the wealth unto a single individual, comes out of a NON-BLACK culture. Has nothing to do with intelligence, and how well one succeeds is a measure of an individual, not a group. What IS success, is a measure of the culture in which one was raised:

Denigrating employees, paying them poorly, all the while amassing GREAT wealth from their labor - black culture says you're a pig and deserve to die.
Denigrating employees, paying them poorly, all the while amassing GREAT wealth from their labor - white culture says you're a success, one to be emulated, They may tsk, tsk, but no white is going to "shun" another white for gathering all the wealth unto them at the expense of the rest of the world.

Oh, and btw, even though how the employees fared under each owner was NOT the question ...lol, you (unwittingly) focused in IMMEDIATELY on.... the culture of each company. How you treat others comes out of the culture you were raised in. Whether it's acceptable or unacceptable, i.e., how human beings are supposed to act toward each other. In short, black culture says employees should be treated with at least a modicum of dignity and respect; in the eyes of the average black person, any less treatment puts an employer outside the pale, i.e., they will talk about your azz like a dog.

White culture says that while perhaps, unfortunate, it is what it is. Upshot, they will put company owner #2 up on a pedestal and bow down to him like a god. Think about it: Every other black person castigates Oprah for not letting them spend her money for her '"she ought to be giving that money to programs that help po' black folk!" Ever hear a white person castigate Jeff Bezos for not fixing the problems of the white poor?  Our culture says you are your brother's keeper, i.e., I am because WE are; white culture says it's all about you, the me, me, me! INDIVIDUAL, i.e., I am because I think (everybody else, I got mine; you get yours.... and it's an acceptable position to take). 

Not intelligence was being measured in the 2 company owners, but culture, i.e., group norms. As for who's the most intelligent... who knows? There's not enough info.

And that's all I have to say on the "slippery" concept of Culture.

FAS

The question had nothing to do with 'success.' The question was about intelligence, specifically, which owner is MORE intelligent

Which is why I SAID:

" however given ONLY the information you provided I would have to say #1.

Simply because you say they are SATISFIED and LIVED WELL.
And if you are smart enough to be successful in what you're doing and manage to live a well life, you are very intelligent in my opinion."

. Had I known nothing about you at all, I would know you are of the "I am because WE are" culture - homing in on the employees happy and with a living wage - rather than the "I think therefore I am" culture (it's all about me and my desires);

Ofcourse......
Most Black people are because it's in our NATURE, not just our various "cultures" which are merely a REFLECTION of our innate natures.

Here's why......

Nearly all AfroAmericans pretty much practice a CAUCASIAN based culture that may have many different influences and innovations but is STILL primarily of British/Germanic background.  Yet, unlike most Caucasians whom you've pointed out have an "it's all about me.... fuck the rest-a-yall" attitude...most AfroAmericans instinctively look at things from a collectivist point of view and are concerned about others in the community.
How would you explain this difference even though BOTH groups (Caucasian Americans and AfroAmericans) were born and raised in the same nation practicing the same general culture?

So the reasons for these differences isn't cultural so much as it's having to do with their being two different NATURES as two different racial groups.

Denigrating employees, paying them poorly, all the while amassing GREAT wealth from their labor - black culture says you're a pig and deserve to die.
Denigrating employees, paying them poorly, all the while amassing GREAT wealth from their labor - white culture says you're a success, one to be emulated, 

I understand the point you're making, but I think you're confusing innate NATURE with "culture".

You speak of "Black culture" and "White culture" as if they are monolithic.  
There are MANY vastly different cultures even among Africans.....as well as among Caucasians.

Much of YOUR point deal less with actual CULTURE (diet, dress, music, ect....) and more with the very sociological and pyschological make-up of the people themselves that go DEEPER than mere cultural upbringing and whether or not my people eat RICE as opposed to PASTA.

The NATURE of a people goes beyond culture and reaches to the very reasons for their existence.
African people and Caucasian people EXIST for two different purposes, and this is subconsciously KNOWN by most Caucasians...which drives them to do what they do regardless of which culture they may find themselves in.
The Caucasian ARAB is just as racist and exploitational as the Christian MORMON.

