The White Way or The RIGHT Way?

After years of doing what I "thought" were the right things in life I'm beginning to understand that.....atleast for myself personally.....following the rules and taking the advice that Caucasians give for success doesn't work most of the time for me and it doesn't seem to work for MOST OTHER AfroAmericans either.

From my personal experiences and observations, following MY OWN rules or the rules and advice of other successful AfroAmericans work much much better and yeild more successful results.

I like what Dr. Boyce Watkins said recently:

He said Black men and women need to make OUR OWN rules.
He said you aren't gong to be successful letting Caucasians TELL YOU how to be....lol.

Now I've known this for years before he said it, but it's always good to hear another person bear-witness to and articulate what you've been thinking and saying.

How many of you have had the same experiences in life?

How many of you have noticed that when you listen to Caucasians either on the job or in other areas of life no matter how smart or successful they were and followed their advice, much of the time you ended up FAILING and CONFUSED.

But when you say "Fuck what he said...I'm gonna do this MY way".....you for some reason ended up SUCCEEDING?

Even when it comes to illegal activity

When it comes to selling drugs, running numbers, and pimping.

I'm not advocating these activities.

However, it's funny how a lot of Black people who can't make it on jobs or make it through high school but actually EXCEL in these unregulated underground activities that require a lot of complex business and social skills in order to be successful at them.
The only "failure" is getting arrested and going to prison and that's because they don't control the laws or their enforcement.
But they actually SUCCEEDED in the activities themselves and made a lot of money engaging in them!

Little Black boy can't remember the correct answers to pass a 7th grade exam, but the same boy can memorize an entire rap album after listening to it for only a week.

Why?
These are not only activities that our people LIKE doing and generates a lot of money but it also allows them to do them THEIR way without a Caucasian standing over them with their arms folded advising them or forcing them to do it in a particular way. 
So they learn success developing their own style.

Try to do shit HIS way and you get frustrated, confused, and not only fail but might even end up discouraged from ever trying again!

image.jpeg.e79d63ce62d82e11849669939dde9fae.jpeg

"Man I TRIED to do it the way you told 
me to but....I can't figure out....
They never even READ my resume!"

But we do GREAT when we do things OUR way!

image.jpeg.d915632cd9d5becb5e3b9fd5e049bb6a.jpeg

"Come on ladies......
Stop playing, yall know I gotta get up
tomorrow morning. 
I'm a busy nigga.
I got 3 businesses to stay on top of!"

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

After years of doing what I "thought" were the right things in life I'm beginning to understand that.....atleast for myself personally.....following the rules and taking the advice that Caucasians give for success doesn't work most of the time for me and it doesn't seem to work for MOST OTHER AfroAmericans either.

From my personal experiences and observations, following MY OWN rules or the rules and advice of other successful AfroAmericans work much much better and yeild more successful results.

I like what Dr. Boyce Watkins said recently:

He said Black men and women need to make OUR OWN rules.
He said you aren't gong to be successful letting Caucasians TELL YOU how to be....lol.

Now I've known this for years before he said it, but it's always good to hear another person bear-witness to and articulate what you've been thinking and saying.

How many of you have noticed that when you listen to Caucasians either on the job or in other areas of life no matter how smart or successful they were and followed their advice, much of the time you ended up FAILING and CONFUSED.

But when you say "Fuck what he said...I'm gonna do this MY way".....you for some reason ended up SUCCEEDING?

I can feel you on that. No doubt, there is a white way of doing things in America and it usually works for whites as they understand the nuances of what is to be done and exactly how it is to be done to reap the benefits. First, they have the complexion and the connections. Mainly, when a white kid needs a job, he doesn't have to scan the want ads. He merely makes a phone call and someone he knows know someone who knows someone. He has a job. It is that simple, sometimes. Any system, whether in nature or in America, tends to supports and upholds the needs of the people who put it in place. They do so that when the people at the top eat and the leftovers begin to trickle down, they want to make sure that the ones who benefit from their labors are those who look like them. And we, as outsiders, not knowing exactly how nepotism and the old boy network operates, we think we can get in where we fit in under that system and we get our butt kicked. They make it look so easy and we think we can do it. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it does not. Why? Because when they follow the signs or the rules put in place by their own people, it like they using a paint-by-numbers plan. They can't lose. On the other hand we playing the game with blindfolds on.