The exploitational and hateful behavior of Caucasians has little to do with "culture" and more to do with an inner psychological drive to dominate and mistreat people of color. Which is why no matter WHAT "culture" you drop Caucasians off in...their behavior will pretty much be the same.  A high intelligence just gives them the ABILITY to carry out those exploitational and hateful tendencies with exceptional successfulness.

But I have to admit that was a pretty slick operation you pulled off to make your point.  ;)

47 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

FAS

The question had nothing to do with 'success.' The question was about intelligence, specifically, which owner is MORE intelligent

Which is why I SAID:

And if you are smart enough to be successful in what you're doing and manage to live a well life, you are very intelligent in my opinion."

And what you said did not address the question, period.... which is why I pointed out the question had nothing to do with success or who is most successful.

. Had I known nothing about you at all, I would know you are of the "I am because WE are" culture - homing in on the employees happy and with a living wage - rather than the "I think therefore I am" culture (it's all about me and my desires);

Ofcourse......
Most Black people are because it's in our NATURE, not just our various "cultures" which are merely a REFLECTION of our innate natures.

You are positing an "opinion," one based on no verifiable facts.

Much of YOUR point deal less with actual CULTURE (diet, dress, music, ect....) and more with the very sociological and pyschological make-up of the people themselves that go DEEPER than mere cultural upbringing and whether or not my people eat RICE as opposed to PASTA.

The above is why I said the concept of Culture is slippery. Some never get it, so moving on....

I know I'm going to regret this but I'm just astonished by your STAWMAN Arguments:

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Much of YOUR point deal less with actual CULTURE (diet, dress, music, ect....)

I said nothing even remotely like the above.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I think you're confusing innate NATURE with "culture"

I copied the following quote from your post, but the statement about "running" is mine; your post, my statement:

On 11/5/2020 at 7:40 AM, Pioneer1 said:

how you walk, run (seriously, you can't see a shadow of a man running down the street and not be able to tell if he's black or white... just from the way he runs?

Tell me, what "nature" causes white men and black men to "run" differently? And I'm talking the AVERAGE white/black man running down a city street, not a track and fielder. And whatever you do, DON'T spin it, deflect away from my point, set up another STRAWMAN ARGUMENT that you can knock down,

Btw, it has been said that when a formerly all-white school turns 30% black, the school's culture turns black. And no, it doesn't mean that all of a sudden, the white kids start craving chittlin's. Individuals have natures; groups have C.U.L.T.U.R.E.S.

Ditch the Strawmen, can the deflections and try a little honesty in debate.

FAS

And what you said did not address the question, period.... 

FAS: Which owner is most "intelligent?"

Pioneer1: however given ONLY the information you provided I would have to say #1.

I answered your question....PERIOD.

Running around claiming that White people all have the same monolithic "culture"....is the EPITOME of your accusation.

The above is why I said the concept of Culture is slippery. Some never get it, so moving on....

No.
I can tell by the way you USE the word "culture" that you don't have a proper understanding of it's definition and THAT'S why the concept of it is "slippery" to you.

Hell, the concept of a KITCHEN is "slippery" to someone who doesn't know the definition of one.....lol.

Indian men resting by the bonfire with their camel | Royalty free photo -  423432

"What?
A room that you can cook AND eat in it????
Never head of nothing like that before.
That's a mighty SLIPPERY SLOPE you're trying to lead us  up!"

I said nothing even remotely like the above.

I know.
Because THAT is what culture actually is: dress, diet, language, religion, ect...

But you weren't talking about THAT, which is why I said you weren't actually talking about CULTURE.

Tell me, what "nature" causes white men and black men to "run" differently? And I'm talking the AVERAGE white/black man running down a city street, not a track and fielder. And whatever you do, DON'T spin it, deflect away from my point

Tell me where and what context did you get that "quote" from?

Show me the page so that I may see the context of it.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

FAS

And what you said did not address the question, period.... 

FAS: Which owner is most "intelligent?"

Pioneer1: however given ONLY the information you provided I would have to say #1.

I answered your question....PERIOD.

This is what I meant about dishonesty in debate. You pulled a part of your original answer out of context and are now pretending that was your ENTIRE answer. The conversation was about "intelligence"  because you stated vigorously that white people are more intelligent than blacks

Running around claiming that White people all have the same monolithic "culture"....is the EPITOME of your accusation.

. When I posited that what you were calling intelligent, the destruction of peoples and civilizations, came out of a culture of viewing people like you and I and most on this forum, as sub-human. 

17 hours ago, Guest FAS said:
18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

FAS

Which is why I SAID:

And what you said did not address the question, period.... which is why I pointed out the question had nothing to do with success or who is most successful.

Your answer was a Strawman Argument/Fallacy, a misrepresentation, deflection, i.e.,  setting up the Strawman SUCCESS as the subject

Never said there were not cultures within cultures, neither black NOR white. Still, unlike your "opinion,"  I can post corroboration of my premise:

What is the definition of "white culture"?
White culture provides a normative standard of behavior for one living in a system of white privilege. These norms are usually manifested in the arrogance of white entitlement - an assumption of how a white person expects to be treated in the world.

my premise: Remember when I said whites were destroyers of civilizations (btw, an OBJECTIVE fact), and I said the impetus for such wanton destruction was a result of their "culture." Rephrasing: White culture provides a normative standard of behavior for one dealing with non-whites....

African Culture

In African culture, the “self” is not separate from the world, it is united and intermingled with the natural and social environment.

It is through relations with one’s community and surroundings that an individual becomes a person of volition, whose actions and decisions affect the entire group rather than just oneself. (Remember: I am because WE are?)

There is a Xhosa proverb that is common to all African cultures and languages, “Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu,” (“A person is a person through persons”). (I am because WE are)

The rich and diverse African culture varies not only from one country to another, (no "monolith) but within each country as well. The culture of each ethnic group centres on family and can be found in each group’s art, music and oral literature. (which is why I spoke of Business Culture and School Culture - all within the overall culture, black OR white)

No.
I can tell by the way you USE the word "culture" that you don't have a proper understanding of it's definition and THAT'S why the concept of it is "slippery" to you.

Hell, the concept of a KITCHEN is "slippery" to someone who doesn't know the definition of one.....lol.

I'm going to leave this and the other sadly uninformed others that follow, alone....lol

btw, Troy has helped you out a couple of times before when he refused to post my replies to your... uninformedness. Pick up your big boy pants and stand on your own two feet. Either that or cease with the false, unfounded and repulsive attacks, corroborated only by the brutha at the gas station, on MY people's "inferior" intelligence.

1 hour ago, Guest FAS said:

btw, Troy has helped you out a couple of times before when he refused to post my replies to your...

Don't even try it FAS, if I missed approving any of your messages that is YOUR FAULT. Create and account; I'm not your personal secretary ... 

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Don't even try it FAS, if I missed approving any of your messages that is YOUR FAULT. Create and account; I'm not your personal secretary ... 

Not trying anything. TWICE, I posted a reply to one of Pioneer's posts directed at me that I found insulting. If I recall, I was pissed and they were some of the most scathing retorts I've ever given. I don't recall the posts OR the topics, so I can't point them out. Reason is that once I'm done with a subject, I tend to forget any disagreements and "move on...." Something others should emulate, I might add -- although oddly, I've noticed Daniel seems to be of the same mindset... usually....lol

FAS (Full-A-Shit)

Now I know what  FAS stands for....lol.

This is what I meant about dishonesty in debate. 

Problem is....YOU'RE not "debating".

A debate is when both sides challenge eachother's points with counter-points and more points of their own.

YOU aren't doing that.

YOU are throwing a hissy fit...lol.

Your reliable refusal to concede  on ANY point I or anyone else makes when in the middle of even the mildest of disagreements with you is a CLEAR sign of your mal-adjusted and hyper-emotional disposition.

You need help!

But the only thing you'll get from arguing with ME is hurt feelings, lol.

You pulled a part of your original answer out of context and are now pretending that was your ENTIRE answer. 

You know...
You're the first person I ever heard who accused a person of taking THEIR OWN WORDS out of context....lol.

But you're wrong.
It wasn't ME pretending that the snippet I brought to your attention was my ENTIRE answer....  
It was that Strawman living in your imagination that suggested this to you...lol.