We get tricked into believing that if the system works for Mr. Charlie, it will produce for me as well. We believe that if if works for them it will works for us. It works for them because it was meant for them. When I was a peewee, when I got a cut, I would grab a band-aid. On the box, it said flesh-colored but when I put it on, it did not match my flesh. It was made for them and they are openly let you know it. This band-aid is flesh-colored because it matches the skin tone of the people it was meant for. When we use it, it doesn't perform as advertised. It may do the job, but it sure as hell exposed me by making me stand out. And that is what happens when we try to apply white solutions to our problems. Our game gets exposed and we get busted.

Or what about when you go to the doctor and they give you meds that don't work. Why? because the dosage of most meds were medically measured to suit the needs of a 110 pound white woman. Quite naturally, the dosage won't do shit for you, but it wasn't you that had in mind when they set the game up. You are nothing more than collateral damage. So, your first order of business is to 'screw your head on right" so you can peep the bullshit that they don't want you to see.  My brotha, excuse my french, but fuck the players of the game. It's the coach  or the rule book you want. Knowing the rules takes the guesswork out of the equation and when you know what you are doing, your chances for success go way up.

A lot of times, brothas shoot for the wrong prize. A brotha will be in an office flirting with the big-butt secretary when the person he needs to trying to get under is the cracker inside the office who can give him what he wants.

But, this is my personal thought. I learned a long time ago that in order to break the law, you must understand the law.  I think that in order to crack the code to how white folks play the game, you, first, gotta understand the game. Well, let me back up because I have already started  off with a bad piece of advice, and this is  old school science. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME, THEN YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST!

Brothers play the "dope game" but to white folks, it's a WAR on drugs. And that's how they confront it, as a WAR. Brothas be playing checkers, crackers be playing chess. It's the way of the system to make a brotha get less than he is worth because they know that if you don't value your worth, then you are going to always come up short. We don't value ourselves or our skills.

Check this out. You can take a white boy and a brother and equip them with the exact same skills. Let's say that both are automotive geniuses and can really handle a car. The white guy will go ahead and drive a race car for NASCAR whereas a brotha with the same skills will probably end up being a get-away driver for a crew of stick-up kids. or what about two kids, one black, one white who are charismatic and have the gift of gab. The white boy will become a highly paid motivational speaker. The brotha will use this same gift of persuasion to turn bitches out and have them on the corner selling ass.

Anyway, like I said, get the rulebook because once you know and understand the rules you can adapt them to fit your purposes. Data, like truth, is static and does not discriminate. It is what it is. Truth, under any and all circumstances will perform the same. It can't change or be altered. It's like a trusted recipe. It's always going to do what it do. And that is how it goes when you understand the rules Once I learn the rules to anything, it is no longer a white or a black thing----it's simply knowledge which will work for me just like it works for the whites . 

• Thanks 1

Another thing is how right you are to note how brothas in the underground economy can mimic the game of the crackers with some success. On the streets, we have to be versatile to survive. We can't be one-dimensional as is the case with a lot of brothas in the corporate world. In order to get in, they have to make sacrifices to fit in. They toe the corporate line and do as expected. On the streets, we adapt. When we saw the white man playing the stock market, we set down the numbers games on the same principles.

We saw how Uncle Sam played the oil game so we copied that and set up the dope game

On the streets, we look, we learn and we execute using the same principles as Uncle Sam. We just micro-gangsters. Uncle Sam be all in other countries fighting turf wars . We fight turf wars on the block. When we hustle, we just coping a page from Uncle Sam's playbook

Legal brothas have more ethical concerns and due to this restraint can't get as much done because they don't like doing the dirty work that sometimes accompanies success.

Gibran

Alright Gibran......
Now I remember you well because you've giving me the same feeling about you NOW that I had about you.....I guess some years ago...when you first started posting, lol.