HE is the one filling your head with all of those insane delusional arguments that you so desperately need to argue against in order to actually win sometimes...lol.

image.jpeg.ac991e9275c262a8792efedc7d529435.jpeg

"You know Dorothy, potato chips are really made of cucumbers!"

image.jpeg.2d0238ad8c3985ab465383ea9e36d860.jpeg

"No, they're not Mr. Strawman....that's pure bunk!
They're made from POTATOES.
That's why they're called POTATO CHIPS."

image.jpeg.89333f68310d3c2a1fcc0c34f38ac9ef.jpeg

"Oh...
you're right."

image.jpeg.7eb654a1ac2e3a56fcf10fbb51ee9957.jpeg

"Well, looks like I won another one!
Tee hee hee......"

When I posited that what you were calling intelligent, the destruction of peoples and civilizations

No, no, no......

It wasn't ME who said that.
You're confusing me with Mr. Strawman!

You really need to look deep within yourself and take that up with HIM, not me.  
I never said it and you won't find a quote of me saying it.

Your answer was a Strawman 

But you answer TO the Strawman...lol.

image.jpeg.6ff13d4ea6685157cf5188b7e75a85a0.jpeg

Argument/Fallacy, a misrepresentation, deflection, i.e.,  setting up the Strawman SUCCESS as the subject

Mr. Strawman NEEDS NO set up in YOUR mind.
He already has a home there.

The fields are bountiful and the harvest is plenty!

Day 40: Grant Scarecrow in a Cornfield by MikeTheRaptor on DeviantArt

What is the definition of "white culture"?
White culture provides a normative standard of behavior for one living in a system of white privilege. These norms are usually manifested in the arrogance of white entitlement - an assumption of how a white person expects to be treated in the world.

I don't know which part of your so-called "definition" is sillier:

1. The fact that it NAMES  ITSELF in it's very definition 

Question: What is white culture?
Answer: White culture.....

Or 

The fact that it defines itself by listing what it offers.

Question: What is white culture?
Answer: White culture provides a.....lol.

Question: What is a car?
Answer: A car provides heated seats......lol.

Troy has helped you out a couple of times before when he refused to post my replies to your... uninformedness.

Well, Troy has to help you out ALL the time because you don't have an account....lol.

But who can blame you?

When you don't have a phone of your own and have to sneak one away from time to time, why bother registering for something if you never know when you'll be able to access it?

You said you've been lurking this site for nearly 15 years....yet you won't commit to getting an account.
That's like a man who refuses to marry a woman....but hides out in her backyard for 15 years peeping through and tapping on her windows, lol.

box-man-through-window

"My Strawman is falling apart out here
in the rain!"

Pick up your big boy pants and stand on your own two feet. 

That advice may have helped YOU last year, but I've never been in a position where I needed to be told that, lol.

But hey, whatever keeps you from wetting the bed at night.

Either that or cease with the false, unfounded and repulsive attacks, corroborated only by the brutha at the gas station, on MY people's "inferior" intelligence.

Why?

Your  disturbing inability (or unwillingness) to COMPREHEND my crystal clear responses are doing more to corroborate my assertions than all of the examples I've offered thus far....lol.

On a more serious note......

It's a damn shame so many AfroAmericans have such a hard time having basic conversations with eachother let alone debates and intellectual arguments WITHOUT them devolving into name calling, hostility, vicious insults, and too often eventual threats.

These observations aren't a result of my recent exchanges with FAS or anyone else on this site but from what I've observed AROUND THE INTERNET as well as what I've observed in real life among AfroAmericans for decades!

Caucasians and East Asians can disagree with eachother for WEEKS about a particular topic and it never gets to the point of name calling or questioning eachother's intelligence or manhood.

They'll huff and puff and turn red and walk away BEFORE it gets to some of the shit I see going on with many of our people..
One usually backs down either out of cowardice or in the name of civility.

Infact, they can disagree with eachother over politics and religion and end up MARRYING eachother!

On the other hand, you can be dating a Black woman for 3 months and be crazy about eachother but  all it takes is ONE off-the-cuff conversation about Jesus that happens to go left...and she wants you out of her life, lol.

Overcoming the “Angry Black Woman” Trope – Shamis2020.com

"You can come to here...STOP at the
front door....and pick up that little cheap
ass bottle of perfume and give it to 
SOMEBODY ELSE, if you want to.
If not, I'm about to throw that shit away!"