I can't find it right now, but I remember saying something along the lines of your posts being the only ones with the ability to leave me SPEECHLESS!

And you haven't failed yet.
Your gift of articulation jogged my memory!

Now let me slice this turkey up piece by piece....lol.

I can feel you on that. No doubt, there is a white way of doing things in America and it usually works for whites as they understand the nuances of what is to be done and exactly how it is to be done to reap the benefits. First, they have the complexion and the connections. Mainly, when a white kid needs a job, he doesn't have to scan the want ads. He merely makes a phone call and someone he knows know someone who knows someone. He has a job. It is that simple, sometimes. 

When I talk to younger brothers, one of the first things I ask them is have you EVER seen a White man fill out a job application?

Because I haven't.

Everytime I see a White man working he's ALREADY working, I haven't seen one apply or even ASK for a job.  The jobs I've been on where a White man is working....he's already BEEN there....lol.

And if I walk in one day and see another, as soon as I figured he must have just got hired, I usually find out he was TRANSFERED from another location where he had BEEN working...lol.

They got this thang sown up for some time.

They make it look so easy and we think we can do it. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it does not. Why? Because when they follow the signs or the rules put in place by their own people, it like they using a paint-by-numbers plan. They can't lose. On the other hand we playing the game with blindfolds on.

We get tricked into believing that if the system works for Mr. Charlie, it will produce for me as well. We believe that if if works for them it will works for us. It works for them because it was meant for them. When I was a peewee, when I got a cut, I would grab a band-aid. On the box, it said flesh-colored but when I put it on, it did not match my flesh.

Excellent analogy.
You noticed it with band-aids, I noticed it with "flesh colored" talcum powder....lol.

Like you said, the system works for them because it was meant for them.  It was built by them.  Which means they had to study THEIR nature!

They know themselves and they also studied OUR nature.

They have this thing down to a science.

Just like you said about the medicine being designed for a 110 pound white woman.  The psychology they use and teach was meant to benefit themselves, not us.

We don't value ourselves or our skills.

Do you realize that Caucasians value the skills and creativity of AfroAmericans more than they do!

I literally mean they VALUE it more....as in they PAY MORE MONEY for it!

Look at how so many Caucasians have gotten rich off of selling Hiphop (AfroAmerican invention), Basketball, dancing, Boxing, and other industries dominated by skillful and talented AfroAmericans!

While the brother and sisters are out dancing and hooping and walking up and down the street rapping for fun or out of boredom, the Caucasians spots the talent and convinces him to go on tour and make millions!
Why?
Because they RECOGNIZE and VALUE our skills and creativity.
They may not have those same skills and creativity in them....but they know how to exploit it in others.

Another thing is how right you are to note how brothas in the underground economy can mimic the game of the crackers with some success. On the streets, we have to be versatile to survive. We can't be one-dimensional as is the case with a lot of brothas in the corporate world. In order to get in, they have to make sacrifices to fit in. They toe the corporate line and do as expected. On the streets, we adapt. When we saw the white man playing the stock market, we set down the numbers games on the same principles.

This system STIFLES AfroAmerican creativity.
It takes what a lot of our people tend to be good at and either makes it illegal or forces you to get a license to engage in it in order to discourage and dissuade our people from engaging in it.  They try their best to force our people to either DO NOTHING or accept their subservient "place" in THEIR society.

This is one of the reasons this system must collapse.
As long as our people are under it's authority they will not be able to meet their full potential, because this system won't allow you to reach it.
This system LIMITS our success as AfroAmericans and even seeks to limit the THINKING of the children to limit their creativity.

23 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Of course.  This is why I left Wall Street brought a place in FL and started running AALBC full-time.

Of course I make a lot less money, but I have never been freer.  This is why people like Candice, Harris, and Omorosa mess with white folks they value money, power, and fame.  

@Gibran is right when I got out of grad school and had white connections.  I always got my jobs through people I know and all those people where white.