I've paid close attention to how other races and ethnic groups usually disagree with eachother online, on television, and even in real life.
Yes they get heated and SOMETIMES threats and fights break out, but for the MAJORITY of cases.....they just....won't go there!

Many of our people seem to go from 0 to 100 after a couple exchanges!

The former poster Stefan comes to mind.

We just questioned the information the brother presented in one thread and you'd think someone accused him of a sex crime!

image.jpeg.b4bfb8b901da40c8120e8444ab29821b.jpeg

"What?
How DARE you question MY integrity or the credibility of the
information I  so graciously provided you with about Black men
and their support for Trump!

I DEMAND more respect around here!

I WILL NOT have my words challenged!

I DEMAND you close down my account and erase all traces of my
participation in this ABHORRENT environment!!"

.........goddam!

Even apologies and attempts to see eye-to-eye weren't enough.
No sit downs.
No meeting of the minds.
No....ok, let's agree to disagree and move on.
The relationship is just.....OVER.

The ONLY options are 100% agreement or WAR....nothing else in between.

Now to be honest about myself,  there ARE certain things that will set me off but questioning my credibility or criticizing my beliefs aren't one of them.

The super emotionalism that so many of our people exhibit over the most MINOR of disagreements and perceived offenses is both frightening and sad at the same time.

There seems to be a deep down extreme dislike and lack of basic respect for another brother or sister that many of our people harbor and it's just WAITING for any opportunity to come out and present itself.

image.jpeg.ca1b5633830c11658bb5277781b42183.jpeg

"Here I am!"

The only thing I can attribute it to is........

I guess when you've been beat down and disrespected for so long in society like many AfroAmerican have been-
When your inhumanity and oppression is actually INSTITUTIONALIZED-
Not only do you take advantage of every opportunity to gain and maintain respect and be thought of as smart and important; but you are ready to go to war with anyone and everyone who poses a threat to your fragile and sensitive esteem.

This is one of the reasons I say we need to move into the "new world" with new rules and a standard code of how we relate to eachother.
How can a society find success and progress without a safe and responsible way to manage and resolve disagreements?

What I'm saying may sound minor and of little importance RIGHT NOW, because in the back of your minds you still rely on Caucasians keeping law and order if things get out of hand.
But when they no longer have the power they currently have and it's JUST US in the community having to relate to eachother.
....then you'll see the importance of WHY we need to know how to safely and successful resolve our conflicts with eachother!

FAS create an account I'm too busy to have to chase around your posts to approve them -- especially if you are going to accuse me of deliberately NOT approving.

23 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Since FAS isn't registered, I anticipate you're going to have some work cut out for you.....lol.

Nope my work is done. The post above is the last one I'm approving for FAS.  Really, I'm fully pegged right now, and given FAS's attitude I'm can't be bothered.

It's a damn shame so many AfroAmericans have such a hard time having basic conversations with eachother let alone debates and intellectual arguments WITHOUT them devolving into name calling, hostility, vicious insults, and too often eventual threats.

Be the change 

5 hours ago, Delano said:

Be the change 

Can't do it by myself.
It takes more than only ONE person being nice for a society to get along.

People quote that "be the change you want to see"  cliche a lot but it's hard in real life for ANYONE to change themselves if their society and environment hasn't because most people's behavior is heavily influenced BY their environment.

You can talk about quitting a gang and dropping out of it all you want, but if all you got going on around you is GANGBANGING and killing and you're the only one talking about peace......the killing will continue and you may even end up a victim yourself despite your desires.

It takes a community effort to get along.

Take YOU for example.....(since you raised your finger and decided to say something....lol)

We've been posting on this site for years together and have had countless exchanges.
We've "rewarded" eachother from time to time, but when was the last time you said:  "That was a GREAT point you made Pioneer!"   ?
When was the last time I said it to YOU?

You mean to tell me that as much as I run my mouth on this board, NOTHING I've posted lately has made you say: 
"Hmmmm, you're right.....interesting point."  

Hell, even a BROKEN clock is right twice a day!

Now when it comes to message boards, I admit that it makes for good conversation and discussion when we EXCHANGE points and often times disagree with eachother.
If I agree with EVERYTHING you say ALL the time...that would probably be pretty boring.
Disagreement in and of itself isn't necessarily the problem.
But it's HOW we disagree with eachother that I'm taking issue with.