There are some Black people who'd hook other Black people up, but those Black people are rare; (1) because we don't often have roles where we are in a position to hire someone and; (2) when they do they are often not included to hook another Black person up. Like Obama, they don't want to be perceived as showing favoritism.

I agreed with most of what Boyce said it his video.  Too bad his platform his social media, otherwise I might engage with him.

16 hours ago, Gibran said:

IF YOU THINK YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME, THEN YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST!

This is true and it is hard to communicate this to people, because you come across a reactionary and angry.  People often ask me what do you have against Amazon or Facebook. The bottom line is that Jeff Bezos is clear: he wants to completely control ecommerce -- perhaps all commerce.  He is not playing; he straps up everyday ready for combat!  His wealth is a testament to this attitude.

As far as white people valuing our skills, they value their skills first.  I remember how these book bloggers would get so much attention from the white media about their little blogs -- how influential, creative, and trailblazing they were. I compared what they were doing to what I was doing with AALBC and could not believe it. 

Of course all of those Bloggers are gone and AALBC has grown, but do I expect the white media to applaud me -- of course not.  In 2020 white media's attention has moved on. Today some instagrammer with 100,000 followers is praised as the next great thing, while AALBC can get that many page views in a day.  

The white media does not care about what happens on Black platforms, we are invisible to them.

Instagram's (owned by Facebook) market cap does not benefit us.  Popular people on Instagram --even if the are Black -- benefits Instagram and that Black individual (temporarily). So the media praises and covers whatever goes on Instagram, and the platform is bolstered as a result.

For those who care about books this is why I boycott Amazon and the new outfit Booshop.org. Those platforms have waged war against indie booksellers, publishers, distributors, and writers. Again if we don't see it we have already lost.

War requires an army and sacrifice. If too many of us partner with the enemy, for personal gain and the rest of us are not willing to sacrifice we are ill prepared for, and can not engage in battle. 

As a result we are left fending for ourselves and this is pretty much our position today.

Troy

This is why people like Candice, Harris, and Omorosa mess with white folks they value money, power, and fame.  

And  notice they are all women.
Certainly that has something to do with it as well.  Not having the TYPE of ego or pride most men have that would prevent most of us from "submitting" to the humiliation that often comes with "successful" positions in White corporate America.

I've had sisters OPENLY brag about how many white d*cks they've sucked to get to the position they're in!
Usually justifying it by saying they did it to send their children to school.
But still........

There are some Black people who'd hook other Black people up, but those Black people are rare; (1) because we don't often have roles where we are in a position to hire someone and; (2) when they do they are often not included to hook another Black person up. Like Obama, they don't want to be perceived as showing favoritism.

To play Obama's advocate.....lol....a problem that often arises from trying to "hook another brother up" is that some brothers jack up the opportunity.

Say what you will.....
But the thing I notice about most White people is even though a buddy may help them get a job. Nepotism aside.  Once they get it they are usually QUALIFIED for the position and can do it properly.

They show up to work on time....eat their peanutbutter and jelly sandwich....and get the job done.

You're working on a good job, and your boy is hurting and needs some work....so you hook him up at your place of employment.
A week later he starts coming in late, smelling like blunts, and squeezing on a female co-worker's butt (the one YOU like) and ends up getting himself in trouble or fired all together.  

Ultimately this reflects back on YOU.
And if it happens too much then you just learn to STOP helping these "niggaz" get jobs and hold on to the one you have, lol.

We need to learn how to help out those of our people WORTHY of helping out.

If you're too stupid or undisciplined to hold a job.....I'd rather just GIVE you some money rather than bring you to my job and risk you jacking it up.

image.jpeg.c641255153e486786ad7874aa764e589.jpeg

"Man, they fired me over some bullshit man!
Talkin' about I threatened to shoot the manager.
I just told him to watch how he talkin' to me or
I'll run out to the ride and pop the trunk!
That's all I said!"

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Of course.  This is why I left Wall Street brought a place in FL and started running AALBC full-time.

Of course I make a lot less money, but I have never been freer.  This is why people like Candice, Harris, and Omorosa mess with white folks they value money, power, and fame.  