This lack of respect and seeming lack of even a DESIRE to get along with your fellow brother or sister.

I criticize my peops a lot...but I LOVE AfroAmericans and want the best for us collectively.
I don't go out of my way to fight and argue with my brothers and sisters.
But it seems as if a lot of our people do.

It seems to me that a lot of our people have simply given up on or could care less about unity or even getting along with other AfroAmericans in general.
They may seek A PARTICULAR AfroAmerican whom they want to marry or do business with...and try to befriend and get along with THEM.
But as far as collective unity...it seems to be the furthest from their minds.

On the other hand they're grinning at and passing out free hugs to every White man who walks past them.

Black Man Hugs White Supremacist Outside Richard Spencer Event, Asks Him  'Why Do You Hate Me?' | wnep.com

A gang member can find it within himself to hug a NeoNazi White Supremacist and help "stop the hate"

But he can't find it within himself to stop gang-banging and fighting with other Black people who may be of a different gang.
Ask him to do THAT...make peace with another Black man....and he pulls the microphone off and ends the interview.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

We've been posting on this site for years together and have had countless exchanges.
We've "rewarded" eachother from time to time, but when was the last time you said:  "That was a GREAT point you made Pioneer!"   ?

@Delano, told "you" to be the change, he did not say anything about him being the change 😉

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

A gang member can find it within himself to hug a NeoNazi White Supremacist and help "stop the hate"

But he can't find it within himself to stop gang-banging and fighting with other Black people who may be of a different gang.
Ask him to do THAT...make peace with another Black man....and he pulls the microphone off and ends the interview.

Of course this too is a broad generalization, but I hate to say I've seen too many parallels in life to completely discount it. It goes back to the "white man's ice is colder" cliché."   Van Jones crying for Biden's win, but nary a tear for all the things @harry brown mentioned. Folks buying everything from Amazon, but overlooking Black stores -- even the ones in their own neighborhoods....

35 minutes ago, Troy said:

@Delano, told "you" to be the change, he did not say anything about him being the change

I have changed how I communicate . I have little desire to convince anyone or encourage different thinking. Last year I would argue points. Then at some point I said I am done arguing, I don't see the point. And then I dropped out of most conversations.

Troy

told "you" to be the change, he did not say anything about him being the change

It certainly SEEMS like that's where he's going with it.

Of course this too is a broad generalization, but I hate to say I've seen too many parallels in life to completely discount it. It goes back to the "white man's ice is colder" cliché."   

The biggest goal in the lives of MOST AfroAmericans is to be accepted and loved by Caucasians.
That's all that counts for most of them.

As far as the average negro is concerned you can:

-Keep the wealth.
-Keep the power.
-Keep the knowledge of civilization.

Just show him which way did the White folks go!

All they want is for White people to pet them on the head, give them a hug, and tell them how much they love and respect them!

That's a "good" White person as far as they're concerned.

When they run into a Black man like ME who would rather not be around them and don't seek their approval, they can't figure that out.

Unless a Caucasian is in a position of authority like a judge, police officer, doctor, ect....who can help me or has something of value to offer....I pretty much avoid them.

Not out of anger or hatred.

I just really don't have much of a desire to be around them knowing what I know.

Most Black people can't understand that..lol.

Because being close to a White man is the epitome of success for a lot of them!

man-in-car-400x300.jpg - Black Enterprise

"Man....

Which way did the White folks go?????

I know I saw some walking around here earlier."

Del

I have changed how I communicate . I have little desire to convince anyone or encourage different thinking. Last year I would argue points. Then at some point I said I am done arguing, I don't see the point. And then I dropped out of most conversations.

If I hadn't known any better, I'd say you moved to Australia to be around as many Caucasians and Asians as you could find...lol.

10 hours ago, Troy said:

Nope my work is done. The post above is the last one I'm approving for FAS.  Really, I'm fully pegged right now, and given FAS's attitude I'm can't be bothered.

As is any indecision on my part to join the club...lol

Seriously, though, since it's "just us..." (lol) It wasn't just Groucho's "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member" that ruled my hesitation.

No, it started with my dad who told us growing up: "If eva I catch you messing round with any o' dose gangs, I'll beat the black off you!" (lol) And other than my dad who btw, was in the home before I was born and was still there when he died, one of my greatest influences and mentor, Dr. Anderson Thompson (may he RIP) who when I first starting posting on MB's, warned me: "Consider your audience. Your post will be read by not only the people you want to talk to, but by some you don't want to know what's going on in your head. Too much info and you can impact other brothers about their "own" business, so keep it clean and stay anonymous."

Brothers have reasons for doing what they do. I get yours, and if I were in your shoes, I'd prolly follow suit. IDK, but I respect your decision. 

Peace out.

Del

Man.....
Trying to talk with you is like talking to a squirrel in a tree...lol.

Pioneer:  Hey man!

Researchers explore how rodents save for hard times | Daily Mail Online

Pioneer:  I see you're thinking about coming out for a little sun, huh?

"I guess I am........."

Pioneer:  Well........I'm gonna be on my way now.  You take care man!   Peace!

• Like 1

"The biggest goal in the lives of MOST AfroAmericans is to be accepted and loved by Caucasians.
That's all that counts for most of them.

All they want is for White people to pet them on the head, give them a hug, and tell them how much they love and respect them!

That's a "good" White person as far as they're concerned."

(I cannot figure out how to use the quote system on this site)

Ok, the little picture of the squirrel got me! hahahaha

I wasn't even going to chime in.  I was enjoying just reading from the sidelines.  But it reminds me of a truth in animal behavior.  The prey animal's behavior/being is shaped by the predator . . .  A bird loses the ability to fly when flight is no longer needed to escape a ground predator.

Similarly, many Black people may hold cultural scars.  Not individual choices, but learned strategies for survival in these conditions that seem counter-intuitive to an observer . . . Does this squirrel have some innate knowledge about its own fragility we don't understand?

Observe: Lil Wayne rejects BLM and promotes gangs instead (1m 20s)

What I see in not an individual making a choice, but rather, his logic having been shaped by generational experiences telling him not to screw up his current fortunes.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:20 PM, Guest Garland Gregory said:

After 30 years of teaching political science to the millennial generation, I'm curious about your perceptions of pessimism or optimism.)

I have seen the change for the better. The biggest challenge is what direction Blacks want to go. Are they going to seek retribution or assimilation. Do we wish you use our skin color as a marketing tool or focus on principles which supersede skin color. 

I am very optimistic because more Blacks than ever are going to continue walking forward with the rest of society.

Del

For variety try talking to the tree.

I'm concerned that the tree MIGHT start talking back to me.

Once you open THAT door, it may be kinda hard to close....lol.

Jeffrey

Ok, the little picture of the squirrel got me! hahahaha

Lol, that was the purpose of it.
I knew SOMEONE would find it entertaining!

What I see in not an individual making a choice, but rather, his logic having been shaped by generational experiences telling him not to screw up his current fortunes.

When we look even deeper what we'll see are people with no MORALS because they have no CULTURE.

In other words.......
When you don't a culture that teaches you specifically that it's WRONG (morals) to rap about killing, selling dope, using dope, and mistreating women and then punishes you for it when or if you do.....then you have little problem doing it for money!

If we had an actual CULTURE that not only taught that the behavior of most of these rappers like Lil Wayne and 50 Cent are engaging in is CLEARLY WRONG and will get them punished...then no amount of money would be able to tempt them because their conscience wouldn't allow them to sell violence and poision in their music or choose Trump to save a few dollars in taxes.

People with no culture or morals will sell out their own MOTHERS if it means stuffing a few extra dollars in their pockets.
Why not?
What would be the consequences of it to a people who don't have any rules or standards?

Daniel

I am very optimistic because more Blacks than ever are going to continue walking forward with the rest of society.

Some Blacks are "walking forward" with the rest of society alright..............

Go to Hell!” - God

Martin Luther King's concern that he was integrating his people into a BURNING HOUSE comes to mind.

Dan

King needs to interpreted through the lens of Christian Theology and Western Philosophy and History.

It wasn't Christian Theology that convinced MLK that he was making a mistake by trying to integrate his people with the seed of Satan, it was his meeting with the Honorable Elijah Muhammad.

Pin on Martin Luther King Jr.