@Gibran is right when I got out of grad school and had white connections.  I always got my jobs through people I know and all those people where white.

There are some Black people who'd hook other Black people up, but those Black people are rare; (1) because we don't often have roles where we are in a position to hire someone and; (2) when they do they are often not included to hook another Black person up. Like Obama, they don't want to be perceived as showing favoritism.

I agreed with most of what Boyce said it his video.  Too bad his platform his social media, otherwise I might engage with him.

This is true and it is hard to communicate this to people, because you come across a reactionary and angry.  People often ask me what do you have against am*zon or Facebook. The bottom line is that Jeff Bezos is clear: he wants to completely control ecommerce -- perhaps all commerce.  He is not playing; he straps up everyday ready for combat!  His wealth is a testament to this attitude.

As far as white people valuing our skills, they value their skills first.  I remember how these book bloggers would get so much attention from the white media about their little blogs -- how influential, creative, and trailblazing they were. I compared what they were doing to what I was doing with AALBC and could not believe it. 

Of course all of those Bloggers are gone and AALBC has grown, but do I expect the white media to applaud me -- of course not.  In 2020 white media's attention has moved on. Today some instagrammer with 100,000 followers is praised as the next great thing, while AALBC can get that many page views in a day.  

The white media does not care about what happens on Black platforms, we are invisible to them.

Instagram's (owned by Facebook) market cap does not benefit us.  Popular people on Instagram --even if the are Black -- benefits Instagram and that Black individual (temporarily). So the media praises and covers whatever goes on Instagram, and the platform is bolstered as a result.

For those who care about books this is why I boycott am*zon and the new outfit Booshop.org. Those platforms have waged war against indie booksellers, publishers, distributors, and writers. Again if we don't see it we have already lost.

War requires an army and sacrifice. If too many of us partner with the enemy, for personal gain and the rest of us are not willing to sacrifice we are ill prepared for, and can not engage in battle. 

As a result we are left fending for ourselves and this is pretty much our position today.

1 hour ago, Troy said:

This is true and it is hard to communicate this to people, because you come across a reactionary and angry.  People often ask me what do you have against am*zon or Facebook. The bottom line is that Jeff Bezos is clear: he wants to completely control ecommerce -- perhaps all commerce.  He is not playing; he straps up everyday ready for combat!  His wealth is a testament to this attitude.

For those who care about books this is why I boycott am*zon and the new outfit Booshop.org. Those platforms have waged war against indie booksellers, publishers, distributors, and writers. Again if we don't see it we have already lost.

I guess, Brother Troy, that we just don't know what to do. I recall some years ago saying that maybe it is you who must forge the path as far as gaining an more equally stable platform on social media. I will help. I can write. I can blog. I just don't know how to do what, if anything, needs to be done. You do. I have no solid idea what Bezos and Zuckerberg are doing. I'm just a street person with my eye on the police and local politicians. I just asked the young lady in my bed if she knew who Jeff Bezos was. She didn't. Sista online shopping all the time. (her money, I must add. Not mine.) We gotta know who is who and what is what. Look, I don't even know how to use this website as people have complained that they can't follow my rants because I don't know how to use the quote button. It may not be that we don't want to help, we just need someone to whip us into the social army we need to be.

On 11/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, Pioneer1 said:

I've had sisters OPENLY brag about how many white d*cks they've sucked to get to the position they're in!

I'm glad I have not encountered any women who have expressed this sentiment to me. 

a problem that often arises from trying to "hook another brother up" is that some brothers jack up the opportunity.

Of course that is possible, but people in power don't have to stress over that possibility.  

A week later he starts coming in late, smelling like blunts, and squeezing on a female co-worker's butt

There are plenty of Brothers who would not behave that way in a professional environment.  I would think you would be able to determine whether someone you recommended would behave that way before making the recommendation.  Your concern seems contrived.

On 11/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, Gibran said:

I have no solid idea what Bezos and Zuckerberg are doing

Honestly, neither do I, not really.  I do know I can't possibly do what they have done.  The system does not work that way for us.

These guys have access to the capital markets (investors), schools (quality education) and connections (being white in America) that Black people can not possibly have for several generations at least.

Think about it.  roughly 25 years ago Jeff decided to sell books online.  Not exactly a novel idea, but he had connections on walls street who gave him enough money to sell books at a loss until he dominated not just the book business bit online commerce in general. Jeff did not make profit for at least a decade. but the kept pouring in.

If you were I were operating that like we would have viewed as failures for not making any money.

But Jeff and the wall street backers were playing the long game, for they knew Jeff was building a monopoly.  No Black man has ever been allowed to do this, however the tech sector is exploding with young white boy with ideas that are being funded to see what sticks. 

The best we can do is hold out hand out on some crowd funding site....

On 11/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, Gibran said:

I just asked the young lady in my bed if she knew who Jeff Bezos was. She didn't. Sista online shopping all the time.

Good, she does not need to know him LOL. I hope you hipped her to AALBC 😉

Gibran

I just asked the young lady in my bed if she knew who Jeff Bezos was. She didn't. 

Next time ask her to text her boyfriend and see if HE knows who Bezos is, lol.

((something a white guy would joke about))

Troy

I'm glad I have not encountered any women who have expressed this sentiment to me. 

It doesn't happen ALL the time but it's happened more times than you'd believe.  And the sisters weren't stupid either.  They both had good jobs and were over 30.

When women say things like that to me, I'm no longer taken by surprise or shocked.  It is what it is.  They're pretty much saying something I've already known, and they KNOW I know it because I talk about it more in REAL life than I do on-line believe it or not....lol.

I used to work security and had access to all type of work place cameras and saw what a lot of women do to not only get promoted but just KEEP a job.
Which is one of the reasons I'm so adamant about NOT marrying a woman I'm not able to fully support so that she won't HAVE to get a job!

There are plenty of Brothers who would not behave that way in a professional environment.  I would think you would be able to determine whether someone you recommended would behave that way before making the recommendation.  Your concern seems contrived.

You can't always judge a person's work performance based on casual aquaintance or even if you've grown up together.

Remember, I come from a blue collar background so we're not talking about Wall Street or IBM jobs.  
We're talking about forklift drivers, assembly line workers, driving delivery trucks, ect.....
You know....
Them deep voiced dudes with nappy chins who come to your office to deliver those big bottles for the water coolers....lol.

The same ones who always have a nice word and a smile for your female co-workers but ignore you or give you a mean look as he hurries out the door and back to the delivery truck....lol.

image.jpeg.ea8cb52c5444c7fe796dc8cd20d88ef5.jpeg

"If she working HERE I bet they hooking her ass
up with a 401K.  Yeah....wife material right there!"

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Remember, I come from a blue collar background so we're not talking about Wall Street or IBM jobs.  

I come from a blue collar background too.  Like many ADOS my age I was the first to go to college, first to work a desk job, etc in my family. This was a disadvantage of course...

That said, are you telling me that of the people you grew up with you can not determine who will act the fool on a job you hooked them up with?

Troy

are you telling me that of the people you grew up with you can not determine who will act the fool on a job you hooked them up with?

Some, I know for sure.
Others....I'm not sure of and I didn't really know how they would act UNTIL they were placed in a situation that brought the "street nigga" in them out.
Most AfroAmericans have it IN them, all it takes is the right situation or circumstance or the wrong exchange to bring it out.

See, it's more than JUST the job performance itself.
Almost all Black men I know can peform the ACTUAL JOB they are given.
It's the interactions with the people AROUND the job that often gets them in trouble.

A lot of brothers (and sisters) have discipline problems:
-Problems being on time.
-Problems telling "hood" stories and giving racist Caucasians too much information.
-Not being able to deal with subtle forms of racism.
-Not being able to discipline themselves around attractive women.
-Getting co-workers pregnant, lol.
-Walking around "rapping" to themselves.

You're working in a tire factory showing up to work in a FUR COAT.......

image.jpeg.35b7f811d64a95b5aaab00be3ea26325.jpeg

"Romey ROME....up in this muthaf....
Reporting for duty!"