If you follow Dr. King's work.....
All of his speeches AFTER that meeting were of a different tone than before it.

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It wasn't Christian Theology that convinced MLK that he was making a mistake by trying to integrate his people with the seed of Satan, it was his meeting with the Honorable Elijah Muhammad

Talk about twisting history. The floor with that thinking is that Malcolm X changed his position away from Elijah Mohammed when he went to Mecca so why do you think that tune meeting Elijah Mohammed will move them closer to that philosophy

Dan

so why do you think that tune meeting Elijah Mohammed will move them closer to that philosophy

Because Elijah Muhammad probably exposed him to secret teachings and histories that he wasn't taught in the traditional academic schools or even Seminary School;  like the origin of Christianity, the origin of the Caucasian race, and the origins of the Bible.

Most Christian preachers at that time....or this time....weren't taught this and STILL don't know it.
But there are some who manage to find out on their own by being told (like MLK was) or through intense study.
Then they have a number of options:

1. Either continue teaching Black people lies.
2. Figure out how to remain a preacher but slowly reveal the truth to the people
3. Leave the church all together in disgust and find a new belief system

MLK chose the 2nd option.

Martin....being a SINCERE man.....probably (because I don't know I wasn't there) recognized the truth and accepted it and then used his genius to formulate a NEW philosophy of political and social activism that put less stress on integration and more stress on AfroAmerican independence.

6 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Because Elijah Muhammad probably exposed him to secret teachings and histories that he wasn't taught in the traditional academic schools or even Seminary School;  like the origin of Christianity, the origin of the Caucasian race, and the origins of the Bible.

Don’t believe the hype. Lisha Mohamed basically promoted the concept that a white man was the prophet who led him to Islam 

Dan

Don’t believe the hype. Lisha Mohamed basically promoted the concept that a white man was the prophet who led him to Islam 

Huh?
Who the hell is "Lisha Mohamed"?

Lol.....man, where are you getting these strange beliefs from?

Trying to have a conversation with Del is like trying to have one with a squirrel......
And trying to have one with YOU is like trying to have a conversation with a gopher:

Pioneer:   You know, Elijah Muhammad taught Malcolm X

image.jpeg.a4ce003c32182008fb81941c2c248989.jpeg

"No he didn't....a White man taught Malcolm"

Pioneer:  What?  Man, where did you hear THAT at?

image.jpeg.1073d4aaebfb28629a47503129cc857e.jpeg

Pioneer:  Hello?   You still there?

image.jpeg.f561333fc2e9c9ee91ae35a94eb10e1a.jpeg

"Malcolm X was a Black
Conservative Republican!!!"

Pioneer:  What?????  Man, who TOLD you that shit?

Pioneer:  Huh?

Gopher (Geomys bursarius) | AZAnimals.com

"I ain't no mole....
Don't treat me like one!"

Just a big ball of nonsense, ducking and dodging and going in circles....lol.

@Pioneer1by your standards we have is a White man here “Wallace Fard was arrested in Detroit for "conversion" on May 26, 1933. His serial number there was 45138. He was described as "White Male, 33, 127 lbs, 5'6", Slim build, black hair, maroon eyes, Arabian." W.D. Fard was thus recognized by the DPD as a white skinned Arab.”

image.png.3d91ad890f29de7e02316370cf2c9e09.png Looks like a white man to me.

Daniel

Thus says the Lord, “Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him” 

What kind of "Lord" do you believe in Who calls His own children "fools"???

If your "Lord" recognizes a man as a fool, why doesn't He help that man and give him wisdom like Solomon?

On 11/13/2020 at 7:30 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Pioneer:  Hello?   You still there?

Lol!

On 11/13/2020 at 2:16 PM, daniellegfny said:

W.D. Fard was thus recognized by the DPD as a white skinned Arab.”

image.png.3d91ad890f29de7e02316370cf2c9e09.png

Looks like a white man to me.

@Pioneer1 you've never hesitated to ascribe racial designations to any other human. Is the person pictured Black?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, daniellegfny said:

He scurried the Nation gonna got him.

Well you should be even more scurried that the Nation is gonna "got" YOU....lol.

Del

A lukewarm response 

If IMITATION is the highest form of flattery....you should have been flattered into ecstasy by my "lukewarm" response.

• Haha 1