Some of our brothers love to perform and put on a "show".

But besides that, it's also the silly bullshit that goes WITH the job that often involves getting along with White folks AND other people of color who've adopted their morals and ethics that tend to get a lot of brothers in trouble.

This is why on every job I've been a supervisor or manager on I take the AfroAmerican employees to the side and give them a "talk".....lol.

Most of the time when I give them the "talk" they end up staying on the job a long time because they avoid the problems most AfroAmerican men face on the job.

Just like almost all of the AfroAmerican employees I've ever trained on a job have NEVER been fired or even faced severe discipline from that particular job.

Once I discovered the RIGHT way of a job as opposed to the "White" way.....I learn how to TRANSLATE it to my people in a way THEY can clearly understand it and excell on the job!

19 hours ago, Troy said:

Of course that is possible, but people in power don't have to stress over that possibility.  

There are plenty of Brothers who would not behave that way in a professional environment.  I would think you would be able to determine whether someone you recommended would behave that way before making the recommendation.  Your concern seems contrived.

Honestly, neither do I, not really.  I do know I can't possibly do what they have done.  The system does not work that way for us.

These guys have access to the capital markets (investors), schools (quality education) and connections (being white in America) that Black people can not possibly have for several generations at least.

Think about it.  roughly 25 years ago Jeff decided to sell books online.  Not exactly a novel idea, but he had connections on walls street who gave him enough money to sell books at a loss until he dominated not just the book business bit online commerce in general. Jeff did not make profit for at least a decade. but the kept pouring in.

If you were I were operating that like we would have viewed as failures for not making any money.

But Jeff and the wall street backers were playing the long game, for they knew Jeff was building a monopoly.  No Black man has ever been allowed to do this, however the tech sector is exploding with young white boy with ideas that are being funded to see what sticks. 

The best we can do is hold out hand out on some crowd funding site....

Good, she does not need to know him LOL. I hope you hipped her to AALBC 😉

How do we help AALBC. I ghostwrite a lot so I will introduce these folks to AALBC. Plus, I have 20 books that I don't even attempt to sell. Crazy, right. I'm a writer and I hate the business of selling so I write books and forget about them. I also have writer friends in the joint and all of those guys write.  Many have books already and they are constantly bugging me for help.  Is MOSAIC still around. I think the brotha's name was Ron. He  and I spoke a few times, many many years ago. I remember AALBC and his site would do combined promotion stuff a while back. 

1 hour ago, Gibran said:

Is MOSAIC still around. I think the brotha's name was Ron

Mosaicbooks.com folded years ago.  Another one of the many Black-owned book sites we've lost.  The number of web based, Black-owned booksellers is shocking small.  AALBC. might even be the only site that has been their online bookstore from scratch.

Ron is still active on the literary scene though he runs a non-for-profit called the Literary Freedom Project.  Ron built his site from scratch too, but the web development dand ecommerce battles did not interest him.

1 hour ago, Gibran said:

How do we help AALBC.

Man that is a great question.  Your participation in this forum helps.  Basically if a fraction of the people who brought their books from Amazon, or conversed on social media did so here it would be a different story.  If a few celebrities did so on a regular basis forget about it LOL!

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Mosaicbooks.com folded years ago.  Another one of the many Black-owned book sites we've lost.  The number of web based, Black-owned booksellers is shocking small.  AALBC. might even be the only site that has been their online bookstore from scratch.

Ron is still active on the literary scene though he runs a non-for-profit called the Literary Freedom Project.  Ron built his site from scratch too, but the web development dand ecommerce battles did not interest him.

Man that is a great question.  Your participation in this forum helps.  Basically if a fraction of the people who brought their books from am*zon, or conversed on social media did so here it would be a different story.  If a few celebrities did so on a regular basis forget about it LOL!

I am going to  go on the black book clubs on FB and shout out AALBC and tell people to check out the site. As soon as I figure out how to use the CALL TO ACTION button on my website, I will set it up to get people to support AALBC. 

• Thanks 1